Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:54 PM

NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine (14270 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) / NDLEA Arrests Two Suspects For Cocaine Trafficking (Pictured) / India Arrests Two Nigerians On Their Way To Join ISIS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Why wont the usage of dealing and selling drugs grow rampant in Nigeria when the sole users are excusing it.

I feel sorry for our youth......and some ppl's children

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
You hide posts;trying to gag people from saying the obvious truth.Tell you what,before the week runs out,these same people would hit the frontpage.you can't take it away from them.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
When it comes to international consumption and production of drugs, dont even add Ekiti to the mixture cool

Na education for us cool

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by nelxsantos(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
THEY SHUD TEMPER JUSTICE WIT ND RELEASE THE YOUNGER ONE COS FRM TINS HE NVER AWARE OF THE COCINE TRANPORTATN ....

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by delors(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Etumgbe: BY LAWANI MIKAIRU
LAGOS — Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos have arrested two brothers for being in possession of 430 grammes of powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine.

According to Mr Ofoyeju Mitchell, Head, Public Affairs of NDLEA, the drug was hidden inside shoe sole and detected during the outward screening of Etihad passenger flight to India.

He said: “The first suspect, Okechukwu Samson Agwueze, 23, was arrested when the drug was found inside the sole of the shoe he wore during the screening. His cousin, Ogbonna Onwumere, 38, who sponsored his trip, was also arrested and currently being interrogated by narcotic investigators.”

NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr Hamza Umar, expressed delight over the seizure, saying: “It is gratifying that the cocaine which was concealed inside the sole of a shoe worn by the suspect was promptly detected. The second suspect who procured the travel documents and facilitated the drug deal was equally apprehended.”

Okechukwu Samson, who is a casual worker, looked remorseful and said his regret was that his cousin lured him into drug trafficking.

His words: “I work in construction sites as a labourer to earn a living. I had wanted to travel out of the country in search of greener pastures but I was swindled of my hard earned N360,000 while trying to get my travel documents.

“My cousin, Ogbonna Onwumere promised to sponsor me to India so that I can work and further my education. He invited me to Lagos that everything was set for me to travel and gave me the shoe to wear that mine was old. He never told me there was drug in it.”

The cousin, Ogbonna who is an importer of textiles said that he wanted to use Okechukwu to smuggle the drugs to India.

“I wanted to use him to smuggle the drugs because I used my money in processing his travel documents. I was doing him a favour but I will have to get my money back. Why must I sponsor him if there is no benefit” he stated.

Both suspects are from Enugu State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ndlea-arrests-two-brothers-with-cocaine/

Nna maka why na? Trust me, there is no green pasture abroad again o...global warming don turn the grass to brownish yellow...don't be fooled!
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Kabikala(m): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Why is the moderator hiding most of the posts? This is undue censorship please!
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by nijanigga: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
What a hyena is to carcass ,so are Nigerians to money.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Abmarshalo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
chidindufrank: Ihe nwanne na eme nwanne! Choi, ogaranu akporo ofu onye aboki kpanye ya d ntu n'aka gagharia. 21years behind bars for two brothers nawa o.

Ndi banyi na ekwu na oge onwu na kpo nwa nkita anagi anu nshi ihe. Aka kpara go ugbuo. Umu igbo na mebi aha anyi ohhh.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by kundul: 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wen will dis NDLEA guys recruit again
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by kalunomics(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
see hidden posts? Tribal lines drawn accross the map of the fake union called Nigerian.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
babyosisi: They didn't kill anybody
They didn't do rituals with their neighbors body
They are not mutilating patients or selling body parts at Jankara market

They are not using human intestines for stew to cure impotence

Na commodity dem dey transport
Cigarettes have killed more people than cocaine
So have alcohol

Some countries have legalized cocaine sef

There are worse crime o jare
The leaders are a million times worse than those two boys

A) although they are not killing people directly, cocaine (and all its substitutes) is killing millions of people all over the world. so these fools are indirectly helping the killing of others. FACT!

B) the law says that what they did is illegal, whether you like it or not THIS IS THE LAW. if you dont like the law in your area, then you and your friends should go to your local gov and protest this supposedly unjust law.

C) no country in the world legalized the importation/consumption or sale of 430grams of pure cocaine, NONE.....so get your facts right!!!! and if that was the case, then they should go and deliver these illegal drugs in such country, and not in India where the law is against the importation of such drug.

D) so, you think that because there are worst crimes out there, it should be a reason to allow these criminals to import and deal in these illegal substances?! pls do make some sense, as you certainly dont right now. if i'd listen to you, then we should legalize all small crimes because there are worst crimes out there, highly laughable. a crime is a crime however you want to look at it!

