Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,517 members, 7,920,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:59 PM

Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? (3849 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / He Makes Love To Me In The Presence Of Our Grown-up Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by slimyem: 1:55am On Jun 07, 2013
Blame the op for assuming his friend trying to dish the soup was the problem.
Her rudeness and disrespect of her husband in the presence of a visitor is inexcusable but thing is there more to the issue than the soup.A lot more!cool

2 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by baby124: 2:00am On Jun 07, 2013
Wislet, I grew up with a dad that could cook o. If my mum is not around or travels and we are hungry, men the guy had skills. It was even when my mum travels we eat the best things. No managing money and what is in the house. Orisirisi everything dey.He would have been well into his 70's if alive, so you can imagine. If at all he kept us outside too long with all his meetings he will cook us something nice, while we collapse from heat. Though when I remind my mum, she vehemently denies it, so I don't repeat it outside. As her inlaws thought he loved her too much, and as a former playboy it was not ordinary. If you waste too much time, he will serve his food and eat. This was a successful, manly man o. So what are you saying. Men, poverty is not an easy condition. grin. They don't use food to do shakara for some men, especially the ones that were bachelors for a while. Abeg, people should learn to relax and enjoy what they have. Na wa o. Unnecessary drama. If they ask what caused the fight, she will open her mouth to say "soup". Are you not ashamed.LOL

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by benedicta0(f): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2013
There is nothing wrong in that is just that both the husband and wife are lacking manners how can you just pounce on the pot and you can see she is trying to serve you the food.Beside it is not a big deal for the wife to disrespect her husband
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by bukatyne(f): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2013
benedicta0: There is nothing wrong in that is just that both the husband and wife are lacking manners how can you just pounce on the pot and you can see she is trying to serve you the food.Beside it is not a big deal for the wife to disrespect her husband

The husband pounced on the pot of soup? seriously?

It is not a big deal disrespecting one's hubby because of soup? soup? not infidelity? not abuse? not lying? soup? as in soup?

Odikwa very very very serious!

Infact, we need serious marriage seminars in every community.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Shakslayer: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2013
benedicta0: There is nothing wrong in that is just that both the husband and wife are lacking manners how can you just pounce on the pot and you can see she is trying to serve you the food.Beside it is not a big deal for the wife to disrespect her husband

That was a mistake, init? I believe you didn't mean that, did you? U go be person wife one day too, abi?
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2013
Madness in practice . . . so a man dishing his own soup is now a crime?
That woman needs to be admitted @ Yaba left!

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Wislet(f): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
For all those giving themselves high blood pressure while trying to sound smart all because of somebody else's story, pls increase the tempo, sure Seun must have made provisions for nairaland emergencies.
Anyways,to those who still have their tongues in check and don't see the story as a do/die affair, cos my comment is not fighting with anybody, If memory serves me right, I never said the wife(or the man either) was excused of bad behaviour.
I only tried to decipher the reason the woman could have behaved the way she did, the comment never said any party was wrong/right. Get that straight.
Every story has 2(or more) angles to it. Every party in a story will always claim they are right, and if you're not prejudiced (as u should)you'll be an impartial dispassionate party.
No one of us was there. The man's friend probably got to know exactly what happened because the man told him all about it in his fury, and not because the wife displayed it in front of him.
You do not take sides in a husband/wife issue.
Both of them are to blame....wife for the behaviour, husband for the lack of tact plus storming out furiously and telling anyone that cared to listen. Family business should be family business.
Let me reiterate.... I (as well as you) do not make ourselves a judge over matters like this. Your 'smartness' and 'wiseness' should be focused on your own home (where you could even be quarrelling with your spouse over a lot less than this one). Let us not be Head advisers to nobody and phD holders in 'other people's affairs'.
You correct BOTH SIDES where they err. What causes prolonged strife in homes is when either party don't fault themselves, and always see the 'other person' as only to blame, and outside pressure(as this one) thickens it.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by benedicta0(f): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2013
Please madam that was not what I meant I said her husband serving food from the pot is not enough reason for her to disrespect her husband pls try understanding people's comment
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by benedicta0(f): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2013
Shakslayer: [/b]

That was a mistake, init? I believe you didn't mean that, did you? U go be person wife one day too, abi?
abeg u know me before?abi did I tell d wife to disrespect her hubby cos of pot of soup.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by benedicta0(f): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2013
bukatyne:

The husband pounced on the pot of soup? seriously?

It is not a big deal disrespecting one's hubby because of soup? soup? not infidelity? not abuse? not lying? soup? as in soup?

Odikwa very very very serious!

Infact, we need serious marriage seminars in every community.

pls o I mean that is not enough reason for the wife to disrespect her husband infact try and organise one marriage seminar and invite me since u know about marriage too much

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
I don't know what happened to manners.my hubby ll always ask"honey can I dish the food Myself", nothing to it,just good old manners.For some reasons I can't decipher, i always ask my husband before changing a station once he is the one that tuned on the station I want to change.

Nevertheless, the woman should have waited for the visitor to leave before airing her grievances.Reacting rudely in a third party's presence is out of it.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
Byvan the main subject of discussion on this thread is your second paragraph......the guy is just feeling funky to impress his friend IMO , when you're out to impress, manners fly outta the window ( get carried away) sometimes grin

For those pouncing and boxing and those professors who are still crying more than the berieved and over sabi what's going on in other people's homes paranoia , ish for y'all. grin in Damiso's words( hands up) We haf hear you grin now to the LEFT!!
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
benedicta0: pls o I mean that is not enough reason for the wife to disrespect her husband infact try and organise one marriage seminar and invite me since u know about marriage too much

No problem.

