Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:32 AM

Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 (19605 Views)

My Candid Letter To Saraki By Dele Momodu / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Buhari's Response To Dele Momodu: My Thoughts... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
bakynes: I believe APC can win PDP in 2015 Presendential Elections, if they organize themselves properly.The population of the North and d SW is larger than the East and SS.The North doesn't want Jonathan which is very clear considering how the Northern Governors are teaming up against him and the SW which gave jonathan d edge over Buhari in d 2011 elections are nt happy with the way he is ruling d affairs of the Nation. So APC can win come 2015 if they conduct themselves properly.

o di egwu.

Are their not easterners n south-southerners in both SW n North? They wl also vote GEJ there.
GEJ himself said he won in the north cos of eastern votes ...

The truth of d matter is that 2015 elections will occur same way as d 2011 as far as GEJ contests with Buhari . Its even SW votes dat wl be divided cos d comments i read off other websites showed some westerners thinks Tinubu is a fraudster

Rochas cant divide any SE votes as far as he is going for VP. Same as Amaechi.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Melancholy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
I don't know wat to say, it just the best write-up to reckon with come 2015.GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by gbigbega: 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
OAM4J: His analysis sounds reasonable and convincing till he mentioned Ameachi as the best VP candidate for opposition. I doubt Ameachi or anyone from core South-south can give the opposition the votes they need against Jonathan. Oshiomole will even deliver more votes from SS than Ameachi. IMO, the best candidates for opposition VP position are Rochas and Fashola.

Fashola for his track records on performance will pull most of SW posts especially the undecided/neutral people. Rochas can divide SE votes between Jonathan and Opposition, cos some (who believe/know that there is no way GEJ can handover Presidency to SE after him) will see him as the most likely presidential candidate if Tambuwal/Buhari/whoever should win as president.

Overall, fair assessment.

I am beginning to be irritated by the the fact that everybody thinks next presidency must come from the north. For goodness sake, are all PDP members? If we are looking at taking power from GEJ, why must we be thinking it must go to a northerner. I cannot see what the Tambuwal has done for Nigeria that we think he deserves the presidency. This is a man whose House of representative members are accused of corruption on daily bases. I am sure he gets a cut from all the money they steal. More annoying is to line the likes of Ameachi, Okorocha and Fashola behind Tambuwal. Are you kidding me? Oh I know why, they are not from core north.

Nigerians must break the northern presidency jinx before we find ourselves along the same decadence trend they have always put us. As usual, they make the nation ungovernable for anyone who is nt from the north. When I say north, I mean core not, that is why they are not even thinking of the likes of David mark for presidency even though he is from north central.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
Obiagelli: Abeg make i finish this odeku before I comments make the thing no leak comot from my nose
I HERE BY WITHDRAW UR MARRIAGE BRIDE-PRICE,...
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by oluamid(m): 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
All these keyboard warriors sef.... undecided

The same people who are accusing the north of hoarding power are the same people who are saying "its Jonathan or nothing".

Have you people not learned? Must ethnic affiliations be the only reason you vote? What about those people from "obscure" tribes (e.g Alago tribe in Nasarawa state) when will it be their turn?

Am very tired of all these SW vs SS, SE vs North permutations. What I need is antecedents and performance levels. I'd rather see a man from Borno State (yes, Borno) become president than someone from my village if the guy from Borno will make sure I don't lack:
Electricity
Water
Motorable roads
Quality Education
3 square meals
Shelter
Employment

He may be from mars for all I care, once he's able to provide the above, he should be the president.

@topic
I see that most people can't read between the lines. The man said its his opinion (read point of view). He could be right, he could be wrong still, he is entitled to his views. You either present a better arguement, a worse one or STFU!! You don't need to cast aspersions on his person.

