Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,969 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. (21155 Views)

10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by yemosla(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nice one bro two quick questions pls.
I use mobile oil ̥†̥σ service my car, ∂σ i still need ̥†̥σ use oil treatment ? And secondly i recently notice some kind of squicky sound wen ever i put on the AC of my car like ǎ̜̣̍ fan belt sound which doesn't last long though pls wat could be the cause? Thanks
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nice tips but we are in the end times. Hence I don't need them.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by mu2sa2: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Many will read this nice post but will never apply any of the tips.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by peace3: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
NA WAH O!JUST TO SAVE FUEL CONSUMPTION.......I NO FIT DO OR REMEMBER ALL THESE ROFOKOTO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by yuzedo: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
OluwaDrey: For my generator nko? U didn't specify in ur title that the tips were for cars alone
Off ALL lights, sockets, appliances. Make sure everything is off in your house, you go save fuel die! grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by deniceguy(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls,has anybody got a recipe for homemade gasoline?..THANKS
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by AceVentura: 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks for the write up, it's very informative. It took 3 months for this to make front page. Too bad for the MODs. If it's Cossy Orjiako or Tonto Dike, it'll hit FP faster than the speed of light. Sit up people.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by OluwaDrey(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
yuzedo:
Off ALL lights, sockets, appliances. Make sure everything is off in your house, you go save fuel die! grin
yes boss,shey na like that u sey live for ur banana iceland? grin
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by segcymoor(m): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
ok
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Stylaay(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nice write up. I know all these but i just can't maintain dat 2.5k - 3k rpm on my tachometer. I no wan make these our roads for capital city dey waste. Op my exhaust makes a loud sound when i start my car in the morning it's not leaking as we've checked so many times. I was told i need to put a basket in my exhaust eat my "indomie" is broken - mechanic parlance the car is guzzlin fuel like mad dunno if u have any suggestion. Tanz
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Usen9c(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
segcy.moor:
ok

ur saying ok, wat of my keke it still a petrol engine
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
nice one my guy, most people dont no this facts, 4me i no few of dem
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Gee2728(m): 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
This one na M.sc material ooh. Guy u rly try sha!!!
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
14.Buy Gas on Cool Mornings
Liquids expand when warm, and that includes gasoline. So you actually get a bit more for the same amount of cash by buying gas when it's most dense, even though the pump shows the same total.

Thanks for this in particular !

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by ugoezeik(m): 6:05am On Sep 05, 2013
Hhhhhh at a tym l started getting confuse, anyway very educative. But sir you for brake it down well for those dat doesn't understand queen's English like me
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Toonice(m): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2013
biggiyke: when an article screams front page......
end time things
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by georgikpons: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2013
Stylaay: Nice write up. I know all these but i just can't maintain dat 2.5k - 3k rpm on my tachometer. I no wan make these our roads for capital city dey waste. Op my exhaust makes a loud sound when i start my car in the morning it's not leaking as we've checked so many times. I was told i need to put a basket in my exhaust eat my "indomie" is broken - mechanic parlance the car is guzzlin fuel like mad dunno if u have any suggestion. Tanz

kakama please give us answers to the above questions. My Golf 3 behave same way, wen I satt it in the morning it makes a loud noise as if the exshust is bad but calms down after about 30secs.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by kakameks: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
@georgikpons and Stylaay

From my limited experience, i'll suggest you check your ignition system(mainly plugs), you probably have to crank your engine for a while before it starts (cold hard starting). when you crank your engine in the morning, you probably pump the gas pedal thereby opening the injector nozzle and spraying more fuel into the cylinder, when the car eventually starts it will burn-off the excess unburnt fuel in the cylinders or push it out, this sudden combustion of the excess fuel which often manifest like a loud sound like a blown exhaust.

you can notice this in cars that have a plug or two misfiring, they then to "shoot" from their exhaust when the faulty plug "fires", remember that while the plug fails to "fire" more fuel will still be sprayed into the cylinder and these excess fuel-oxygen mixture that have been compressed will expand explosively when they either get to the exhaust system he atmosphere via the exhaust vent.

So i suggest getting your whole ignition system checked, if the problem is not from there then your injectors may just be spraying excess fuel when you start your car. Avoid excessive pumping your gas pedal when trying to start your car.

ABOVE ALL, BRING YOUR PROBLEM AS A NEW TOPIC IN CAR-TALK SECTION, you will be amazed at the helpful suggestion you will get, others that are more experienced that i am will throw more light on your problem. I still got there to find sloution to other car issues i get.

Cheers.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by kakameks: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
@georgikpons and Stylaay

From my limited experience, i'll suggest you check your ignition system(mainly plugs), you probably have to crank your engine for a while before it starts (cold hard starting). when you crank your engine in the morning, you probably pump the gas pedal thereby opening the injector nozzle and spraying more fuel into the cylinder, when the car eventually starts it will burn-off the excess unburnt fuel in the cylinders or push it out, this sudden combustion of the excess fuel which often manifest like a loud sound like a blown exhaust.

you can notice this in cars that have a plug or two misfiring, they then to "shoot" from their exhaust when the faulty plug "fires", remember that while the plug fails to "fire" more fuel will still be sprayed into the cylinder and these excess fuel-oxygen mixture that have been compressed will expand explosively when they either get to the exhaust system he atmosphere via the exhaust vent.

So i suggest getting your whole ignition system checked, if the problem is not from there then your injectors may just be spraying excess fuel when you start your car. Avoid excessive pumping your gas pedal when trying to start your car.

ABOVE ALL, BRING YOUR PROBLEM AS A NEW TOPIC IN CAR-TALK SECTION, you will be amazed at the helpful suggestion you will get, others that are more experienced that i am will throw more light on your problem. I still got there to find sloution to other car issues i get.

Cheers.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by georgikpons: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2013
THANKS MAN I appreciate ur quick response. please what engine oil can I use for my 1996 golf 3, 1.8L engine
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by olorire2013: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2013
A round of applause for our automobile professor.Nice one OP!I wanted to dispose my honda 94 or change d engine b4,perusing through dis write up,I discovered that I could still revive d engine by changing d rings,gasket,valve oil seals and clean up or buy another air filter.I'm sure d engine will stop smoking cox it still accelerates well.Oil leaks out from d cylinder and it soaks plug speedily making d car to jerk.God bless
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Natureboyfk(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Most Important Tip:- Don't buy a car when you don't have money for Fuel...no time for managing dats y gas stations r evrywre lik Redeemed church
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
#14 .. Point taken.

Nice post.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by gen2lpat(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
If you have an AC problem with your car and you feel you want to have it checked, contact Mr. Donatus on 08100206047.

# If you are in kano/around. AC problems only. Thanks.
Re: Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. by Immortal1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Very informative post. Thanks. The one about RPM is so true. I'm really enjoying d fuel economy of my car cos of dat, & I also avoid sudden acceleration/deceleration. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fit-Car PPV: The World's First Pedal-Powered Car (Pictures) / Where Can One Get SAE 5W30 Engine Oil Here In Nigeria...? / Why Do German And American Cars Have Low Resale Values?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.