Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,542 members, 7,944,607 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released (8787 Views)

2nd-List Of 100 Wanted Boko Haram Suspects Released By Nigerian Army (photos) / 50 Boko-Haram Suspects Killed & Three Captured In Borno / 20 Boko-Haram Suspects Protest Non-trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Maxymilliano(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2013
Nigerian Military Releases 23 Women, 35 Juvenile Boko Haram Suspects

Some of the kids confessed to working for Boko Haram.

Some women and young boys who allegedly carried assault rifles, planted bombs, and helped insurgents with information that endangered the lives of soldiers and civilians were on Friday received by the Borno State Government.

The military, acting on the directive of Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan, released 20 persons (six women and 14 juveniles) to the Borno State Government for onward rehabilitation and reintegration into the society.

The juveniles were aged between 9 and 14.

Governor Kashim Shettima, who received the detainees from officials of the Joint Task Force, said the release of the ex-Boko Haram suspects was a step taken by the federal government in the right direction.

Spokesman of the JTF, Lt Col Sagir Musa, said the released suspects were true members of Boko Haram arrested last year at various locations of Maiduguri, the state capital.

One of the released suspects, a ten-year old, confessed publicly to Governor Shettima that “I usually help Boko Haram to leak information on military activities so that they can attack them. My last job was to travel from Maiduguri to Gashua (320km away) to spy on soldiers before I was caught.”

Another one, a 13-year-old, said, “we usually help Boko Haram to carry stolen items each time and sometimes help them to give information about people they want to attack and sometimes even help to hide their guns after attacks. They pay us N5000 after every operation. I regret what I did, I want to go home and ask for forgiveness from my father and mother for what I did; I also want to go to school.”

A 14-year-old boy said he was arrested in connection with the burning of a school in Maiduguri last year.

“I was arrested because I know those who burnt the school without telling the soldiers. Some people heard me discussing about the people who burnt the school and reported me to the soldiers who arrested me,” he said.

All the six women, who were accused of being informants of Boko Haram, denied the allegation even as they gave excuses for their arrest and detention. They, however, promised to be law abiding citizens once they are integrated back into the society.

Governor Shettima directed the State Ministry of Women Affairs and Youth Development to take over the women, train them on various skills of their interest before reintegrating them to their communities. He also directed that photos of the kids be televised “so that their parents or wards could come to claim them after giving government assurances of enrolling them into schools.”

Mr. Shettima added that every parent of the pardoned children who showed evidence of their wards going to school for a stretch of 30days would be given N10,000 monthly.

Highlight of the hand-over occasion was the presentation of gifts like clothes and cash by the Borno Government.

Yobe too

In a related development, the JTF in Yobe State announced the release of 38 Boko Haram members to the state government.
Spokesman of the Yobe JTF, Lieutenant Eli Lazarus, stated this in a statement sent to journalists.

“In compliance with the defence headquarters, the military Joint Task Force (JTF) in Yobe state today (Friday) released first badge of detainees under its custody.

Mr. Lazarus said he presented the detainees to the state government on behalf of the task force.

The detainees released include seventeen women and twenty one children.

Mr. Lazarus said he hoped the release will serve the purpose for which it was intended pointing out that “other detainees will also be released in subsequent badges.”

“Receiving the detainees on behalf of the state government the attorney general and commissioner of justice Ahmed Mustapha Goneri thank the JTF for released saying the detainees will be rehabilitated and integrated into the society,” Mr. Lazarus added.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137087-nigerian-military-releases-23-women-35-juvenile-boko-haram-suspects.html

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by okosodo: 8:29pm On May 31, 2013
Releasing terrorists wether 5 years old is not the best

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 31, 2013
I hope this good gesture from the FG will confirm to the locals that their real enemy is Boko Haram not GEJ. Those suspects were released in the spirit of reconciliation, to win the hearts of the locals and to further isolate unrepentant islamists. I just hope the govt can generate enough local media propaganda around this release and leverage as much as possible.

In the end, it is impossible to kill every Boko Haram member. It is the carrot and stick approach that will bring a quick end to the crisis.

12 Likes

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by oshyno(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2013
This is absolutely a right decision cuz it will definitely expose to d locals that govt is not their enemy. Problem is that there is soo much poverty in that land that that stipend of 10k might cause anoda wahala if nt well handled.

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 31, 2013
Mr. Shettima added that every parent of the
pardoned children who showed evidence of
their wards going to school for a stretch of
30days would be given N10,000 monthly.

