Stats: 3,168,837 members, 7,872,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 (110017 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by lildray(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
brosdoncome:

How many Confederation Cups wan begin...abi ur papa wan donate the other cup? cheesy grin which kin specy of animal be dis
sobaemma: Nigeria na nash,so if no be emenike and victor moses,the big name africa champions label on us na thrash,mtchewwww is a pity,namibia 1-1 sweat to equalize,hmmm,4 spain,uruguary,tahiti i go carry book and pencil day count goalsssssss,is a pity,4 me egypt or ivory coast would ve been a better label to represent africa,lets be honest
brosdoncome:

How many Confederation Cups wan begin...abi ur papa wan donate the other cup? cheesy grin
sobaemma: Nigeria na nash,so if no be emenike and victor moses,the big name africa champions label on us na thrash,mtchewwww is a pity,namibia 1-1 sweat to equalize,hmmm,4 spain,uruguary,tahiti i go carry book and pencil day count goalsssssss,is a pity,4 me egypt or ivory coast would ve been a better label to represent africa,lets be honest
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Samchelsea(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

That was a freindly. I'm talking about competitive games i.e World cup/Nations cup qualifiers, AFCON 2000.
ok but seriously I don't see the reason why friendly matches should be omitted cos Nigeria beat both France and Argentina and those wia friendlies and we all lay claim to the fact that we beat them and not considering they wia friendly matches but wen we loose at home we say after all its a friendly and our 32yrs unbeaten run is still intact....#confusing
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

I know Africa is definitely more competitive than Oceania, or even CONCACAF. The CAF zone is just 3rd best behind Europe and South America. Therefore, Nigeria's record is a valid one.

Oceania - yes, but CONCACAF is debatable, though.

Anyway, you can't call it a valid record when most of teams you've played aren't even on the top 50 rankings by FIFA. Also, African countries just started moving up the FIFA rankings in the last 20 years, or something. So the record is just as mediocre and lackluster as today's game. grin
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
the team doesnt have a FACE like it used to.. we had Okocha once, Kanu was the last Face it had.. i miss those days.
the team is filled with average and moderate players now.. (Not Bad thou!)

I miss the days when we have just ONE player that can make the difference.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Jide76: 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
I think many Nigerians were not sure Emenike was going to do well at the nations cup. The strikers in the team are okay, just give them sometime to play together. Question: before the nations cup how many goals did Emenike score for Nigeria
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx:

Oceania - yes, but CONCACAF is debatable, though.

Anyway, you can't call it a valid record when most of teams you've played aren't even on the top 50 rankings by FIFA. Also, African countries just started moving up the FIFA rankings in the last 20 years, or something. So the record is just as mediocre and lackluster as today's game. grin

well if it is a 32 year(s) record and according to you Africa has been doing well for the past 20 years. it sounds pretty good to me!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
Anyway, to all the UK heads on the thread; British EuroSport will be showing the Confederation's Cup games live.

Enjoy!!!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Garri_Activist: wat r u sayin dude? Trash?

Get rid of the chaffs and rubbish embedded in your sack of garri grey matter, you understand better.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by elampiro(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
These late goals are causing nervousness. In the last match with Malawi, Nigeria should attack them and go for early goals. Keeping it late means the opponent will begin to have a belief they can do something with some threats.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
seekier: Honestly speakimg from the begining i knew this match is going to be a draw viewing the circumstances surounding the resignation of malawi coach and the super eagles boasting here and there without knowing that God liveth.
Remember when AVB left chelsea nd Di moti take over, chelsea became stronger more than when Vila Boss was around to xtent they won the chanpion league.. I see malawi qualifying for Brazil
. I see Nigeria qualifying instead. Malawi wil lose that last match to Nigeria.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by RedLight1: 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx:

Keep living in your own delusions and acting like a clown with pinocchio nose. Why can't you put your money where your mouth is and post the list of teams you played against?

Your probably think the Guinness book of record is for mediocre achievements or lack thereof, no?

