Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,668 members, 7,924,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 04:08 AM

Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) (1875 Views)

Checkout The Award Given To The Man of The Match ( Hilarious Photo) / Daniel Amaokachi Appointed As New Coach Of FC I'uba / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by timmfikk(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2008
To have a coach of the season in a particular league game this should be a man who has done a great JOB, a good one indeed for the club, i am not a premier league fan but i like watching the match they play many times, because you see a lot of shits that does not happen in the world of football happening in England, this is not good for English football and this is why FIFA does and will not recognise Premier League Stars. The likes of Thiery Henry have done good job and would have been named World Player of the Year but there league is not welcome so much, it has a lot of funding effort everyone agree on that but it lack Discipline a lot.

Back to my main topic, who can we call the Premiership coach of the season in England is it Sir Alex Ferguson of Man U, Avram Grant of Chelsea, this two man have done a great job, there team are both in the Final of the Champions League and 1st and 2nd in premiership with same points. Due to achieving Rafa Banitez Qualified for the semi-final after giving arsenal quit notice with experience and also we have Pompey who is the only man standing at the England FA Cup all this man have done each team proud to me, but if anyone indeed want to be sincere and say the fact Avram Grant will be the Premiership coach of the year, there are lots of reason why i said that:

1) He was able to accept all the Criticism from the Chelsea Fans Home and Abroad after the Departure of fake special one(Mourinho) everybody is special in a team, in the world of sports no one ever have honour like real madrid did, there is nothing special in winning 4 trophies in 3 season real madrid won over 4 titles in just two season, so i do not believe in calling a coach (SPECIAL ONE) .

2) He has been a good coach to his player, and also never loss focus as at when he was named the chelsea coach.

3) Every chelsea fans expect him to fail but he never does.

4) The first ever chelsea coach to bring them nearer to the Canaan Land where chelsea have never been to since the Creation of the club ( this makes him to be your special one my dear fan if you can reason with me)

5) He's been so friendly with all other coaches, Unlike your formal special one( Mourinho)

6)He's doing is best in other to help the club move forward

With this reasons i tell you this man is just the Premier League man of the Year. I want we fans of football to know that speaking the fact will boost the moral of the players and even talented players, if we are saying the right at the wrong time its not gonna be favourable.

I assume every team are good, nice and also great, players like themselves more than fans believe it so as all club managers.

Looking forward to your opinion about this.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by Akolawole(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2008
Why can't you just send this note to Mr Grant with a congratulatory card for taking Chelsea to champions league final?

Is Modearator working today?
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by dyabman(m): 7:29pm On May 07, 2008
@ timmfikk.

Look what u wrote bout grant, go to the post office and post him that letter, lol hahahahaha
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by Tattooboy: 7:30pm On May 07, 2008
@poster
who else 'cept Avram Grant
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by dangermous: 7:10pm On May 08, 2008
Tattooboy:

@poster
who else 'cept Avram Grant

Thank you sha. Considering wetin dey make the guy go through you know. His comeback was nothing short of dramatic.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by RuuDie(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2008
who else

PROF., PSYCHOLOGIST, PSYCHOANALYST, FIELD MARSHALL, DOCTOR AVRAM the "real Deal " GRANT
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by ritchboy(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2008
avram grant?coach of the season? shocked and sidwell should be the player of the season grin
so cos he got to the cl final(he hasnt even won it) we should forget all the stupid decisions/substitutions he's made?(his last two games against spurs come to mind).
chelsea have a great squad(arguably the best in the world).a club where cudicini is the second choice keeper, belleti/ferriera are 2nd/3rd choice right backs, alex is a 2nd choice center back, wayne bridge is a second choice left back, essien/mikel are 2nd choice midfielders(the former has settled for rb), malouda/anelka/swp/shevchenko are 2nd or 3rd choice fowards(these are all world class or very good players), and the likes of sidwell,pizarro,ben haim are virtually reserve players.ma great grand momma could manage chelsea and get the results. grin
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by timmfikk(m): 11:51pm On May 08, 2008
@ritchboy

avram grant?coach of the season? Shocked and sidwell should be the player of the season Grin
so because he got to the cl final(he hasnt even won it) we should forget all the stupid decisions/substitutions he's made?(his last two games against spurs come to mind).
chelsea have a great squad(arguably the best in the world).a club where cudicini is the second choice keeper, belleti/ferriera are 2nd/3rd choice right backs, alex is a 2nd choice center back, wayne bridge is a second choice left back, essien/mikel are 2nd choice midfielders(the former has settled for rb), malouda/anelka/swp/shevchenko are 2nd or 3rd choice fowards(these are all world class or very good players), and the likes of sidwell,pizarro,ben haim are virtually reserve players.ma great grand momma could manage chelsea and get the results. Grin

