Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,541 members, 7,888,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:03 PM

Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order (8862 Views)

MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area? / MASSOB Sit-At-Home Order In Anambra - Live Updates / Soldiers Flood Anambra Over Massob's Sit-at-home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Eziachi: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
ezeagu:

Although I support such a demonstration, I agree that MASSOB isn't the right group to handle anything, especially anything political. They have no direction and nothing but violence and confusion will come out of it unless they figure out what they want. They haven't even defined what 'Biafra' is yet and how many people within those border actually want to go with them, the economics, trade, international recognition, possible retaliation and so forth.
If you don't like MASSOB or felt superior to them or their effort, their method etc, please kindly form yours, let us Biafra look at it, if its the better alternative, we will follow you. But don't go on about something that you offered nothing but no alternative.
I can't speak for MASSOB, but I knew that they are everything but violence.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by TabletMan: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Eziachi: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm talking of the people based in the commercial towns of Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba and not people who are from these places. These commercial traders that i'm referring to are Igbo from all parts of Igboland, so i find it strange that you people would think i was referring to people of Anambra origin. There's no gain saying that Enugu is home to more Igbo elites than any other Igbo town, so the response in Enugu won't be as much as in the places that i mentioned previously. Other places with similar idiosyncrasies with Enugu are non-commercial towns such as Awka, Owerri, and Asaba.
Tell me any Igbo man who is worth anything that has no connection with commercial trading? Its our way of life and got nothing to do with your degrees.
I am an orthopedic surgeon of close to 40 years experience, but I had always been a trader irrespective. Its a total ignorance to characterized commercial trading as something subject to educational qualification or if you trade, you are some how less bright, intelligent or political aware than someone that sits in an office pushing files.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eziachi:
Tell me any Igbo man who is worth anything that has no connection with commercial trading? Its our way of life and got nothing to do with your degrees.
I am an orthopedic surgeon of close to 40 years experience, but I had always been a trader irrespective. Its a total ignorance to characterized commercial trading as something subject to educational qualification or if you trade, you are some how less bright, intelligent or political aware than someone that sits in an office pushing files.
I never said so. I was using the global definition of "Illiteracy". it doesn't mean that a trader is less bright or intelligent.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin