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
OAM4J: His analysis sounds reasonable and convincing till he mentioned Ameachi as the best VP candidate for opposition. I doubt Ameachi or anyone from core South-south can give the opposition the votes they need against Jonathan. Oshiomole will even deliver more votes from SS than Ameachi. IMO, the best candidates for opposition VP position are Rochas and Fashola.

Fashola for his track records on performance will pull most of SW posts especially the undecided/neutral people. Rochas can divide SE votes between Jonathan and Opposition, cos some (who believe/know that there is no way GEJ can handover Presidency to SE after him) will see him as the most likely presidential candidate if Tambuwal/Buhari/whoever should win as president.

Buhari ran in 2003 with Edwin Ume-Ezeoke as running mate and again in 2007 with Chuba Okadigbo as running mate. In all 2 occasions, he failed woefully in the South East. Be not deceived, the only thing that can split Jonathan's vote in the South East is a presidential candidate of Igbo extraction. Igbos are not swayed by vice presidential slots.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by doctimi(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pls I'll av to break rule 2...cos some comments sounds so imbecillic and quite pathetic. This is one of most interesting piece I av read on 2015 and some demented nairalanders couldn't just digest the message and save the photojournalist their smelly buCcal cavity. Nairaland should be rid of teenagers and sucklings!

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Mekky2010: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
If opposition's thought stream is flowing in the direction of this write up, then I ll better vote the devil I already know - GEJ; one thing is clear from this analysis, performance and what the candidate has to offer is completely irrelevant. The target is to occupy Aso Rock and simply replace the PDP acronym with APC, the rest can be business as usual. Aren't nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Lordwize(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
Take or leave it, this is a beautiful write-up. I like his concluding part and I quote 'we can, and will, only fall at the altar of greed and selfishness'. I know the opposition will not give ear to reason, they are not coming together based on any principle or ideas, but to amass wealth. Our politicians are the same, they are not selfless. God help Nigeria.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by peruso: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
And it failed again

Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by tomakint: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
Bob Dee made some valid points especially in the area of political strategies towards 2015 for both ends! However, I am on a contrary view why a Tambuwal should be in the equation at such a time like this, his jurisdiction reeks with incompetencies and lacklustre attitudes, are we going forward or backward with that suggestion? Fact: If Jonathan survives the 'hurdles' of PDP to emerge as the flagbearer, I can authoritatively declare by God's Grace that he will be our next President come 2015 cool
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by CrimzP(m): 10:48pm On Jun 08, 2013

Why can't someone from the south be president?? Must they always play the second fiddle?
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by sholasys: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2013
This guy is just forcing him self into Nigerian political theory and he always goofed. Analysis based on rumor, assumption and speculations will fade away with time as usual in Nigerian where different names will be mentioned, associates will be linked , sentiments, Religion etc will be used. He needs to come back to Nigeria and start studying from the root. U cant dictate Nigerian political direction, wait till the eve of elections - that's Nigeria for u
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by mayo47(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
oluamid: All these keyboard warriors sef.... undecided

The same people who are accusing the north of hoarding power are the same people who are saying "its Jonathan or nothing".

Have you people not learned? Must ethnic affiliations be the only reason you vote? What about those people from "obscure" tribes (e.g Alago tribe in Nasarawa state) when will it be their turn?

Am very tired of all these SW vs SS, SE vs North permutations. What I need is anticidents and performance levels. I'd rather see a man from Borno State (yes, Borno) become president than someone from my village if the guy from Borno will make sure I don't lack:
Electricity
Water
Motorable roads
Quality Education
3 square meals
Shelter
Employment

He may be from mars for all I care, once he's able to provide the above, he should be the president.

@topic
I see that most people can't read between the lines. The man said its his opinion (read point of view). He could be right, he could be wrong still, he is entitled to his views. You either present a better arguement, a worse one or STFU!! You don't need to cast aspersions on his person.