I guess you still don't understand many things, you are saying all this, when your so call Mourinho was there are this players you mention dead or on loan, my friend you need to know that a man who did it today will be happy to do it another time, thats all i can say for now after may 21st i will give you more reply thanks for your comment.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by dayokanu(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2008
@ Richboi,
how come mourinho could not play the UCL finals with this same team
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by akinalabi(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2008
Whoever wins the title naturally should be the coach of the
season.

We know the title will be going to Old Trafford so Sir Alex remains
god.

Aside Sir Alex, I doff my hat for Avram Grant. Against all odds, this
man has been able to drag Chelsea this far.

Chelsea fans don't like him and dont want him to succeed but he
has been resolute.

I've also been impressed with Juande Ramos, Harry Redknapp.

The outside the premiership, Paul Ince (MK Dons) and Tony Mowbray
(West Brom) deserve praises.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by dayokanu(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2008
Against all odd this Man Avram has suceeded right now I am an Avram grant Fan. He is my manager of the season he inherited a crisis ridden club, the players were on the verge of mutiny, All key players were injured, Drogba kept telling us of the club he wants to play for next season Real, Barca, AC Inter, bayern etc The fans never supported him yet he is in line for 2 trophies as at today. Is it because he is quiet and does not go about abusing other coaches?
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by akinalabi(m): 10:51am On May 09, 2008
@ dayokanu,

I agree with you on this one.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by DaJunta(m): 1:50pm On May 09, 2008
Grant cry
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by ritchboy(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2008
how come mourinho could not play the UCL finals with this same team
are u insinuating grant is a better manager than mourinho? shocked
dont get it twisted, mourinho NEVER had this much quality at his disposal in the later stages of the ucl.even cech said this current chelsea squad is the best theyve EVER had.besides, mourinho didnt get much luck in the ucl draws en route to the semis. 06/07- porto/valencia.05/06- barca(the best team on the planet at the time and eventual winners),04/05- barca, bayern.who did grant face? craplympiakos and fernercrapche grin.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by Christino(m): 2:46pm On May 14, 2008
Guys we have to be realistic, the man we all love to hate, Avram Grant, ugly and unpleasant to supermodels is the Coach of the year, having steered his team into THREE finals and narrowly lost. Also, seeing chelsea into their first Champs league final.

Common boys, give it to Avram!
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by Nobody: 1:58am On May 22, 2008
What do u say of Roy Hodgson of Fulham?

3 weeks to the end of the season, they were down and out.

But see d remarkable transfirmation.

For avoiding the drop in such a sensational manner, I say he deserves it!
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by timmfikk(m): 4:25am On May 23, 2008
@
What do u say of Roy Hodgson of Fulham?

He should have hold on for me to help him out, where was he when they where playing 35 matches was he blind then or something he deserve to be at division 1 league so if he drops there he has his job at stake lets repect those whom it deserve those who have done a great work during the season.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by akinalabi(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2008
@ timmfikk,

He wasn't in charge. He met a sinking ship and Fulham were
on their way down when he took over.

He did really well!
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by tkb417(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2008
i don hear another one
Avram Grant the coach of the season. . . .ahem . . . .for what if i may ask?
for coming 2nd in 3 competitions!!!!!
2nd in carling cup
2nd in the EPL
2nd in the UCL

what happens to the coaches that won those tourneys he was the second best?
someone said he inherited a crisis ridden club. what about Ramos?
when he took over, no one can remember the last time they won a game and what did Ramos do? he won a trophy at the expense of the same Gant or is it Grant.

gerrout all of u. shit talk
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by tkb417(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2008
@Poster
ur coach of the season has been sacked!!!!

u dont sack a coach of the season
lmao. .
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by dyabman(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2008
yes he has been sacked for real and for life, i want van basten or rikaard coming to chelsea,
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by mowetej: 2:35pm On May 26, 2008
of course avram deserves it
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by dayokanu(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2008
don't get it twisted, mourinho NEVER had this much quality at his disposal in the later stages of the ucl.even cech said this current chelsea squad is the best theyve EVER had.besides, mourinho didnt get much luck in the ucl draws en route to the semis. 06/07- porto/valencia.05/06- barca(the best team on the planet at the time and eventual winners),04/05- barca, bayern.who did grant face? craplympiakos and fernercrapche

Tell me the difference between Avrams squad and Mourinhos squad. That made Mourinho not to play the final.

