Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:28 AM

Africa 11 @ The Moment? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa 11 @ The Moment? (892 Views)

See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo / Top 40 African Stadia at the moment / Which Are The Top 10 African Footballers At The Moment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa 11 @ The Moment? by ofurufu(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2008
I have been an ardent follower of the performance of not Nigerian,but generally African players in Europe for quite some time. For this reason I have always started the topic or contributed to debates on Africa's best in Europe on many online soccer fora-mtnfootball,bigsoccer etc.

I hereby open this debate on Nairaland too.

To start off, here is my pick:

TEAM A

GK:
VINCENT ENYEAMA-NIG,YEHUDA(ISREAL)------------------1

DEFENDERS:
KOLO TOURE-CIV,ARSENAL(ENGLAND)---------------------5
JOSEPH YOBO-NIGERIA,EVERTON(ENGLAND)--------------6
EMMANUEL EBOUE-CIV,ARSENAL(ENGLAND)---------------3
TAIYE TAIWO-NIGERIA,MARSEILLE(FRANCE)---------------2

MIDFIELDERS:
MICHAEL ESSIEN-GHANA,CHELSEA(ENGLAND)------------10
YAYA TOURE-CIV,BARCELONA(SPAIN)------------------------4
WING-SALOMON KALOU-CIV,CHELSEA(ENGLAND)---------7
WING-MOMODU NIANG-SENEGAL,MARSEILLE(FRANCE)---11

FORWARD:
DIDIER DROGBA-CIV,CHELSEA(ENGLAND)------------------8
SHEYI ADEBAYOR-TOGO,ARSENAL(ENGLAND)--------------9

TEAM B
GK:
IDRIS CARLOS KANEMI-CAM,ESPANYOL(SPAIN)-------------1

DF:
BOKA-CIV,STUTTGART(GERMANY)
SHITTU-NIG,WATFORD(ENGLAND)
MEITE-BOLTON,CIV
BOBO BALDE-GUINEA

MFsadDIAMOND,NOT WING PLAY)
MIKEL-NIG,CHELSEA(ENGLAND)
FEINDOUNHO-GUINEA,ST ETTIENE(FRANCE)
ALEX. SONG-CAMEROUN,ARSENAL(ENGLAND)
PIENAAR-S/AFRICA,EVERTON(ENGLAND)

FORWARD:
ETO'O-CAMEROUN,BARCA(SPAIN)
KANOUTE-MALI,SEVILLA(SPAIN)

THE RATING IS AT BASED ON CURRENT FORM. DUE RESPECT TO EGYPTIAN PLAYERS,BUT THIS IS AFRICA'S 11 IN EUROPE NOT AFRICA 11 OVERALL.
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by Uche2nna(m): 7:11pm On May 02, 2008
Eto'o has not done much this season.

I would prefer Bakary Kone (based on current performances)
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by obasanjo2(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2008
Nice topic there. For me, based on current form, this is how my first eleven looks:

GOAL
Idris Carlos Kameni (wanted by Man Utd, Spurs et al)

DEFENCE
Emmanuel Eboue
Kolo Toure
Joseph Yobo
Taye Taiwo

MIDFIELD
Yaya Toure
Seydou Keita
Micheal Essien
Kader Keita

ATTACK
Didier Drogba
Obafemi Martins

RESERVES
Austin Ejide
Arthur Boka
Mikel Obi
Emmanuel Adebayo(r)

NOTE: Adebayor merits a place but he's an out-and-out striker like Drogba so he sits on the bench
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by Jarus(m): 3:16pm On May 03, 2008
I don't think Martins merits a place in Africa's 11 at the moment. There are several other african strikers doing better in Europe.Kanoute in Sevilla,Senegal and Marseille's Niang is,I think,the leading goal scorer in French league.Even Yakubu deserves a place ahead of Martins,but both cannot make my team.
I will have Drogba and Adebayor in my starting 11 and Kalou and Kanoute as subs
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by nyabinghi(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2008
What on earth is martins doing in the first 11. samuel Eto o has been out for half a season and he even scored 14 goals. I rate John mensah of ghana ahead of Yobo cos Yobo was included cos of patriotism.
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by 9ja4eva: 4:09pm On May 06, 2008
What is Mikel doing there when Appiah is not there?
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by Jarus(m): 5:03pm On May 06, 2008
9ja4eva:

What is Mikel doing there when Appiah is not there?

Yes, Yaya Toure, Essien, Feindounho and Muntari are all better midfielders than Mikel,although Mikel is a delight to watch than some of them,but these midfielders(especially Essien and Muntari) contribute to the overall performance of their teams than Mikel. Diarra at Lyon was also a great midfielder but he has lost form and can't be rated as one of Africa's best MFs at the moment. So also is Appiah.He hasn't played much recently due to injuries so he can't be rated.

Africa's best midfielders at the moment:
1.Essien
2.Yaya Toure
3.Muntari
4.Feindounho
5.Mikel
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by Tattooboy: 6:33pm On May 06, 2008
@poster
where did u get dat from?
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by bluehorizo(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2008
FORWARD:
DIDIER DROGBA
SHEYI ADEBAYOR
JOSEPH AKPALA
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by 9ja4eva: 2:50am On May 07, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Yes, Yaya Toure, Essien, Feindounho and Muntari are all better midfielders than Mikel,although Mikel is a delight to watch than some of them,but these midfielders(especially Essien and Muntari) contribute to the overall performance of their teams than Mikel. Diarra at Lyon was also a great midfielder but he has lost form and can't be rated as one of Africa's best MFs at the moment. So also is Appiah.He hasn't played much recently due to injuries so he can't be rated.

Africa's best midfielders at the moment:
1.Essien
2.Yaya Toure
3.Muntari
4.Feindounho
5.Mikel

Keita
Re: Africa 11 @ The Moment? by ofurufu(m): 5:04pm On May 07, 2008
Tattooboy:

@poster
where did u get that from?

It's my judgment,not any official pronuncement.
bluehorizo:

FORWARD:
DIDIER DROGBA
SHEYI ADEBAYOR
JOSEPH AKPALA

Scoring 17 goals and emerging highest goal scorer in the lowly rated Belgian league is not enough to rate Akpala the 3rd hottest African forward,even at the moment.
My pick:
1.Drogba-He may not scored many goals this season but he is definitely a player that has delivered when needed most.Liverpoolians will know what I'm saying better
2.Adebayor-Scoring 30 goals in a season is a feat reserved for World's super strikers.I mean the likes of Igwe,Pre-Chelsea Shevchenko,Ruud and maybe Totti.He effectively almost made Arsenal fans say "Henry what'.How I wish he had claimed Nigeria.
3.Eto'o: Despite having injury plagued season,he still has 14 LaLiga goals to his credit.Martins and Yakubu were fit thruout the season,yet coudn't score 14 league goals.
4.Niang:The Senegalese guy is banging goals in France in Marseille colours.
5.Yakubu:He has consistently been highest goals scorer in all his premiership clubs every season.Although Viduka narrowly overtook him last season in Boro.From Portsmouth to Boro to Everton,every season.

(1) (Reply)

Your Infos Pls / Ik Uche Seals N152m 4-year Zaragoza Deal! / Russia To Host 2018 Fifa World Cup!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.