Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,372 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:48 AM

Marriage(who Is Qualified To Advise?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage(who Is Qualified To Advise?) (569 Views)

Only He Who Weep Is Qualified To Use The Whip / Who Is Qualified? / Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage(who Is Qualified To Advise?) by shdemidemi(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2013
Within the body of Christ, the church is now moving and conforming to issues as they emerge in the world. As the world move, the church dynamically compromise and adjust to the ways of the world. We gradually mellow down the explicit principles laid down by the scriptures to remain relevant in the secular world system.

A man stays married for a period, all of a sudden, he believes he is qualified to start a marriage counseling ministry. Similarly, a man makes a lot of money, he becomes convinced he is in the best position to start a prosperity ministry. An average christian who is not so familiar with the scriptures might wonder and could ask if anything is wrong in starting a ministry like this under the umbrella of the church.

It is totally wrong to depart from the faith and the only gospel to satisfy any thing. If we know God and learn about him without all the distractions of life, things will fix themselves as promised by God. Concentrating on a particular problem in our life can only deviate us from the will and purpose of God. Taking each problem such as finances, marriage, children takes our mind away from the reason God had created us, we diametrically walk away from the domain of the creator by trying to fix it.

A marriage is the the union of a man and a woman in matrimony. Marriage was designed to be peaceful and blissful but many find it unbearable and strenuous. What is meant to be enjoyed has now brought so much pain and tears.
The question is, who is fit to teach what to be done by the man or the woman to fix a home? The answer is 'NO ONE'. I say no one is qualified to teach a couple what to do and what not to do because every marriage is different. What worked in your marriage might not necessarily work in mine. The issue then becomes a paradox for the couple.

Man tend to forget God but goes to Him when they need help especially when they have tried within themselves to no avail. We make God an idol that is there to fix our problems, when things get better, we forget Him only to return when another problem surface. Before we get into a marriage we are carried away by emotions than the word of God.

With the issue of marriage, we must apply the principles of God for it to work. We must understand the reason for marriage from God's perspective before going into one. Without God we would handle problems within our marriage like an unbeliever would (wisdom of this world) and we might likely get a similar result. We must dismiss from our mind the moral, political and cultural stands to understand God's own perspective.

Lessons can be learnt from the very first union of a man and a woman. Men and women must know their roles and how God wired and tailored them to operate. God created man on the sixth day, he had created other animals in pairs. God decided to create a help that is meet for his son, Adam. Adam became the object, God decided to create somebody to help him, not somebody to direct him, not somebody to love him nor control him. He caused Adam to sleep and made Eve with the rib of Adam.

Adam was told to keep and guard the garden from any intruder. In this setting, the job of Eve would be to help this man do whatever God wants him to do. Naturally, Adam will guard the garden without sweat and Eve would help without sweat.
The serpent came through the thoughts of the woman in a subtle manner, she heeded to the devil by allowing an intruder entice her with the pride of life. Nothing happened when she ate the apple, she gave her husband and their eyes popped out. They suddenly knew they were naked. God came, the first person he called was the man he gave the duty of guarding the garden.

The fall came when the woman left her position of a helper, she wanted independence, she took a decision on her own. The consequences was a disaster and a spiritual separation from God. The separation from God in the garden of Eden (pleasant)is the reason why every man on the face of the earth lacks fulfillment in themselves hitherto. Some people drink to fill the gap and the emptiness as a result of the fall, some womanize, some go shopping, some club but nothing seem to fill the emptiness. We then carry this same mentality into a marriage thinking our partner can fill it up, some marry for money, some for companion, some for love, some for children etc. But all of these things fade as soon as they come and man(human) is still not satisfied.

