Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,277 members, 7,916,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:59 AM

June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti (21456 Views)

Osun, Ogun And Oyo States Joins Lagos To Declare 12 June Public Holiday / Monday Declared Public Holiday In Kaduna. / Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by tunesoft(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mehnn..ope oo, at least I won't go to work tomorrow...this one way we go reach work...Oga at d top will" since u guys are here, u can as well work"...I just hope he won't pick up the fonr and start callin bois to show 2mao
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by babaireti(m): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jet Set:
Fashola should stop selling us Awori and Eguns Ethnic group which business do we have with June 12 no problem it is high time tinubu should leave our state for us and go back to his village

Your problem is your English,you are forgiven
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by hardbody: 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lilimax: 20th anniversary? Time flies so fast.
Remember those days of "oso Abiola"? We were all sent to the east for fear of Lagos
being bombed by the Military. A lot of people lost their lives on there way to the village.
Naija my country, I hail ooo!

We knew from history and antecedents that our hosts were lilly livered and would not fight so we did not go home. In truth though we took precautionary measures including servicing and fueling all the cars in our house in the event of eventuality. We were aiming for Ghana as a first stop in the event of any eventuality. True to type our cowardly hosts sacrificed their brother on te platter of money and refused to fight for their right believing the igbos will champion the fight. Otele people
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Segun Mimiko is the chief executive of his state, and determines whether or not it is proper to observe the day. Or what do you say about Gbenga Daniel who was the only none-ACN member to be observing the day when he was the Governor of Ogun State?

Gbenga Daniel's refusal to declare the day as public holiday was understandable,the party he belongs to does not recognize June 12. Whereas, same can't be said about Mimiko. Being the only governor flying the flag of LP, he has the power to declare June 12 as public holiday in his state but, the bitter politics he is playing would not allow him do so.

All I know is that he is just like the proverbial deviant chick playing with the hawk.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by yomexp(m): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

By the time the people of Ondo state wake up to reality and see the mess that guy has brought upon them,I hope it won't be too late to realise their mistakes.He keeps bragging himself as the real progressive of the South west even when he is kissing the arrse of those who ruined the SW.

Mimiko is a pdp in labour !

MIMIKO is a traitor!!!
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman:

Gbenga Daniel's refusal to declare the day as public holiday was understandable,the party he belongs to does not recognize June 12. Whereas, same can't be said about Mimiko. Being the only governor flying the flag of LP, he has the power to declare June 12 as public holiday in his state but, the bitter politics he is playing would not allow him do so.

All I know is that he is just like the proverbial deviant chick playing with the hawk.
Read my comment again, and digest it. I never said Gbenga Daniel refused to observe it. He did observe it.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by amarilo: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
Are banks going to work? Is it only state worker cus I have some bricklayers working for me, hope it will not effect them
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
@Jet Set, wow! You just go cart-wheeling like a semi-axle wheel on the loose- no full-stop, no comas, no break, no jam... Abeg park well before you go kill yourself for nothing!
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Read my comment again, and digest it. I never said Gbenga Daniel refused to observe it. He did observe it.

You now see that there is more to mimiko's non-observance of the day.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by ddeola: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice one !
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman:

You now see that there is more to mimiko's non-observance of the day.
Must he observe it?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by biafransoul: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
Liverpoolfc: I love GEJ so much. In his cluelessness he proved beyond reasonable doubt that those that celebrate june 12 ostensibly do so to satisfy their selfish interest. Since then, june 12 mean nothing to me as he that was even thought to have won meant nothing to his own people.

I shiver at the hypocricy; the fact is, they never truly loved him. sun re o MKO, won foju jore ni.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Must he observe it?

