Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,868 members, 7,886,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:22 AM

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People (14462 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by olusola200: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
TRUTH IS BITTER BUT HAS A MAN OF GOD HE SHOULD ADVICE THEM ONE ON ONE
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
Pure hypocrisy!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by nenergy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
Martin Luther King once said,
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
So you can mis-quote him when he talks? Some people talk out experience,but some out of experience don't talk. #Wisdom
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
What about the time he anointed GEJ in front of his congregation, the best bet is for him not to recognize any politician at all. That's better!!

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by JoelFelix(m): 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
darealez:
If he did make any comment we'll be the first to critize him. Won't it be better if he kept silent and prayed in secrecy for the improvement of the nation??

I'm not realy sure if the noisy ones has really made any positive impact since inception :-(
my brother, i agreed with what you said. Is better for him to pray secretly for the nation.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by olapluto(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Just an analogy here:
When a terrorist strikes, Muslims and Imams are called to condemn the attacks. Fair enough!
But when Christians loot treasury and commit bad acts (Erastus Akingbola as a prime example), no one calls daddy G.O to condemn them.
We all know most of the corruption in Nigeria has religious backing one way or the other. This same daddy G.O that was with Ibori, Jonathan and other well known thieves refuses to condemn them so as not to 'influence people'

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by PHIPEX(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
I wonder what Nairalanders will say if tomorrow's headline reads " Adeboye condems APC" or Adeboye says "PDP is evil". Politics has no rule, it's more or less a game of personal opinions. I don't expect Adeboye to tell me which political party to vote for in the comming election. It's great to speak loud and clear but it's a greater wisdom to know when to keep silent. He leads a church with members that have diverse political ideologies.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by drstan(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Men...,.dis guy get point.....dieíììì
nuclearboy: Did Moses the Friend of God keep quiet in his day? Why was he so hated by the governments that enslaved people?

Did Elijah the Prophet keep quiet about issues in his day? If so, why was he hunted by the King?

Did John the Baptist keep quiet in the face of evil? Why was his head served on a plate like Akara?

Did Christ keep quiet about "white washed sepulchers" and the "rulers" he continually berated? Why did they haunt him onto the Cross?

We ALL know the truth - it is politically expedient to be quiet and pray for them and be upheld by men.

Friendship with the world is ENMITY with God! Even if everyone feels you are good, what should have been done cries out!!!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
I know you people must defend everything your daddy GO says. How can one keep quiet when bad things are been perpetrated by others. WHy does he preach in church and also pour out his personal opinion on church matters. Aren't people also being influenced? This is a lame excuse if you ask me.

If not for the noisy ones, we probably wouldn't have been existing as a country.
aw mani men of god ve spoken bout de societal ills
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by devour129: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, why does he preach at all. Shouldn't he allow people to make up their mind? This is a lame excuse for not calling out evil when he sees it. He owes that much to his congregation. I don't expect you guys to see reason anywys. Anything that concern your demi-god pastors makes you guys to reason backward. I never knew that a day will come when we'll be told that it's not advisable to speak on troubling National issues in order not to influence anyone. WTH.
it's so sad ! The church has really made many disillusioned . How can a sane man make such argument ,he should have kept his mouth shut instead of making that excuse. For the first time I will have to insult this man,shame on you,I bu Onye ori,man of God indeed

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by miqos02(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
ba7man: The lives he has positively affected with his words far outweighs any criticism he'll make against the Country's situation. He has made more impact on lives in this Country than the activists that protest everywhere.
do you know how many more are suffering from his silence on political matters. take for instance, his rccg is located on the lagos/ibadan express way, do you know the hardships his church members go through every time to come for monthly vigils?

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by chris365(m): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
Martin Luther King once said,
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.

see this one qupting what he doesn't understand.
When Bakare, okotie etc starting voicing their anger against the system to the public, what did you call them? Please allow the man to serve where he is called. For it is not his job to shout for change but our's.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by fkaz(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Don't mind them joor, they will pray for prosperity and talked about tithe collection not minding how you get your wealth

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by chris365(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ijogz K: What about the time he anointed GEJ in front of his congregation, the best bet is for him not to recognize any politician at all. That's better!!

