Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,927 members, 7,949,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Nairaland Needs Unlike Click - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Needs Unlike Click (747 Views)

Romance Section: Just What Nairaland Needs / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing / Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by henchamb(m): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
this is a petition, nairalanders are tired of seeing irrelevant post making front page. we want mr SEUN to introduce UNLIKE click in nairaland. it should go thus:
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (UNLIKE)
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by BrokenTV: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
henchamb: this is a petition, nairalanders are tired of seeing irrelevant post making front page. we want mr SEUN to introduce UNLIKE click in nairaland. it should go thus:
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (UNLIKE)
i support it may be we need to cast vote. Oga at the top the ball is in your court.
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by henchamb(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
front page things
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by snowblack: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
gistinz.com is another site that allows users to vote posts to frontpage
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by harlos: 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
There is unlike click, if you have the inner sight you will see it clearly.

Like my post and see if you won't see the unlike click.

Quote me if i'm wrong
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by henchamb(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
harlos: There is unlike click, if you have the inner sight you will see it clearly.

Like my post and see if you won't see the unlike click.

Quote me if i'm wrong
I know that you have never been quoted so let me give you the privilege. you didn't understand the message I guess. the UNLIKE should be there as quote like etc.
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by Mynd44: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2013
You guys keep missing the point here. This is a forum and hence the issue of an "unlike" feature does not come up. The quote feature is there and if you do not agree with a certain post, you should quote it and say why you do not like it, what is wrong with it and the way forward.

Just clicking "unlike" will create a situation where people will see a topic and instead of getting in a conversation to discuss an issue, they click unlike and walk away without bothering to state why and this can disturb those trying to learn from the topic
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by SlyIg(f): 7:53am On Jun 11, 2013
I support the move for unlike key.
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by harlos: 8:01am On Jun 11, 2013
SlyIg: I support the move for unlike key.
Unlike
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by harlos: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2013
henchamb:
I know that you have never been quoted so let me give you the privilege. you didn't understand the message I guess. the UNLIKE should be there as quote like etc.
this post says it all
Mynd_44: You guys keep missing the point here. This is a forum and hence the issue of an "unlike" feature does not come up. The quote feature is there and if you do not agree with a certain post, you should quote it and say why you do not like it, what is wrong with it and the way forward.

Just clicking "unlike" will create a situation where people will see a topic and instead of getting in a conversation to discuss an issue, they click unlike and walk away without bothering to state why and this can disturb those trying to learn from the topic
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by Emmyk(m): 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
snowblack: gistinz.com is another site that allows users to vote posts to frontpage
that's why we have moderators here
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by psky: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2013
Mynd_44: You guys keep missing the point here. This is a forum and hence the issue of an "unlike" feature does not come up. The quote feature is there and if you do not agree with a certain post, you should quote it and say why you do not like it, what is wrong with it and the way forward.

Then how come there is a like button but people still comment? The only thing it will do is reduce the amount of annoying and ridiculous comments like "1st to comment" "what is Obama, is it the name of a cow?" and so on, but sensible contributions will still be made, infact with less annoying posts more people will contribute as there will be less disgusting posts to put them off. Besides, people like posts and still comment on them, so it's all good. smiley
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by Mynd44: 9:46am On Jun 12, 2013
psky:

Then how come there is a like button but people still comment? The only thing it will do is reduce the amount of annoying and ridiculous comments like "1st to comment" "what is Obama, is it the name of a cow?" and so on, but sensible contributions will still be made, infact with less annoying posts more people will contribute as there will be less disgusting posts to put them off. Besides, people like posts and still comment on them, so it's all good. smiley
How does a dislike feature reduce the number of redundant comments? I don't get it.

Just cos I got 100 likes does not make me want to type the same thing again and so just cos I got 100000 dislikes won't make me type crap again
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by harlos: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2013
psky:

oh i see the reason why u need the unlike click, but still there won't be any changes if it exists.
Even after unliking the post u will still comment and this people you are talking about will still post more of those annoying things.
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by psky: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
How does a dislike feature reduce the number of redundant comments? I don't get it.

Just cos I got 100 likes does not make me want to type the same thing again and so just cos I got 100000 dislikes won't make me type crap again

Let's face it, not many people like getting disliked, so if you post an annoying comment and end up being disliked by a lot of people there's a good chance you won't repeat that. But if all you will get by being annoying is people quoting you you could just post something annoying and never return to the thread. That's my argument.
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by psky: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2013
harlos: oh i see the reason why u need the unlike click, but still there won't be any changes if it exists.
Even after unliking the post u will still comment and this people you are talking about will still post more of those annoying things.

Those people who keep posting annoying things are just a few attention seekers who want to be infamous. They could be frustrated by repented hidden posts and bans by the mods who would justify it by the obvious unpopularity being ignited.
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by Mynd44: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2013
psky:

Let's face it, not many people like getting disliked, so if you post an annoying comment and end up being disliked by a lot of people there's a good chance you won't repeat that. But if all you will get by being annoying is people quoting you you could just post something annoying and never return to the thread. That's my argument.
That is an argument but you forget that most people who do this do it dorm attention and they don't care if you like it or not. There are other people who will find it funny. It changes nothing
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by Mynd44: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2013
psky:

Those people who keep posting annoying things are just a few attention seekers who want to be infamous. They could be frustrated by repented hidden posts and bans by the mods who would justify it by the obvious unpopularity being ignited.
Don't you think there might ba a problem with that? You mentioned that mods should hide posts and ban posters cos their comment was "disliked" that is unfair.....some comments are on point and in accordance with the rules but will he disliked cos people don't like the poster or they disagree with it. Should they get banned and the post hidden too?
Re: Nairaland Needs Unlike Click by harlos: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2013
psky:

and even with the amount of ban and hidden posts, it still hasn't stop, lets just leave it like that

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: Mr Seun Osasewa, Please Call SEXKILLZ To Order Now / Why Don't Diary Threads Make Front Page? / The Cry Of The Unborn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.