Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State (1244 Views)

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS / Obasanjo With His Bicycle Near His Farm In Ota (Throwback Photo) / Custom Officers Kill Girl In Sango Ota, Ogun State(Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
: Armed Robbers Attacked Me with Loaded GUN:
“I Was “Hospitalized” and Traumatized for Over 2 Weeks”

Hello Nairalanders, my name is ENDY EDESON. I’m a blogger and a freelancer. I’m a regular visitor of this forum. I want to share with you the horrific incident I experienced in Ota Ogun State.
Tough times never last but tough people like me do. After the storm, comes the shine.
I was attacked by armed robbers two weeks ago, precisely on May 18, 2013. I live in Lagos but I shuttle around neigbouring states for business. I went to meet one of my clients in Ota Ogun State weeks back not knowing that armed robbers are also looking for clients. They came to rob around Iyana Iyesi area, unfortunately I was among the victims. They invaded me unannounced and when I lest expected them.
They took my phone, IPAD, all my money and other valuables, including my ATM Card. They even tried to steal my laptop that contains vital information about my business but I dragged it with them, I managed to escape from them with my laptop but the laptop screen got damaged. I have repaired the screen now.
The armed robbers used motorcycle (Okada) to operate. They were 3 in number, they beat me mercilessly. One of them pointed his gun at me to surrender my laptop or else he will shoot me, I thought I was going to die at that moment but fortunately he did not shoot me, rather he used the gun to smash on my face.
I sustained injuries after the attack, I was “hospitalized” and traumatized for over 2 weeks.
The good news is that I have recovered; I’m hale and hearty now.
I want the government of Ogun State especially ADO-ODO Ota Local Govt Area to intensify efforts in curbing robbery in Ota. Cases of robbery are becoming rampant in that area. Recently, robbers attacked Conoil Petrol Station along Covenant University Road/ Idi-roko road Ota, at least 2 persons were killed.

www.facebook.com/endy.edeson

Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Caracta(f): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Eeyah! Sorry. How is your face now? Pele.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
Caracta: Eeyah! Sorry. How is your face now? Pele.
Cheeks still swollen
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Caracta(f): 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Cheeks still swollen

Awwww. Wait...you are not the OP. How did you know? tongue
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by vizboy(m): 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Eeyah doe, sorry,udo,pele
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
Thank God you weren't killed! Sorry for your loss. It is well.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Gbawe: 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Man mi, sorry to hear of your plight. Thank God you are alive and well. This armed robbery menace is a serious problem for all hard-working Nigerians. I personally think the government must look bravely at State Policing. As currently convened, the Nigerian police force cannot combat crime effectively.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Garrithe1st: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sorry oooo
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Caracta:

Awwww. Wait...you are not the OP. How did you know? tongue
Didnt u see his pix where he is on afro
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Caracta(f): 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Didnt u see his pix where he is on afro

That's fat! Not swollen cheek.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Jakumo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hmmm this story get K-leg small o. First of all, na which kind name be ENDY EDESON ? Na Nigeria name be that one ?

And second of all, why you come post ya grandpapa picture from 1975, come talk say na you ?

Everybody know say that Afro hair style we ya grandpapa wear for this picture, na for 1985 that style don reign pass.

Anyway, Oga ENDY EDESON, if na true say army robber suffer you, I follow you rejoice say dem no send you go see ya ancestor dem for heaven. Dem get parable say man pikin when don see die for eye like this, no dey tire for run at all.

Wettin me I know be say that ya name, EDY EDESON, and that picture wey you come post here, of that long biya-biya man, all na fake o. Out of all lizard when lie-down for ground, na only the one when belle dey pain am go fiti know hinsef, and e get wettin snail witness for night, wey make am dey waka for afternoon.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Armed robbers held u at gunpoint and u still managed to drag and save your laptop from them.....

Abeg, give me the adress of your jujuman.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by quest003: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
At whaat time of d day did dis happen?
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Una Don bring Una Facebook nonsense come here abi? All this framed up stories with 2000 comments and 7600 likes.

Mods be aware
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
He is promoting his blog na. Abeg make una park well. This is his strategy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by kelvincoll(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Rukemi291: Armed robbers held u at gunpoint and u still managed to drag and save your laptop from them.....

Abeg, give me the adress of your jujuman.

I thot I read somewhere in post he said "they beat me mercilessly and smashed the gun on my face" ... And then "they tried to steal laptop with vital information in them but I dragged it with them and ran away"

Now, dem smash gun ur for face and u still hold laptop come sky away?
U sure it was a robbery attack of NURTW members playing JJC tinz wit u....lol

Whateva.. If true then thank God for u and nextime don't drag even ur boxers with armed men.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by ikweremilitant: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
vizboy: Eeyah doe, sorry,udo,pele
sorry mate dats d west for u
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
ikwere militant: sorry mate dats d west for u
Militant sef dey talk. Pls don't tribalise this. I try as much as possible not to be tribalistic. It happened in Nigeria not just the west
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
@Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm a nigerian, the pix is mine. I did not frame up this story. It happened to me.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Nuzo1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Thank goodness your life is intact after forming voltron with daredevils. Security 101: Don't try that next time.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by deor03(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
@OP and other Nairalanders

Back up your data in the cloud. For me, of anyone steals any od my devices, its just the hardware that's gone

I will gladly release my hardware, than have a nonentity point a gun on my face.
Re: A Nairalander Attacked By Armed Robbers In Ota, Ogun State by Kewt: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
deor03: @OP and other Nairalanders

Back up your data in the cloud. For me, of anyone steals any od my devices, its just the hardware that's gone

I will gladly release my hardware, than have a nonentity point a gun on my face.

How can this be done? I am interested. Do send a mail to jokked2000@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

Every State In Nigeria Should Be Thankful To The Oil Producing States/community / Tinubu Installs Daughter As New Iyaloja Of Lagos / Join Apc Youth Vanguard.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.