Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,939 members, 7,973,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:41 AM

New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home (23490 Views)

Prostitute Strangled In Lagos Hotel Room / Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill / Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by freecocoa(f): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Jilted boyfriend or angry mistress\girlfriend perhaps?

See how they just wasted this young girl's life, chei its a pity, may her soul RIP and her killers be brought to book.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Uwakuwak(f): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2013
if she wasn't the first wife, they should investigate the other wives. because men alway make the new wife feel too special than other one's RIP.

1 Like

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by texazzpete(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2013
Truckpusher: And the way you're taking it too personal,what's the point.

Perhaps I was too harsh, but this is often a recurring decimal here on Nairaland and it's uncool.

Aafulenu:

were u in love with hadiza? lipsrsealed

Did this sound intelligent in your head when you thought it up? Stop this inanity.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Feedmemore(f): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Texas, come on my brother, there's no need for academic dissertation on this issue. Each tribe have a peculiar social evil that runs through their genes. I live and breathe Hausa culture. If ever a need arises to supplant a Yoruba mole in Hausa land for espionage duties I will go undetected. Trust me, this crime is a Hausa/Fulani signature. Particularly in Kano.....this is how they settle heartbreaks.

Look at federal asset wasting away. smiley

The JTF has been looking for people like you, who can infiltrate the enemy territory ( BH insurgent ) without being detected. Your service to the motherland will be appreciated and well compensated. tongue

Thank you! cheesy
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by salt1: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2013
Gboliwe: How old is the director of information who married this young girl?

May her soul rest in peace

Director of information marrying a 21year old bride?
She is definitely not the first, second or third wife. I may be wrong but the older displaced women may have something to answer. But again I must be wrong. My wonderful Muslim brothers claim their 4 wives joyfully share one husband

1 Like

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Dagoma: 11:16am On Jun 13, 2013
Wonders shall never end in this country. RIP to the deseased.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Pimples(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2013
It Smells like something done by the Sword Fraternity.
Dong Yii
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nastyhatty(f): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2013
Etumgbe: Unidentified assailants on Wednesday strangled the wife of the Director of Information in the Kano State Ministry of Information and Sports, Hajiya Hadiza Usman.

The incident happened at their residence in Sabon Gandu Kano, northwest Nigeria.

Hadiza, 21, described as calm and easy-going, recently got married to her husband, Usman Yakasai.

According a relative, the assassins stormed Usman’s house at about 10 a.m. Wednesday and strangled the young woman when no one was at home.

The spokesman of Kano Police Command, ASP Magaji Musa Majiya, who confirmed the incident, said some suspects have been arrested, while investigation is in progress.

Yakasai could not be reached immediately for comment at the time of this report.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/12/new-bride-strangled-in-husbands-home/
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Dagoma: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2013
Gboliwe: How old is the director of information who married this young girl?

May her soul rest in peace

Reliable information says he started primary school at birth and graduated from the university just at 5. He joined civil service at 6 and became Director after 3 years. So, he is just 9 presently.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by theripper3: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2013
Huh? So hausa pple sef dey Kolo for love like dis? I think say na only suya and dagger dem like o and 9yr old girls too.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2013
texazzpete:

The downside of libel and defamation laws being so lax in Nigeria is that people feel free to run their mouths, spreading damaging accusations with no shred of evidence...without fear of repercussions.

The young lady may have had several suitors, but you have ZERO evidence that any jilted lover or suitor may be behind this. making such a reckless statement just because it is the only possible solution your limited mind can come up with is just wrong.

Accusation seems wild but hardly within the ambit of any tort such as defamation or libel. Not like he accused anyone specifically. He just gave a likely theory.

If B is killed for instance and he's known to be a gambler, there's no libel or defamation if anyone theorizes that he was possibly murdered by people he owed.

As far as this is Kano, the poor woman's love life prior to marriage will be investigated.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2013
And perhaps the man's...
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Sike(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Devil !!! I troway salute O.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by hardbody: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Policewoman: Hope the Police in Kano will get to the bottom of this.

I am contemplating putting you up for transfer and reassignment to take up the investigation in Kano. What do you think
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by binhozie(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
akymme: the headline says strangled not strangled to death, why the rip

So the assailants came to just strangle and leave abi?
How about beheaded to death?
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
Imanuelle: Gone at 21??

That's gone too soon.

