Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (34969 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
Opey4luv: The defence of this team is so poor, none of the players has the experience at the highest level to carry the team along.
The mid-field is kind of kinky, with Mikels experience and Mba's power, they can do wonders but am warning you, they will be chassing the ball around against Spain coz good mid-fielders are different from world class ones.
The attack is kind of bullshit, no Emenike. Keshi should have called back Osaze, this is a matter of National Football, personal grudges should be left out completely.

Conclusion: This team is great but can not withstand the passing of Spain nor the ruthlessness of Uruguay so I do not see Nigeria making it out of that group.

Oh please shut up!!

All these armchair analysts with inferiority complex. After when Naija beats Spain you'll see them on twitter saying "I had a feeling we could do it". Abeg go home. Whether we win the world cup or Tajiti knacks us 10-0 who cares??
Does not having faith in your team dissociate you in any way from them when they lose or win?
That's how before the Ivory Coast game at the AFCON these same parade of fools were talking about Ivory Coast as if they are Brazil 1982. After our local league player danced through their entire team and scored our winner, see them shouting praises only to revert to the usual idiotic and pointless pessimism before the Mali game. Some were even betting money on us losing the final!
I hate all of you that reason like this and I hope you will never see success in life with regards to anything that involves taking a chance.

STEPHEN KESHI my coach abeg ride on! Super Eagles go! Win or lose, we are behind you! We are real ride-or-die Nigerians, not these yellow liver oyinbo worshippers.

16 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by lexyman(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
BrutusOj: dat is a lie..Ujah Anthony is faster n sharper dan Emenike...just watch out for him shud Keshi gives him enof playing time

Your comment is been spot on ... Anthony Ujah is another good striker we have in d team,Ujah is good! He will display his ability soon.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Chanchit:

Are you guys for real..? Where is the killer in this squard.? Xcept a miracle happens, like the way it happened in SA, I'm afraid Tahiti might even prove a tough nut to crack.
They might surprise you. They probably will.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by kamez(m): 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
antap:
Re-read the list, they are there, Even Mutiu Adepoju and Jay jay Okocha!

Lmao... My guy u be the first person to make me laugh for this forum In a very long time..... Still LMAO!!!
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Afam4eva(m): 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
click2cbn: bro, i guess ur using a computer, some questions r unnecessary wen ur computer/phone can access google. Abi na nairaland "bundle" u subscribe?
Now, this is funny grin

It's not everything that should be googled. Of course i know the information is at my beck and call but the information that i will be googling was written by someone and there's nothing wrong with someone providing the answers here so that when someone else googles, it brings them here. We're here to share information even though we can get it elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by born2fuckpussy: 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Tahiti Squad
Goalkeepers: Gilbert Meriel, Mikael Roche, Xavier Samin;
Defenders: Rainui Aroita, Edson Lemaire, Teheivarii Ludivion,
Stéphane Faatiaru, Simon Vincent, Nicolas Vallar, Yannick
True, Tamatoa Wagemann;
Midfielders: Ricky Aitmai, Stanley Atani Heimano Bourebare,
Henri Caroine, Alvin Tehau, Jonathan Tehau, Lorenzo Tehau,
Yoann Tihoni;
Forwards: Steevy Chong-Hue, Samuel Hnanyine, Teaonui
Tehau, Marama Vahirua (Panthrakikos).
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is Oceania not the same as the Australian continent? It's not a competitive region jare. They should be merged with another region.

Yes. Australia actually moved from Oceania to the Asian confederation because they also felt that Oceania wasn't competitive. But merging those two confederations may mess up FIFA's Confed cup planning.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by churific(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
I like all the optimism from my fellow Super Eagle fan but with our Confederate Cup lineup, the only team we're beating is Tahiti. A draw with Uruguay would be close to a miracle and don't even mention an upset of Spain.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
pazienza: The strenght of this team lies in the midfield. Mikel-onazi-mba triangle,tested and trusted.
Ogude, Mikel, Onazi, that midfield don block any opposition attack finish.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by elbinmanny(m): 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Great midfield, dull attacking options! Only one person can take us far.....that is Vincent Eyeama sad

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by RedLight1: 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
daz_york:

Oh please shut up!!

All these armchair analysts with inferiority complex. After when Naija beats Spain you'll see them on twitter saying "I had a feeling we could do it". Abeg go home. Whether we win the world cup or Tajiti knacks us 10-0 who cares??
Does not having faith in your team dissociate you in any way from them when they lose or win?
That's how before the Ivory Coast game at the AFCON these same parade of fools were talking about Ivory Coast as if they are Brazil 1982. After our local league player danced through their entire team and scored our winner, see them shouting praises only to revert to the usual idiotic and pointless pessimism before the Mali game. Some were even betting money on us losing the final!
I hate all of you that reason like this and I hope you will never see success in life with regards to anything that involves taking a chance.

