Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,936 members, 7,890,079 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch (4168 Views)

Offline Games Playable In A Motorola Droid Razr M / Can FIFA 14 Be Playable On An Intel Graphics 3000 Graphics Card? / Learn How To Programme Playable Game In 48 Hours! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by vowiski(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Lovers of Microsoft gaming device in Africa and Asia will have to wait longer to get a taste of what Xbox One brings to the industry. In a new disclaimer for the hotly anticipated Xbox One console, only a hand-full of countries can use the Xbox One game at Launch, considering the fact that games have to be activated over the internet at least once a day.

The disclaimer states: “Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions,”

Not even a single African or Asian country is represented on the list, which means that even if you could get your hands on one of the imported Xbox One at launch in Q3 of 2013, you wouldn't be able to taste the action. Thanks to Microsoft's new policies for next-gen gaming.

The list of countries that can immediately use Microsoft's Xbox One is given below.
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/06/xbox-one-wont-work-in-all-countries.html
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by Bawss1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Even if Xbox Live becomes available in Nigeria owners will not be able to enjoy the TV shows/services that owners in USA do.

No point buying the Xbone in Africa. PS4 it is
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by vowiski(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
Bawss1: Even if Xbox Live becomes available in Nigeria owners will not be able to enjoy the TV shows/services that owners in USA do.

No point buying the Xbone in Africa. PS4 it is

Microsoft is indirectly telling the whole world that they have given up entirely in gaming. Sony has literally destroyed Xbox and the brand.. PS4 @ $399 is a steal for any gamer irrespective of where brand loyalty lies.
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by olekugames: 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
vowiski:

Microsoft is indirectly telling the whole world that they have given up entirely in gaming. Sony has literally destroyed Xbox and the brand.. PS4 @ $399 is a steal for any gamer irrespective of where brand loyalty lies.

You can get Amazon Giftcards,itunes Giftcards, Facebook Credits, Playstation Network Cards, and
Xbox Live Points !
at www.giftcardsnaija.com.
Lowest Cost and Instant Delivery !
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by leuelliot(m): 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
PS4 all the way
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by Junior360(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2013
coolThey can keep their crap! I'll be just fine with my x360. Especially when I upgrade it.
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by vowiski(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Junior360: coolThey can keep their crap! I'll be just fine with my x360. Especially when I upgrade it.

Upgrade it to where? You have not seen the grahpics and physics of next-gen that's why you think you can stick with an old garbage!
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by Bawss1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
^
Perhaps he means switching to a PS4/WiiU/PC?
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by Junior360(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
Upgrade it to where? You have not seen the grahpics and physics of next-gen that's why you think you can stick with an old garbage!

X360 is not garbage! And if its true that used game discs wont work on xbox 1, then it's not for us naijans. Graphics on x360 is still great.
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by 04kaa: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
All i want is the KILLER INSTINCT game , thats the only thing that can force me to buy the xbox one.
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by Bawss1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
^
Well when you buy it prepare to relocate to the US or UK where you will able to get the console to work. smiley
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by ritchboy(m): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2013
MS have removed the crappy DRM/no used games/region locking etc after public backlash... It still requires a one-time internet connection to setup after unboxing but nothing a basic proxy script/software won't get around. That's assuming they're sticking with the can only be activated in District 9, Precinct 13, Dark Sector etc
Re: Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch by scribble: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
ritchboy:
MS have removed the crappy DRM/no used games/region locking etc after public backlash... It still requires a one-time internet connection to setup after unboxing but nothing a basic proxy script/software won't get around. That's assuming they're sticking with the can only be activated in District 9, Precinct 13, Dark Sector etc

when is xbox one coming o?

(1) (Reply)

Empire Total War Special Forces Edition-razor1911 Is Very Good. / Playstation 3 Cds For Exchange / How Can I Play "Play Station 2 Games On Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.