This Thread sweet my belle ahahahahahahahaha grin

Ndewo oooo Ndigbo ...... Abeg make una no stop oo grin grin grin

cool
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by passion007: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam, kindly desist from making further comments on the thread or trying to explain your position. You have used strong words no doubt and even I am against you on that account. There are people who lost loved ones, properties and so on to the violence up north and you conveniently sit behind a computer and insult their collective sensibilities. I am from Enugu like you but I wish you never made those comments. Never forget that people have feelings and you have no right to insult those feelings the way you just did.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by asha80(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
Tablet Man: Afam Why Can't U Accept That U Have Made A Mistake By That Statement Of Urs? Zona And Acm God Will Bless You Two For Saying The Real Fact Cos I Know Afam Is Typing Out Of Experience, i Swear With My Life 95% Of Massob Members Are From Ebonyi, Enugu And Imo... I Knw Quite Alot Abt Massob And I Knew Abt All Eastern Zone Cos I Have Lived At Almost All Eastern State... Categorically Massob Has Their Headquarter At Okwe Imo State Bt Their Operational Headquarter Is At Onitsha because 75% Of Igbos Living At Onitsha Is Nt From Anambra State... Anambra People Has The Highest Number Of Migrant In Igbo Land And In Nigeria At Large Datz Why U Can't See An Anambra Man Begging Like Enugu And Abakaliki People Cos They Travelled Afar Just To Make Their Life Comfortable For Them... I Am Disappointed When I Saw Some Imo Peeps Shouting That They Are The Most Educated People In Nigeria While Non Of Their Secondry School Has Won The COWBELL MATHS COMPETITION And Non Of Their Universities Has Emerged Among The Top 30 In Best Nigerian University... SmH... Their Lame Governor Introduce Free Education For Them In That Their Old Retarded University... LOL... Afam Come To Onitsha And See For Urself That Onitsha Has Two Town, One Of Them Is Enu OniCha That Is Been Filled With Onitsha Indigenes, In That Enu OniCha There Is Nothing Like Massob Cos They Are Always In War With MassobIans 50 of Onitsha indigenes Are Lawyers By Profession, U Can Come And Verify That During The OBI Ofala Festival This Year. Enugu, Ebonyi And Imo Are The People Spoiling And Trashing The Image Of Onitsha With Their So Called Massob Motives... Onitsha And Nnewi Has The Record Of Most Successful Igbo Business Men. Even When It Comes To People Presently Living In The City Onitsha And Nnewi Are Far Better Than Enugu Is Just That Bad Eggs Are Rocking The Good Ones... Imo Has The Highest Number Of Unemployed Youths... Smh
lack of comprehension is a disease.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by TabletMan: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Tablet Man: Anambra People Has The Highest Number Of Migrant In Igbo Land And In Nigeria At Large Datz Why U Can't See An Anambra Man Begging Like Enugu And Abakaliki People Cos They Travelled Afar Just To Make Their Life Comfortable For Them... I Am Disappointed When I Saw Some Imo Peeps Shouting That They Are The Most Educated People In Nigeria While Non Of Their Secondry School Has Won The COWBELL MATHS COMPETITION And Non Of Their Universities Has Emerged Among The Top 30 In Best Nigerian University... SmH... Their Lame Governor Introduce Free Education For Them In That Their Old Retarded University... LOL... Afam Come To Onitsha And See For Urself That Onitsha Has Two Town, One Of Them Is Enu OniCha That Is Been Filled With Onitsha Indigenes, In That Enu OniCha There Is Nothing Like Massob Cos They Are Always In War With MassobIans 50 of Onitsha indigenes Are Lawyers By Profession, U Can Come And Verify That During The OBI Ofala Festival This Year. Enugu, Ebonyi And Imo Are The People Spoiling And Trashing The Image Of Onitsha With Their So Called Massob Motives... Onitsha And Nnewi Has The Record Of Most Successful Igbo Business Men. Even When It Comes To People Presently Living In The City Onitsha And Nnewi Are Far Better Than Enugu Is Just That Bad Eggs Are Rocking The Good Ones... Imo Has The Highest Number Of Unemployed Youths... Smh
And one would think this dude has come to helep matter !!!

SMH 4 una style of processing issues ...... There is still a very long way to go even in this new dispensation until clan's mentality and superiority complex is totally eradicated !!!

Me dey enjoy una sha ooo grin too sweet to be ignored !!
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Abagworo(m): 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/13943-
enugu-massob-sit-at-home-order-records-success.html

