Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,667 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (19360 Views)

Marriage To A Non-muslim / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tintingz(m): 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

Yes, the media affects the minds of people and many build wrong perceptions,

I was reciting the Quran in my office once (during ramadan) and one of my colleagues (a venezuelan) walked in, you could see the fear on her face.. grin

I am like: chill out sister!!

Lolz grin
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by stone07(m): 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Did you see what I responded to?
Why do you guys just back yourselves up in this strange manner
He introduced his distraction, I respinded to it.
Then you suddenly remember the focus of this thread
Did you remind him of it

No that is not the correct answer
It is an answer that a Christian defender would summon to deflect attention from Christianity
The correct answer is that Christians are fighting a war of propaganda
Christians don't mind committing violence, but must try and distance themselves from it in the press!

I challenge you!!!!
Show
1. where I have ever supported ANY evil committed by anyone
2. Where YOU have ever condemned evil wrought by a Christian!
See your devilish life now. I have not even finish talking u have started writing in blood colour. Terrorist want to suck blood again. Look for ur people to kill. The colour have shown d kind of person u are.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Paschal007: 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

So why do you guys still bring acts committed to Nairaland to comment upon
Why are you not just satisfied with only the media coverage

How am I a terrorist symphatiser and you are not?
You don't like Alqaeda and Boko Haram; I detest them too
You love the NLFT converting people by force to Christianity in India but I hate them
You tolerate the LRA engaged in senseless killing of non-Christians in Congo but I detest them
You symphatise with the Christian militant group Hutaree while I frown at their acts

I despise violence against innocent people everywhere, you are selective in your choice of terrorists that you condemn
You find Muslim terror groups unacceptable but to you, the motives of Christian terror groups should be understood!
Sir, I believe that you are about to take over from Rev king to prepare you for your next assignment as Head of NLFT in India!!

Is this guy ok?
Some weird active imagination you got going on there. How did you came about all this conclusion about me.

Watch it bro, you are losing it. Before you know it, you'd be strapping a C4 and heading to the nearest Church. Tell them you didn't see me. angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHsAxlzetc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Paschal007: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Somebody call 911. Surely Bitathings has gone bonkers. grin
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by siddiq202(m): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

I was reciting the Quran in my office once (during ramadan) and one of my colleagues (a venezuelan) walked in, you could see the fear on her face.. grin

grin grin grin

On a serious note, you are very correct. You can imagine someone that has never in his entire life do a research about Islam on his own will be shouting 72 virgins anytime he reads that some people are using the name of Islam to carry out atrocities.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by herquleez(m): 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
To start with, I would like to say that the term 'terrorist' is very subjective; some would argue very rightly that one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

The famous term has come to stay with us whether we like it or not and it's a word that has been imprinted in our ears from time to time by the western media to depict groups against there own sellfish interests.

I would like to go back in history here: there was this group in Israel (Hagganah) [/b]that started attacking British interests in palestine (modern day Israel). There tactics and targets then would by today's standards qualify them as a terrorist group. But then there aim was to frustrate the british government and send them packing. Of course, the British got tired and left.

Leaving Israel and movinng on to Egypt, some groups of persons came together to win their land from British colonial rule. The name of the group was[b] 'the islamic brotherhood'
. Yet gain, their tactics and target by today's standards would easily qualify them as terrorists.

Going forward, the PLO was born to win back palestine from the Israelis (or Jews as antisemitics like to call them). The PLO [/b]used such tactics as bombings and kidnappings and hijackings to fight for their cause.

Let's go to 1960s to 1980s Germany (then West Germany), there was the [b]'Red Army Faction'
. Now the Red Army Faction used all these tactics as the groups above mentioned and in fact collaborated with PLO in carrying out some attacks. All the RAF wanted was a communist Germany, not that they were under any form of oppression. They kidnapped high ranking officials and killed them, bombings, hijackings and even collaborated with the PLO.

In Ireland, there was the IRA [/b]and the [b]Sein Fein, they hated the fact that the Brithish were ruling their land and they employed tactics that today would brand them terrorists. Now in the same Ireland, a group opposed to the IRA and the Sein Fein also employed same tactics to further their aims.

Fastforwaarding to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Mujahadins (which somehow metamorphorsed into the Taleban [/b]today) were fighting against the Soviets to liberate their land from what they saw as infidel contamination of a muslim land.