E) the reason why so many elite people are getting away with any crime is because A) they have deep enough pockets to bribe their way out, and most importantly B) Nigerians do absolutely nothing about what is happening in 9ja (they even seem comfortable with it).....maybe because they know they would do even worse if they had the same opportunity. if you want changes then take to the streets and make your voices be heard, and get rid of these criminals in power BY FORCE!

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
9jadelta: yes, illegal commodities. Biko, which country don legalize concaine?

Well they call it decriminalizing
A fancier term than legalizing grin

Oya read this Mexico 2009

A controversial new law decriminalising the possession of small amounts of heroin, marijuana, cocaine and other illicit substances was quietly slipped on to the statute books in Mexico yesterday.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/heroin-and-cocaine-now-legal-in-mexico-ndash-in-small-doses-1776792.html

Majuro (CBSBN) - The newly inducted president of the Republic of the Marshall Islands has announced the tiny Pacific nation had legalized the use of cocaine by executive order.
President Jurelang Zedkaia, a traditional chief and politician, said the Marshall Islands would also be introducing a no-visa unrestricted entry program for foreign nationals of any country.
http://cbsbreakingnews.com/world:950987

Colombia has decriminalized cocaine and marijuana, saying that people cannot be jailed for possessing the drugs for personal use. Anyone caught with less 20 grams of marijuana or one gram of cocaine for personal use will not be prosecuted or detained, but could be required to receive treatment, depending on their level of intoxication.

Colombia is also moving toward legalizing drug crops. The country’s House of Representatives in May passed the first draft of a bill that would decriminalize growing illegal drug plants, allowing residents to grow coca plants, marijuana plants and opium poppies. But representative Hugo Velasquez Jaramillo was quick to note that although the plants would be legalized, “the processing and trafficking of drugs would remain subject to criminal sentencing.”

http://disinfo.com/2012/07/colmbia-to-legalize-marijuana-and-cocaine/

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by 3ace(m): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
kalunomics: see hidden posts? Tribal lines drawn accross the map of the fake union called Nigerian.
Some of the comments hidden did not reek of tribal sentiments. For instance, here's a copy of my earlier post together with a quoted post hidden and I'm still wondering why?

So have alcohol

If you see the way cocaine addicts behave or what they are capable of doing, you will know that anybody who engages in supplying it also causes destruction to humanity as much as those other people you listed. Countries of the world didn't just ban it for nothing.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by kalunomics(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
3ace:
Some of the comments hidden did not reek of tribal sentiments. For instance, here's a copy of my earlier post together with a quoted post hidden and I'm still wondering why?

If you see the way cocaine addicts behave or what they are capable of doing, you will know that anybody who engages in supplying it also causes destruction to humanity as much as those other people you listed. Countries of the world didn't just ban it for nothing.
I guess some mods on lose. grin
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by tallceejay(m): 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2013

So have alcohol

Well said. I like you!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by 3ace(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
kalunomics: I guess some mods on lose. grin
I thought so too but hiding post with reckless abandon questions their ability to read thoroughly and comprehend. Anyway, e be like say e don come down for their body. Moving to other threads.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
3ace:

I have no where condoned cocaine trafficking or it's use
I am just playing devil's advocate and causing us to look at some greater evil in our midst
I have only highlighted the fact that alcohol and cigarettes kill more people than cocaine could ever yet there isn't any outrage for those two

Alcohol like cocaine is addicting
Is destructive
Causes impairment
Has permanent damaging effects
Can be fatal
Most road accidents are by drunk drivers
Most domestic abusers are laden with alcohol
Alcohol has caused more death and destruction than cocaine yet it is perfectly legal to sell it and use it.

The statistics of death linked to alcohol trumps that by cocaine by a long shot
Yet I see no outrage over alcohol

That is my point

FYI alcohol was once an illegal substance in the 1920s and 1930s ,it is not anymore yet alcohol is more destructive

Isn't that hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by princealexndre(m): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ama carry cocaine dey no fit catch me!
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
A recent study in the UK has found out that alcohol is , surprisingly, more dangerous than heroin or crack. Scientists examined 20 drugs and their effects on people and society. While heroin and crack were considered to be very harmful to individuals, heroin, alcohol and cocaine are the worst for society. [size=18pt]The study found out that alcohol had the worst overall effects.[/size]

The study also said that tobacco was at least as harmful as cocaine. Ecstasy, LSD and marijuana were considered to be the drugs that cause the least damage. Substances were marked from 0 to 100 on a scale. Alcohol received 72, the highest rating, while heroine was rated at 55 and crack at 54.