THE sit-at-home order given by the outlawed Movement
for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra
(MASSOB) in the southeast on Saturday recorded a
partial success in Enugu as some residents observed the
order.
Although the police in the state had asked residents to
go about their normal activities and assured them of
protection, this however did not deter residents from
staying away from their businesses.
The Enugu main market, the new market and Kenyetta
market, though opened for business had most of its
shops under lock and key, even as few buyers were
noticed making purchases.
In some areas in Nsukka, Sunday Tribune discovered that
members of the group blocked major roads with used
tyres, which they also set fire on.
Armed policemen had, as early as 5.00am on Saturday,
started patrolling the nooks and crannies of the state,
dismantling blockades put up by the group.
Signs that the sit at home order may succeed thickened
on Friday night when it was made the centre of
discussions in every public place.
Apprehension however, heightened when there was
power outage in the state, thereby leaving residents at
the mercy of street lights and generating sets.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Abagworo(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
Tablet Man: Afam Why Can't U Accept That U Have Made A Mistake By That Statement Of Urs? Zona And Acm God Will Bless You Two For Saying The Real Fact Cos I Know Afam Is Typing Out Of Experience, i Swear With My Life 95% Of Massob Members Are From Ebonyi, Enugu And Imo... I Knw Quite Alot Abt Massob And I Knew Abt All Eastern Zone Cos I Have Lived At Almost All Eastern State... Categorically Massob Has Their Headquarter At Okwe Imo State Bt Their Operational Headquarter Is At Onitsha because 75% Of Igbos Living At Onitsha Is Nt From Anambra State... Anambra People Has The Highest Number Of Migrant In Igbo Land And In Nigeria At Large Datz Why U Can't See An Anambra Man Begging Like Enugu And Abakaliki People Cos They Travelled Afar Just To Make Their Life Comfortable For Them... I Am Disappointed When I Saw Some Imo Peeps Shouting That They Are The Most Educated People In Nigeria While Non Of Their Secondry School Has Won The COWBELL MATHS COMPETITION And Non Of Their Universities Has Emerged Among The Top 30 In Best Nigerian University... SmH... Their Lame Governor Introduce Free Education For Them In That Their Old Retarded University... LOL... Afam Come To Onitsha And See For Urself That Onitsha Has Two Town, One Of Them Is Enu OniCha That Is Been Filled With Onitsha Indigenes, In That Enu OniCha There Is Nothing Like Massob Cos They Are Always In War With MassobIans 50 of Onitsha indigenes Are Lawyers By Profession, U Can Come And Verify That During The OBI Ofala Festival This Year. Enugu, Ebonyi And Imo Are The People Spoiling And Trashing The Image Of Onitsha With Their So Called Massob Motives... Onitsha And Nnewi Has The Record Of Most Successful Igbo Business Men. Even When It Comes To People Presently Living In The City Onitsha And Nnewi Are Far Better Than Enugu Is Just That Bad Eggs Are Rocking The Good Ones... Imo Has The Highest Number Of Unemployed Youths... Smh

The kind of impression the Anambrians on Nairaland give of Imo, I wonder where they got it from or is it just a figment of their own imagination. If any bad news emerges from Imo, they seem to join non-Igbos in celebrating it while most Imo guys accept most bad news from Anambra or other Southeast States as our mistakes. Is that how their Biafra will be? Chi ekwekwala h'ojoo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by ezeagu(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eziachi:
If you don't like MASSOB or felt superior to them or their effort, their method etc, please kindly form yours, let us Biafra look at it, if its the better alternative, we will follow you. But don't go on about something that you offered nothing but no alternative.
I can't speak for MASSOB, but I knew that they are everything but violence.

I admit that I do not have an alternative, but I know that by the way MASSOB is presenting itself that they aren't perceived as a 'serious' group. Give me a declaration, give me a defined map of the proposed 'Biafra' because the old Biafra is certainly dead, give me a plan of how this new country will fill the inevitable power vacuum after independence, evacuation procedures incase of any violence to indigenous Biafrans 'abroad', give me methods on securing recognition by major economies, then I'll apologise for the statement I made. Maybe 'Biafra's enemies' say some truth when they say everyone should learn from the past.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by ifyalways(f): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
Classic !
Afam voices his opinion and the hawks wants to tear him apart.
Yeye people cheesy always want to shove down their opinion down everyone's throat. I dunno why y'all think every Igbo man gives a damn bout Massob or Biafra undecided
What was the sit-at-home for and did it achieve that purpose?

Btw,Obi don dey do small small work for Anambra. Hope dey cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
jason123: I have always said it here. Enugu and Imo peeps are the best set of Igbos in Nigeria.
You can say that again
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: AFAM! AFAM!! AFAM!!! UGBORO OLE KA M KPORO AHA GI? IJI KWA AHU? LEKWA UDIRI OKWU SI GI N'ONU PUTA? YOU ARE SPEWING TRASH BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM ENUGU STATE. IF THIS HAD HAPPENED IN ANOTHER SE STATE YOU WOULDN'T SAY NONSENSE!

DOROKWA AKA NA NTI GI AFAM!! WERE IRE GI GUO EZE GI!! angry angry
Am with Afam on this one
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
Uclloyd28: Afam4eva is not truly ibo. Insulting Anambra people for no just cause and yet u pride yourself as a matured, right thinking fellow. U are bound to betrayal the ibos if given the chance. Nkita rachakwa gi ike idiot!

