Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,079 members, 7,931,699 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:56 AM

Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC (2703 Views)

Atiku Kicks Against Automatic Ticket For Buhari / 2015: PDP Considers Automatic Ticket For Jonathan / Governors To Obasanjo: No Automatic Ticket For Jonathan & Tukur Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by Ikengawo: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
payless: Showing respect for an elderly person does not mean you worship or agree with them everytime. Even Obama (the world's most powerful man) bowed down for Saudi King.

you posted 1 man kneeling to receive a prayer and one man bowing to two monarchs
who's king is Buhari? elder ngeri?
how old is Tinubu? mcheww
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by mekaboy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
APC will not stand the test of time, buhari will not step down for anybody and the party members will leave once he is the presidential candidate. So opposition has failed.

If gej wins automatic ticket, opposition will fail, the only hope for APC is Rochas president and Fashiola VP.

Atleast SE, SS, SW and MB will vote them. But the not might decline. But they stand a chance with this combination.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
mekaboy: APC will not stand the test of time, buhari will not step down for anybody and the party members will leave once he is the presidential candidate. So opposition has failed.

If gej wins automatic ticket, opposition will fail, the only hope for APC is Rochas president and Fashiola VP.

Atleast SE, SS, SW and MB will vote them. But the not might decline. But they stand a chance with this combination.

SS will vote for no one other than GEJ. SW will not support anyone from SE. Rochas has no serious base. Let GEJ simply finish his 2nd term. He is not the best but certainly not the worst we have had. FASHOLA might not do well as a president; he has been draconian and has even deported Nigerians from Lagos. Lagos is only 1/36 of Nigeria; too complex for Fasola to handle.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by tomakint: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
teskyg: Fashola,pls fix Lagos first.If you can't fix the traffic problem,flood,bad road,Tout,double taxation,and so many problems in Lagos since you took over the helm of affairs even with the fact that Lagos was once a capital of Nigeria with so many federal Government project left behind,please explain to us how you intend to change Nigeria if you can fix Lagos.
Abeg tell those naive-minded ones how to reason! Let them gather their mercenaries together, Jonathan still stand
https://www.nairaland.com/do_newpost
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
The OP is one of those suffering from Fasholanitis and should be IGNORED. Everyone knows Fashola's political career will reach a DEAD END in 2015, except of cause the few inflicted with Fasholanitis.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by brownlord: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Neo-XVI:
So I was discussing with a friend and he brought up this idea that I haven't heard anyone mention before. How about Gov Fashola as the presidential candidate for APC and GMB as the VP?

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes

@OP, You and your friend needs help, why i will advise you ask your friend to see a psychiatrist i think you need to visit ombatese for spiritual cleansing to get over this madness of yours, Fashola and Buhari, in which country

1. Buhari wont want to be a boy to Fash.
2. Nigerians dont trust buhari enough to vote him either for president or vice, hes old and should retire
3. Muslim/Muslim ticket? joke of the century, we are not yet ripe for that to trust a religiously divided country as ours to one religion, certainly not muslim.
4. Northerners have ruled this nation for over 30 years, why must they be either in the no. 1 or 2 position, what happen to Fashola/Rochas, or Fashola/Oshiomole must any of the first 2 position be given to the north?

My friend, if this the place of APC, then i think they will remain in opposition till 2019
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
brownlord:

@OP, You and your friend needs help, why i will advise you ask your friend to see a psychiatrist i think you need to visit ombatese for spiritual cleansing to get over this madness of yours, Fashola and Buhari, in which country

1. Buhari wont want to be a boy to Fash.
2. Nigerians dont trust buhari enough to vote him either for president or vice, hes old and should retire
3. Muslim/Muslim ticket? joke of the century, we are not yet ripe for that to trust a religiously divided country as ours to one religion, certainly not muslim.
4. Northerners have ruled this nation for over 30 years, why must they be either in the no. 1 or 2 position, what happen to Fashola/Rochas, or Fashola/Oshiomole must any of the first 2 position be given to the north?