Hezbollah was born to comfront Israel.

The [b]FARC
in colombia are fighting for a communist colombia and thus carry out bombings, hijackings and the likes.

Whether muslim or not, Jewish or Irish, every nation or groups of people who feel aggreived has at one time or the other employed brutal and unconventional means to liberate themselves and frustrate their oppressors. This to me is the truth.

The dividing line between a terrorist and a non-terrorist, is legitimising attacks on civilians. That to me is what makes a terrorist. The moment u hate jews and attack every jew, hate muslims and thus attack every muslim, hate christian and thus attack every christian, etc you should be termed a terrorist.

The problem we have today however, is that there are so many groups and splinter groups that were not established to liberate anything or anyone but to propagate there ideaology through violence against not just military targets but civilians alike- (al-qaeda in the Islamic Mahreb (AQIM), Boko Haram, Al-shabab, Al-qaeda.

Talking about media coverage, the media CNN, BBC, and the likes are closely controlled by these ppowerful countries and you only see what they want you to see, that's why aljazeera is hated by the US govt and military.

Another fact exists though that cannot be disputed, there are more muslim extremist groups than any other religion in this present world. But yet again some woould argue that the American millitary machine with all its technology kills more civilians than any other islamic extremist group.

The bottom line is this if your action involves lots of civilian deaths and those actions strike fear into the entire populace, you are a terrorist!!!!!

#my honest and humble submission.

Pardon the lengthy write up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
stone07: See your devilish life now. I have not even finish talking u have started writing in blood colour. Terrorist want to suck blood again. Look for ur people to kill. The colour have shown d kind of person u are.

Take up the challenge! I dare you
Be strong
Show where I supported any evil!
Show where you condemned terror done by Christians
!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
Paschal007: Somebody call 911. Surely Bitathings has gone bonkers. grin
The English language is very rich and flexible
Surely we can search the dictionary and get very very derogatory words that ryhmes with "Paschal"
But we have standards
We would not descend so low!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tintingz(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
I remeber when George bush decleared a crusade on muslims, killing innocent muslims no media label him a terrorist but he is the hero.... What a junk angry
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by mshd5: 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Black Peni5: To answer the OPs question. Non-muslim terrorists get as much media attention as muslim ones. However lets draw a clear line between these two groups. Non-Muslim terrorist have little or no religious inclination. They terrorise people out of greed for money or power. Hardly will a non-muslim terrorist blow himself up. Others do it for political gains. In these cases, the reason for their action is clear and can be tackled easily. Now Muslim terrorists want to Islamize the whole world which is very unrealistic. They also see non-muslims as lesser humans. These people are ready to blow themselves up to cause maximum damage. The western media gives them the attention because they've not been able to understand their ideology. I also wonder why d OP is complaining about media coverage of Muslim terrorists. All Terrorists love media attention in order make them feel powerful. In anycase, all terrorists are criminals irrespective of their cause.
Aside d ignorants boko haram dt claimed in d name f Islam, whose else group want 2 islamise d world whch is in total deviation 2 islamic injuctn.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Be strong
!

grin grin grin

You used the 'blood colour'... grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Paschal007:

Is this guy ok?
Some weird active imagination you got going on there. How did you came about all this conclusion about me.

Watch it bro, you are losing it. Before you know it, you'd be strapping a C4 and heading to the nearest Church. Tell them you didn't see me

Yes. Saddam had weapons of mass destruction!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
stone07: Mr man we are not saying you shld analyse numbers of those that are kill. Our discussion is based on y media attenttion is more on islamic terrorists, in which d correct answer to it is because islamic terrorists kill human being in mass in their God's name. Tell us why u are supporting this evil.