Well, if he holds MKO's struggle for a democratic government in high regard, he should honour him on June 12 shikena!
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by yetunsbay(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
9jadelta: laziness
tnks german machine
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman:

Well, if he holds MKO's struggles for a democratic government in high regard, he should honour him on June 12 shikena!
June 12 is not about MKO but democracy.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by yetunsbay(m): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Symphony007: lagos is the commercial nerve center of the federal republic of nigeria and cannot afford money wasting: time wasting frevolities like a holiday on june 12th;
guez u cn c Lagos hs subscribd
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by funshint(m): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Chimerase: yes o! And abiola milk too, dat milk sweet die cool
And Abiola biscuit with that SDP(horse) logo. Very sweet!!!
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by yetunsbay(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
abhosts: Why call it Public Holiday when it only applies to State Government Workers?
<<<WITHIN THE STATE>>>
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by baby124: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
"SDP, MKO, Kingibe! Action! Abiola, Abiola, Abiola! Progress! Na im be the best o for a better tomorrow!" Oh Nigeria. LMAO. The jingle was so sweet and memorable. Those guys were good sales men. If democracy would have continued in that trend we would have been a far better nation, with people working hard to earn our votes. THose were good times.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by yetunsbay(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jet Set:

Try and Respect Your-self Why should the declare Public holidays in Lagos State we are not yoruba but Aworis and Eguns Ethinc Group the real owner of Lagos state
u be learner
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
June 12 is not about MKO but democracy.

And how can we discuss June 12 without mentioning MKO?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
baby_123: "SDP, MKO, Kingibe! Action! Abiola, Abiola, Abiola! Progress! Na im be the best o for a better tomorrow!" Oh Nigeria. LMAO. The jingle was so sweet and memorable. Those guys were good sales men. If democracy would have continued in that trend we would have been a far better nation, with people working hard to earn our votes. THose were good times.
I remember the jingle then on NTA.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman:

And how can we discuss June 12 without mentioning MKO?
The message outlives the messanger. The messanger can die but the message doesn't.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
The message outlives the messanger. The messanger can die but the message doesn't.

But, what is been done by mimiko to recognize the message?
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by babaireti(m): 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=Ayus34][/quote]
Bravo! mogbadue ,awon iran kiran,either they like it or not!the YORUBAS are united just as they are on top
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tunjman:

But, what is been done by mimiko to recognize the message?
As I tried earlier to make you understand, Mimiko is not under compulsion to observe. If you feel he is then it should be extended to all the governors in the country.
Don't give this exercise a Yoruba colouration, please.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by nicago: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote
author=Eko Atlantic] This year marks the 20th anniversary
of the infamous June 12.

The Oyo and Osun state governments on Monday declared Wednesday as work
free to commemorate the June 12, 1993 Presidential election, cancelled
by the military government of the time.

In a statement in Ibadan, Festus Adedayo, the Special Adviser to Oyo
State Governor on Media, said the holiday was to mark the 20th
anniversary of the election, adjudged the freest and fairest in
Nigeria’s political history.

The statement said the holiday was also a recognition of the martyrdom
of the late Moshood Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the election.
It said Mr. Abiola ought to be honoured for laying down his life for
Nigerians to enjoy democratic governance.
Similarly, the Commissioner for Information in Osun, Sunday Akere, said
in a statement in Osogbo that the holiday was to recognise when an
election adjudged the freest and fairest in Nigeria was annulled.
Mr. Akere said that June 12 would continue to stand for democracy and
good government and as such nothing was too much to honour the day.
Ogun State had on Sunday also declared June 12 a public holiday.
(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/138414-oyo-osun-join-ogun-declare-june-12-public-holiday.html?doing_wp_cron=1370897264.7709269523620605468750

Lagos
State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, on Monday approved that Wednesday,
June 12, 2013, be observed as a work free day in the state in
commemoration of June 12, 1993 annulled elections.

This was contained in a circular issued yesterday by the Head of
Service, Mr. Adesegun Ogunlewe.

According to the circular, “In commemoration of June 12, 1993 as
significant in the actualisation of democracy in Nigeria, it is hereby
notified for general information that His Excellency, Mr. Babatunde Raji
Fashola, the Governor of Lagos State has approved Wednesday, June 12,
2013 as a work free day.’”