If we desire to have a marriage backed by God, a woman must be ready to submit just as the bible says 'wives submit to your own husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife'. Submission is never submission until the need to submit arise. It is doing what you don't want to do but have to do for your husband. Before a woman says yes to a man , she must ask herself if she is ready to submit to that man and if she is ready to help him achieve his goal. The woman must love her husband before herself and must obey the laws of her husband. Romans7:2

A man must love his wife like Christ loved the church, Christ loved the church so much, he died for her. Before a man goes into marriage with a woman, he must also ask himself if he is ready to guard, tend, keep and die for the woman. If the question can be answered in affirmative then he is ready. He must love the woman more than himself.Ephesians5:25-33

The major reason for a Godly marriage is to give and not to get. We must not go into marriage to satisfy our sexual urge, for a companion , for love, for procreation, for money, for beauty or any other thing. All these things will come if the man and the woman focus on God and His principles.

Therefore, if we want a blissful marriage we must fix ourselves first. The relationship must be between two believers according to the scriptures. Children, parents or any third party must not be allowed to take the place of your wife or the husband.

The wisdom within the scriptures guarantees a good marriage.
Re: Marriage(who Is Qualified To Advise?) by outcst: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
shdemidemi: Within the body of Christ, the church is now moving and comforming to issues as they emerge in the world. As the world move, the church dynamically compromise and adjust to the ways of the world. We gradually mellow down the explict principles laid down by the scriptures to remain relevant in the secular world system.

Adapting to a changing world does not necessarily mean compromise...even some things were changed in Sacred scriptures e.g the ish of circumcision.

shdemidemi:
A man stays married for a period, all of a sudden, he believes he is qualified to start a marriage counselling ministry. An average christian who is not so familiar with the scriptures might wonder and could ask if anything is wrong in starting a ministry like this under the umbrella of the church.

Precisely! Is anything wrong with it?

shdemidemi:
It is totally wrong to depart from the faith and the only gospel to satisfy any thing. If we know God and learn about him without all the distractions of life, things will fix themselves as promised by God. Concentrating on a particular problem in our life can only deviate us from the will and purpose of God. Taking each problem such as finances, marriage, children takes our mind away from the reason God had created us, we diametrically walk away from the domain of the creator by trying to fix it.

Concentrating on a problem might deviate one from God's will but not necessarily so. Yes, I agree that it won't be appropriate to walk away from God in order to solve a problem.

But I thought you wanted to let us know how starting a marriage counselling ministry is at odds with Sacred scriptures in some situations?

shdemidemi:
A marriage is the the union of a man and a woman in matrimony. Marriage was designed to be peaceful and blissful but many find it unbearable and strenous. What is meant to be enjoyed has now brought so much pain and tears.
The question is, who is fit to teach what to be done by the man or the woman to fix a home? The answer is 'NO ONE'. I say no one is qualified to teach a couple what to do and what not to do because every marriage is different. What worked in your marriage might not necessarily work in mine. The issue then becomes a paradox for the couple.

Hmmm...are you saying no one is fit to advice a husband not to beat his wife in a marriage?

I believe marriage counselling is very good because counselling married folks might just be the anecdote needed to save someone's marriage.

If someone can give advice to a single person, I don't see anything wrong in a 'counsellor' advising married folks.

Anyways, you are yet to tell us how starting a marriage counselling ministry is against Sacred scriptures.

shdemidemi:
Man tend to forget God but goes to Him when they need help especially when they have tried within themselves to no avail. We make God an idol that is there to fix our problems, when things get better, we forget Him only to return when another problem surface. Before we get into a marriage we are carried away by emotions than the word of God.

True! Some persons do act this way but still, is this a case for not starting a marriage counselling ministry by some? I don't think what you have up there still states why starting up a marriage counselling ministry by some is against Sacred scriptures.

shdemidemi:
With the issue of marriage, we must apply the principles of God for it to work. We must understand the reason for marriage from God's perspective before going into one. Without God we would handle problems within our marriage like an unbeliever would (wisdom of this world) and we might likely get a similar result. We must dismiss from our mind the moral, political and cultural stands to understand God's own perspective.