Am very tired of all these SW vs SS, SE vs North permutations. What I need is anticidents and performance levels. I'd rather see a man from Borno State (yes, Borno) become president than someone from my village if the guy from Borno will make sure I don't lack:
Electricity
Water
Motorable roads
Quality Education
3 square meals
Shelter
Employment

@topic

Electricity
Water
Motorable roads
Quality Education
3 square meals
Shelter
Employment

@topic

Electricity
Water
Motorable roads
Quality Education
3 square meals
Shelter
Employment

@topic
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by mayo47(m): 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
@oluamid
Yeah I agree so much with u, it's time for us to stop all these ethnic issues when comes to choosing our president or governors. I think we should more be concerned with who can deliver the expectations of Nigerians.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Olaone1: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
Politician ni egbon Dele undecided undecided
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
momodu has spoken d truth..but i'm wondering what he's actually scheming with all this talk.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
automaticcarzz: Nonsense! This is an idi0t whose only vote he got as Presidential candidate was from him alone. Even his wife didn't vote for him. The clown called Dele Momodu.
i don't think u even read the article
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
An0nimus: Just so you know: I read every single word. Well written I must say.
ok
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
From some pple's comment, it obvious they dint even read the article at all. Smh

mtprofessor5: plz cn sum1 sumarize d story....itz f¤¤kin 2 long....dnt hav patience 2 read
gosh! U pple are disappointing mehn angry well a saying goes dat "if u want to hide something from a black man put it in a book or in writing" you just proved it right. Mtcheww
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by automaticcarzz: 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
booqee: i don't think u even read the article
Of course I did! If he was that a political guru, why didn't he win when he contested? We are talking about Dele Momodu who was recently caught plagiarizing. Dele Momodu the "former scammer". Once a thief remains a thief.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by kponkedenge(m): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2013
booqee: From some pple's comment, it obvious they dint even read the article at all. Smh

gosh! U pple are disappointing mehn angry well a saying goes dat "if u want to hide something from a black man put it in a book or in writing" you just proved it right. Mtcheww
Ogbechi77 has ban me 4rm nysc section till august n he no dat batch b orientation date is 25 of dis mont he dos not want me 2 partake in d discusion is dis fair?
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 09, 2013
kponke denge:
Ogbechi77 has ban me 4rm nysc section till august n he no dat batch b orientation date is 25 of dis mont he dos not want me 2 partake in d discusion is dis fair?
chai! Wetin he talk say u do?? I'm sure its ur crazy 'news at ten' that landed you for wahala. grin
open another account with a new handle jare..i've missed ur madness in dat thread. embarassed
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Instead of Amaechi, why not Donald Duke for Vice-president?

Duke has got a proven track record
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 09, 2013
obo_man: Instead of Amaechi, why not Donald Duke for Vice-president?

Duke has got a proven track record

I like Donald Duke a lot. This is the type of people we should be supporting to run from SS.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Smartgunna: 12:54am On Jun 09, 2013
A lot of comments here confirmed a long lingering suspicion to me. Most people here don't read the threads before they punch their keyboards. They just look at the authors name and make comments that align with their political, ethno-religious inclinations. Sadly, nairaland is a microcosm of the disarray in the polity. People view things from their own crystal balls and "don't give a damn" about other people's concerns. I'm no Momodu fan but I thinks this is an insightful, mind stirring read. But seriously all these calculations and permutations are sadly what it is: just calculations and permutations! If anyone here believes that this or any PDP govt, will just give up power just like that, ballot or no ballot box, then u need to be examined. They are so entrenched in everyfacet of our national existence that only physical force can move them. Just like saying PDP will win Lagos...
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 09, 2013
automaticcarzz: Of course I did! If he was that a political guru, why didn't he win when he contested? We are talking about Dele Momodu who was recently caught plagiarizing. Dele Momodu the "former scammer". Once a thief remains a thief.
yeah you're right..i never even thought for once dat he had a chance in the past and still in the future. But my point is, on the outside though, this is not about himself or his political ambition, which you're outlining. It is his assessment of the coming elections which i think is almost sensible if not entirely sensible especially the jonathan and PDP analysis. But then this whole thing may just be some dirty arsse licking to gain cheap political popularity for himself..considerin his high praise of his over hyped tinubu.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by chukwumafabian(m): 1:03am On Jun 09, 2013
very nice write up by mr ovation.the truth however Ȋ̝̊̅§ dat politics Ȋ̝̊̅§ beyond well written articles.i tel U̶̲̥̅̊ elections r nt won on d pages of papers. GEJ Ȋ̝̊̅§ gona retain d pdp flag 4 2015,he z completely in control of all pdp state excos.1s he gets d ticket majority of d so called anti jonathan governors wil reach a compromise wth him n d north wil b deliverd 2 him.bak 2 d topic,tambuwal wunt b a bad option @ all bt i dnt trust dis our imaginary merger party.our politicians r unpredictable. d opposition z nt 2 b trusted,wunt b surprise if tinubu shifts 2 jonathan's camp a day 2 d election.Δά̲̣̥†̥s naija 4 U̶̲̥̅̊. My. Prediction, i don't c GEJ loosin d 2015 presidential election
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 09, 2013
The article is okayish until he brought looks into it.......

