Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,204 members, 7,932,086 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 05:45 PM

State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria (29744 Views)

APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike / Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / What Are The Three Arms Of Government And Their Symbols Of Authority? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2013
You can always count on oga Naptu2 for very useful and informative threads, God bless you Sir.
Waiting for your book o
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 9:48am On Jun 11, 2013
Egba girl: Wow!!! Thank Naptu2!! This is awesome!

Thanks very much smiley
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2013
Crassus: good job naptu

Thanks very much.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Good one naptu.

Thanks dear.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2013
Abu Mikey: May God bless you for this Wonderful Post sir.
More grease to your elbow!!!!

Amen! God bless you too.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 9:52am On Jun 11, 2013
donroxy: Tis educative ... Jah bless u Naptu !!

Jah bless you too smiley
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2013
Obiagelli: You can always count on oga Naptu2 for very useful and informative threads, God bless you Sir.
Waiting for your book o

grin Thanks dear. God bless you too. Soon. Very soon.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2013
Good job Naptu, but can you correct this illegality " State of Osun" to Osun State or better still put it in the category it should belong "the secessionists"

If recent Court pronouncement is to be taken and the context applied appropriately.

No bad mounting please.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/
index.php/en/news/item/8366-pdp-
lauds-judgment-on-state-of-lagos

naptu2: The State of Osun

Flag

Coat of Arms of The State of Osun (the coat of arms is adapted from the Western Region Coat of Arms)
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ngwakwe: Good job Naptu, but can you correct this illegality " State of Osun" to Osun State or better still put it in the category it should belong "the secessionists"

If recent Court pronouncement is to be taken and the context applied appropriately.

No bad mounting please.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/
index.php/en/news/item/8366-pdp-
lauds-judgment-on-state-of-lagos

No bad mouthing bro. I don't engage in that type of thing. The Osun State Government adopted the name The State of Osun and so far there hasn't been a law or an order changing that name. That's why I adopted it. If there is a court judgement or law that changes the name, then I will also change it.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by DICKtator: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
naptu2: Borno
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/886350_Borno_jpg5d25db46356064ef7d65893e00842b18[/img]
Borno Home of Piss!!!
The effing irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by goshen26: 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
Long life dear Nigeria
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by baby124: 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed Why nau?

grin grin grin grin grin

OP.

Where there ever elephants in Yorubaland? The use of elephants i know is prevalent in folklore, but i dont think Elephant roamed our lands. I ask this because the elephant is quite popular in their coat of arms. Other states also use animals that can be found in their region. Except the leopard in Bayelsa, abi na hyena. grin
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by musiwa26: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
You qualify to have 2 more seat at the united nation and also at bodies like fifa etc

Since You had self government , Sovereignty&Autonomy before 1st october 1960 nothing can affect it,

International law recognized the 3 Unit of Nigeria Only.. because Nigeria was a union like the Europe Union.

So international law recognized

Western Nigeria 1957
Eastern Nigeria 1957
Northern Nigeria. 1959

because you had self government, Sovereignty&Autonomy before 1st october 1960.

You will be able to play 3 team at the next world cup 2018.

britain present more than 8 team to the fifa world cup.

England
Scotland
wale
Northern Island
Cook Islands
Anguilla
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuM0e4dBXa4

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by theripper3: 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Naptu, our repertoire of Nigerian knowledge, hope u get like 4TBytes for brain to store all dis information.

Good one.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by TonySpike: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
baby_123:

grin grin grin grin grin

OP.

Where there ever elephants in Yorubaland? The use of elephants i know is prevalent in folklore, but i dont think Elephant roamed our lands. I ask this because the elephant is quite popular in their coat of arms. Other states also use animals that can be found in their region. Except the leopard in Bayelsa, abi na hyena. grin

Certainly, there were elephants in Yorubaland back in those days. I'm sure they quickly became extinct because of their Ivory. The elephant ivory was a symbol of status back then, just like that of the Rhinoceros today.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Aji sebi Oyo laari, Oyo ki se bi baba enikankan

2 Likes

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by josiahriches(m): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
i no understand this
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Choi! U really tried... The logo on the third flag luks illuminatish
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Naptu: Kudos to you for enlightening us once again. I've really enjoyed a feel of Naija history
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
naptu2:

Thanks very much.
Naptu i'm following you right away, you have a lot to offer, i have a lot to learn from you as well
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
baby_123:

grin grin grin grin grin

OP.

y asking d Op na? No be im customize d flag
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
Marthakings: Choi! U really tried... The logo on the third flag luks illuminatish

naptu2:

It is a hexagram (6 pointed star). It is used in a lot of things, most famously as the Star of David (Jewish religion). It is also used in Islam, Hinduism, occultism, etc.

Below: The flag of Israel (with the Star of David on it).
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by binhozie(m): 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
binhozie:

HOME OF PEACE!
Nyame oooo shocked

Abi o. What an irony undecided
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
Where is the ibo empire
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
ayswags: Where is the ibo empire

In Ivory Coast
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

In Ivory Coast
grin grin

E no dey Ivory Coast.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by delors(m): 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
So Michael Taiwo Akinkumi was studying in Britain when he designed the flag/coat of arms? No wonder. I should have known. The dude remixed Canada's coat of arms and national flag idea...and sent it to Nigeria.
1. Canada's flag is red white n red with a maple leaf, Mr taiwo remixed it to green white green with a red star...correct grin
2. canada's coat of arms two horses mounting a shield like shape with an eagle/lion on the shield like shape, Mr taiwo remixed it again, Nigeria's two horses and an eagle on the shield like shape... grin
Oh Daimnit! my country is Nigeria...I am a Nigerian! Daimnit!

4 Likes

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
^^
Plagiarism things grin grin grin
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
Taiwo Akinkumi didn't design the coat of arms. He only designed the flag.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
Thanks sir, for the informative thread. God bless man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Abuja On A 2-Week Private Visit To Paris (Photos) / Intimidation Has A Time, When The Time Expires, It's Over - Fubara / Police Raid MMS Plus Newspaper Over Corruption, Debts Story At Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.