My friend, if this the place of APC, then i think they will remain in opposition till 2019

Na wa o. Guy you can make your points in pigeon English. No be by force. See person wey dey tell someone to see psychiatrist meanwhile im dey yarn incoherence like drunkard.

Muslim/muslim ticket is joke of the century and two southerners on a ticket is not? See logic. Meanwhile you guys should stop persecuting the north for the military head of states we've had. Under civilian rule, it has been balanced, with the south having the edge.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
Neo-XVI:

You only just need to view threads here to perceive that. There's still the civil war trust deficit as to the motives of an Igbo man, and only more time practicing democracy will heal that. The continuous talk of Biafra among SEasterners has also not helped to put that episode in our past.
Even in the south-east, Rochas will find it difficult cos outside Imo, people see him as stepping out ahead of his time in national politics. He should conclude two terms and prove himself, then he'll be ready. Take the country by regions: SE, SS, SW, NW, NE, NC. Put Rochas up against Fashola and except for SE and possibly SS, Fashola will do better in the regions, IMO

What brazen cockiness. Before you finally hit the aro mental home, please tell me why the North, who using Boko Haram, has done all they could to destabilize the country should be allowed to rule and why MASSOB who only rants and has not done any tangible thing to achieve their call should not be. Can you mention any notable Igbo politician who supports MASSOB? Tell me why the south-South (GEJ) was allowed to rule after ND militants bombed uncountable oil installations and nearly crippled the economy? And as a caveat I support GEJ 100%.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
SouthEast:

SS will vote for no one other than GEJ. SW will not support anyone from SE. Rochas has no serious base. Let GEJ simply finish his 2nd term. He is not the best but certainly not the worst we have had. FASHOLA might not do well as a president; he has been draconian and has even deported Nigerians from Lagos. Lagos is only 1/36 of Nigeria; too complex for Fasola to handle.

That is exactly the attitude that will keep us a third world country for decades to come: mediocrity.
While Fashola has his faults (I've often criticized some of his policies myself) he has VISION. Very important. He has a good grasp of what needs to be done. He will be able to fix the big things that will set the economy on a roll. GEJ has neither the vision nor the charisma or know-how to even lead a local government.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

That is exactly the attitude that will keep us a third world country for decades to come: mediocrity.
While Fashola has his faults (I've often criticized some of his policies myself) he has VISION. Very important. He has a good grasp of what needs to be done. He will be able to fix the big things that will set the economy on a roll. GEJ has neither the vision nor the charisma or know-how to even lead a local government.

Soludo has the vision and the intelligence. Can you support him?
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2013
SouthEast:

What brazen cockiness. Before you finally hit the aro mental home, please tell me why the North, who using Boko Haram, has done all they could to destabilize the country should be allowed to rule and why MASSOB who only rants and has not done any tangible thing to achieve their call should not be. Can you mention any notable Igbo politician who supports MASSOB? Tell me why the south-South (GEJ) was allowed to rule after ND militants bombed uncountable oil installations and nearly crippled the economy? And as a caveat I support GEJ 100%.

I think you know the answer to that. GEJ was supported mostly out of sympathy for the SS. The MEND guys were never calling for secession, but for resource control, and they had very good reason. The region had suffered decades of neglect while never producing a president for all the money the federation gets from there.

MASSOB, on the other hand, have not articulated any credible reason why they want to secede. All they call for is Biafra, WITHOUT a proven reason why. See the difference?

BH is a relatively new phenomenon. There's no established link to GMB, Tambuwal or any of the pols you hear people mentioning for national office. Besides the North is too big to ignore on a presidential ticket. A credible pol from the region should be on the ticket
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 12:16am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

I think you know the answer to that. GEJ was supported mostly out of sympathy for the SS. The MEND guys were never calling for secession, but for resource control, and they had very good reason. The region had suffered decades of neglect while never producing a president for all the money the federation gets from there.

MASSOB, on the other hand, have not articulated any credible reason why they want to secede. All they call for is Biafra, WITHOUT a proven reason why. See the difference?