I disagree, the focus of this thread is the near non-existent coverage of non-Muslim terrorist activities.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

grin grin grin

You used the 'blood colour'... grin grin grin

The new act of terror according to a Christian!
I guess I would be a guest of the SSS very soon
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by LordReed(m): 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
Here is a Wikipedia excerpt for the LRA:

Initially, there was no such movement called LRA against the Ugandan government. On the contrary, it was the Ugandan government army who operated under the name NRA National Resistance Army before they changed their name to UPDF Uganda People's Defence Force. They terrorised the civilians by burning homes, looting livestock, killings, rapes, spreading HIV disease, genocide.[9][10] The Ugandan army were also the first to recruit children, and they continued to do so unabated. In June 2006, Radhika Coomaraswamy, the UN's special representative for children, found more than 5000 children recruited in the Ugandan government army.[11] The insurgency by the government's NRA led to the formation of the rebel group called the Lord's Resistance Army. Ideologically, LRA believe in African mysticism, Christian fundamentalism, and Islam.

Also google Lords Resistance Army and you'll find up to date reports on them.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Juell(m): 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
mmmustapha: There's only 1 religion on earth dats ISLAM, weather u like it or not christianity is a fake religion, fake bible fake followers

Bros if u so sure y do allah only understands Arabic? Our God understands evry language we pray in.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by stone07(m): 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ That one is good betathings

Check this one:

Preschoolers with guns have taken more lives in the US than terrorists this past year.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/toddlers-killed-more-americans-terrorists-did-year

Did they claim they are killing in God's name like your people always do?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
stone07: Did they claim they are killing in God's name like your people always do?

Don't make me write in 'blood colour'... grin grin grin

Go ask your people :the Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Army of God, Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
Realistically, the media blow such things out of proportion because its the top thing. Any 'killing(s)' is in the press and that's how you got to know those that aint muslim initiated but those by muslims are more like 'they've come again o' - coz its routine to expect violence from muslims

All terrorists are muslims but not all muslims are terrorists- agreed

Those christians who kill others don't do it coz of their religion but the muslims will scream "Alahu Akbar" to honour their religion-more like letting their 'father' know they're coming
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
herquleez: To start with, I would like to say that the term 'terrorist' is very subjective; some would argue very rightly that one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

The famous term has come to stay with us whether we like it or not and it's a word that has been imprinted in our ears from time to time by the western media to depict groups against there own sellfish interests.

I would like to go back in history here: there was this group in Israel (Hagganah) [/b]that started attacking British interests in palestine (modern day Israel). There tactics and targets then would by today's standards qualify them as a terrorist group. But then there aim was to frustrate the british government and send them packing. Of course, the British got tired and left.

Leaving Israel and movinng on to Egypt, some groups of persons came together to win their land from British colonial rule. The name of the group was[b] 'the islamic brotherhood'
. Yet gain, their tactics and target by today's standards would easily qualify them as terrorists.

Going forward, the PLO was born to win back palestine from the Israelis (or Jews as antisemitics like to call them). The PLO [/b]used such tactics as bombings and kidnappings and hijackings to fight for their cause.

Let's go to 1960s to 1980s Germany (then West Germany), there was the [b]'Red Army Faction'
. Now the Red Army Faction used all these tactics as the groups above mentioned and in fact collaborated with PLO in carrying out some attacks. All the RAF wanted was a communist Germany, not that they were under any form of oppression. They kidnapped high ranking officials and killed them, bombings, hijackings and even collaborated with the PLO.

In Ireland, there was the IRA [/b]and the [b]Sein Fein, they hated the fact that the Brithish were ruling their land and they employed tactics that today would brand them terrorists. Now in the same Ireland, a group opposed to the IRA and the Sein Fein also employed same tactics to further their aims.

Fastforwaarding to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Mujahadins (which somehow metamorphorsed into the Taleban [/b]today) were fighting against the Soviets to liberate their land from what they saw as infidel contamination of a muslim land.

Hezbollah was born to comfront Israel.

The [b]FARC
in colombia are fighting for a communist colombia and thus carry out bombings, hijackings and the likes.

Whether muslim or not, Jewish or Irish, every nation or groups of people who feel aggreived has at one time or the other employed brutal and unconventional means to liberate themselves and frustrate their oppressors. This to me is the truth.

The dividing line between a terrorist and a non-terrorist, is legitimising attacks on civilians. That to me is what makes a terrorist. The moment u hate jews and attack every jew, hate muslims and thus attack every muslim, hate christian and thus attack every christian, etc you should be termed a terrorist.

The problem we have today however, is that there are so many groups and splinter groups that were not established to liberate anything or anyone but to propagate there ideaology through violence against not just military targets but civilians alike- (al-qaeda in the Islamic Mahreb (AQIM), Boko Haram, Al-shabab, Al-qaeda.

