Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,930 members, 7,919,016 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:40 PM

Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars (1917 Views)

So Cool! Dubai Police Showcase Fleet Of Luxury Patrol Supercars / Check Out Our Fleet Of Cars At Praise Him Auto. Satisfaction On Wheels!!! / Supercars! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by Dotman01(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2013
POLICE in Dubai have taken delivery of a
fleet of exotic supercars capable of catching
even the fastest felon.
After unveiling a £300k Lamborghini Aventador
last month
, authorities have now added a Ferrari, Bentley,
Mercedes and a £1.6m Aston Martin One-77 to
the force.
All vehicles, in full livery, are capable of doing
over 190mph and some motorists are thought to
have actually BEGGED to be arrested in the
hope they can be taken back to the local nick in
one of the mega-buck motors.
Beat street ... Ferrari FF

The UAE is known for its multi-millionaire
petrolheads who drive around the wealthy state
in some of the world’s finest cars.
The police recently announced anyone caught
exceeding 125mph would face legal action and it
is hoped the presence of the 700bhp supercars
will make boy racers think twice.
Bling ... Bentley

Deaths on the road are a common occurrence in
the UAE, with one person killed in a traffic
incident every 26 hours.
Most of the deaths are caused by speeding,
driving without a seatbelt and driving while using
mobile phones.
Sleek ... Lamborghini Aventado
Officer Khalifa Abdullah Mohammad, 25, has
been patrolling Dubai in the Lamborghini police
car for the past six weeks.
He said: “I have issued about 30 tickets to
drivers blocking the traffic and parking in
prohibited places.
“But the most amazing thing about driving such
a car is how people look at you with a big
smile.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4940951/Police-in-Dubai-get-fleet-of-supercars.html

Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by Dotman01(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2013
Mercedes SLS Gullwing

Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by Dotman01(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
Camaro, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF.

Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by luvablesam(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
This people just misuse money
Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by ophilly: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
luvable sam: This people just misuse money
Exactly, this is gross misuse of tax payers money. Yes, they have the money, instead of spending it on frivolities like this, why can't they assist poor countries like "Nigeria"
Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by 3ace(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2013
ophilly: Exactly, this is gross misuse of tax payers money. Yes, they have the money, instead of spending it on frivolities like this, why can't they assist poor countries like "Nigeria"

Who told you that Nigeria is poor? The fact that a person appears poor doesn't mean he's poor. Forget the budget of N4.5T. This country makes far more than that in a year. You have to be in the oil and gas sector to know this and our leaders will never let it out. Why do you think the PIB is yet to be made law? I almost said that any country that gives Nigeria money is foolish but they are not because we all know why they do it in most cases. Your dear country has the financial muscle do exactly what Dubai has done but our corrupt leaders won't because they don't want you to know how rich your country is and they prefer such money ends in their pockets. So my brother, Nigeria is not poor. Our problem is corruption. I agree with you on the extravagance. Why waste money on sports cars for the police. Shey na formula 1 dem wan dey do for busy road ni?

1 Like

Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by chccho(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2013
Nigerians always complaining,wats ur biz if dey use jets as their police cars,is it ur money? or are the tax payers complaining to u?
we dont have light,water,roads,boko haram,corruption are not also paying tax like dem in dubai wat does ur govt give u in return? and yet u ve d guts to complain bout 1 of the best places (dubai) in the world.
we need to start thinkn before we post on forums like dis,and remove d spec in ur own eyes before u remove others
Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by nerodenero: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
ophilly: Exactly, this is gross misuse of tax payers money. Yes, they have the money, instead of spending it on frivolities like this, why can't they assist poor countries like "Nigeria"
I agree with you totally that it is gross misuse of tax payers money but even if Dubai sends this money to help Nigeria,what makes you think the money will be judiciously used to help the poor masses?You and I know for sure that it will definitely ends up in a foreign account.My brother,this country sucks and our leaders should be held for what this great country has become.
Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by 3ace(m): 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
chccho: Nigerians always complaining,wats ur biz if dey use jets as their police cars,is it ur money? or are the tax payers complaining to u?
we dont have light,water,roads,boko haram,corruption are not also paying tax like dem in dubai wat does ur govt give u in return? and yet u ve d guts to complain bout 1 of the best places (dubai) in the world.
we need to start thinkn before we post on forums like dis,and remove d spec in ur own eyes before u remove others

Please relax now. This is just a mere thread for discussion. You don't have to attack anybody and if you must, do it gentlemanly. Or do you want to tell me that you've never discussed issues that have no direct effect on your life before? Agreed, it is none of our business and whatever we say here won't make them discontinue it. But the truth of the matter is that the policy will be counterproductive. A police that puts his car on a sudden burst of speed in q bid to catch up with an offender whose car is moving above speed limit jeopardises his life, offender's and that of passer-by. The recent Ikeja-Along incident is a good example. I believe there are better ways of nabbing them than putting lives at risk. Moreover, there are some usual cars fast enough to do the job. I think they are just showing how rich they are. lol at those begging to be arrested in order to have a feel of the ride.
Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by chccho(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Well maybe they are just showing off
Re: Incredible; Police In Dubai Get Fleet Of Supercars by Dotman01(m): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2013
relax guys, I dont even think UAE citizens pay taxes

(1) (Reply)

Rav4 2000 Clean Used And Pimped With Subwoofer System 750k Firm / Registered Suzuki Apv Minibus 2010 For Sale 1.4 Million Naira Ac Working / Bought Brand New 5months Reg 2015 Toyota Camry LE... Asking Price: ₦6.6million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.