Perhaps, Australia should also be included in there for never losing a game both home and away against any team in Oceania since 1900. grin grin grin grin
stop talking rubbish my friend; am definitely ready to put my money where my mouth is... do you the the number of qualifiers super eagles have played since 1981 compared with any team in Africa? (including friendlies) what about the tournaments hosted by Nigeria? you can not compare Nigeria to any team in europe, simple. the nation cup is 2 years thing, with qualifier every year unlike euro cup that is four years thing. world cup qualifier is also there.

if you want to discredit Nigeria like you always do, trust me, NOT THIS TIME ... just shut up aii?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by RedLight1: 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

I know Africa is definitely more competitive than Oceania, or even CONCACAF. The CAF zone is just 3rd best behind Europe and South America. Therefore, Nigeria's record is a valid one.
you dey mind that clown angry
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by smoothcrim2014: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lets be honest. This Nigerian team was lucky to win the cup. Ivory Coast would never draw this game.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx:

Competitive matches against Kenya, Namibia, Lesotho, Malawi et al, no?

You're a clown!!

I doubt England will lose to any of those teams in the next 4000 years, to be honest.
You have no idea of the world's contemporary football. No more minows as in the days of old. Every team deserves respect. The fact is it is not imposible that Kenya beats England at home. C'mon minow almost disgraced Spain at home some time ago. So, stop talking theories and come to real life.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx:

Competitive matches against Kenya, Namibia, Lesotho, Malawi et al, no?

You're a clown!!

I doubt England will lose to any of those teams in the next 4000 years, to be honest.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Rossikk(m): 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx:

Keep living in your own delusions and acting like a clown with pinocchio nose. Why can't you put your money where your mouth is and post the list of teams you played against?

Your probably think the Guinness book of record is for mediocre achievements or lack thereof, no?

Perhaps, Australia should also be included in there for never losing a game both home and away against any team in Oceania since 1900. grin grin grin grin

So you rate Africa the same as Oceania in football?

Well, we always you knew you were a dunce.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Samchelsea: ok but seriously I don't see the reason why friendly matches should be omitted cos Nigeria beat both France and Argentina and those wia friendlies and we all lay claim to the fact that we beat them and not considering they wia friendly matches but wen we loose at home we say after all its a friendly and our 32yrs unbeaten run is still intact....#confusing

Only home world cup/Nations cup qualifiers, and the 2000 Nations Cup matches are considered in that statistic. It's good that Nigeria defeated both France and Argentina in friendlies, but once again, I'm talking strictly about competitive matches.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by smoothcrim2014: 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Armenia beat Denmark 4-0.... Italy Drew Haiti yesterday in a meaningless friendly. Nigeria should really be winning these games though. Right now I don't think any team will fear Nigeria in the way people fear Spain in Europe. I actually think Nigeria would still play the underdog role to Ivory Coast and Ghana due to the team not being a dominant champion. Failing to beat Kenya at home and struggling against Namibia whose coach quit this week is embarrassing!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Red-Light:
stop talking rubbish my friend; am definitely ready to put my money where my mouth is... do you the the number of qualifiers super eagles has played since 1981 compared with any team in Africa? (including friendlies) what about the tournaments hosted by Nigeria? you can not compare Nigeria to any team in europe, simple. the nation cup is 2 years thing, with qualifier every year unlike euro cup that is four years thing. world cup qualifier is also there.

if you want to discredit Nigeria like you always do, trust me, NOT THIS TIME ... just shut up aii?

The more you post, the more you continue to prove that you're pinocchio's illegitimate son a la clown. I told you to put your money where your mouth is and post proofs, so that I can dissect it and show you how mediocre what you're touting is. And when did being objective became discrediting Nigeria?

If we're to talk about footballing pedigree in Africa - Nigeria isn't even part of the elite three(Egypt, Ghana, and Cameroon). We're in the 2nd grade, with the likes of Senegal, Ivory Coast, Algeria et al.

Yeah, we had the golden era of the 90s that peaked in 2000 and that's about it. Stop making noise everywhere, brother. The so-called "record" is mediocre! grin
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Armenia beat Denmark 4-0.... Italy Drew Haiti yesterday.