As for the seminars, you will be invited! wink
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
@Jide,no doubt ,there is no defense acceptable for the woman's behavior . The way some women react to there husband in public(in 's words ), may God help them.I personally will feel embarrassed making my man appear anything short of a superman in public,lets reserve any form of combat for the confines of our home.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Daresh(f): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
That's probably how she was raised. Men shd not enter kitchen to serve food. Ol boi an she know, as I'm typing this my Oga just left the kitchen after serving his food. It's no biggies, my Dad serves himself, my brothers serve themselves, it's no biggies for my husband to do the same.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by tpia5: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
its nigeria no doubt, that's why they had time to be fighting over a pot of stew.

assuming they were overseas and the wife just got home from her nursing assistant job, and was getting ready to go to her night school for nursing, and the husband just returned from his own minimum wage job where he worked double shift and kissed people's butt all day on top $8 per hour, (and had some small boy or girl as his boss and watching his every interaction like a hawk), neither of them would even notice who dished the stew.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
well that's rather silly undecided undecided
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
I wish my husband would learn to dish his food himself, especially on those days when I'm so tired.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by tpia5: 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
op are you a rookie journalist, trainee reporter or something?

you seem to spend a lot of time spying on what married men and their wives are or arent doing.

you're being paid open these threads perhaps?
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Shakslayer: 6:31am On Jun 29, 2013
tpia@:
op are you a rookie journalist, trainee reporter or something?

you seem to spend a lot of time spying on what married men and their wives are or arent doing.

you're being paid open these threads perhaps?

U are absolutely spot on. Am both a rookie journalist as well as a trainee reporter, and one more thing, yes, am being paid to open these threads. And guess who's paying me? Ur father in the village.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by drnoel: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2013
Shakslayer:
Recently, i travelled to the East to visit an old course mate of mine from the University. He just got married and i decided to felicitate with him.

Sadly, what was meant to be a happy reunion for us guys, turned to be a dispute resolution for me.

My friend and i just came back from a long outing, tired and very hungry. As we entered the house, his lovely wife was in the kitchen preparing fufu, she has made the fufu, set it on a plate and was about getting the liquid hand-wash (morning fresh), my friend who couldn't wait any longer, decided to get the soup himself. He grabbed a bowl, went straight to the pot, opened it and was about dishing his soup, when his wife, in 2 giant but quick strides,backed up by a loud and long hiss, grabbed the spoon from him and made to dish the soup.

My friend was so shocked and embarrassed that he quietly walked off the kitchen, into his car and drove off without a word. I spent the best part of the night trying to resolve the dispute that ensued. And what a dispute it was!

So, i ask, what is wrong in a married man dishing his soup in the presence of his wife? For me, i see nothing wrong here.

The floor is open.
lol the couple obvious want to fight over something as irrelevant as that. Or may be its a female thing cos i've seen something similar to that but then it depends of how the man of the house handles and compots himself. Also, since they had a visitor the wife should have held her irritation till u leave
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Kanwulia: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
My darling husband not only dishes. . . HE COOKS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! kiss
Even in friends of FAMILY AND HIS FRIENDS!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINGS IT TO MY BED!!!! kiss

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2013

People are different alright and the fact that we have different orientation shouldn't be an excuse for unacceptable behaviour, our parents have lived their lives live yours.
Again stop making excuses for bad behaviours , enough references to 'orientation' to cover up bad behaviours.

And nobody is acting all Jason Stratum here either , speak for yourself and enough about other people's way of life in your comments , it reeks inferiority complex.

*Since she's jobless and don't have any tangible thing to occupy herself with except a pot of soup

*and that her yeye claimed zone

*and her unacceptable behaviour toward her hubby right in front of his friend to embarrass him

all those factors ^^ being her major priority in her marriage, I say it again , she is damn rude.

To answer your question; As part of the 'civilized' people here, my father probably expected a woman to serve him because she's solely dependent on him and thinks its her DUTY to serve him food not because it's her yeye office he solely built with his money
and besides if he wants the whole pot if soup on his Table so be it... His world, he rules it.

As for me, as long as somebody brings the damn food to the table WE don't really give a damn, we ain't petty, there's more to life. And yes that makes it a MODERN world.

No wonder men treat some women with no respect. Bunch of Boojjies.

Arrant nonsense

The Good old jagidijagan days grin

JydoeskY tongue
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by richyblink1(m): 8:41am On Dec 29, 2013
It's an individual thing. My cherrycoco will be glad if i do same only when she is tired or needed assistance. But in the situation we are talking about, she will feel you are indirectly calling her a lazy woman.

Since I have learnt that, what I always do is just to go to her with a sweet tone; Omalicham, you know your food is the best, and I can't wait anymore. Please let me quickly dish a little o nnem. She will just smile and allow me. If not done in this manner, she will just tell me to excuse her in her department. Trust me, if you value her, you will have no choice than to leave the kitchen
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hahahahahahahaha.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by dinachi(m): 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2013

Nairaland Feminist Bigotry at its worst!
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
^^ Relax buddy. Raising your BP on top NL isn't worth all these hullabaloo.

Happy New year in advance.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by husseinjnr: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Poverty na bad thing o. The day my wife tries that is the day the soup will be thrown away with the pot. What rubbish, I should be at liberty to take what ever i want from the pot at any given time without caution. We can cook another pot of soup.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by coldgate(f): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
@OP: that is what one gets when he chops and clean mouth in Lagos then goes to the village to find a wife under the guise of going home for xmas.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
^^ cheesy cheesy Karma's a biatch

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marital Discipline: 3 Ways To Discipline Your Spouse / I Regret Not Leaving My Wife Months Ago / Orphans Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.