RIP
she's old for an hausa lady.
They start marrying at thirteen to eighteen.anything above that na old woman. grin #kidding#
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
salt 1:

Director of information marrying a 21year old bride?
She is definitely not the first, second or third wife. I may be wrong but the older displaced women may have something to answer. But again I must be wrong. My wonderful Muslim brothers claim their 4 wives joyfully share one husband
and you believe the morons?
Uwakuwak: if she wasn't the first wife, they should investigate the other wives. because men alway make the new wife feel too special than other one's RIP.
another downside of polygamy.but the randy goats won't listen.
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Reachyrich(f): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
May her soul R.I.P
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
anitank:
he was reserving space for his comment on d first page na grin

So First pagers are now celebrities ?
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
lorretta u: she's old for an hausa lady.
They start marrying at thirteen to eighteen.anything above that na old woman. grin #kidding#

She could have been a granny at 24..... maybe ... undecided
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Toks2008(m): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
We can not categorically ascertain what went down but who knows, it just might be connected to act of vendetta from rivals.

Stories like this are very common and this goes to show how extreme one can get when disappointed by a partner.

1 Like

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Deschil: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hmmmmnnn poor girl but married to a Director (usually close to retirement age...) I don't think she was the first or maybe not even the second wife...investigations should start from within the household...
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by anishe(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Yakasai was not the only one interested in Hadiza. The looser in the competition felt jilted and humiliated by Hadiza.

May be you are one of the suitors.

That means you're a suspect!!!

Where's your address?
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by euniselfyahoo: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Poor woman. RIP
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Deschil: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
That's an immature and unintelligent response. Why should a man possibly in his 60's marry a 21yr old
Dagoma:

Reliable information says he started primary school at birth and graduated from the university just at 5. He joined civil service at 6 and became Director after 3 years. So, he is just 9 presently.

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Either the co wives or the younger bobo that was jilted
The culprits are from within

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Jamisco: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Yakasai was not the only one interested in Hadiza. The looser in the competition felt jilted and humiliated by Hadiza.

LIKE IN ISLAM IS THE PARENT THAT GIVE OUT THEIR WARDS TO ANYONE THEY WISH, HOW COME THEN THE KILLER KILLED THE WOMAN INSTEAD OF HER PARENT?
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Jamisco: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
Deschil: That's an immature and unintelligent response. Why should a man possibly in his 60's marry a 21yr old

MOHAMMED WAS IN HIS 80S WHEN HE MARRIED A SIX YEAR OLD GIRL
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by euniselfyahoo: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
What a pity for such a poor woman. RIP
Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by DuduNegro: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
~Bluetooth:

If this is true,it shows that all these guys with their macho trouble-making attitude are just bunch of learners when it comes to love.Real men won't kill for love no matter how bad it goes.

In Hausa culture a girl must be in a matrimony by certain age, usually between 16 and 20. It doesn't matter if she is first wife or fourth wife, by time she is 21, 22, she needs to be a wife in a man's home. She becomes a ridicule unwedded at 25.

Girls get suitors from around age 15. The mother begins to groom her and entertain suitors. She shares her observations and progress with the father. If she comes from a prestige background, her suitors will be men of elite and wealthy background. If she is extra ordinary sexy physically her profile is elevated beyond the reach of ordinary men......she will be sought by princes and titled men.

She will share with her suitors what is decided by her father. The father decides what age he will give her away.. The closer she gets to that age, the hotter the competition gets. Men can dispatch thugs to go and harass and intimidate rivals to back off. The higher her social profile the more heated the competition for her. The suitors know what is at stake and their ego and emotion blocks out reason and lead sometime to carry the passion too far.....a strong contender can be taken out by a rival who feels he is suddenly not getting as much attention and welcome from the girl and her mother as before. This is indication he has been edged out, to remain in favor he might proactively eliminate his rival or advise him to withdraw if he wants to live.

Ms Hadiza, may her soul rest in peace, is 21 but she has had admirers since she was 15. Her husband Yakasai did not just meet her last year or six months ago. ...he, and others, have pursued her a long time. A looser in the battle for her hand could not swallow his pride and take the loss graciously....this marriage represents a humiliation to him. In this case he does not have bitterness and disgust for Yakasai as much as the hatred and guile he has for the parents....something happened in which he believed the parents steered and influenced Hadiza to Yakasai's hand. He wants to punish them. This is how he carried it out to even score.

1 Like

Re: New Bride Strangled In Husband’s Home by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
texazzpete:

The downside of libel and defamation laws being so lax in Nigeria is that people feel free to run their mouths, spreading damaging accusations with no shred of evidence...without fear of repercussions.

The young lady may have had several suitors, but you have ZERO evidence that any jilted lover or suitor may be behind this. making such a reckless statement just because it is the only possible solution your limited mind can come up with is just wrong.

What do you understand by the words Libel and defamation as pertaining to law or even the english language?
You can only claim libel when there is an actual person targeted with the accusation. I don't believe he mentioned anyone....or are YOU her jilted lover?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Destroys Ebonyi Government Properties, Says 'I Was Sent By The Holy Spirit' / Murder Cases In Nigeria By Geo Political Zones / Rampaging Cult Members Intercepted By Edo State Vigilante (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.