STEPHEN KESHI my coach abeg ride on! Super Eagles go! Win or lose, we are behind you! We are real ride-or-die Nigerians, not these yellow liver oyinbo worshippers.
spot on cool
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
dannysteve99@ya:
Someone said our strength lies in mtf, u are right, but nt aganst spain.
What's mtf?
dannysteve99@ya:
What's mtf?
dannysteve99@ya:
What's mtf?
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by antap(m): 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
CFCfan: With this team, I believe the SE can get at least, 5 points in the group, and advance to d semifinals.
However, the more important goal is qualification for next year's world cup. If Naija wins d Confed cup, but fails to make it to the world cup; that will be disastrous.
How? How bro? How can Eagles win this tourney? Which leg dem won take play am? Spain dey there o, Brazil too dey there o, Italy too dey there o.
We shall see.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
antap:
Killer what? Without Emenike and Moses? I've you forgotten these two guys performance in the last AFCON?
Eagles go hear am this time.
Even when the squad 4 the AFCON came out, they said bla bla bla about Emenike not better than Wingie, now, something else. Let the team go now and discover another Emenike, the topic changes.. Nigerians! Una nr qet faith?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by AbuMikey(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
We still in This!!!
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
ifylord: Is not as if super eagles have quality players to face the likes of; spain, uruagua etc but is only through the God's intervention that we will win all our match(s). The good people of naija let us always pray for our team. Because is the only team we have. We have to support and value them. Up Super Eagles .. [b]Is not as if super eagles have quality players to face the likes of; spain, uruagua etc but is only through the God's intervention that we will win all our match(s). The good people of naija let us always pray for our team. Because is the only team we have. We have to support and value them. Up Super Eagles .. [/b]Is not as if super eagles have quality players to face the likes of; spain, uruagua etc but is only through the God's intervention that we will win all our match(s). The good people of naija let us always pray for our team. Because is the only team we have. We have to support and value them. Up Super Eagles ..

So...PLEASE EXPLAIN what exactly a "quality player" is that our S.E. does not have. A "quality player" is one with sufficient on the ball skill, pace, tactical sense and game awareness, shot power, shot accuracy, endurance and discipline. THAT is the definition of a "quality" player, NOT a player who is highly regarded in Europe. Aside from a handful, the Europeans don't even play the best football and even those that do still need to pack their leagues with African, South American and Asian talent.
You people need to stop worshipping Oyinbo and see reality for what it is. Nigeria can win the World Cup easily. It's all about psychology. If you believe Oyinbo is better than you, then Oyinbo will be better than you. If you treat Oyinbo the way Sunday Oliseh treated Oyinbo on the pitch, Oyinbo will recognise that you have superior ability and be vanquished. After all the S/E team that beat Spain at the 98 world cup was not as settled as this team and they operated under an amateur, fire brigade NFA setup under Abacha where players had to buy their own flight tickets to honour international matches. The current setup is much better, our league is better than in 1998, the tactical awareness of our local coaching has caught up to a large extent compared to before so these guys have received a decent footballing education from small. So why are they not "quality players"?

AFRICANS NEED TO STOP GIVING OYINBO UNNECESSARY RESPECT AND FEAR. OYINBO IS AN ORDINARY HUMAN BEING JUST LIKE YOU.

8 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Opey4luv: The defence of this team is so poor, none of the players has the experience at the highest level to carry the team along.
The mid-field is kind of kinky, with Mikels experience and Mba's power, they can do wonders but am warning you, they will be chassing the ball around against Spain coz good mid-fielders are different from world class ones.
The attack is kind of bullshit, no Emenike. Keshi should have called back Osaze, this is a matter of National Football, personal grudges should be left out completely.

Conclusion: This team is great but can not withstand the passing of Spain nor the ruthlessness of Uruguay so I do not see Nigeria making it out of that group.
Another baseless Pessimist. Let the Matches start, He will start shouting; UP SUPER EAGLES Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by boron10(m): 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
damosky12:
Ogude, Mikel, Onazi, that midfield don block any opposition attack finish.
Bros you nor want make we attack at all? You for kuku suggest 7 defenders.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=abiodunbest]the super eagle team may have enough quality to stand toe to toe against their opposition as you truely said but not onto their boss (Uruguay and Spain).[/quote

Useless Oyinbo worshipper. Kuku go and kneel down for your "boss". Anu ofia.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by antap(m): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
kamez:

Lmao... My guy u be the first person to make me laugh for this forum In a very long time..... Still LMAO!!!
Na so bro cheesy
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by RedLight1: 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
churific: I like all the optimism from my fellow Super Eagle fan but with our Confederate Cup lineup, the only team we're beating is Tahiti. A draw with Uruguay would be close to a miracle and don't even mention an upset of Spain.
forget spain and all the gra gra. This is football,. Man on man. I believe that if we can't crush them, we will atleast pick a point

