Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,527 members, 7,937,493 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

Your Name and Your Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Name and Your Destiny (3616 Views)

You Have To Fight And Defeat The Goliath Of Your Destiny. / Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? / Jewish Intelligence- Your Name Can Affect Your Destiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Name and Your Destiny by DEKING3(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2005
To some, the name you bear is important and they believe it has/would have an effect on your destiny, while to others, you can bear anything you like as long as you work with focus, you'll surely get there.
I may not have facts about some other parts of the world but I know in some African countries and here in our great country, Nigeria, most parents this days are mindful of the kind of name they give to their children putting into consideration the meaning of the name.
You must have come across people who changed their names and you start wondering why.

Now I ask this humble forum, do you believe ones name has got anything to do with his/her destiny?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by vexxy(f): 2:08am On Aug 20, 2005
Wonderful question, De-King.

Until I became saved I really paid no mind to the names people gave thier children. After reading the Bible I saw that each child had a name that told a story or gave a distinguishing fact about them.

I do not think it controls your destiny, but I do believe that it has a way of speaking towards who you are and who your parents are.

What do you think?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by hotangel2(f): 6:10am On Aug 20, 2005
Vexxy is right in a way, but the point here is that, my point is also religious, and we would contradict in a way.

I realised that, if you are christian and strongly believe in God, no matter what name you were given at birth, if the name is bad or sounds like it'd have a bad future for you, you can pray against it, and you'll be fine no matter what your name is. It depends on whether or not you believe in the meaning of your name. I for one wouldn't want to be named "esuwole" (devil comes in), or something like that. But it's all about whether or not you will let your name decide your destiny, or not. It's all about whether or not, you'll let your name take u to the future or you'll take your name to the future. smiley
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2005
I guess d name could have an effect. I believe ther's d spiritual realm and in that realm words are so important.
Imagine beign called Ikude (death is around)..Some names are that bad. U have to answer to this name like a billions times in your life time. U think u gonna live long?

I would have said its doesnt matter but i believe ther's power in our words.

"When the clouds be full of rain, they shall empty themselves"

I'll rather be safe. Y pray bout what u can change? Even if its means changin certificates etc. I think its worth it (or i'll just switch to my middle name if its fair) because sum names are just too bad/evil.
I think d name Stone Wallace is better than Idiot Wallace.

Maybe i'm wrong...its just my opinion.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2005
Your name is your self.

Otedola (Get rich out of conspiracy) former lagos state Governor  became a Governor yes NRC/SDP intra party Palaver then and so on....
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2005
Is Bill Gates a bill or a gate. which 1?

am i goin off topic?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2005
layi:

Is Bill Gates a bill or a gate. which 1?

am i goin off topic?
He is the GATE to the BILLS coming out of use of todays computer windows. Ask seun how much he pays to Billgate indirectly. He is the gate of microsoft. So collect your bill and pay him money.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2005
That analogy is faulty.

The Bill enters the house thru the gates. So who's in the house.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by hotangel2(f): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2005
You guys are crazy!

Actualy bill gates name is his destiny.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2005
Because you are hot that is why Angel like you would say
"You guys are crazy!" try and change name to Cool-Angel
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by DEKING3(m): 10:08am On Aug 23, 2005
What's going on here?

HND Holder, I guess Hot-Angel know why she chose that name. If you give yourself a name, you should know why and be able to defend it.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2005
So HND-holder means U wouldnt go past HND levels (educationally) aiight?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2005
I got my fame through HND, I fought and won Phnd,PGD Msc e.t.c. even with my Advance degrees I still enjoy the role of HND holder.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by WesleyanA(f): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2005
I can't stand it when parents put bumper stickers on their cars that say "my son/daughter is an honor roll student at blah..blah.. middle school" it's disgusting.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by terry(m): 5:38am On Aug 24, 2005
I dont need anyone's comment

How can a parent not be proud of his child's accomplishment, ? Its like not supporting him. Its only if your parent hates you then they wont put their sticker. My mama loves those stickers she says it reminds her that she has responsible kids.

Shout out to those mothers in support of their kids
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by WesleyanA(f): 5:54am On Aug 24, 2005
terry:

I don't need anyone's comment

How can a parent not be proud of his child's accomplishment, ? Its like not supporting him. Its only if your parent hates you then they wont put their sticker. My mama loves those stickers she says it reminds her that she has responsible kids.

