Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,661 members, 7,889,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* (2423 Views)

Tips To Help YOU Stay Healthy This Harmattan Season / How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) / Secret To Fight High Blood Pressure And Some Diseases And Stay Healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
[size=14pt]HEALTH BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL[/size]

Apart from the fact that olive oil adds a very good flavour to our meals, it's beneficial to our health in quite a number of ways. Below is a brief overview of some of it's health's benefits:

[size=14pt]1)OLIVE OIL HEALTH BASICS:[/size] A diet that is rich in olive oil has enhanced the health of people living in the Mediterranean region for thousands of years. Within the past century, however, olive oil's benefits have also been scientifically investigated, acknowledged, and proclaimed across the globe.

Take a spoonful or two to treat an upset stomach, difficult digestion, or constipation or to reduce the body's absorption of alcohol from alcoholic beverages.

Apply to skin to prevent dryness and wrinkles, to soften the skin, and to treat acne.

Use on the hair to make it shiny and to treat dandruff.

Strengthen nails by soaking them in warm olive oil.

Ease aching muscles by massaging them with olive oil.

Lower blood pressure by boiling olive tree leaves and drinking the "tea."

Clear nasal congestion with drops of olive oil in the nose.
Caution is however adviced when administering olive oil to children because in case where it has to be admistered through the nose or ears, it may get into their lungs and cause lipoid pneumonia.

To read more on that, do follow this link: http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/the-health-benefits-of-olive-oil-ga1.htm

[size=14pt]2) HEART'S BENEFITS[/size]: Research abounds regarding the benefits of monounsaturated fat. Other studies are showing that the potent phytochemicals (those substances in plants that may have health benefits for people) in olive oil -- specifically, a group called phenolic compounds -- appear to promote good health.

Studies have shown that a phytochemical in olive oil called hydroxytyrosol "thins" the blood. Other phytochemicals reduce inflammation of the blood vessels, prevent oxidation of fats in the bloodstream, protect blood vessel walls, and dilate the blood vessels for improved circulation.

[size=14pt]3) INFLAMATORY BENEFITS FROM OLIVE OIL :[/size] Inflammation within the body may occur in response to cigarette smoking or eating large amounts of saturated fat and trans fat. In overweight or obese people, excess fat from fat cells can float through the bloodstream and cause inflammation. Although inflammation can help the body, it can also hurt.

Certain dietary fats cause more of an inflammatory response than others. Trans fat and the saturated fat in animal foods stimulate inflammation. To a smaller extent, polyunsaturated fat in foods such as safflower oil, sunflower oil, and corn oil trigger inflammation, as well.

Again, this is where olive oil helps. Olive oil's phytonutrients -- in this case phenolic compounds called squalene, beta-sitosterol, and tyrosol -- don't cause the inflammation that other fats do.
To have an indepth knowledge of what inflamation is and how terribly it can affect the human system, do follow this link :http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/the-health-benefits-of-olive-oil-ga3.htm smiley
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
[size=14pt]4)CANCER BENEFITS FROM OLIVE OIL :[/size] Many medical researchers believe cancers of the colon, prostate, and breast are linked to dietary fat intake. Typically, high-fat diets were blamed, but research is beginning to suggest the more important factor may be the type of fat in the diet.
A study published in the March 2005 issue of the Annals of Oncology showed that oleic acid, the principal monounsaturated fat in olive oil, dramatically decreased the growth of aggressive forms of breast tumors in test tubes. When oleic acid was combined with the commonly used breast cancer drug Herceptin, the effectiveness of the drug was vastly improved. Read more : http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/the-health-benefits-of-olive-oil-ga2.htm

[size=14pt]5) DIABETES BENEFITS FROM OLIVE OIL :[/size] Lately, researchers and nutritionists have been debating the best type of eating pattern for people with diabetes. Some research indicates that a diet high in monounsaturated fat may be better than a low-fat, low-carbohydrate diet.

