Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,839 members, 7,906,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:24 AM

Please Help With Oral Thrush - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help With Oral Thrush (946 Views)

Risks Associated With MouthAction / Male Penile Thrush: Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention!! / Cure For Oral Thrush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With Oral Thrush by gentle12: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Doctors in the house, please my Brother has been battling with whitish patches on his tongue for almost 15years now without any success, he had used Nystatin but with a very minimal relieve. So he is now in a confused state as to what to do. Please advise.Also,their is someone very close to me whom we have just noticed that the black spot on the eyeball of 1 eye was gradually turning white right from age 1,but we didn’t take it serious then because it was only in the dark you could notice it then and very slightly too, but recently, as she approaches age 3 now, the spot is now getting wider and more conspicuous even in the day and we also discovered that she cannot see properly with the affected eye (right eye)and we are getting worried. Please what can we do?
Thanks
Re: Please Help With Oral Thrush by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 04, 2013
Why don't you go to the doctor, the thing on your brother's mouth might not be thrush afterall. As for the baby, it appears she had congenital cataract, she needs urgent medical attention as well so her sight can be corrected. I have encountered a number of cases like that at the clinic and it is treatable. Leaving it for longer might lead to amblyopia, that is the brain will stop communicating with the eye.
Re: Please Help With Oral Thrush by gentle12: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2013
honey86: Why don't you go to the doctor, the thing on your brother's mouth might not be thrush afterall. As for the baby, it appears she had congenital cataract, she needs urgent medical attention as well so her sight can be corrected. I have encountered a number of cases like that at the clinic and it is treatable. Leaving it for longer might lead to amblyopia, that is the brain will stop communicating with the eye.

Thank You very much for this educative information,we shall commence hospital action on her immediately,in fact she is my 1st child and very dear to me.Once again,thank you and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

I Need My Teeth To Be White Again! / Ebola-hit Sierra Leone Declares State Of Emergency / Johesu Gives Fg 2weeks Ultimatum For National Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.