Have you forgotten that Jesus dined with politicians and also prayed for them. adoboye never invited Jonathan but had to receive him. Una pastor no dey preach gospel for your church?

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by omiobo: 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
People jst wan rubbish the man's image. E no go work for una.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by fabregas04(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
i bliv as an elder statesman, he shld comment/criticise where necessary, am sure his idea wl be greatly welcomed by our political office holdier.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by cold(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
Adeboye cannot speak out against the ills plaguing the society because he is part of the problem and benefits from a corrupt & dysfunctional system.He is like a parasite feeding off from its host.Of course,he would prefer the rot continues in order to stay alive.Asking pastor Adeboye to speak out is like expecting a tick to advocate euthanasia for dogs.Such a campaign will never see the light of day

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by fkaz(m): 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
cerebral assain: aw mani men of god ve spoken bout de societal ills

They should keep speaking, if the likes of adeboye, oyedipo, TB and other men of God are speaking about bad governance the way catholic and anglican arch bishop have been speaking in this country, things would have change for good more than this.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by fabregas04(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, why does he preach at all. Shouldn't he allow people to make up their mind? This is a lame excuse for not calling out evil when he sees it. He owes that much to his congregation. I don't expect you guys to see reason anywys. Anything that concern your demi-god pastors makes you guys to reason backward. I never knew that a day will come when we'll be told that it's not advisable to speak on troubling National issues in order not to influence anyone. WTH.
thnk you my fellow. dis excuse is not tenable, he(G.O) shld commend/criticise when the need arise, as an elder stateman and widely respected man-of-God.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by adetsim(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has explained that he is careful in making public comments to avoid mistakes.

In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

He also said he was aware of the enormous responsibility on his shoulders as the leader of a global church with millions of members.

“At times it’s frightening. In Africa you have a saying, the man who is carrying a basket of eggs must walk gently … whatever mistakes you make, you affect destinies,” he said.

Adeboye stated that his transformation from a Mathematics lecturer at the University of Lagos to a pastor was a divine call, noting that he has a mandate to preach peace everywhere he goes.

“I’ve always said turning a mathematician into a pastor takes only God. In my work with God, I’ve learned that he has a sense of humour,” he stated.

The pastor, who has led the RCCG for three decades, arrived for a meeting at the Dan Jerusalem Hotel, surrounded by an entourage of eight loyal aides, who treated him with the awe normally reserved for heads of state, the paper said.

Speaking on the growing global influence of African preachers, he said the seeds sowed by missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa were producing fruit.

“When you reap, after a certain period you begin to sow. Today, in many parts of the Western world, people have gone rather cold toward the church. Fortunately, the seed sowed in Africa has germinated and the harvest is now coming back to them. So, they are merely reaping what they sowed.

THE PUNCH

Excellent , Baba may the Almighty keep increasing your divine wisdom. Amen!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Pataki: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
If he does not want to comment on national issues, that is his problem. The national problems affects every member of his church. Only a selfish minded Christian leader sees iniquity in the land and keeps quiet. Righteousness exalts a nation!!!!!

Nevertheless, he should stop welcoming all these thieves and political looters to his camp ground and giving them a platform to influence the people. I am not easily fooled.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by adetsim(m): 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2013
darealez:
If he did make any comment we'll be the first to critize him. Won't it be better if he kept silent and prayed in secrecy for the improvement of the nation??

I'm not realy sure if the noisy ones has really made any positive impact since inception :-(

darealez, The Lord Almighty shall give you allround successes. God Almighty shall bless you in a way that trascends all human
reasoning and imagination. How I wished his critics would repent and also think rightly like this. I have not understood how human beings can be satisfied. Eniyan soro, won ko si see te lorun.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by plaetton: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
Idiocy on the part of this "name it and claim it" prosperity fraudster.

It is very interesting the he acknowledges that fears of influencing people the wrong way.
In other words, he is fully aware that is incapable of influencing his teeming flocks zombies in any positive way.
This is perhaps the first honest words from this man in a very long time.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has explained that he is careful in making public comments to avoid mistakes.