Mourinho had it easy in fc Porto too Playing Lyon, Deportivo and Monaco from q-finals In between those 3 clubs they have zero UCL. When Mourinho(Fc Porto) played madrid in the group stages he lost home and away!!!! The only quality Opposition he beat was man Utd
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by rikkyjen(m): 11:11am On May 28, 2008
dayokanu:

Tell me the difference between Avrams squad and Mourinhos squad. That made Mourinho not to play the final.

Mourinho had it easy in fc Porto too Playing Lyon, Deportivo and Monaco from q-finals In between those 3 clubs they have zero UCL. When Mourinho(Fc Porto) played madrid in the group stages he lost home and away!!!! The only quality Opposition he beat was man Utd

He beat United cos a visually impaired ref disallowed Paul Scholes's goal. The stupid ref claimed Scholes's goal was an offside.

I tell you what Dayokanu, that game made JM the lippy one he is today!. If not because of that game, JM would have been rotten away in the portugese backwater league.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by timmfikk(m): 5:32am On May 29, 2008
@poster

i don hear another one
Avram Grant the coach of the season. . . .ahem . . . .for what if i may ask?
for coming 2nd in 3 competitions!!!!!
2nd in carling cup
2nd in the EPL
2nd in the UCL

what happens to the coaches that won those tourneys he was the second best?
someone said he inherited a crisis ridden club. what about Ramos?
when he took over, no one can remember the last time they won a game and what did Ramos do? he won a trophy at the expense of the same Gant or is it Grant.

gerrout all of u. shit talk

You must be a fool soccer fan, a fool soccer fan indeed if you're not kinda fooly one you would have known someone who did such a work under 8 months deserve a plus and not the fucking useless words you where talking about, you always fail to say the right thing, thats why ur country will remain the worst ever, you always belong to bad group, thats why you chelsea fans know the kind of club fans u have, i just think if ur so called coach you are talking about have a good and better time more than he has, he will do what a good coach will do, if you not not silly i think you should have asked arsene wenger why he came third and grant was second, maybe you fail to know that achieving a champion leage final, carling cup final, and as well being a second in a league table at the end of the season was to let you know he is still of of the best ones.

I dont want to talk about your so call special one by mouth and fumbling around who has not even got an offer from any worst club of theworld for the past 8 months.(he is so special indeed) waiting for people he can duped like he did in chelsea, well i don't think i need to talk about the life of chelsea or its fans till next season and lets see what ur coming coach will be able to get for you, with the kind of team he will have.

But @ you tkb417 you're a fool soccer fan believe it, you should have asked the likes of riijkaard who was in barca for a whole season yet third on leage table at the end of the season as well with 19 points behind what he was doing and that he was more better than avram as well
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by timmfikk(m): 5:39am On May 29, 2008
@Poster
your coach of the season has been sacked!!!!

u don't sack a coach of the season
lmao. .

@ poster
yes he has been sacked for real and for life, i want van basten or rikaard coming to chelsea,

@ poster

Insert Quote
of course avram deserves it

Is there a coach who can never be sacked, i want you to remember there was a coach who was sacked by 1 am, and he left without even able to tell his players am so sorry i am not going to be with you by next season was forced to leave btw 2-3 hours at same night, so its not a special news, and also a coach work is come stay with me and leave i dont need you anymore, forget it what i know is that chelsea only have the experience of getting to ucl final under the admin of avram, if u can delete that record, 4get it even is he was sent packing without paid he will remain ur hero else someone will erase it by winning it for u that all
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by ritchboy(m): 7:29am On May 29, 2008
@dayo,
The difference - alex,malouda,anelka,ben-haim,sidwell, pizarro,belleti.
U ask me y jose failed to take CHELSEA to d final then u start bringing up his record @ porto.what did i tell u about not getting it twisted?
Last time i checked, chelsea LOST the final.so i really dont know what ur still on about.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by Akolawole(m): 7:26pm On May 29, 2008
rikkyjen:

He beat United because a visually impaired ref disallowed Paul Scholes's goal. The stupid ref claimed Scholes's goal was an offside.

I tell you what Dayokanu, that game made JM the lippy one he is today!. If not because of that game, JM would have been rotten away in the portugese backwater league.