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by olojuede01: 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
boron10:
You may list the players to think are better than Keshi's players so we can have a meaningful debate.
In the middfield, i would pick Lukman Haruna. He was in fine form this last season defends and passes well, he also packs a mean shot in his right foot, someone in the mold of Lampard, I would also pick Martins ahead of the Gambo dude. He brings something else to the team. Most of the strikers in the team are similar. There is not really a fighter in the mold of Martins, Emenike and Odemwinge.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by olojuede01: 11:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
boron10:
You may list the players to think are better than Keshi's players so we can have a meaningful debate.
In the midfield, i would pick Lukman Haruna. He was in fine form this last season defends and passes well, he also packs a mean shot in his right foot, someone in the mold of Lampard, I would also pick Martins ahead of the Gambo dude. He brings something else to the team. Most of the strikers in the team are similar. There is not really a fighter in the mold of Martins, Emenike and Odemwinge.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
EMMAUGOH: [size=15pt]without emenike,we are finished....GAD WHAT IS THIS...[/size]

When did Emenike turn coach. The only reason you got to know him is becaus he was fielded. In fact, Go back to sleep.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by yoged(m): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
BrutusOj: dat is a lie..Ujah Anthony is faster n sharper dan Emenike...just watch out for him shud Keshi gives him enof playing time
wtf? Are u serious. Anthony ujah is poo. Only good with his head. Girrafe like player. All dose strikers we are taking to the confederation cup are totally bullsh1t. Akpala that couldnt even break into the weder bremen team. Illuck and inconsistence always follow ideye whenever he's playing for Nigeria right from his Under age team. So with the amount of Nigeria Striker playing abroad, na the likes of ujah,akpala we fit called? Yeahhhh, ikechukwu uche was poo during the nation cup, i believe he should have been invited. He's just having a bad day. He has pick up during the end of the season at villareal. Well, all still the same. Goodluck to the lads. As we did it during the nation cup. We'll do it again.#TEAM SUPER EAGLES. TEAM NO BULLSHIT.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Javi Martinez, Spain's defensive midfielder, may thwart most of the SE counter-attacks. He is very fast and mobile. He is in d team because Xabi Alonso was ruled out thru injury. Alonso/Martinez are the reasons why Spain is barely threatened by counter attacks, as these 2 midfielders sit pretty deep.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:

WHY? Spain get 15 players fr pitch ni? I just tire for the way Africans are always conquering themselves mentally. Del Bosque himself at the technical analysis of theAFCON singled out our S/E as the most technically gifted team in the competition and a contender for the Confederations cup. We don't have a bad record against Spain. Come to think of it, when has Naija ever truly been disgraced by any of these Oyinbo nations? Even at the World Cup in 2010, with Aguero, Messi, Tevez, Higuain and Lavezzi to our Martins and Yakubu, Argentina just managed to squeeze past us 1-0 with an avoidable set piece goal. So where do you guys get this sense of inferiority from? If we were Zimbabwe or Mozambique, I'd understand but for fk sake Nigeria has a better international record at tournaments than England and the Uruguay that people are swallowing Panadol for. You lot need to go see a psychologist to remove this deep seated fear of oyinbo superiority. Oyinbo is not superior in any way!
See, even Barca which is basically Spain's midfield went out and bought Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita, Alex Song etc. When was the last time any of these guys won against Nigeria in international footy? Yet they're good enough for this "best team in the world" and still my people will be swallowing Panadol where there is no headache. I just tire o

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by babaowo: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
born2fuckpussy:
Spain squad: Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool),
Valdes (Barcelona); Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid),
Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Monreal
(Arsenal), Pique (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Busquets
(Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Fabregas (Barcelona), Iniesta
(Barcelona), Martinez (Bayern Munich), Mata (Chelsea), Navas
(Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Silva (Manchester City) Xavi
(Barcelona); Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia), Villa
(Barcelona).
... aya min nja hehe! me heart is doing over heating.....
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
The Super Eagles shouldn't give undue respect to any team. They should attack/defend as a team. That's why Spain has been successful, every outfield player presses the opponent.

Also, unlike England, the Eagles shouldn't depend on one player to 'carry' the team. Everyone should play an equally important part in d team's success.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by IykeNipoga(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nice selection dia,I luv it.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by femi4: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
CFCfan: Fun facts:

*There are a total of 8 home-based players in the squad, and 4 uncapped players.

*Mikel Obi will be making his debut in a senior FIFA international tournament (Confed cup/World Cup)

*Nigeria is on a 17 game unbeaten run in competitive matches. The last loss in a competitive game was to Guinea in October 2010, in a 2012 AFCON qualifying match.
He was part of SA 2010 world cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fifa Best Player Awards : Is There A Conspiracy Against Dutch Players? / Danilo Feliciano de Moraes Is Dead, Son Of Cafu Dies Of Heart Attack / Benedict Ugwu Sacked As Manager During Nigeria Premier League Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.