Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,303 members, 7,881,123 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:01 PM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136431 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by mrdrizzy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hey! Hey! Hey!. Everybody sshh..stop d noise! Conclusion..samsung s3 beat tecno phantom..end of story thread closed

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bawss1:

Yeah one may get tired of those features but one will not as a result desire a Tecno (which doesn't have them to begin with)
Yeah i totally agree u're right my oga i no dispute ur idea at all. i'm not pitching a tecno against any samsung, d distance is far i know. i'm jst saying wen it comes to buying decent spec phone on budget, which is actually what about 90% phone users nid for deir daily use.....except one is an extensive freaky advance user like u n maybe me sha. I belive tecno will fill dat space, wit time....i'm just saying o my oga.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Idealjosh: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2013
Anyi.:
FINAL VERDICT- TO BOTH CAMPS
After listening to everybody rambling here, the S III is better than the tecno. However if samsung were to make a phone with tecno specs it's price would be twice the tecno. This infers that in terms of value-for-money the tecno is superior to samsung.
Drop your sentiments and accept this fact
Currently, the s3 isn't up to twice the price Ov the F7. So UR point is already invalid. Tecno supporters are just sad. And that's the FACT
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Idealjosh: 12:19am On Jun 08, 2013
fineemina: xxyz17

my dear friend (xxyz17) let me tell you another little secret do u know that n7 was made by htc for tecno.

if u do not believe me people in the house download mobilego for you android to pc sync and backup and tell me what is the device name that appear my n7 says htc tecno n7 gbam so what are we talking about htc one is good wonderful but this f7 is what crap abeg.

confirm things before u begin to flaw them aiight.

my tecno people in the house one love we have come to stay and we would conquer Nigeria either Samsung fans like it or now I give them 365 days from today and we will see where the competition is.

pls note. htc did not make older tecno phones. i think it began with n7 so enjoy ur htc tecno n7 and above say loud say it proud I love my tecno android device and if samsungs fans don't like it or us in about one years time they would be begging to join our world.
Last time I checked, HTC is a Taiwan phone and Taiwan is in what country?? CHINA. So no point still
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by elbryant(m): 5:01am On Jun 08, 2013
y una wan kill urself....tecno or no tecno
y can't u just sit down and find some to do rather than wasting time and virtue...
anyway those set of floks building these set of phones are younger than u guyz....those china and korea boys are in their teens..
most of u here can father some of these guyz..u BetA USE FONE AND ENJOY IT and think of what u can do ...
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:48am On Jun 08, 2013
el_bryant: [s] y una wan kill urself....tecno or no tecno
y can't u just sit down and find some to do rather than wasting time and virtue...
anyway those set of floks building these set of phones are younger than u guyz....those china and korea boys are in their teens..
most of u here can father some of these guyz..u BetA USE FONE AND ENJOY IT and think of what u can do ... [/s]

Will you STFU already!!!
Do you think everybody is as sad as you are?
What makes you think we are jobless like you?
Is it a crime for people to debate on what they believe in?
Of course, your lazy mind won't allow you see the tones of knowledge passed on this thread

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2013
el_bryant: y una wan kill urself....tecno or no tecno
most of u here can father some of these guyz..u BetA USE FONE AND ENJOY IT and think of what u can do ...
@el_bryant, but u even wasted more of ur time making pointless comments on what dosnt concern u here, thats y its a forum u hear?, besides, everyone dont have to be as busy as u claim to b, try n build a fone or someting close wif ur time first before u criticise others ok!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Anyi3(m): 9:30am On Jun 08, 2013
Ideal_josh:
Currently, the s3 isn't up to twice the price Ov the F7. So UR point is already invalid. Tecno supporters are just sad. And that's the FACT
see this dude are you talking of your London Used S III, I meant brand new. And if it ain't multipled by 2 of tecno it'd prob be by 1.8
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2013
xxyz17:

Will you STFU already!!!
Do you think everybody is as sad as you are?
What makes you think we are jobless like you?
Is it a crime for people to debate on what they believe in?
Of course, your lazy mind won't allow you see the tones of knowledge passed on this thread
Dont mind him jare, his off point comments shows he's even more jobless than everyone on this thread, wasting his so called precious time to contribute nons**se....i think he wasnt told what a forum is all about before signing up.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Lawalmd(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2013
bottom lne s3 and fantom are not on the same level tecno users should just enjoy their phones as it is and stop all this comparison im a tecno user as well but truth be told its no match for samsung but i enjoy it as long as iit gets my basic needs done

4 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 11:53am On Jun 08, 2013
Niyiframes: Dont mind him jare, his off point comments shows he's even more jobless than everyone on this thread, wasting his so called precious time to contribute nons**se....i think he wasnt told what a forum is all about before signing up.