Researchers looked at 16 factors, including a drug’s effect on the brain and body, how it affects the crime rate as well as the costs for the economy. Although cocaine is more addictive, alcohol is the most harmful drug our society because it is most widely used. It does the most damage to the world around us.

Alcohol is drunken by a large part of the population as a social drink. It makes you happy and loosens you up. When it enters the brain it produces a chemical called dopamine. This makes you feel happy and without stress.

However , too much alcohol consumption can lead to the destruction of almost all parts of your body. People who drink alcohol are more likely to drive in a drunken state or commit violent acts.

The World Health organization estimates that alcohol causes about 3 million deaths every year, including suicides, car accidents and heart and liver diseases.

Banning alcohol is not the same as forbidding LSD, cocaine or other drugs. It is part of our culture, but the report concludes that governments should do more to educate the population and point out the dangers of alcohol consumption. Especially younger people are at a high risk. They like to combine energy drinks with alcohol. These alcopops taste good, contain a lot of alcohol and are high on calories, which leads to obesity.
http://www.english-online.at/news-articles/health-medicine/alcohol-more-dangerous-than-cocaine.htm

I rest my case cool cool

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by preselect(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Arent you a christian woman?

Is sin not sin?

The damage that their drugs do to a community is far worse than any common crime. Go to a black community and see the effect of drug dealing.

I'm not sure she's supporting cocaine business. She's only saying cigarette and alcohol have destroyed more people than cocaine. Which is statistically true.

By the way, it's about time Nigeria legalized marijuana. Ogogoro is more dangerous than marijuana.

Cocaine should remain illegal though. It can kill instantly. It is actually a dangerous drug.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by preselect(m): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
3ace:

I won't advocate the legalization of cocaine but marijuana should be freed from unnecessary judicial restrictions.
Marijuana is even medicinal. Can help in glaucoma patients, epilepsy and even,some believe, asthma.
Marijuana has no overdose problem. It should be legal. It's less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by preselect(m): 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

A) although they are not killing people directly, cocaine (and all its substitutes) is killing millions of people all over the world. so these fools are indirectly helping the killing of others. FACT!

Just as mcDonalds and other fast food centers have contributed indirectly to the death o real millions of people all over the world via heart diseases, diabetes, strokes etc from their high saturated fatty foods and sugar in their foods. Perhaps fast foods should be banned too.

And by the way, cocaine has NEVER led to the death of millions. Perhaps a few thousands here an there but never millions. Unlike the millions that have perished from heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc of which McDonalds and the other fast foods and coca cola have contributed more than a little. FACT!! cool

B) the law says that what they did is illegal, whether you like it or not THIS IS THE LAW. if you dont like the law in your area, then you and your friends should go to your local gov and protest this supposedly unjust law.

We are working on that. cool

C) no country in the world legalized the importation/consumption or sale of 430grams of pure cocaine, NONE.....so get your facts right!!!! and if that was the case, then they should go and deliver these illegal drugs in such country, and not in India where the law is against the importation of such drug.

It's not about the amount of drugs, it's the fact that its illegal. This leads to the development of drug cartels like the al-Capone of the 1920s America when alcohol was illegal. The price rises an crime rises with it. When alcohol was legalized, the price fell and the alcohol cartel crime fell with it.

D) so, you think that because there are worst crimes out there, it should be a reason to allow these criminals to import and deal in these illegal substances?! pls do make some sense, as you certainly dont right now. if i'd listen to you, then we should legalize all small crimes because there are worst crimes out there, highly laughable. a crime is a crime however you want to look at it!

Sure a crime is a crime but I think you should join the movement to legalize some of these drugs. Imagine the number of people who have been liked up abroad bc of these misdemeanors. They then mix with real criminals in jails and by the time they are released they come out as pure criminals and start real crime

E) the reason why so many elite people are getting away with any crime is because A) they have deep enough pockets to bribe their way out, and most importantly B) Nigerians do absolutely nothing about what is happening in 9ja (they even seem comfortable with it).....maybe because they know they would do even worse if they had the same opportunity. if you want changes then take to the streets and make your voices be heard, and get rid of these criminals in power BY FORCE!

The voice of freedom will be louder and more efficient if you rise above minor issues and join us in the fight to free marijuana from the shackles of quasi political adjudication cool

Welcome aboard cheesy

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
Presido has taken us to a whole 'nother level. grin grin grin
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 14, 2013
Kabikala: Why is the moderator hiding most of the posts? This is undue censorship please!
of course they know y they hide posts.reason? heavy KO on their id

walai, olukoso/ogun/sango/sapona/esu collabo will attack any MOD that deletes my post henceforth cos i m still within NL rules
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Re-arrests Jones Abiri, Journalist Who Spent Two Years In Detention / Watch Maria Camila Villalba Video / Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.