Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,665 members, 7,882,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! (1858 Views)

What Is Wrong With Simplepay4u??? Payment Processing Help / SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. / Who Know About Simplepay4u.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by databoy247(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2013
Actually i am not supposed to do this but i think i have to, maybe a staff of simplepay4u can see this.

Sometime ago, i tried to purchase recharge card via their VTU portal, the mistake i made was to click on MTN instead of Airtel BUT i put my airtel number and surprisingly my account was debited from my account.. I called them and complained. I believe when trying to buy airtel recharge card and i placed the order from MTN doorway, i am supposed to see an "error page". They apologised and said it was a programming error, that they will get it fixed. To cut a long story short, it took them almost 2 months to revert the transaction.

Yesterday morning around 6am i want to buy recharge card for my mother and i made same mistake (cos i always buy MTN so am used to clicking the mtn cart without even thinking) and instead of clicking the GLO cart, i clicked on MTN and still put the GLO number to receive the topup. Amazingly AGAIN, my account was debited without showing the error page they promised to fix. This is the result of the transaction:

Thank you for your N510 MTN purchase.Details are as follows : a)Service Name : MTN b)Mobile No: 08052222828

I have been calling their customer care numbers since yesterday and NONE is available. I opened a support ticket yesterday morning and till now no response. angry angry

Am quite amazed because people always clamor for Nigerian based internet companies but truly, 98% of them are unreliable.
There is a site i saw www.onlinevouchersng.com and registered so i can purchase recharge cards but guess what, you can only fund your wallet with a MINIMUM of N5,000 paying a service charge of N500.. angry angry(na do or die to make money?)and yours truly fled with speed!

*shaking my head*
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by DualCore1: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2013
databoy247: There is a site i saw www.onlinevouchersng.com and registered so i can purchase recharge cards but guess what, you can only fund your wallet with a MINIMUM of N5,000 paying a service charge of N500.. angry angry(na do or die to make money?)and yours truly fled with speed!

*shaking my head*
OnlinevouchersNG is VERY reliable and you can't make such mistakes as made on Simplepay4u. The 5k limit for account funding is also shocking to me but the owner of the site knows better. Probably one of the many measures to fight the credit card frauds around.

Now to the Simplepay4u issue, its not so much of a big deal. Just send them a mail advicing them to add conditional statements to their script to check for phone numbers matching chosen networks. They have a pretty serious team.
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by databoy247(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
I doubt if they check their mail. They looked serious until recently. As for onlinevouchersng, i was subjected to an ID verification process before my account became fully active. So i doubt if the high funding limit is an anti fraud system. I cant fund an account with 5k cos i want to buy N400 mtn card at the middle of the night for an emergency.
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by DualCore1: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lol, think long term. Just throw 5k in at once and that should take care of all your recharging needs for you and your babe(s) for the entire month (or entire week, as the babe(s) may demand).
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:41am On Jun 08, 2013
Dual Core:
Just send them a mail advicing them to add conditional statements to their script to check for phone numbers matching chosen networks. They have a pretty serious team.

How will they handle numbers that have been ported?

3 Likes

Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by shameontd: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Databoy247 I am really sorry about your ordeal and it is a slap to the face of the Company SimplePay. I must apologize sincerely. Please do accept my apologies. We will always strive to help all and it should never happen again. Regards, SimplePay CEO.

1 Like

Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by DualCore1: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

How will they handle numbers that have been ported?
That's a question for Saka to answer tongue

On the serious side of the matter I really am not in a position to tell how they can implement a solution to deal with numbers that have ported. I have not used their recharge system before so I don't know how it works. The bottom line is that a verification has to be done to avoid the scenario above. Possible methods like a reversal of transaction if the system cannot load the voucher on the number provided, or a double check before the user commits to the transaction... so when the user makes a move to buy so so so voucher for so so so network, he gets to pass a confirmation stage where he is told "you are buying so so so voucher for so so so phone number and so so so network, click Proceed to continue".
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by databoy247(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2013
The issue has been resolved and my account re-funded. I also received a call from them with an apology, plus email......and N*** was deposited into my account as compensation. Least expected from a Nigerian company. Kudos.
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by gbabi69: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=Dual Core]
OnlinevouchersNG is VERY reliable and you can't make such mistakes as made on Simplepay4u. The 5k limit for account funding is also shocking to me but the owner of the site knows better. Probably one of the many measures to fight the credit card frauds around.