Thank you jarre
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by jr101(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
For a society like ours, quality and affordable phones like tecno should be the trend , i will go for tecno , beacuse it will give me almost the same features a samsung will, afterall they are both running on android os, the problem with Nigerians is that we buy all these expensivet phones for effizy and show offs, most people dont need them, they go broke broke trying to look rich. I sold my blackberry curve 4 to buy tecno n7 and believe me, tecno has been a wonderful experience, sometimes i regret ever using a blackberry. My advice is this: if you have spare money to throw around, buy samsung, but if you are the type that spends wisely, Tecno is d bomb. Cant wait to get my tecno phantom *winks
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Codedeben: 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
[s][/s]
fineemina: *Hyper glaze t

***wireless charging
when chinko phones came out it

**wireless charging
when chinko phones came out it was incorporated into a lot of them but the f7 does not have instead it has a battery bank which will suffice but the wireless charging does not actually fill up the phone it just helps the battery last longer because of the hunger within the tommy of the phone ask anyone who own a wireless charging phone that has it every filled up the phone the answer is no. one more thing when u spread ur phone out in the sun it will also be as hot as an electric iron so.

Bros, are you mixing something up or its just my eyes playing trick on me. Why would you have to spread out your phone in the sun to achieve wireless charging? Dude, Samsung wirelesss charging is an inductive charging and not solar (even if it's solar, must one expose the gadget to sun? ). Other chinco phone might have come with a solar panel for charging but not the same technology as employed in other high end smartphones.

Truly, many of these feature in those highly priced smartphones are not that useful but it doesn't render them useless. I remember how USB -on-the-go on my nokia c7 once helped me to get a file from my friend's flash, this happened to be a file I had been scouting for online but with several failed downloads. You see, some of these features do come in handy sometimes, hardly though.

That a mobile phone displayed another brand name on some applications or websites does not necessarily mean it was assembled by dash for dash. I once owned a sony ericsson and I remember there was this site I visited and it was recognised as Samsung. Likewise, a tecno t3 that I wanted to use to download an application online but had its name recognised as HTC on the website. Same thing happened to one LG phone like that.

Tecno F7 is a very nice smartphone with an awesome spec and a friendly price. However, comparing it with any high end smartphone like galaxy series is sheer mediocricy and suicidal. They both of course serve almost the same primary purpose and meet the daily required need of the users yet we can't still place them head to head for comparison.
You can start clearing your doubt by using both galaxy grand and tecno phantom A1 to take some snapshots in the night. Compare the pictures ( I have done that and can boldly tell you tecno has a poor picture quality esp for snapshots taken in low light) . The difference you'll notice is due to samsung's expertise in mobile phone and gadgets manufacturing. Experience they say is the master.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
[size=28pt]Since you guys despite phones made in China, what has your country got to offer the people republic of China?? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
daddyiel: my jail broken(Cydia) Iphone5 rocks best!!!!!.....whats with dis Android noise grin shocked

Who is talking about [size=38pt]iPRISON[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
caukerzee: Samsung galaxy s3 is way better than techno phantom for the ff reasons:

In recent times Samsung galaxy s3 has been a benchmark device for other smartphones whereas the techno phantom has not achieved that feat.

Samsung are the king of inovation and do not depend on the andriod Os for its smart features on the other hand, techno solely depends on the android OS.

The s3 has the ability for upgrade for the next two new OSs realeased after the one the device came with whereas, the phantom is stuck on the Ice cream sandwich.

Samsumg galaxy S3 murders the techo when it comes to specs comparism in EVERY single area. From battery life to ROM to ppi density...etc

Samsung galaxy S3 has a gorilla glass(unscrachable) while the phantom doesnt.

Samsung is a better brand name anywhere anytime. For techno, chinko will always be chinko.

You don't have to lie, just to make a point
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
au.hanson:

Hello Acidosis, i seems to like your post, it looks real, let me ask you an honest question. Pls give me an honest answer, i use htc built on android platform, what is battery life of the techno like(i mean n3 n7 and the phantom in comparison to samsung or nokia product) that's my only concern..i dnt want to be fooled like i was fool into black berry useless battery lifespan, so annoying!! Thanks in much awaited anticipation

I use N3 the battery life is good for me, am a blogger and am always online 247 on 3g
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
xxyz17:
Jeez!
Even the SII beats F7 hands down in terms of hardware and software rendering. How can I buy a phone that won't get an update? So if a bug is discovered in the OS that came with the F7 and a patch is released I won't be able to update? There's no basis for comparism here.

So s3 will get Key Lime pie??
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
Ojix85: Techno of 1.0ghz processor in 2013 ...specs of 2010. I can't even play asphalt 7 on this Ish...

LIAR, you don't even have the phone so how can you play the game??