It makes the article sound gayish....

Who cares about good looks when our roads are death traps, no electricity ( hence why he moved ovation to Ghana), no security, high unemployment, etc...

I just want APC to present a formidable and capable candidate that has what it takes to solve Nigeria's problems...

What development has Rotimi embarked upon in Rivers State? Please help me if you from Rivers State..

Tambuwal has never managed any administrative position, so he has no track record we can access...( Dele, pls stop bringing foreign exposure and degree to it.. He trained as a lawyer, so what? angry angry angry . Most of our politicians have degrees and studied in the west, yet they have nothing to show for it..)

Ironically, most of our western educated-trained politicians govern like they've never seen any great civilization before.

Fashola and Oshiomole are better candidates.

If presidency must go to the north, then they have to present a very capable candidate ready to solve Nigeria's problems.

I personally do not know any politician from the north that is performing or has performed excellently well but if you know, please dig him out and let him come and run our affairs...

I don't care where the next president comes from, all I care about is a man that capable, ethnically neutral and has brain filled with ideas on how to solve Nigeria's problems...
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 09, 2013
For opposition to go anywhere, they need to sort themselves out sooner. Tambuwal and Fashola will be a better deal than Amaechi as VP. However, i dont see Tambuwal switching parties. For the opposition to stand a chance against GEJ, they have to field a reasonable Northerner along with Fashola. Then again, there arent many "marketable" northern leaders out there, the few existing are already within PDP. Buhari has to retire too. grin
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 09, 2013
Then again, with all the political prostitution going on right now....PDP and APC trading members everyday....even if APC wins, it will still be business as usual. APC members are mostly recycled disruntled PDP members.
Re: Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 09, 2013
nwanna89: Then again, with all the political prostitution going on right now....PDP and APC trading members everyday....even if APC wins, it will still be business as usual. APC members are mostly recycled disruntled PDP members.

Mention those APC members who were once disgruntled PDP members. I don't know why some of you believe status quo should continue. If you do something the same way all the time, you should expect the same result everytime. How did you come to the conclusion that if APC should defeat PDP, then status quo also continues? I hope you see good work of other Governors who defeated PDP Governors in various states are doing in Ondo, Oshun, Ogun, Oyo etc. These are states that PDP did nothing since 1999 except to rob people the devidend of democracy. PDP led states were left in state of despair until they were defeated by competent hands from the opposition parties.

Kindly give us the list of disgruntled PDP member who are now in APC. Was Tinubu or Buhari, Fashola, Lai, Bisi Akande part of PDP?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Makinde Withdrawal Of Support From PDP A Win For Tinubu? / Peter Obi Lists Atiku’s Priorities, Says Nigeria Will Be Reunited / Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.