Talking about media coverage, the media CNN, BBC, and the likes are closely controlled by these ppowerful countries and you only see what they want you to see, that's why aljazeera is hated by the US govt and military.

Another fact exists though that cannot be disputed, there are more muslim extremist groups than any other religion in this present world. But yet again some woould argue that the American millitary machine with all its technology kills more civilians than any other islamic extremist group.

The bottom line is this if your action involves lots of civilian deaths and those actions strike fear into the entire populace, you are a terrorist!!!!!

#my honest and humble submission.

Pardon the lengthy write up.

Amongst many inept posts, we find one with real insight.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

Living example of the media effect on the minds of the people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xN4Mcpgxs
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by stone07(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Be strong
!
If i see a christian dat kill a muslim for no reason,he must face d law. Even if he has reason for d killing.he must be charge.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
iv4fb: Realistically, the media blow such things out of proportion because its the top thing. Any 'killing(s)' is in the press and that's how you got to know those that aint muslim initiated but those by muslims are more like 'they've come again o' - coz its routine to expect violence from muslims

"Un"-agreed!
was the Oklahoma bomber a Muslim before he carried out his bombing.
The Texan who crashed his paned into the tax office. He was not a muslim before the act!
The NLFT in India'
the british IRA
The LRA in Uganda
The hutaree in USA
The American soldiers in Irag destroying mosques and spraying crosses on them
were not muslim

I concede that it is possible that the power-that-be forced them to convert to Islam in order to achieve this categorisation of all Muslims as terrorists
I reckon that Breivik is also now a Muslim by that measure
So would be his polish colleagues who wanted to take down the parliament!

iv4fb:
Those christians who kill others don't do it coz of their religion but the muslims will scream "Alahu Akbar" to honour their religion-more like letting their 'father' know they're coming

So who are we to believe?
The NLFT that convert people to Christianity by force
Sarah Palin who said the illegal Iraqi war was a task from God
the American soldiers saying Jesus kill Mohammed as they paraded holy cities in Iraq and sprayed crosses on mosques

or YOU?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
stone07: If i see a christian dat kill a muslim for no reason,he must face d law. Even if he has reason for d killing.he must be charge.

Now you are talking!
No one, no matter the reason they have, including the Police, should take the law into their hands
Self defence is the only justification
Even that, as shown in the Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman issue, can be abused
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Paschal007: 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Yes. Saddam had weapons of mass destruction!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tintingz(m): 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
iv4fb: Realistically, the media blow such things out of proportion because its the top thing. Any 'killing(s)' is in the press and that's how you got to know those that aint muslim initiated but those by muslims are more like 'they've come again o' - coz its routine to expect violence from muslims

Do you read where i posted someone that called himself a christian warrior
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

Now you are talking!
No one, no matter the reason they have, including the Police, should take the law into their hands
Self defence is the only justification
Even that, as shown in the Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman issue, can be abused

you did not support violence against the innocent but you do support Dr. Nair who says that people who convert from islam and try to further their new religion should be put to death. I do not know how such people are guilty of anything.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by stone07(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234:

Don't make me write in 'blood colour'... grin grin grin

Go ask your people :the Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Army of God, Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord.
Stop mentioning groups dat people are not familial with. Just give me one or two christian terrorist groups in nigeria and i wll accept defeat. Shikena.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
tintingz: Do you read where i posted someone that called himself a christian warrior

I am surprised you are trying to provide a rebuttal to such a confused post.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by kinguwem: 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
The Tamil Liberation Tigers were a very popular terrorist organization until they were brutally crushed by the Sri Lankan Government in May, 2009. The Tamils are predominantly hindus.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 12:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

you did not support violence against the innocent but you do support Dr. Nair who says that people who convert from islam and try to further their new religion should be put to death. I do not know how such people are guilty of anything.

So where do you stand in relation to media coverage of terrorism by non-muslims?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 12:03am On Jun 13, 2013
stone07: Stop mentioning groups dat people are not familial with. Just give me one or two christian terrorist groups in nigeria and i wll accept defeat. Shikena.

I hope you realise that the same question can be put by a muslim to an Ugadan Christian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sultan Sa'ad Announces The Commencement Of Ramadan / Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday / Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.