Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:47 AM

China Blocks Mastercard But Nigeria Hands Over National ID Scheme To Mastercard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China Blocks Mastercard But Nigeria Hands Over National ID Scheme To Mastercard (683 Views)

My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA / Govt Of Nigeria Hands Over Phcn (power Sector) Many Owners / Register For Nimc National Id Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

China Blocks Mastercard But Nigeria Hands Over National ID Scheme To Mastercard by SB2020: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Recently read about China limiting the operations of MasterCard and Visa but Nigeria is handing over her National Identity scheme to MasterCard. This definitely is not in national interest...Nigeria is not smarter than China.
I hope our leaders are aware of the implications of their actions.

China has blocked MasterCard from processing credit card transactions in renminbi, raising concerns about Beijing’s willingness to fully open up the sector after the World Trade Organisation found that it unfairly restricted foreign card companies.

According to a document obtained by the Financial Times, the Chinese central bank ordered last month that EPayLinks, an online payment platform, stop issuing renminbi-settled credit cards in partnership with MasterCard.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/ce3973f4-cb6c-11e2-8ff3-00144feab7de.html#axzz2V5T4zNNI

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/mastercard-to-power-nigeria-s-identity-card-programme/147159/

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy And Sell Crude Oil. / What Else Can I Do? / Business Investment Partners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.