In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

I dont know what bible our GO now reads but all the old testament prophets spoke against tyranny and bad leadership even unto the pain of death - Jeremiah, Elijah, Ezekiel etc. Even Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul and Peter did not shy away from this using lame excuses.

I may have bought this excuse if these same men werent the same ones we see every day "praying" in aso rock.

I.Joan:

Speaking on the growing global influence of African preachers, he said the seeds sowed by missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa were producing fruit.

Unfortunately they are now bearing bad fruit. We have more churches, more "christians" and yet we are poorer, more wicked and more corrupt than at any time in our history.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by AbuMikey(m): 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
I laugh at him!!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
chris365:

Have you forgotten that Jesus dined with politicians and also prayed for them. adoboye never invited Jonathan but had to receive him. Una pastor no dey preach gospel for your church?

he dined and prayed with Zaccheus BUT that encounter produced a completely changed man. Our pastors have no such effect on our theiving leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by cyril83(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
Religion *christianity or islam* is nothing but a big fraud.

I really thank Jah i don't belong to any of these open cults.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by abrat: 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by toolovely(m): 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
Am sure there were prophets in the bible who condemned their kings for doing evil and that didn't make them politicians. Some ☀f u supporting his view are the ones abusing gej everyday. He has a duty as a prophet/servant ☀f God when it comes nigeria. And if he's shying away from it, good for him. When they come during his convenntion and he prays for them, what message is he sending to his supporters? We xtians expect them, the GOs, bishops, Reverends etc condemn the evil going on in the land. But they chose to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by baby124: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
cold: Adeboye cannot speak out against the ills plaguing the society because he is part of the problem and benefits from a corrupt & dysfunctional system.He is like a parasite feeding off from its host.Of course,he would prefer the rot continues in order to stay alive.Asking pastor Adeboye to speak out is like expecting a tick to advocate euthanasia for dogs.Such a campaign will never see the light of day
(((Gbosa)))

Adeboye is the worst out of his pastors when it comes to worldly possesions or aiding and abbeting corrup politicians/ prosperity sheep. Redeemed is designed in such a way to show off and praise the "cheerful givers". Nothing is said about the "sources" of such wealth. If you can't "give" or "pledge" every other sunday, omo you feel like a failure.
Pataki: If he does not want to comment on national issues, that is his problem. The national problems affects every member of his church. Only a selfish minded Christian leader sees iniquity in the land and keeps quiet. Righteousness exalts a nation!!!!!

Nevertheless, he should stop welcoming all these thieves and political looters to his camp ground and giving them a platform to influence the people. I am not easily fooled.

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by eliadex: 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
the young man quoting Moses, Elijah, John,Jesus etc, didnt understand the bible story atall.
Moses was sent to DELIVER the Israelites from Pharaoh, so he must talk against Pharaoh as God says. he never appear before Pharaoh with a message from God.
Elijah was sent to the Israelites and King Ahab because of their sins. he was to bring Judgement on them. even at that.time, God will sometimes send anither person, then SENS ELIJAH AT INTERVAL. he displayed God's power when he struggled against Baal's priest.
John met his untimely death when he left preaching water baptism and begin to preach politics, going against the moral of Herod. he thought Jesus would rescue him that was why he sent his disciples to him. Jesus avoided the topic.
Jesus was tempted with politics when they asked him about ceasae. he told them in order words that Politics and Gospel is different.Render unto caesae what us caesae and God what is God.
Jesus spoke against religious leaders, Pharisees, Saducees and Levites(Lawyers), he had nothing to do with the political leaders. they were under the roman goverment that tym.
the apostles had nothing to do with Politics.
they asked Jesus in Acts 1:when will u return the GOVERNMENT TO ISRAEL. he said none of his business. leave that.to God. but you will receive power when the HolyGhost shall come upon you and you will testify of HIM.
SO Pastor Adeboye is just following the examples of Jesus. period.
anything otherwise, is just your own perspective. goodbye.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Calls For Peace In Rivers State / Ambode Raises Police Death Insurance To N10m, Donates 45 Power Bikes / EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.