Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

I Could Bench Terry - Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Could Bench Terry - Mourinho (509 Views)

WAS THIS THE GREATEST BENCH EVER?? (pic) / Brand New AB King Bench With Dumbbells @ ₦30,000 / Rower Sit-up ,bench Press And Weight At Reasonable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Could Bench Terry - Mourinho by oluwaoghene: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Jose Mourinho has warned Chelsea captain John Terry that he will pick players on merit, for their performances in matches and attitude during training.

He controversially dropped Spain and Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas from his team last season.

'I am a coach who looks for a meritocracy. Whoever I think is best must play - without looking at status or the past,' Mourinho told Spanish TV programme Punta Pelota.

'You play as you train. It is a normal situation.

Mourinho will have the final say on the player's future at the club as Terry has just one year remaining on his contract.

Although Mourinho has warned that players will be selected on form, he appreciates the benefits - including leadership and motivation - of having Terry as a consistent part of his back-line.

Mourinho is interested in bringing Porto centre-back Eliaquim Mangala to Stamford Bridge.

The 22-year-old helped the Portuguese side go unbeaten all season, winning the Primeira Liga and only conceding 14 goals in the process.

'As it was normal for me to leave [Marco] Materazzi, a mythical player at Inter Milan, on the bench. Or like Benitez this year at Chelsea with Terry.

'The fans can think that Iker is better than Diego [Lopez]. I accept that, but I am the coach. If they play or not, that is a problem for the player.'

I'm not sure Mourinho has totally forgiven Terry, He blamed Terry in part for his departure from Stamford Bridge back in 2007 but the pair have made up since.
http://futbolgist.com/2013/06/07/i-could-bench-terry/

(1) (Reply)

"Spending £100m On Bale Is Foolish" - Cesc Fabregas / Can Nigeria Survive Spain? / Nigeria Vs Spain & Uruguay Vs Tahiti.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.