BTW, Am from Imo.
Oh he his no longer igbo, tell me more
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2013

Trash! You are not an Igbo,and even if u are, you are not reasoning well.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
Obiagelli:
You can say that again

The dude you just agreed with,is a yoruba guy. Use your brain,what do you think he aims to achieve with that statement?
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by SouthEast: 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.

But everything considered, Anambra and Abia and Imo (states where MASSOB is strong) are at a far higher educational advantage than Enugu.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by mekaboy(m): 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Lol, Ndigbo we are one oo, anyi bu ofu.

Most massob members are traders, onitsha is dominated mainly by traders, most activities in onitsha depend on traders. Onitsha had a group called Omata that was after the welfare of traders. I am sure most of the omata joined massob.

Enugu is dominated by civil servants and less commercial activities, so its no surprise massob has little or no effect in enugu.

The massob group is made up of people from all over igbo land. most of them are youths from all over igbo land, who have little or nothing doing, who believe that they will have biafra country one day, and if they fight and achieve it, they will automatically become presidents, governors and minister of the country because they fought for it. While some see it as an opportunity to extort money from igbos in the guise of fighting for biafra.

I have not seen any serious igbo business man who has time for that massob thing. Are they going to leave their warehouse and containers and follow massob members to run the street.

And the sooner our leaders gather these youths let them know they are wasting their time and engage them in something more productive, the soldiers will keep killing them and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
mekaboy: Lol, Ndigbo we are one oo, anyi bu ofu.

Most massob members are traders, onitsha is dominated mainly by traders, most activities in onitsha depend on traders. Onitsha had a group called Omata that was after the welfare of traders. I am sure most of the omata joined massob.

Enugu is dominated by civil servants and less commercial activities, so its no surprise massob has little or no effect in enugu.

The massob group is made up of people from all over igbo land. most of them are youths from all over igbo land, who have little or nothing doing, who believe that they will have biafra country one day, and if they fight and achieve it, they will automatically become presidents, governors and minister of the country because they fought for it. While some see it as an opportunity to extort money from igbos in the guise of fighting for biafra.

I have not seen any serious igbo business man who has time for that massob thing. Are they going to leave their warehouse and containers and follow massob members to run the street.

And the sooner our leaders gather these youths let them know they are wasting their time and engage them in something more productive, the soldiers will keep killing them and nothing will happen.
Sensible post !!!

Nna,How easy is it for some dude to declare a brother Non-Igbo when such aired a contrary view !!!

Sweetthread cool
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by mekaboy(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
Lol, Ndigbo we are one oo, anyi bu ofu.

Because I wonder how having the biafran country will change their life. Someone who is jobless in Nigeria will be jobless in Biafra. Someone who is not educated in Nigeria won't automatically become educated in biafra.

Let this massob group dissolve into a security outfit to ensure that armed robbery and kidnapping is history in the east. Then we can have massive foreign investment.

I will not be part of a biafra where kidnappers and armed robbers still exist.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by OneNaira6: 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.

When you have non Igbo that attack you on daily basis and call you a bigot praising you when you write something that's obviously insulting to your people yet you still don't see it after others explained it to you, says alot about who you are as a person

from ramification, you are calling anambra, asaba, ogwashi, ebonyi, imo, etc that did the sit at home completely or partially psuedo illiterates all because they decided to forget money for one day and mourn the dead of your people. SMH. If i go buy your unnecessary sterotyping i can counteract by claiming since enugu couldn't close their shop for one day that they are money hungry and greedy. saying that would be an insult. Going around mentioning you speak about all Igbo communities in Enugu doesn't justify what you wrote. No matter how you spin it, it is still an insult to non-enugu residents. what you wrote and your spin off implies that igbo individuals/ traders living outside enugu are all psuedo illiterates. only enugu has all educated beings abi. SMH. last time i checked if we go by nigeria statistics in regards to igboland, enugu score second to last in terms of education/literacy while anambra and imo score the highest. I'm slowly starting to understand why Anambra people descend and insult Enugu people. some of una have no ounce of respect outside your own. SMH. say sorry when you know you are wrong instead of fighting and still insulting in your explanation. Also know that enugu is wrong for this. Massob didn't ask anyone join them fight for Biafra, they asked una to MOURN the dead of your people. So what if they threatened those that refuse to oblige; whatthey asked for is still a good enough reason to oblige. It's sad people in Enugu didnot follow through. All it shows is they care very little about igbos that died unjustly; it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact they are more "educated". SMH