The circular further enjoined all workers in the state to attend events
organised by various government agencies and groups to commemorate the
day.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/06/fashola-declares-june-12-work-free-day-in-lagos/[/quote]

ETC ETC...

Why can't they(states) all just make June 12 a holiday once and for all instead of politicising the whole thing by 'Declaring' the day an holiday ANNUALLY...Haba!!!

They should simply pass the edict in their respective states and pass it to their various state assemblies since the federal government From 1999 till date has not deemed it fit to fully recognise the sacrifice of Chief Abiola.

I rest my case.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Pukkah: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
redsun: This is treasonable and an act of secession.They have no right to do that in federal republic of nigeria,especially in the federal capital,lagos.

Abiola was no a national,he was one dem usurpers that got a taste of his own bile.

You need further lessons on federalism. There's nothing illegal about the holiday. If you feel sufficiently disgruntled about it then go to court.

You also need further lessons on Current Affairs. Lagos stopped being the federal capital since when? A primary school kid in Nigeria knows that the federal capital is Abuja. If you're too embarrassed to ask the kid, you can pick up a Current Affairs booklet at Osodi, Lagos from a megaphone equipped vendor. It costs only N50.

You also need further lessons on tolerance. This would make you admit the simple fact that Abiola won an election. This time around, you don't have to ask a primary school kid, just ask Prof Humphrey Nwosu.

By the way, June 12 is a cause that's bigger than Abiola or his past. We fought for it based on principles and not pecuniary interests. It is the same principle that made us fight for Jonathan against Turai and Yaradua.

Fair is fair.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Tunjman(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
As I tried earlier to make you understand, Mimiko is not under compulsion to observe. If you feel he is then it should be extended to all the governors in the country.
Don't give this exercise a Yoruba colouration, please.

I don't have problem with other governors but mimiko who regained his mandate through the support of those who believe in June 12. As regards giving the exercise a Yoruba coloration, June 12 ought to be a national day of unity, a day Nigerians, irrespective of religion and ethnicity, spoke in one voice but,since the government at the center never saw anything good in celebrating this unity, the Yorubas, whose illustrious son laid down his life in the course of ushering in democracy after years of military rule deemed it fit to set the day aside to reflect on the life and times of MKO and also appraise the nation's democracy.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by TabletMan: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: I strongly believe that if these states, and Lagos State then joins, decide that markets even, Alaba, Ladipo, Katangowa, etc should be closed to observe June 12, and with law emforcement agencies to emforce it like MASSOB did on Saturday, the "Jews" will say the Yoruba hate them.
Big Bro,I Can Sense That You Have Natural Hatred For The Igbos.... I Read All Your Post In The Thread Of Sit At Home Order By The Massob But I Will Advise You That Hatred won't Help You Bt Will Bring HBP And Heart Attack To You Cos Your Grudge Against Them Won't Stop Them From Progressing

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Pukkah: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jet Set:

Try and Respect Your-self Why should the declare Public holidays in Lagos State we are not yoruba but Aworis and Eguns Ethinc Group the real owner of Lagos state

To those of you who may be looking for knowledge on this forum, please ignore the above post as it is very far from the truth. At best, it is a joke or a mere comic relief.
Re: June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tablet Man: Big Bro,I Can Sense That You Have Natural Hatred For The Igbos.... I Read All Your Post In The Thread Of Sit At Home Order By The Massob But I Will Advise You That Hatred won't Help You Bt Will Bring HBP And Heart Attack To You Cos Your Grudge Against Them Won't Stop Them From Progressing
You're wrong. We're one Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Soldiers Are Not Like Nigerians, They Don't Run - Niger's Defence Ministry / There’s A Cabal In Buhari's Government - Kwara APC / Presidential Tribunal: Drama As Atiku Denies Buhari Use Of Video Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.