Numerous studies have suggested that people with diabetes who consume a diet high in monounsaturated fat have the same level of control over blood sugar levels as those who eat a low-fat diabetic diet. But monounsaturated fat also helps keep triglyceride levels in check, reduce LDL cholesterol levels, and increase HDL cholesterol levels. Read more here : http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/the-health-benefits-of-olive-oil-ga5.htm

[size=14pt]6) WEIGHT LOSS BENEFIT FROM OLIVE OIL :[/size] Obesity often comes hand-in-hand with high levels of cholesterol and lipids in the blood (hyperlipidemia), heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, certain cancers, and a higher rate of premature death.
Health-care professionals often recommend following a strict but healthy diet in order to lose weight. But there may be some good news for those overweight folks who struggle to limit dietary fat.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by rodeo0070(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Helpful tips I must say. Nice one.
But this your signature gat me LMAO...
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
rodeo0070: Helpful tips I must say. Nice one.
But this your signature gat me LMAO...
grin grin grin Thanks.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by tunwe(m): 2:04am On Jun 25, 2013
Quite informative. If i may ask, are you in healthcare profession? Vanneni.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
tunwe: Quite informative. If i may ask, are you in healthcare profession Vanneni?
Thanks. I'm jes someone who loves being healthy. cheesy
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Uchennaaaa(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
I wish we all (Nigerians) will learn to start cooking with olive instead of our palm oil which is very fattening and dey make person belle increase.

Nice and very informative article... grin

1 Like

Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
I really wish so too. A lot of these obese women and men wouldn't be so fat if they start eating healthy.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
I always use olive oil for my cooking and even frying. I like the flavor

1 Like

Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by jaytime(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Abeg this Olive oyel, na d one wey dem dey use for anointing thinz?
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
2buff: I always use olive oil for my cooking and even frying. I like the flavor
You know the real deal. cheesy
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
jaytime: Abeg this Olive oyel, na d one wey dem dey use for anointing thinz?
Yes it is.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 06, 2013
Vanneni: Yes it is.

cool stuff. smiley
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 06, 2013

same here!
ALWAYS! cool
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by channel190(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Uchennaaaa: I wish we all (Nigerians) will learn to start cooking with olive instead of our palm oil which is very fattening and dey make person belle increase.

Nice and very informative article... grin
hahahahahahahaha. 4 9ja?
Jux 4 a pot of soup, u go buy oil of #170. Tah,.

Africans never die.
#RED,OIL,ALL,THE,WAY.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by channel190(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
how many bottles per week.
E dey 4 20liters kag, ebi na dat tiny tinz?
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
ekwah:

cool stuff. smiley
Thanks. smiley
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
channel 190: hahahahahahahaha. 4 9ja?
Jux 4 a pot of soup, u go buy oil of #170. Tah,.

Africans never die.
#RED,OIL,ALL,THE,WAY.
grin smh. It's not just about being alive. It's more about being alive in a healthy and good looking state.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
channel 190: how many bottles per week.
E dey 4 20liters kag, ebi na dat tiny tinz?
I've seen it in 4L kegs but don't know if they have it in 20L kegs.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Vanneni Oyoyo, my sweety, my sugar. This is lovely, educating & life saving. I m beginning to imagine your cooking skill. Surely, you ll be an expert.
eh en! How e dey taste?
If it tastes nice & with all dz benefits, I ll divorce vegetable oil.
I m going to try olive oil asap.
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Vanneni Oyoyo, my sweety, my sugar. This is lovely, educating & life saving. I m beginning to imagine your cooking skill. Surely, you ll be an expert.
eh en! How e dey taste?
If it tastes nice & with all dz benefits, I ll divorce vegetable oil.
I m going to try olive oil asap.
It's really healthy. smiley One doesn't even need too much oil in one's diet.

1 Like

Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by elrony(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Always applied it alongside my hair sheen...cool stuff grin wink
Re: READ, EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STAY HEALTHY. *WINKS* by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
elrony: Always applied it alongside my hair sheen...cool stuff grin wink
Nice one. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Optometry, Opticianry And Ophthalmology In Nigeria / Help ! I Can't Make Love With My Wife / See What Taking Septrin Drug Did To A Lady's Face & Skin In Katsina(Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.