Shout out to those mothers in support of their kids

i think only pompous parents and parents of kids that have no self-esteem do it. it's really annoying. i mean, who cares where your kid goes to or how he/she does at school. i don't even know you. why don't you make a double life-size banner and declare it in your backyard. it doesn't take a "jenius" to be an honor roll student in elementary and middle school.
IMO, students like that are mediocre or even probably 'not so smart' students that pull off a c or b- and the parent tells the world their child is a genius. the real smart kids don't do that. their actions and what not speak for themselves. besides most of these kids (if they are really mature that is) get embarrased by those stickers.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by terry(m): 6:05am On Aug 24, 2005
whats wrong in being pompous? does it hurt you ? Mind you i aint no mediocre, I graduated from high school with a GPA of 4.0 , I had 12 college credits from high school through AP courses. I love to show off, there is notin wrong with that , i love it , i crave for attention. My mom is proud of me thats why she does what she  likes. Dont be indirectingly talking to her, Dont ever try it. She is just a proud mom which i don't blame her for. Dont let me get started on you.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by WesleyanA(f): 6:12am On Aug 24, 2005
I didn't mention your name in my post so i wasn't really talking to you. i was only generalizing +stating my opinion.

by the way what does your mom's bumper sticker say? "my son is an honor roll student at maryland university"?. i'll be embarrased if i were you.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by terry(m): 6:21am On Aug 24, 2005
dont act like i am a kid by telling you didnt call any name. Dont mess with me like that. I aint foolish. Dont f with me that way. Dont try to act smart.

Who told you i was in umd? I know i never mention it to you or anyone of those b living outside MD. Well my mom still puts the sticker. Why should i be embarassed, i aint no losser. You know wat just keep to yourself.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by WesleyanA(f): 6:28am On Aug 24, 2005
okie dokie. what ever floats your boat. smiley

"I'm  proud of myself (as my mom is of me) and don't feel it's necessary to display it on the back bumper of a car".

do they really have honor roll bumper stickers @umd?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by terry(m): 6:32am On Aug 24, 2005
who you calling Dokie? b, dont let me get started on you ,How foolish could you be to ask such a question ? what grade are you in? 2 0r 1. Get sleep , i can tell you have a miserable life.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by WesleyanA(f): 6:37am On Aug 24, 2005
okie dokie = okay. .

you said your mom puts it on her car and i don't think colleges have such. you probably had in in elementary school then.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by terry(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2005
did i say they had stickers like that in UMD. Gash, get sleep

dont use that word dokie when talking to me
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by WesleyanA(f): 6:53am On Aug 24, 2005
now back to the topic:

i'll have to agree w/ vexxy. name doesn't really control your destiny. and it's true some some people change their names but usually it has nothing to do w/ destiny or anything in that line.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by terry(m): 7:00am On Aug 24, 2005
now i saw what you and your friend were saying about me and Nddy, you know wat ? WE dont give a damn. You can say whatever and do whatever, you b, should try to keep to yourselves, how hard is that
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by hotangel2(f): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2005
Heeee Hello the old man of the house is talking. The topic is   Your Name and Your Destiny, let get back to it. Learn from this forum things you never know.

Based on the ancient science of Numerology, the letters in your name, when combined with your birthdate, represent numbers that tell a great deal about who you are and what you are destined to be and do in this lifetime. Once you have entered your personal information into either of the “What’s Your Destiny?” numerology programs, you’ll see the results of a complex, personalized analysis that provide insight into your personality and purpose, and reveal specific paths to fulfilling what you want most in life!
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2005
Hnd-holder:

Based on the ancient science of Numerology, the letters in your name, when combined with your birthdate, represent numbers that tell a great deal about who you are and what you are destined to be and do in this lifetime. Once you have entered your personal information into either of the “What’s Your Destiny?” numerology programs, you’ll see the results of a complex, personalized analysis that provide insight into your personality and purpose, and reveal specific paths to fulfilling what you want most in life!

Does personalized fit in here? There are people born on same day and given same name. Wont they have the same analysis?

Moreover My Parents gave me that name. Are they the architect of my destiny?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2005
Yes because they gave you the name based on their experience at that time little do they know that words vibrate and produce  waves that radiates Amen from Beingn arround you.The sound of a name sparks a reaction from you and others. It may sound attractive, it may not. Whatever your name You Are Your First Name and you are marvelous!!!

http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/afr.html
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2005
What if u change ur name? Does that have any effect then?
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by Hndholder(m): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2005
Yes it has. The new name will produce new things according to the native meaning of it.
Re: Your Name and Your Destiny by layi(m): 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2005
But really I know of an 'Owolabi' (we gave birth to money) that lives in penury even at over 60yrs of age. How do we reconcile that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Short Story / Every Blackman Is A Muslim. It Stands True. Blackman long history. / Where Does The Devil Get His Power From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.