BH is a relatively new phenomenon. There's no established link to GMB, Tambuwal or any of the pols you hear people mentioning for national office. Besides the North is too big to ignore on a presidential ticket. A credible pol from the region should be on the ticket

What is the connection between MASSOB and Igbo politicians?
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:18am On Jun 10, 2013
SouthEast:

Soludo has the vision and the intelligence. Can you support him?

Yes. IF he leaves the PDP. Remember the slogan "vote for Jonathan, not PDP"? How did that work out for us? The party is too evil right now and no one will succeed as president in that party. The entire party structure is built on corruption - chop make I chop. They have to lose elections before they can be motivated to make changes.

Besides, Soludo couldn't win Anambra, among his own people. What prospects does he have with national elections?
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 12:20am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Yes. IF he leaves the PDP. Remember the slogan "vote for Jonathan, not PDP"? How did that work out for us? The party is too evil right now and no one will succeed as president in that party. The entire party structure is built on corruption - chop make I chop. They have to lose elections before they can be motivated to make changes.

Besides, Soludo couldn't win Anambra, among his own people. What prospects does he have with national elections?

Why should he leave the PDP? Are you that intolerant? You want everyone to belong to ACN? ACN is not corrupt, right? You are a joker. Anambra won't be voting Soludo for president, Nigerians would.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 12:22am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Besides, Soludo couldn't win Anambra, among his own people.

Will you vote for Gov Chime? He has been tested for 8 years and done very well in Enugu.

Will you vote for Ezekwesili? She has proven herself over and over again to be competent
Will you vote for Pat Utomi? He is Igbo and in ACN.

Will you vote FOR Obi? He has done well in Anambra and he is not PDP
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by Tunsbobo(m): 12:30am On Jun 10, 2013
Some people live in a fanatical and symphathetic world of their own! The op of this topic is probably one the numerous jobless minions that parade the dusty streets of Nigeria! I mean, Fashola and Buhari? Honestly, i didn't expect the degree of idiocy of any Nigerian to be this high!
Punchline: The Op should be offered a job, no matter how dirty it might seem would ultimately improve his derailed plight!
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:33am On Jun 10, 2013
SouthEast:

Why should he leave the PDP? Are you that intolerant? You want everyone to belong to ACN? ACN is not corrupt, right? You are a joker. Anambra won't be voting Soludo for president, Nigerians would.

You're reaally not making sense, and your comprehension skills aren't very good. Read again.

Chime is sick. Y'all should leave him alone to take care of his health. As for all the others, they should win elections at state levels first (Gov/Senator) before stepping up to presidential level. That's how it's done the world over. I like Utomi a lot. But he should build a base in his state first. But I see your problem is having an Igbo president. To that I say, be patient. The time will come. Let's not get too myopic and bigoted.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:36am On Jun 10, 2013
deleted
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:37am On Jun 10, 2013
Tunsbobo: Some people live in a fanatical and symphathetic world of their own! The op of this topic is probably one the numerous jobless minions that parade the dusty streets of Nigeria! I mean, Fashola and Buhari? Honestly, i didn't expect the degree of idiocy of any Nigerian to be this high!
Punchline: The Op should be offered a job, no matter how dirty it might seem would ultimately improve his derailed plight!

You haven't enlightened anyone with your tirade. Don't you have any opinions, any intelligence to add aside flailing like a man trying to see his a$$hole?

Let's have your own permutations and why this one may not work. Some people have stated their reasons. You can't be that shallow, surely lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by SouthEast: 12:38am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

You're reaally not making sense, and your comprehension skills aren't very good. Read again.

Chime is sick. Y'all should leave him alone to take care of his health. As for all the others, they should win elections at state levels first (Gov/Senator) before stepping up to presidential level. That's how it's done the world over. I like Utomi a lot. But he should build a base in his state first. But I see your problem is having an Igbo president. To that I say, be patient. The time will come. Let's not get too myopic and bigoted.