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by physise(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
ibietela2:

LIAR, you don't even have the phone so how can you play the game??
i wonder o keep on wasting money just 4 fancy
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
ethicalUser: Which phone has Nigeria produced? Shame to y'all running Techno down when your country cant even manufacture a calculator..nonsense. Techno is a product of a country's working so hard to improve the quality of its products in the face of the global market.

I have been asking this question for a long time now and I got no response
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
Laalamed: China is known for fake and substandard products. Korea is home of Lg and samsung. Is there any good electronics from china?

So which good electronics is from your country??

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by omochefran(m): 10:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
pls pass this message to techno people when r we expecting thier tablet devices i am still waiting. I love techno brand we call it brand loyalty it has nothing to do with price cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
ibietela2:

You don't have to lie, just to make a point
and whats the lie?
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 12:08am On Jun 09, 2013
ibietela2:

So s3 will get Key Lime pie??
yes
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tunsmart: 12:12am On Jun 09, 2013
xxyz17:
I understand what you are saying. What is the crux of this thread is the uninformed attempt by some people to lump the F7 and the SIII in the same category, claiming that the F7 will do whatever the SIII can do and that the SIII is simply overpriced.
There's no doubting that Tecno can manufacture a phone that is at par with the SIII in terms of functionality and durability, but that will take years plus heavy investment on R & D and not just by copying cheap technology.
well basically,Samsung actually heavily copied iPhone,they stole their technology too,hence the heavy damages they paid,which apple is still asking for more,but personally,its overzealousness to compare the f7 which I use now(trust me,its madass phone,you only have to use it,to appreciate it) with the s3..it should be compared to the phones in its league
for example,the newly released Samsung galaxy grand duos,which it beats hands down..but definitely not the s3...but in terms of aesthetics, the f7 is a joy to behold.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tunsmart: 12:20am On Jun 09, 2013
Codedeben: [s][/s]

Bros, are you mixing something up or its just my eyes playing trick on me. Why would you have to spread out your phone in the sun to achieve wireless charging? Dude, Samsung wirelesss charging is an inductive charging and not solar (even if it's solar, must one expose the gadget to sun? ). Other chinco phone might have come with a solar panel for charging but not the same technology as employed in other high end smartphones.

Truly, many of these feature in those highly priced smartphones are not that useful but it doesn't render them useless. I remember how USB -on-the-go on my nokia c7 once helped me to get a file from my friend's flash, this happened to be a file I had been scouting for online but with several failed downloads. You see, some of these features do come in handy sometimes, hardly though.

That a mobile phone displayed another brand name on some applications or websites does not necessarily mean it was assembled by dash for dash. I once owned a sony ericsson and I remember there was this site I visited and it was recognised as Samsung. Likewise, a tecno t3 that I wanted to use to download an application online but had its name recognised as HTC on the website. Same thing happened to one LG phone like that.

Tecno F7 is a very nice smartphone with an awesome spec and a friendly price. However, comparing it with any high end smartphone like galaxy series is sheer mediocricy and suicidal. They both of course serve almost the same primary purpose and meet the daily required need of the users yet we can't still place them head to head for comparison.
You can start clearing your doubt by using both galaxy grand and tecno phantom A1 to take some snapshots in the night. Compare the pictures ( I have done that and can boldly tell you tecno has a poor picture quality esp for snapshots taken in low light) . The difference you'll notice is due to samsung's expertise in mobile phone and gadgets manufacturing. Experience they say is the master.
no one in their right sense should compare f7 with s3,that is.over hyping,the same way you shouldn't compare the f7 with the galaxy grand duos..f7 wins it hands down.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 12:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Codedeben: [s][/s]

well said.

On the name thing. Utorrent recognizes GN2 as a galaxy tab.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by tunsmart: 12:41am On Jun 09, 2013
caukerzee: and whats the lie?
you lied through you teeth when you said the phantom is stuck on ice cream sandwich,its not even running ICS its running a jelly bean..you really wanted us to point out that lie to you right? stop lying you hear,its lack of home training..

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Proffdada: 12:49am On Jun 09, 2013
I hope you'll get to realize that tecno phones r just not the cheapest with competitive specs,once LEVONO (from china) steps into 9ja market then samsung will either pack their bags or sell at half prices, as for tecno let them enjoy these glory days of 2G phones they r churning out just to save batt consumption
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by vennyvine: 7:50am On Jun 09, 2013
The only problem I have with Techno phone is d accessories that are not available. We need these accessories badly to enjoy our phones.technology should do something about it or d accessories companies please.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by physise(m): 8:11am On Jun 09, 2013
Proffdada: I hope you'll get to realize that tecno phones r just not the cheapest with competitive specs,once LEVONO (from china) steps into 9ja market then samsung will either pack their bags or sell at half prices, as for tecno let them enjoy these glory days of 2G phones they r churning out just to save batt consumption
guy u r a big fool who told u dat tecno does nt have 3g phones ignorant fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread / Yoruba Bible Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.