If you have visited [url]onlinevouchersng.com[/url] in recent times you will see that these thing have been reviewed. I have used them for so long and they are consistent,infact the money you put in your wallet can be wothdrawn anytime you want it,but i think with the reduction of their minimum funding now to 500naira, the withdrawal thing may have been disabled. I even have purchased perfect money vouchers there a few days ago. Evn the service charge for card funding has been removed also.
All in all i strongly recommend them. So if u fled bc of issues above, check again, they have been very very considereate in some of the changes they have already effected there.
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by databoy247(m): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2013
At the beginning of this thread some months ago, i complained about an error on transaction using simplepay platform. After much promises, they decided to rectify the problem. I am so surprised that the problem still persists. Some people suggested number portability and some others says its not possible. I even remembered telling the technical guy that, why not create a new confirmation page before executing transactions just to double confirm so even if you made a mistake earlier, you can still "go back" and make the needed changes before proceeding to making the final transaction. They promised they will work on it, but no results so far.

Over 2 months ago, i made same mistake again. Wanted to purchase glo card and mistakenly clicked on the MTN logo, imputed my glo number and click "ok" and the transaction went through and my money was deducted. How can you deduct my money selling mtn to me when the number i put is a glo number? I called them and was told the transaction would be reversed and i would get a refund. Its two months now and when ever i call..."we are working on it" is the usual comment....This morning, i called and was patched through to the technical guy who is now telling me to look for the transaction ID for him which means they were doing nothing about it since!!.

Now its either the person who has been picking my calls has not relayed the issue to the technical dept or the technical dept dont just care and is ineffective. They have refused me to speak with their boss. You can imagine how angry i am.

I am not boasting but i have been using their services consistently for the past 11 months and i know how much transactions i have done with them on just purchase of recharge cards (including phone calls and internet subscriptions). But if they are really saying they cant handle such issues then what is the point using them? IF a customer makes such a mistake what you are supposed to see is an error page OR better still another page for double confirmation before executing that transaction. Why cant this simple correction be effected after over 7 months of complains?

I have never been pissed like this in a while. angry angry
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by DualCore1: 11:13am On Sep 12, 2013
The recharge service is quite nice, while a confirmation page will do some good I like the ease that presently exists on the site. You're just 3 clicks away from a successful recharge. The confirmation page will add a 4th click. sad

Ask for Simeon's contact and put him in copy of the mails you send to support. Maybe they got too much to handle and need expansion in the tech support dept.

As a counter measure you should be careful you're carrying out financial transactions online. Do not rely on the system's confirmation process (if any). Do your own confirmation yourself before hitting the "Submit" button.

[size=4pt]That's why its good to have one babe. You won't have to recharge Nkechi's MTN line, Stella's Glo line and Patricia's Etisalat line all at once.[/size]
Re: Simplepay4u Now Messing Up! - Again!!! by databoy247(m): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2013
Dual Core:

[size=4pt]That's why its good to have one babe. You won't have to recharge Nkechi's MTN line, Stella's Glo line and Patricia's Etisalat line all at once.[/size]

hehehe...sometimes its stressful doing that. But that's why am thinking of going to the seminary grin

(1) (Reply)

My Adsense Ads Are Showing Blank Spaces / I Am Celebrating My 4 Month Old Blog With 2 Million Page Views / I Have A Fully Approved Naija Adsense For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.