Highlight of the hand-over occasion was the
presentation of gifts like clothes and cash by
the Borno Government.

And the above freebies and welfare packages were borne of the heavy crimes they committed against the country...?

"Really there was a country"

Nsogbu adro...

Oda ko buru...
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 31, 2013
Mr. Shettima added that every parent of the
pardoned children who showed evidence of
their wards going to school for a stretch of
30days would be given N10,000 monthly. Highlight of the hand-over occasion was the
presentation of gifts like clothes and cash by
the Borno Government.

So any kid can now claim to be boko haram informant and get all this? undecided

Either way, its the Right decision..
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by toluxa1(m): 11:04pm On May 31, 2013
Just put tracking devices inside their p**sy so they can lead the Army to their husbands.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by gramci: 11:06pm On May 31, 2013
I hope that their NL members were among the released.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by brownlord: 11:09pm On May 31, 2013
Maxymilliano: Governor Shettima directed the State Ministry of Women Affairs and Youth Development to take over the women, train them on various skills of their interest before reintegrating them to their communities. He also directed that photos of the kids be televised “so that their parents or wards could come to claim them after giving government assurances of enrolling them into schools.”

Mr. Shettima added that every parent of the pardoned children who showed evidence of their wards going to school for a stretch of 30days would be given N10,000 monthly.

Crime pays in Nigeria, almajiris aka future boko haram that ought to be fried and dump in hot oil now secured monthly renumeration for their parents from the govt. account, chai Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by toluxa1(m): 11:10pm On May 31, 2013
But if the picture of these kids are televised, how save are they after such public confession? Anyway, I believe the Army knows exactly what they doing.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 31, 2013
People are talking as if women and children are not used/involved in/for terrorists attacks.who do you think are the ones giving information about military presence, or giving signal when officers are coming?

The NA should kill them all regardless the age or gender, a bokoharam is not only the one who pulls the trigger, but everyone providing shelters , cooking for them and supporting Their dumb ideologies.

So if they are innocent thumbs up for the NA for carrying investigations and releasing them, but if they are released on the sole basis that they are children.or women may thunder strike these dumb officials

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Dubby6(m): 11:12pm On May 31, 2013
toluxa1: Just put tracking devices inside their p**sy so they can lead the Army to their husbands.

Hope uve taken ure drugs cos the last time i checked u were insane
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by gigg: 11:14pm On May 31, 2013
not a bad decision.... hope this will help..
undecidednot a bad decision.... hope this will help..
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by lif2uz(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2013
How are we sure they have changed and will not go back to the same crime?

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by taharqa2: 11:19pm On May 31, 2013
toluxa1: Just put tracking devices inside their p**sy so they can lead the Army to their husbands.
Hehehehehe..... Some of una too get mouth, i swear grin grin grin
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Owodiong(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2013
Hp dz wil nt cause dem 2 regroup again

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by ril19(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2013
this move is two-ways, somewhat bisexual. First, it is political. Second, it could have a reverse effect because u might just be releasing the future generation of BH. I'm not wholely against the release, especially as it involves real juveniles. But the truth is, we can not be so certain that this move will fully convince these that the government is their friend. For example, we don't know what condition they might have been subjected to while in detention
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by 50calibre(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2013
What the hell does this mean, is there anything like a juvenile terrorist? Why don't they tell that to the authorities holding that Boston bomber or the female Kurdish or al Qaeda fighters.

A terrorist is a terrorist, be it female or a 6 months old

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by theripper3: 11:36pm On May 31, 2013
This doesn't feel right.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 31, 2013
I agree wit u, this is a peace peacebuilding initiative, this will go a long way to de-emphasize the propaganda, dat d so-called NEF is yapping abt. Good work to d initiators of this, but also i will advice the security agencies to create a special database to monitor and track the activities of these ones with a bid 2 acquire more intelligence
Sincere 9gerian: I hope this good gesture from the FG will confirm to the locals that their real enemy is Boko Haram not GEJ. Those suspects were released in the spirit of reconciliation, to win the hearts of the locals and to further isolate unrepentant islamists. I just hope the govt can generate enough local media propaganda around this release and leverage as much as possible.

