Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,032 members, 7,946,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:53 PM

70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya (18342 Views)

Anja Ringgren-Lovén Rescuing Nigerian Children From ‘witchcraft' / Female Sex Worker, Two Men Burnt To Death In Delta State / 15yrs Old Boy Axed Severallyover Allegation Of Witchcraft In Akwaibom[photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by angelcj: 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
A 70-year old woman was yesterday lynched by angry residents in Kisii after she was accused of bewitching a young man in the village....

The woman is said to have cast an evil spell on the man making him have a miserable life. Sources said that despite his age of 30, the man showed no interest to women and did not progress in life, a factor that was caused by the evil woman.

Fed up with her behaviours, the angry villagers stormed her house in the evening and demanded to ransack it. She refused saying that she had not stolen from anyone and that they did not have a right to check her house.

They accused her of witchcraft and mentioned a number of cases she was involved in. They claimed that she had been behind a series of deaths that occurred in the village including that of her own husband.

They frog marched her to the nearest trading center for all to see before lynching her.

The area's Assistant Chief who confirmed the incident condemned it terming it inhuman. He wondered how one could be killed without any solid evidence. He promised to take legal action on all those who took part in the exercise.

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2013/06/70-year-old-lynched-over-witchcraft-in.html
http://revealzone..com/2013/06/imagine-70-year-old-burn-to-dust-over.html

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by dhejykeane: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
jungle justicecry bt y does it luk lyk a movie set

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by ihedioramma: 6:12am On Jun 06, 2013
AM SORRY FOR THE GUYS THEY DONT READ BIBLE OR DONT UNDERSTAND IT JESUS LET US TO KNOW THAT WE NEED TO PRAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS, TELL ME THE WRONG SEX AND OTHER SIN JESUS TELL US NOT TO DO IS THIS GUYS KEEPING IT? IF THE WOMAN DID THAT SIN IS NOT GOOD. WE HAVE TO forgive so GOD can forgive us our own sin's, that is what we say in prayer. GOD have mercy on them there anger is ten much.
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Kcxee(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2013
Too bad well 3*D to...na my first tym.
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
why has this made front page? the picture is of a Zimbabwean man set ablaze in south Africa!!

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by donpetros: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
very painful way to die. so sad. Reminds me of Aluu 4.

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by dridowu: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
Dy aluu d woman

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
You don't need to be Boko Haram to be an extremist...

Like Shakespeare once said "Hell is empty....and All the Devils are here on earth" undecided

You'll be surprised that some of these launchers would have paid to watch Harry Potter at the Cinemas sef...

R I P Woman

5 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
Another Aluu....... Suffer the witch not to live
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Lilimax(f): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
**Just passing while whistling**

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Youngzedd(m): 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
NA WAA...
NA WAA
So this kind of justice exist in Kenya.

THEY ARE ACTUALLY LEARNING FROM NAIJA.
Very Good, there is an improvement. Id1ots!

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by claremont(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
An African solution to an African problem.

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by AHA1(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
AFRICA WILL CONTINUE TO REMAIN THE DARKEST CONTINENT IN THE WORLD.
THE SPIRIT OF GOD HAS LEFT AFRICA LONG TIME AGO.
AFRICANS STILL BELIEVE IN WITCHCRAFT IN 2013.
THEY JUST MURDERED THAT POOR WOMAN IN COLD BLOOD.

THAT WAS HOW OUR FOREFATHERS SOLD THEIR BROTHERS AND SISTERS INTO SLAVERY FOR COMMON MIRROR,WHILE THEY WERE IN THE SHIP, THEY CURSED AFRICA

WE ARE SEEING THE EFFECT NOW

12 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by CocoaOla: 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
only in africa

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Madawaki01(m): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
Reminds me of aluu 4.....but why shud they vex their anger[wen naija beat dem on their own turf]on an old woman?

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by johnwizey: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
May be the woman don promised dem say dem go win yesterday match grin

4 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by 50calibre(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Africa and savagery are like brothers. Things which haven't been seen for more than 200 years in other places, are found today in Africa.

What this shows is that Africans don't evolve, they still remain in an unevolved state of mankind, an animalistic and low intelligence stage.

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by POLICECAP: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
[size=20pt]There is no smoke without fire.[/size]Thou I do not support the lynching.
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by donted(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
[quote author=ihedioramma]AM SORRY FOR THE GUYS THEY DONT READ BIBLE OR DONT UNDERSTAND IT JESUS LET US TO NO THAT WE NEED TO PRAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS, TELL ME THE WRONG SEX AND OTHER SIN JESUS TELL US NOT TO DO IS THIS GUYS KEEPING IT? IF THE WOMAN DID THAT SIN IS NOT GOOD. WE HAVE TO forgive so GOD can forgive us our own sin's, that is what we say in prayer. GOD have marcy on them there anger is ten much. [/quote

Can anyone comprehend this write ups?

4 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Opey4luv(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Out of words
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Na person mama o

2 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
undecided ooh boi...people weh burn thiss OLd woman make dem ready coz she must cummm back fo anybody weh join hand kiLL her!
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by 50calibre(m): 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
ihedioramma: AM SORRY FOR THE GUYS THEY DONT READ BIBLE OR DONT UNDERSTAND IT JESUS LET US TO NO THAT WE NEED TO PRAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS, TELL ME THE WRONG SEX AND OTHER SIN JESUS TELL US NOT TO DO IS THIS GUYS KEEPING IT? IF THE WOMAN DID THAT SIN IS NOT GOOD. WE HAVE TO forgive so GOD can forgive us our own sin's, that is what we say in prayer. GOD have marcy on them there anger is ten much.

Dude how much would a lesson teacher cost, find out and get back to me, il take care of the fee.

You need someone to tutor you in English language.

3 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Like Shakespeare once said "Hell
is empty....and All the Devils are
here on earth" sm0ke-wise
angry Like Shakespeare once said "Hell
is empty....and All the Devils are
here on earth" sm0ke-wise
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by AbuMikey(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
Why is the story conflicting with the picture?
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by POLICECAP: 6:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
ihedioramma: AM SORRY FOR THE GUYS THEY DONT READ BIBLE OR DONT UNDERSTAND IT JESUS LET US TO NO THAT WE NEED TO PRAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS, TELL ME THE WRONG SEX AND OTHER SIN JESUS TELL US NOT TO DO IS THIS GUYS KEEPING IT? IF THE WOMAN DID THAT SIN IS NOT GOOD. WE HAVE TO forgive so GOD can forgive us our own sin's, that is what we say in prayer. GOD have marcy on them there anger is ten much.

[color=#red]You have started smoking igbo(hemp) again.. Why? [/color]

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Skmoda360(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Another news again on witchcraft....while nt witchcraft dis n witchcraft dat....i puked a times if i enters nairaland....it gettin mudafukin S.U.C.K lately
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
eyen nyin:
God will punish u. U read the bible upside down. Ur children will acccse u of same in ur 4kng old age.
guy why you take am too personal? shey he follow burn the old mama ni? abeg no de swear for person anyhow o,before Kenyans go accuse you of witchcraft
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
Grrr

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by Koolking(m): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
POLICE CAP: [size=20pt]There is no smoke without fire.[/size]Thou I do not support the lynching.

You took the word from my mouth. Jungle justice, good for her.
Re: 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya by PvtParts1: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
Africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20+ Really Interesting Questions To Ask A Girl You Like / Amazing Benefits Of Groundnut Water For Men And Women / When Last Did You 'chop Life'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.