The bolded game was simply unbelievable shocked shocked. Bear in mind that Denmark are ranked 70 places higher than Armenia. For Denmark to lose so scandalously at home was just incredible.
Haiti narrowly lost 1-2 to Spain last week. So holding Italy isn't much of a surprise.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by 1025: 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Crassus: the team doesnt have a FACE like it used to.. we had Okocha once, Kanu was the last Face it had.. i miss those days.
the team is filled with average and moderate players now.. (Not Bad thou!)

I miss the days when we have just ONE player that can make the difference.

uncle, football is a team game and not individual game. look at those days when we had okocha the entertainer, whenever we loose, we use to comfort ourselves with the fact that we played well. the eagles of today has a trophy mentality (maybe because of the chelsea machines).
u know some teams can entertain while some can win trophies. kanu did not score a nations cup goal in all his plays. okocha did not win the nations cup but here we are, nation cup's winner even without the help of the govt unlike those days when our president(aba...) used to supply the national team everything they needed to be great.
in every game this current eagles play now, they play against our wicked govt as well as the opponents. too bad that nigerians can't even watch ball because of these dirty sets of pdp criminal gangs.
their mama
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by azubaby(f): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Heartattack is when we ve a repeat of d Kenya match in calabar against Malawi i.e Malawi scoring first and by 80th min we still hav not equalisd.

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Exactly! Our defense and midfield were largely good, the forward line had an off-day today. Let's hope the team plays better on Monday against Tahiti.
what is the kick off time for the tahiti match?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Adamskuty: what is the kick off time for the tahiti match?

It kicks-off at 8pm Nigerian time.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Rossikk:

So you rate Africa the same as Oceania in football?

Well, we always you knew you were a dunce.

Your comprehension skills has always been questionable and you just proved that you lack it.

How's citing a similar example to buttress my point the same as comparing?

My point is: if FIFA or Guinness Book of Records hasn't deemed it right to acknowledge Australia's lack of achievement; why should Nigeria be different? Africa isn't and has never been a football powerhouse and that's the honest truth!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by smoothcrim2014: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

The bolded game was simply unbelievable shocked shocked. Bear in mind that Denmark are ranked 70 places higher than Armenia. For Denmark to lose so scandalously at home was just incredible.
Haiti narrowly lost 1-2 to Spain last week. So holding Italy isn't much of a surprise.

The same Denmark who delivered Nigeria its most painful world cup loss 15 years ago by a score of 4-1...
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
@ 1025: Okocha has actually won a Nations Cup winners medal. He was part of the 1994 team in Tunisia.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

The same Denmark who delivered Nigeria its most painful world cup loss 15 years ago by a score of 4-1...

I tell you, times have indeed changed.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Nigeria will do a "Namibia" on them grin grin grin

Ha ha exactly!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
CFCfan:

It kicks-off at 8pm Nigerian time.
ok,thanks!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
shymexx: Anyway, to all the UK heads on the thread; British EuroSport will be showing the Confederation's Cup games live.

Enjoy!!!

Hey mate, what about ITV4?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Diasporan(m): 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
1025:

uncle, football is a team game and not individual game. look at those days when we had okocha the entertainer, whenever we loose, we use to comfort ourselves with the fact that we played well. the eagles of today has a trophy mentality (maybe because of the chelsea machines).
u know some teams can entertain while some can win trophies. kanu did not score a nations cup goal in all his plays. okocha did not win the nations cup but here we are, nation cup's winner even without the help of the govt unlike those days when our president(aba...) used to supply the national team everything they needed to be great.
in every game this current eagles play now, they play against our wicked govt as well as the opponents. too bad that nigerians can't even watch ball because of these dirty sets of pdp criminal gangs.
their mama
Lol@ the bolded.What happened to Tunisia 94?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (43) (Reply)

Photos : Meet Ahmed Musa's Wife , Son And Mum / More Than 1,000 UNIPORT Students Watching Nigeria Vs Iceland Match / Cristiano Ronaldo Chooses Acting As Retirement Plans

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57