Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,070 members, 7,890,525 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

Advice Needed Urgently! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed Urgently! (1114 Views)

Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Bunmi and I have been friends from our University days.She got married last year 2012 and does not have an issue yet.She came to my house last month and confided in me.She also asked me for advice which bin newly married I don't know what to say- She has a sister in law that has never married b4 but has a kid from an illicit affair when she was young.She doesn't have a stable job but junkets from place to place.hops from one man to another and tells countless lies.The SIL also has d habit of staying in her matrimonial home most times uninvited and would never announce a return date,until she feels lik moving to another place.Her husband on the other hand doesn't really like talking to the SIL,but whenever she's around,he makes sure Bunmi treats her so nicely claiming she went tru a lot for him.She's now in a dilemma that what if this SIL frm her junketings enter witchcraft and brings it along with her cos frustrated pipu are capable of doin anythn seeing she and her hubby in a blissful marriage,and what if wen the children comes,she influences them negatively with her incessant ready made lies? NLanders,over to you!
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
I can see views,no comments!
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by bellong: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Advice your friend to stop being paranoid and focus on her working for the betterment of her home.

The SIL will not stay in their house forever, hence no fear about influencing the coming kids negatively. If they have enough resources, they can settle the said SIL in a place of her own. That will reduce her coming to their house if its her presence making your friend uncomfortable.

Ask your friend, in what way or what has she done to positively influence her SIL for the time she's with them. Some people can be transformed for good by mere expression of love to them and making them valuable irrespective of the "bad" life they live. For the temporary time she stays with them, let her make considerable and conscious effort in talking with her SIL and see how she can help her live a good life. It is not enough to condemn someone especially when you have not done anything to help the person to live positively.

Whatever she believe in, let her in conjunction with her husband always be prayerful and be spiritually conscious. Fortifying her home with prayer.

Meanwhile, you need to edit the part you mention her name. Its not appropriate to do.

It is well with her.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
bellong: Advice your friend to stop being paranoid and focus on her working for the betterment of her home.

The SIL will not stay in their house forever, hence no fear about influencing the coming kids negatively. If they have enough resources, they can settle the said SIL in a place of her own. That will reduce her coming to their house if its her presence making your friend uncomfortable.

Ask your friend, in what way or what has she done to positively influence her SIL for the time she's with them. Some people can be transformed for good by mere expression of love to them and making them valuable irrespective of the "bad" life they live. For the temporary time she stays with them, let her make considerable and conscious effort in talking with her SIL and see how she can help her live a good life. It is not enough to condemn someone especially when you have not done anything to help the person to live positively.

Whatever she believe in, let her in conjunction with her husband always be prayerful and be spiritually conscious. Fortifying her home with prayer.

Meanwhile, you need to edit the part you mention her name. Its not appropriate to do.

It is well with her.

Oh thank u,appreciate ds piece!
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by PrettySpicey(f): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
I think your friend should not go looking to 'borrow' trouble. Her SIL maybe a real 'wahala' person but that don't mean she's about to join the 'flying' sistas.
But since she's worried, here's what she's got to do - PRAY.
Hmmm, Prayer is just the only weapon she's got. And while at it, she could pray too for SIL to turn her life over to God.
Miracles happen when women pray, remember that.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by slimyem: 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
Babymumsy: [She's now in a dilemma that what if this SIL frm her junketings enter witchcraft and brings it along with her cos frustrated pipu are capable of doin anythn seeing she and her hubby in a blissful marriage,and what if wen the children comes,she influences them negatively with her incessant ready made lies? NLanders,over to you!
shocked
What a way to think!
My people...always thinking someone's out to get 'em.
I can understand you been uncomfortable with the sister always coming around and her attitude but that wictchcraft angle? Choi!undecided

Anyways,I think you husband has the decision to make but since she's older and might be unwilling to confront her,he could have his parent talk her out of unnecessary stopovers in his house.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by lolaluv1(f): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
slimyem: shocked
What a way to think!
My people...always thinking someone's out to get 'em.
I can understand you been uncomfortable with the sister always coming around and her attitude but that wictchcraft angle? Choi!undecided

Anyways,I think you husband has the decision to make but since she's older and might be unwilling to confront her,he could have his parent talk her out of unnecessary stopovers in his house.
A million likes. Running when there's no one chasing.

I'm not saying people should not be sensitive o but if they become paranoid, they see things that are not even there. Using all their energies to bind and cast.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by greatgod2012(f): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
lola.luv:

A million likes. Running when there's no one chasing.

I'm not saying people should not be sensitive o but if they become paranoid, they see things that are not even there. Using all their energies to bind and cast.

lol@running when no one is chasing.
@op, tell your friend to free her mind, it is good for her healty. Being paranoid about so many things isnt healthy.
May God help her.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by kenyarttar: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Babymumsy: Bunmi and I have been friends from our University days.She got married last year 2012 and does not have an issue yet.She came to my house last month and confided in me.She also asked me for advice which bin newly married I don't know what to say- She has a sister in law that has never married b4 but has a kid from an illicit affair when she was young.She doesn't have a stable job but junkets from place to place.hops from one man to another and tells countless lies.The SIL also has d habit of staying in her matrimonial home most times uninvited and would never announce a return date,until she feels lik moving to another place.Her husband on the other hand doesn't really like talking to the SIL,but whenever she's around,he makes sure Bunmi treats her so nicely claiming she went tru a lot for him.She's now in a dilemma that what if this SIL frm her junketings enter witchcraft and brings it along with her cos frustrated pipu are capable of doin anythn seeing she and her hubby in a blissful marriage,and what if wen the children comes,she influences them negatively with her incessant ready made lies? NLanders,over to you!

Over to you ko, over to me ini. You should first of all slap yourself for sending your brain on holiday and being superstitious. When your head is straight and your brain correct you can than restate your issue.
Re: Advice Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2013
Babymumsy: Bunmi and I have been friends from our University days.She got married last year 2012 and does not have an issue yet.She came to my house last month and confided in me.She also asked me for advice which bin newly married I don't know what to say- She has a sister in law that has never married b4 but has a kid from an illicit affair when she was young.She doesn't have a stable job but junkets from place to place.hops from one man to another and tells countless lies.The SIL also has d habit of staying in her matrimonial home most times uninvited and would never announce a return date,until she feels lik moving to another place.Her husband on the other hand doesn't really like talking to the SIL,but whenever she's around,he makes sure Bunmi treats her so nicely claiming she went tru a lot for him.She's now in a dilemma that what if this SIL frm her junketings enter witchcraft and brings it along with her cos frustrated pipu are capable of doin anythn seeing she and her hubby in a blissful marriage,and what if wen the children comes,she influences them negatively with her incessant ready made lies? NLanders,over to you!

I feel sorry for the sister in law this is character assassination. A husband has to make his wife treat her SIL nicely. SMH About the witchcraft thing how did your friend come to this conclusion? is there something she saw? or is she herself involved in such.

(1) (Reply)

I Hate My Boss / Learning From Experience / Who Should Take And Pick Children From School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.