You really are a dolt. BUHARI-Fasola ticket indeed. Now buzz off with your Islamic mentality and obvious intolerant point of view.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:44am On Jun 10, 2013
SouthEast:

You really are a dolt. BUHARI-Fasola ticket indeed. Now buzz off with your Islamic mentality and obvious intolerant.

It's intolerance, bro. The only intolerance I have is for corruption and visionless leadership just as we have right now. You're the one that is hemmed in by ethnicity and foolish religious considerations.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by Tunsbobo(m): 12:48am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

You haven't enlightened anyone with your tirade. Don't you have any opinions, any intelligence to add aside flailing like a man trying to see his a$$hole?

Let's have your own permutations and why this one may not work. Some people have stated their reasons. You can't be that shallow, surely lipsrsealed
It can not work because it is idiotic to even imagine the idea in the first place! Besides, my opinions tackle matters from the origin! Sometimes, i like to ask why the totality of a thread is created in the 1st place
Punchline: You are obviously and failingly trying to seek relevance from this topic; i advice you my sworn hater to think of something else
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by NeoXVI: 12:56am On Jun 10, 2013
Tunsbobo:
It can not work because it is idiotic to even imagine the idea in the first place! Besides, my opinions tackle matters from the origin! Sometimes, i like to ask why the totality of a thread is created in the 1st place
Punchline: You are obviously and failingly trying to seek relevance from this topic; i advice you my sworn hater to think of something else

I think you're ascribing too much relevance to yourself. You obviously have a false sense of your importance.

You still haven't said anything, btw, all the while trying too hard to appear intelligent. Ciao, and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

I see your problem is that there is no Igbo man in the ticket. I am also Ibo, so cool off. Akunyuli et al don't have the same experience as Fashola, so that's a poor comparison. Use your education and enlightenment for once, so the money spent on you won't be a waste. Think beyond your nose. In countries that have made something out of themselves, they choose the best from what they have. We cannot hope to get anywhere anytime soon with your quota system. Wasn't it your brother that was livid with anger about quota system into FGCs? Someone from Gombe with a score of 2 is admitted while another from Anambra with 104 cannot get in. Quota brought us clueless GEJ and Yar'adua, quota will keep us down. Use your head for once.

The proposition was GMB for VP, not president. So save your grouse with the man. And as payless suggested earlier, GMB could be magnanimous and float Tambuwal or someone else. As for Fashola and grade school teacher, don't be ridiculous, okay? I live here in the US too. I also TA'd undergraduate students and their English is poor. So save that for the ignorant. More importantly, you choose from the current pool of leaders you have, so again, get your head out of the air.

Btw, Chime has done okay, but the dynamics of Lagos compares more closely to that of Nigeria. Besides, Chime is sick, so let the man be. We don't want another Yar'adua situation. IMO, Rochas still has to prove himself in Imo. 2 years is not enough.

Apparently, you had no idea what it was you wrote earlier. Sympathizer and active funding are two different things. Btw, the proposition is VP not president. Comprende?

Igbo man indeed!!! Ibo ko iba ni!! Everyone on nl now claim to be igbo.I believe it is a sign of inferiority complex.People should leaern to be proud of their own tribe and stop theses childish tricks
Re: Fashola-GMB Ticket For APC by xxyz17(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2013
Neo-XVI:

It's intolerance, bro. The only intolerance I have is for corruption and visionless leadership just as we have right now. You're the one that is hemmed in by ethnicity and foolish religious considerations .

You are quick to point out errors and typos in someone's comment, please we aren't in an English class.

GMB,, a 70 year old former military dictator will never accept to play the second fiddle to anybody. Fielding Fashola and Buhari in the same ticket will guarantee GEJ block votes from SE, SS and MB. Now trust PDP to take advange of Nigerians' hypersensitivity to religious issues, I assure you that almost all Christian population in the SW and the core North will vote for GEJ.
Your permutation just doesn't make sense taking into cognizance the reality on ground.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Aminu Waziri Tambuwal @ 48 / Hilarious Comments By Fayose During His Inauguration / Enter Here Sons And Daugthers Of Biafra Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.