Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,351 members, 7,940,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. (15057 Views)

Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? / Car Dealers In Abuja / Used Car Dealers Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by ayandavid: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Toks,
Pls I will like a 2006 RAV4 full option American Spec brought in for me from the USA, let me know the price implication and the duration asap
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by ayandavid: 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Toks
Pls I will like a 2006 Toyota RAV4 full option American Spec. brought in from the US by ur coy, let me know the cost implication and the duration
Thanx
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by cold(m): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2009
Pls cld u let me know what an Audi A6 V6 spec wld cost me.Thnx
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Fhemmmy: 1:07am On Oct 07, 2009
cold:

Pls cld u let me know what an Audi A6 V6 spec wld cost me.Thnx

i am sure the price will differ from year to year, so give the dude the year and something to work with.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Fhemmmy: 1:10am On Oct 07, 2009
Tommry:

Due to your advice above, can you pls give me a guideline on any tokubo minivan or car that I can buy with 600,000 or should I go for something cheaper ?

You could post it here or email your reply to me at tomoriodemuyiwa@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the advice above.

with 600k, u surely might end up with a lemon for a non-nigeria used.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Tommry: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am sure the price will differ from year to year, so give the dude the year and something to work with.

Do you mean I could end up with a lemon if I want to buy a minivan or another car with for 600,000 ?

Can I have another car like Mitsubishi space wagon for something less 600,000 ?

Regards
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Joy2Dwise1: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2009
Toks2008:

Hi Guys,

Hello mr Femi, sorryo when you called me and said i should check my message, i thought you meant my mobile phone,never knew you wre referring to this thread. Anyway we will see as discussed on phone.

And as per your message Fadar, i really feel you 100% concerning bringing in your car through Benin at all cost because cars are very cheap there compared to Nigeria especially the ones above age limit but unfortunately i won't be able to help you on this due to our policy.

Anyway, i have a little piece of Advice for intending car buyers.

1. Cars are necessities and not luxuries. Therefore buy an affordable car as long as it is presentable and in a very good shape. Forget very expensive cars and use your money for more productive things.

2. Never buy a car without finding out the maintainance cost.

3. VIN(Vehicle identification number) or no VIN, to know car history is not a guarantee that you will enjoy a particular car. Make a thorough examination.

4. If you ever decide to buy Nigerian used cars, please be careful because 9 out of every 10 Nigerian used cars have a hidden problem.

5. This might sound stupid but please if you have a choice to choose between auto and manual transmission,dive for the manual. Cheap to maintain.

6. If you must buy expensive cars, go for the Nigerian used ones that are not more than a year in Nigeria because in most cases the owners are probaly broke after spending so much to aquire it.

7. Until our Nigerian auto dealers soft pedal,stop waisting your Hard earned money buying cars of eight years or less from dealers in Nigeria due to their exploitative atitude. Order them directly from United Stes.

8. Alternatively go to Benin Rep. and buy your car, do your duty and drive your car home jeje, no fear of this or that. You can save thousands of naira and give to charity rather than dashing it out to our dealers here. Immagine what you can do with N100,000 savings on toyota camry 2001 model that is sold here at N1.4m or N1.5m while you will get same from Benin rep. at about N1.3m(duty fee included).

9. If you have your way, look for good car sales outlet in lagos where you can find cheap cars above 8 years and buy jeje and don't wait until you have millions to shower on the so called state of the art cars.
10. If you love variety, then never use a car for more than a year or at most two before selling it. Just add a little money to buy another one.

Thanks

Tokunbo

Good Advice.

I bought a Nija used CarinaE Wagon 6 months ago at 550k, Manual Transmission. Odo was 170k at sales but I've done extra 6k+ on this terrible Eko road and I've not even visited the mechanic except once to change oil Engine is very simple and not complicated; I personally bought recommended oil, and oil filter and did the oil change myself when it was due the second time. AC is ice cold and chills better than my former babyboy.

I wonder why people will spend hard earned money to buy tokunbo at ridiculous prices when there are many options available for us here in Nija.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Tommry: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2009
Thanks All,

What I want is a seven seater car, but the car as to be rouged because my house road is terrible, and my budget was N600,000.

Pls advice.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Joy2Dwise1: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2009
With 650k, I will advice you to go for 96-98 Honda Odyssey. It's a 4 cylinder 7 seater with a good fuel economy. If you raise your budget further to 850k, you can get a Toyota Picnic. These two cars are extermely rugged has good seating capacity and good gas mileage.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Tommry: 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2009
Joy2Dwise!:

With 650k, I will advice you to go for 96-98 Honda Odyssey. It's a 4 cylinder 7 seater with a good fuel economy. If you raise your budget further to 850k, you can get a Toyota Picnic. These two cars are extermely rugged has good seating capacity and good gas mileage.

Will they be tokunbo or nigeria use ?
If they a tokunbo, will they come with original custom paper (not fake) ?
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by speakthetruth: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Toks2008: Hi,

Thanks for your response but i guess you are kind of ignorant of the whole process.

Retret in Benin Republic is not a road side car sales outlet. This is a government approved location where cars that are imported directly into Benin are sold. All cars that are sold there are well monitored by the approved agencies before they are allowed to go in.

I would urge you to pay a visit to this location and you will undestand what i am talking about.

By the way you cannot do duty for a stolen car that have been previously bought in Nigeria so my friend relax, take advantage of this option and save yourself thousands of naira.

Toks

Noted
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by iykerichie: 12:06am On Jan 13, 2019
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by joeoagroworldnig(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
Please who get Golf 3 for sale ( urgent)
Budget not more than 450k
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by joeoagroworldnig(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
Please who get Golf 3 for sale ( urgent)
Budget not more than 450k
Call me: 07081532898

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Clean Nissan Altima 2006 With Navi V6 N870k / 08 HIGHLANDER SPORT 6.1M LAST!!! / 2015 Model Toyota Camry Le Toks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.