Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,871 members, 7,889,914 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

I am an Atheist ask me any questions. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I am an Atheist ask me any questions. (3830 Views)

I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! / I Am An Atheist Ask Me Any Anything Part 2 / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 31, 2013
I am an Atheist. I was raised up by my mom only as my Dad was abroad in Canada and Later United States. Growing up, i went to church just like many other kids in Nigeria, I was honestly curious about God and i asked my mom questions about God, but i was quickly shunned and told the usuall bs answer, God is Mysterious, dont question God and such. Later, i repressed these curious questions and feelings about God, especially after stories of hell, and i started to believe and worship God. I moved to the United States in 2007, and around my junior year in high school, it all changed. I had a friend who was brought up in a christian household just like i was and he eventually became an Atheist, i started to question to, but was still sort of a theist, until i met a guy who lived closed to me, we started talking and he mentioned stuff about islam and how Jesus is not really a divine God or anything, he also criticized christianity and he made some good points, so i started doing research online and before i know it, i realized that it was all a lie. Fast forward to my freshman year in College, I reached the conclusion that I am an Atheist, free from dogmatic principles, Free at Last!

Finally.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Epicurus
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 31, 2013
Guy, as you have posted ur pic here....do not come to Nigeria unless you got money.

You cant tell the christian azzhole that has seen your pic. Nigeria is full of religious bigots......

Other than that, nice to meet you. I respect young peeps who can reason out their beliefs and reject the brainwashing given to them.....stepping out of ignorance into knowledge

cheers bro! smiley

1 Like

Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by k2039: 10:17pm On May 31, 2013

2 Likes

Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 31, 2013
lol, there are 150 million+ people in Nigeria, i think i am going to be okay lol.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2013
My question is why is it that your common ancestor wit apes, have not yet been found?ie the mis.sing li.nk?

1 Like

Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 01, 2013
hisblud: My question is why is it that your common ancestor wit apes, have not yet been found?ie the mis.sing li.nk?

undecided
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:

undecided

lol.....i tire for the guy!
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2013
hisblud: My question is why is it that your common ancestor wit apes, have not yet been found?ie the mis.sing li.nk?

First of all not all of atheists acknowledge evolution as it is, i am not too keen on evolution, but there is overwhemling evidence that we evolved from a common ancestor, missing link i dont know much about evolution yet, and btw just because something is yet to be known is not a reason for a supernatural "God of the gaps", in the future it is possible that such information can be fully revealed and understood by humans.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by plendil: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2013

Oya OP answer na! cool
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2013
i just did
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:52am On Jun 01, 2013
OP why didn't you accept Ifa Orisha?

1 Like

Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Lol, i was never taught about my culture's dieties, because well they were looked at as evil lol, another example of christianity Robbing us of our heritage. Ifa ki ni ka se, Ifa ki ni ka so.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n:
Lol, i was never taught about my culture's dieties, because well they were looked at as evil lol, another example of christianity Robbing us of our heritage. Ifa ki ni ka se, Ifa ki ni ka so.

ok make sure you learnt about them when you got the time. I heard theres even an Iphone app on Ifa.

Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2013
yea, i actually admire Yoruba, especially the proverbs. Way better than the bible lol.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by plendil: 10:00am On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n:

First of all not all of atheists acknowledge evolution as it is, i am not too keen on evolution, but there is overwhemling evidence that we evolved from a common ancestor, missing link i dont know much about evolution yet, and btw just because something is yet to be known is not a reason for a supernatural "God of the gaps", in the future it is possible that such information can be fully revealed and understood by humans.

The irony of it. and you said you left Christianity because. . . undecided
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n: yea, i actually admire Yoruba, especially the proverbs. Way better than the bible lol.

good. Its you duty as Yoruba to learn about this stuffs, even if you chose to remain atheist.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n:

thanks, now which part of this groups, highlighted by logicboy, will you be classified in?
-Darwinist protestants (this sect doesnt agree with evolution)
-Dawkinsian fellowship (this sect is headed by daddy G.O. Richard Dawkins who found the golden tablets of evolution)
-Black evangelical atheist church of spaghetti (these are blacks whopreach anti-white Jesus doctrine)
-United church of the Spaghetti monster (these are the troll congregation who have some anti-xtian dogma)
-Church of scientism (these are mostly made up of physicist and non-biological scientists)
-Religious humanist fellowship (these are people who preach the doctrine of harmony for all religions, even atheism)
-Congregation of freethinkers (these are actually freemasons who just took a less "illuminati-like" name)
-Church of Atheistic satanists (these are satanists that just wantto feel among the intelligent atheists)
-Latter saints of LGBT (Also knownas GAYtheists)
-The church of secularism (these are the guys that deal with political atheism)
-The Roman Skeptic Church (This isthe oldest church of atheism; theycompiled the works of Plato, Epicurus and Neitzche)
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2013
No, i dont identify with any of those groups, Atheism is not a religion, and there is no need to be in a group, there is no dogmatic beliefs that atheists generally follow.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n: No, i dont identify with any of those groups, Atheism is not a religion, and there is no need to be in a group, there is no dogmatic beliefs that atheists generally follow.

Don't cast your pearls to the swine... wink
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2013
what?
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Do you have babalawo that can give me Ifa? Those old pa I met demand large for it.

And where do you think I can get more knowledge about Ifa. The only thing I have is the oral teaching from my dad and some friends.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Do you have babalawo that can give me Ifa? Those old pa I met demand large for it.

And where do you think I can get more knowledge about Ifa. The only thing I have is the oral teaching from my dad and some friends.

Yes. heres the contact info:

EMAIL-- olowoyooladimeji@yahoo.com
phone--- +234-- 08033315953

Address
9 SAMUEL STREET OGUDU SAND FILL OGUDU TOWN OGUDU LAGOS
Lagos, Nigeria 2341
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n: No, i dont identify with any of those groups, Atheism is not a religion, and there is no need to be in a group, there is no dogmatic beliefs that atheists generally follow.
ok so briefly state YOUR atheistic world view then!
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by whatofyou: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
If you do not believe in evolution just like few atheists, what do you then really believe in?
To topic, I have severally searched for the tribe in the world that was bereft of an idea or worship of god before they got 'enlightened'. We did not learn that one, it is innate. That is, Asia might have brought us God and Jesus or God and Mohammed, but every continent had their gods, including several superstitions.
The God the bible teaches is a God of love. From the account in Eden of Genesis God blessed man with freewill. This freewill was put to test when our first parents decided to heed satan's advice. It was replicated again by Isreal of old when they made Saul king, rejecting God's leadership. The "let Thy kingdom come" part of The Lord's prayer is simply telling us that man cannot do anything positively lasting without God's intervention. If God is now neutral in (some) of the happenings of the world, that does not mean He will be neutral forever. When the appointed time comes, He will intervene. Then, man will see no reason not to be loyal to His leadership. Ever since man got the leadership baton in his hands, to the day he will 'guil:tifully' return it to the owner, he has been falling from one peril to another.
Our brain is the greatest gift God gave to mankind. Just like other earthly gifts, some underuse, overuse, use it correctly, or use it wrongly, even to the extent of insulting the giver of the gift. It is a pity that not everyone (even me) may be saved. In our world the only thing constant is CHANGE: People have gone from being christians, muslims, pagans to being atheists, and vice-versa. Myself?, I do not belong to any church presently, I am a stay-at-home christian.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Emusan(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
fifa456n:

If I may ask, what is the best evidence for atheist to claim that there's no God?
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by cyrexx: 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emusan:

If I may ask, what is the best evidence for atheist to claim that there's no God?

Because there is no credible evidence to support the belief in God other than faith

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
ok so briefly state YOUR atheistic world view then!
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Prosper793: 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
I was anticipating an ingeniously sophisticated philosopher,who happens to be an atheist;only to come meeting our OP who hasnt become well grounded on the realities of life. He even went further to stand to answer questions on religion philosophy.

Op,your points are flimsy,no offence.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Emusan(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
cyrexx:
Because there is no credible evidence to support the belief in God other than faith

Did you mean both spiritual and physical?

Beside you didn't answer my question. "If there's no credible evidence other than faith" as your evidence, then that makes atheist to rest on faith too as there's no physical evidence to prove non-existence of God.
Re: I am an Atheist ask me any questions. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emusan:

Did you mean both spiritual and physical?

Beside you didn't answer my question. "If there's no credible evidence other than faith" as your evidence, then that makes atheist to rest on faith too as there's no physical evidence to prove non-existence of God.

What's faith?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. / 24 Secrets Of Divine Healing / Sonoflucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.