secondly, your whole bs about traders being pseudo illiterates is pathetic. My father is in the trading business and have done very very well for himself. he closed all his shops yesterday for the sit at home including the ones he has in Onitsha. last time i checked, the man holds a phD

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by SouthEast: 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2013

I will not be part of a biafra where kidnappers and armed robbers still exist.

Nwanna, then you will have to show which country (I mean globally) that does not have kidnappers and armed robbers.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by OneNaira6: 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
pazienza:

The dude you just agreed with,is a yoruba guy. Use your brain,what do you think he aims to achieve with that statement?

click obiagelli post and read her own post, you'll soon realize she is not even what she pretends to be. don't let the name "obiagelli" fool you
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by mekaboy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
SouthEast:

Nwanna, then you will have to show which country (I mean globally) that does not have kidnappers and armed robbers.

I can deal with armed robbers and kidnappers in other countries or parts of the world but not my own home. Charity begins at home they say, let massob start at home , get rid of armed robbery and kidnapping and show ndigbo what biafra will look like. Then we will join them. For now massob has not produced anything meaningful.

They have not even engaged in environmental sanitation. Not even set up a skill acquisition center to equip the youths. All they are doing is looking for who to extort money from.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by SouthEast: 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
mekaboy:

I can deal with armed robbers and kidnappers in other countries or parts of the world but not my own home. Charity begins at home they say, let massob start at home , get rid of armed robbery and kidnapping and show ndigbo what biafra will look like. Then we will join them. For now massob has not produced anything meaningful.

They have not even engaged in environmental sanitation. Not even set up a skill acquisition center to equip the youths. All they are doing is looking for who to extort money from.

So you believe anyone can rid any country of kidnappers and robbers? Why has America with all its power and gadgets, not done so?
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Abagworo(m): 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2013

This is the real truth. Chikeruwa gozie gi.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by mekaboy(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
SouthEast:

So you believe anyone can rid any country of kidnappers and robbers? Why has America with all its power and gadgets, not done so?

Will you compare the population of america to Ndigbo? Yes we can get rid of armed robbery in the east in the following ways.

Create and agenda, which all igbos will focus on to achieve. This agenda will unite ndigbo and anyone who does anything against the agenda is an enemy to ndigbo. So if your a kidnapper and armed robber in alaigbo, you are no longer robbing or kidnapping an individual but the whole igboland.

Create employment and skill acquisition centers and motivates youths to pickup a skill.

Setup an attractive vigilante package where youths engage in security activities in their state for 2yrs and get automatic scholarship into the university or free skill training or enrollment into the Nigerian police or army. Then providing security becomes attractive.

But when igbos are busy attacking and killing each other on and offline, how can we unite and achieve anything.

Until we get it right at home,outsiders will not take us serious.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Gboliwe: 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's the truth.

There's a reason why you rarely hear of MASSOB wahala in Enugu and that's because it's the sanest city in Igboland and it probably houses the most educated.
smh undecided
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Gboliwe: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
jamp:

Afam u are d disgrace to igbo race.

If u like ban me
i agree with you. He wont ban you now but be careful, you have been blacklisted.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
[/quote]
pazienza:

The dude you just agreed with,is a yoruba guy. Use your brain,what do you think he aims to achieve with that sta[quote author=pazienza]

pazienza:

r ttement?

The impostor that goes by the name obiagelli is not igbo.Click on her profile and check up her post history.

@Afam

I think a public apology would be in order.You goofed big time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flashback Pictures Of Nigeria Civil War / Extortion: Shehu Sani Has A Case To Answer, Says EFCC / Unlawful Arrest: Deji Adeyanju Sue's IGP As Senate Orders Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.