Very true! But do you realize that you are counselling about marriage too? Would you say you are not qualified to give the advise you are giving now? If your answer is in that you are not then I say you shouldn't have bothered opening this thread.

Um...you still haven' told us how opening a marriage counselling ministry is frowned against b Sacred scriptures for some persons.

shdemidemi:
Lessons can be learnt from the very first union of a man and a woman. Men and women must know their roles and how God wired and tailored them to operate. God created man on the sixth day, he had created other animals in pairs. God decided to create a help that is meet for his son, Adam. Adam became the object, God decided to create somebody to help him, not somebody to direct him, not somebody to love him nor control him. He caused Adam to sleep and made Eve with the rib of Adam.

Neither did God create Eve to be Adam's slave, foot stool, baby factory or 'oh yes member' . And how exactly in your view does a woman control or direct a man?

For me, I believe some men need some serious directions from their wives.

shdemidemi:
Adam was told to keep and guard the garden from any intruder. In this setting, the job of Eve would be to help this man do whatever God wants him to do. Naturally, Adam will guard the garden without sweat and Eve would help without sweat.

What really do you understand by Eve being a help mate? I think you are kinda get the wrong notion of this.

shdemidemi:
The serpent came through the thoughts of the woman in a subtle manner, she heeded to the devil. Nothing happened when she ate the apple, she gave her husband and their eyes popped out. They suddenly knew they were naked. God came , the first person he called was Adam.

I hope you are not trying to pass the blame of Adam to Eve o? They both have their share of the blame.

shdemidemi:
The fall came when the woman left her position of a helper, she wanted independence, she took a decision on her own. The consequences was a disaster and a spiritual separatioon from God. The separation from God in the garden of Eden (pleasant)is the reason why every man on the face of the earth lacks fulfilment in themselves. Some people drink to fill the gap and the emptiness as a result of the fall, some womanise, some go shopping, some club but nothing seem to fill the emptiness. We then carry this same mentality into a marriage thinking our partner can fill it up, some marry for money, some for companion, some for love, some for children etc. But all of these things fade as soon as they come and man is still not satisfied.

Now I sense some male chauvinistic views propping up. Blame the woman for the woes of man? Guy abegi!

shdemidemi:
If we desire to have a marriage backed by God, a woman must be ready to submit just as the bible says 'wives submit to your own husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife'. Submission is never submission until the need to submit arise. It is doing what you don't want to do but have to do for your husband. Before a woman says yes to a man , she must ask herself if she is ready to submit to that man and if she is ready to help him achieve his goal. The woman must love her husband before herself and must obey the laws of her husband.

Oh...now I see! You are looking for an 'oh yes member' for a wife? God forbid that I have such person as my wife.

I do hope you do not plan to be the only one with the bright ideas in your marital life?

Abeg I no read again. The one wey I read don belleful me.

Women are really in trouble with some men!
Re: Marriage(who Is Qualified To Advise?) by shdemidemi(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Thanks for looking through, all I have to say is that the basic fundamentals of a marriage is in the scriptures. If you really want to do it God's way, it is there for you to see but you also have a volition to do it in the way of the world. I say marriage ministry is a distraction because it has no precedence in the scriptures, the bible says we should seek the kingdom and all these things (marriage inclusive) will be added to us.

Read Luke 14, anyone that love or care about the things of this world is not fit to be a follower of Christ. The more you focus on them, the more you lose what God is really saying to you.

As for the woman proverbs 31:23 describes a virtuous woman as the one whose husband is known at the gate. In our present world, the women want to be at the gate too. All we are doing is pushing the word of God out to conform with the trend of the world. The world will call it control, chauvinistic and we will come up with 'what a man can do a woman can do better', forgetting God made man the way he is for a reason and wired the woman to be loved, kept and guarded for a reason(1pet3:7).

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonian Pentecostal Debacle And Pastoor Adeboye's Type Of Christianity / Proverbs 30 Verse 4 / Does The Bible Predict The Destruction Of Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.