In the end, it is impossible to kill every Boko Haram member. It is the carrot and stick approach that will bring a quick end to the crisis.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 31, 2013
Shekau was once a baby.now he's a monster.pls kill shekau junior now.before he grow into a real terror like like forefathers.kill the hands that gave them food.the brea/sts that fed their greedy mouths and the p**sies that f?cked them.kill the goats and cows that are to be used in feeding them and the trees that will bear fruit for them to pluck.kill,annihilate,destroy everything that supports them.

1 Like

Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by 50calibre(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2013
lorretta u: Shekau was once a baby.now he's a monster.pls kill shekau junior now.before he grow into a real terror like like forefathers.kill the hands that gave them food.the brea/sts that fed their greedy mouths and the p**sies that f?cked them.kill the goats and cows that are to be used in feeding them and the trees that will bear fruit for them to pluck.kill,annihilate,destroy everything that supports them.

Violent and aggressive woman! Always looking for who to attract or kill.

Why not join the army?
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by ifihearam: 12:03am On Jun 01, 2013
God bless the president of the federal Republic of nigeria for this noble gesture. This is a sign that he is indeed a father of the nation. I just love this man.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by mojounited(m): 12:50am On Jun 01, 2013
lorretta u: Shekau was once a baby.now he's a monster.pls kill shekau junior now.before he grow into a real terror like like forefathers.kill the hands that gave them food.the brea/sts that fed their greedy mouths and the p**sies that f?cked them.kill the goats and cows that are to be used in feeding them and the trees that will bear fruit for them to pluck.kill,annihilate,destroy everything that supports them.

Nne, I wouldn't share a bed space with you with my eyes closed cheesy #Fear catch me sef shocked shocked
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 01, 2013
mojounited:

Nne, I wouldn't share a bed space with you with my eyes closed cheesy #Fear catch me sef shocked shocked
Lafs. I thot I was the only that looked up and saw the (f) gender after noticing the number of kills in each line of her post. That babe should be given a job to secure our borders so she can kill all those nigeriens infiltrating this country.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by Nobody: 3:00am On Jun 01, 2013
grin grin
I no fit laf abeg.. NL will not kee me. U be fool oo
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:12am On Jun 01, 2013
It's good to free them. I just hope they ll not be hunted by Boko Haram members especially those children. But I dey roll eye for the N10,000 monthly allowance to be given to them.
-----------------------
Last Bullet: I believe say dem don put tracking devices for their body. Just for security reason.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by searay(m): 6:33am On Jun 01, 2013
Now I don't want to say one thing and the Mods hand me a ban thinking that I'm saying another thing.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by iceberry1759: 6:40am On Jun 01, 2013
okosodo: Releasing terrorists wether 5 years old is not the best
so tell us D̶̲̥̅̊ best thing they would have done
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by searay(m): 6:41am On Jun 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ...a bokoharam is not only the one who pulls the trigger, but everyone providing shelters , cooking for them and supporting Their dumb ideologies.
Students should take note of this definition.
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by IamJerry: 6:42am On Jun 01, 2013
WORST MOVE FROM WORST GOVERNMENT.....BY WORST PRESIDENT....WHO IS NOT EVEN BOLD OF HIMSELF ALL IN THE NAME OF SELF-FISH INTEREST......
Re: Women & Juvenile Boko-Haram Suspects Released by mu2sa2: 6:58am On Jun 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I hope this good gesture from the FG will confirm to the locals that their real enemy is Boko Haram not GEJ. Those suspects were released in the spirit of reconciliation, to win the hearts of the locals and to further isolate unrepentant islamists. I just hope the govt can generate enough local media propaganda around this release and leverage as much as possible.

At the same time, Gej must be held responsible in respect of those who were unjustly detained or in flagrant violation of the constitution. Gani Fawehinmi is no more with us to take up the case of these poor women and under-aged kids who were clamped into squalid conditions for months without being charged to court , but other peoples lawyers can take up this case . This inhuman and illegal act of deliberate violation of the constitution must not be allowed to be brushed under the carpet. Those who committed this evil act will pay for it in or out of office. If a person commits an offence he should answer for it, but not his kids,wife or sister or mother.
These people shouldn't have been detained at all, but under an incompetent govt and phony democracy incongruities will be the order of the day. Even Americans with all their anti- Taliban stance did not degenerate to officially kidnapping innocent women relatives and kid children of their arch-enemies in Afghanistan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Supervised Obituaries Of Industries, Says Oshiomhole / Lady Cries Out Over Deplorable State Of Lagos Road / Sen Nwaogu Debunks Defection Move From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.