Rickky of all people

Remember JM won the UEFA cup before the champions league. a cup that i believe is tougher than champions leauge.

I cant wait to see super cup between United and St peters.

JM's best achievement was not in Chelsea neither was it in Porto but "quiz no 10 "

A winner will never cease to be one.

Welcome to Italino wink
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by akinalabi(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2008
@ rikkyjen,

He probably would not have rot away but the referee's mistake
surely launched Jose's career.

If Scholes perfectly good goal was allowed, Porto would have been
dead and buried and they would be out.

He wouldn't have won the UCL and Chesea wouldn't have signed
him.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by rikkyjen(m): 11:49pm On May 29, 2008
Akolawole:

Rickky of all people

Remember JM won the UEFA cup before the champions league. a cup that i believe is tougher than champions leauge.

I can't wait to see super cup between United and St peters.

JM's best achievement was not in Chelsea neither was it in Porto but "quiz no 10 "

A winner will never cease to be one.

Welcome to Italino wink

True, Akola, JM won the Uefa cup, but winning the Uefa cup wouldn't have propelled him to Villareal /Deportivo, not to talk of Chelsea.

If JM didn't the UEFA champions league, at most his fate would have been like Ramos who is coaching Totenham Spuds (a 2nd tier team in England). Afterall Ramos had the same pedigree as JM (they are all named as the best new set of coaches in Football)

It wasn't until when JM won the UEFA CL (thanks to that stupid ref again) that the world took JM seriously. Winning the Super Liga with Porto is nothing. We all Know Its either Porto win the portuguese league or Benefica does. Same as Lyon's dominance in France.

Yes JM is an awful good coach, but he got his lucky break in football ( thanks to United) and he was able to capitalise on that to become one of the best managers around now.

Was this not the same Jose the Interpreter of Barca?

Once More, Akolawole Mourinho grin grin. JM is one of the best in the game now, but his "STAR" and "Ire-Ayo" came out when Scholes goal was disallowed.

If not becos of his "Ire Ayo" that bu jade, he woulda been sitting on his blue chair in Porto. Am sure we have a lot of JM's in backwater leagues looking for their own break too, just like JM got his own. We should all be praying that our "Ire-Ayo" should bu jade like JM's "Ire-Ayo" came out. grin grin grin

Can you imagine a JM who earned less than 200,00 Euros/yr in Porto later became the highest paid manager in the EPL and 3rd highest in the world, even ahead of Baba Alex!!!!

Not only that, JM got the ballz to go buy a house @ Knightbridge while taking his kids to go watch WWF and putting them at the ring side. You know how much ring side cost? grin grin

I swear JM needs to cut part of his check to Paul Scholes and SAF. The only thing paining me is that Jose's new book, he ridiculed Baba Alex's winning ratio in United

Also he didn't mention the disaalowed goal that launched him to stardom. It is very painful, i swear it is. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

You agree, Akola?
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by rikkyjen(m): 11:58pm On May 29, 2008
akinalabi:

@ rikkyjen,

He probably would not have rot away but the referee's mistake
surely launched Jose's career.

If Scholes perfectly good goal was allowed, Porto would have been
dead and buried and they would be out.

He wouldn't have won the UCL and Chesea wouldn't have signed
him.

Akinlabi, totally spot on!. Without the disallowed goal, Chelsea would NEVER had hired JM. True, he may not have ended with some backwater league, But at the same time, he wont have coached Real Madrid or Barca

If the Scholes goal had been allowed,He probably woulda been employed to coach a 2nd tier team in maybe Spain, England or Italy. (Maybe teams like Deportivo, Newcastle, Fiorentina) etc Afterall Ramos won the UEFA cup and the Spanish Kings cup with Sevilla and yet he is coaching a 2nd tier team like Spurs!

If Ramos had won the UCL the following year at Sevilla, he would have been in Inter, AC or Madrid by now!.
Re: Premiership Coach Of The Season ( Who Deserve The Award) by Akolawole(m): 12:15am On May 30, 2008
@RikkyGenerator grin

Who no pray for Luck?

I remember when i was taking on Mumini Alao because of westerhof years ago.

He said "Clemence was lucky to be around at the finest hour of Nigerian football ", Even though that have iota of truth but who no want luck?

By and large, he's a brilliant coachand we all miss him. Too bad Benitez juju prevented him from returning to England grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Most Underrated Players In World Football Right Now / Nigeria VS Zambia Odds Comparison / 33 Great Players You Would Miss In World Cup 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.