Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,202 members, 7,903,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:48 AM

Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). (25679 Views)

Woman Names Baby Born During Obama's Trip To Kenya ''air Force One Barack Obama" / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - / 8 Photos You Didn't See From Obama's Trip To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
If obama likes he should remain in the airspace of the african countries he intends 2 visit,their presidents will meet him there. Is it africa who is happy that a brother is d president of u.s plot 2 kill him?
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by sanandreas(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
He did'nt write it himself but he is a custodian of knowledge. Have u ever come across this before? Learn to appreciate pple.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by deskossy(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
All this low IQ people hailing d op as inteligent..dummies is jst a copy and paste.and why are u people hating on obama,how is he worst than bush?plz give me reasons abeg

1 Like

Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by loswhite(m): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Billyonaire: To what end ? No system is perfectly safe in an era of drone and UAVs technologies.
hmmm so y don't u Js sleep and leave ur door open @ night since no system is perfectly safe
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by sanandreas(m): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
Wetin i wan talk. Hmmm brb
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by deols(f): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
shymexx:

He reminds me of the saying that goes thus: "Face of an angel and heart of the devil." The more he lies and act pretentious; the more he gets exposed as being worse than Bush. He sold the world a dream with his skin and teleprompter-enabled speeches. I still regret buying his books and, living "Dreams of my Father" with the "Audacity of Hope."

But hey, they're all frauds. The charismatic and eloquent ones among them are the most dangerous - like Tony Blair, like Obama. grin The former is now a living joke in human flesh and every time he opens his mouth; he's no different from someone who has lost touch with reality. Obama will end up like him as well. tongue

NSA's Utah based PRISM may be extracting my posts from the unsecured NL servers somewhere in America. But the original black man doesn't give two fvcks. I'm from the motherland and I've been to hell and back undecided

Happy Sunday! cool

I really feel gull** when I remember believing in the false hope. It is the worst form of fraud I have been exposed to sad

But hey, have you really been to hell?
grin
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Awoofawo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
osymerga: Are u saying with all this security details,assassins cannot get to him ? Cos i believe with every innovation in the security of a president,the enemy will too look for a way to penetrate the defences by all means(weak points). Cause/reaction....
eni ba ma ku yio ku dandan ni! if God says his time is up, no amount of security protection would stop him from dying! cos there is no absolute protection in technology and science (errors of mankind )!
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Symphony007: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
The u.s love to overhype themeselves...there is a car more sorphisticated than the cardillac one and that is the bentley state limo owned by queen elizabeth ii, the car can withstand the wave of a nuclear attack, it can run on flat tires, it operates with cooking oil, it is sir tight protecting the occupants from a gas attack, the doors are like vault doors, the doors can open 190 degrees,it is driven by an experienced MI6 agent, many more features of the car are secret and only two of this car were made and exist in the world and those two are owned by the queen.

Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
shymexx:

He reminds me of the saying that goes thus: "Face of an angel and heart of the devil." The more he lies and act pretentious; the more he gets exposed as being worse than Bush. He sold the world a dream with his skin and teleprompter-enabled speeches. I still regret buying his books and, living "Dreams of my Father" with the "Audacity of Hope."

But hey, they're all frauds. The charismatic and eloquent ones among them are the most dangerous - like Tony Blair, like Obama. grin The former is now a living joke in human flesh and every time he opens his mouth; he's no different from someone who has lost touch with reality. Obama will end up like him as well. tongue

NSA's Utah based PRISM may be extracting my posts from the unsecured NL servers somewhere in America. But the original black man doesn't give two fvcks. I'm from the motherland and I've been to hell and back undecided

Happy Sunday! cool
You're paranoid undecided
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by osymerga(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
How can one kill the american president if one wants to,with all this security details ? How possible can it be ? Just wondering.....
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by solomon111(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
shymexx:

Happy Sunday! cool
+1000.
That obama of a guy is a big fraud.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by solomon111(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
osymerga: How can one kill the american president if one wants to,with all this security details ? How possible can it be ? Just wondering.....
Are you aware of PRISM(American global internet spy programme)?
I can bet $1000 that you've been flagged by the american NSA and CIA.
Get ready to be disappeared.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by mu2sa2: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
osymerga: How can one kill the american president if one wants to,with all this security details ? How possible can it be ? Just wondering.....
The US president doesn't stay perpetually in the car. Let's not forget that Indira Ghandhi, one time Indian PM, was killed by one of her special body guards. I suppose all this security is for show or to discourage would-be terrorists.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
deols:
I really feel gull** when I remember believing in the false hope. It is the worst form of fraud I have been exposed to sad

grin

@ the bolded - literally speaking. grin As an African/black person, you always have to start from the bottom and work twice as hard as everyone else. That's "hell" for the black man. Anyway, thank God I'm close to "heaven" now. grin grin

Btw, I think we all should Mr. Obama for a refund because his "Audacity of Hope" gave us a false hope. tongue

1 Like

Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by dmitroika(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
highlandre:

I find this information highly interesting. Thanks

You're a mo.ron for quoting the whole post just to write a sentence.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ishilove:
You're paranoid undecided

I'm not paranoid, hun. Paranoia is for the weak-hearted, but a discerning mind overstands/understands everything that happens around him/her. The more they take my freedom away, the less human I become subconsciously. Lady liberty told me to always ask questions and I'll always do that.

Everything the leaders of new world order do, directly and indirectly affects most of us, who call the west our home. You know with the tax man taking a big chunk of my salary before BACS gets what I earned into my account. Recession caused by the blowback of interventionism in the land of the "ragheads," based on false premise.

Conscious and higher minds don't get paranoid, they just see what others can't see. undecided
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by kutchs: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
All this for a mere mortal? Wonder what will happen when Angel Micheal comes calling.

Btw Obama should not be too confident in the midst of all these arsenal, nothing I mean nothing works to perfection. Afterall Titanic was never meant to sink/capsize but it did.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by PurestBoy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
deols:

grin

You're a muslim and the fact that you hate America is obvious. Tell us what hope has been promised by an Islamist? Nkita!!
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Originakalokalo(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2013
After reading through the posts,i just realised that power is good.i love it.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Debeloved87(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
Wow...this is brilliant and interesting. I want to commend naptu and symphonny, especially naptu for taking his time out to goggle out this "stuffs" and, posted it here on Nairaland for our own reading benefits...this is highly informative...however, we shouldnt put all our trust in all those security gadgets and peripherals even the president knows he is not 100% secured, those things are just normal protocols when regional,national or continental visitation is concerned, and quite necessary in order to curb any uncertainties, or potential threats.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by chriskwaku: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
solomon111: That means if he were coming to Nigeria,he would be accompained by atleast 10 B-2 nuclear-capable spirit bombers,5 nuclear powered submarines,6 air-crafts carriers and 20 F-35s fighters,and 1000 SSS and CIA agents.
What a waste of tax payers money.
No-wonder,the real americans want him out by all means.
Trust me they would have done the same if it was Mitt Rommney or any other.The most annoying aspect is the inconvenience to some people in the host country.When he was in Ghana 4 years ago no airline was permitted to fly or land hours before he came.All roads where he passed were also closed to the public.The hotel where he would sleep, no go area.Prevention they say is better than cure but the Yankees go to the extreme.Haba
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by naptu2: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2013
Debeloved87: however, we shouldnt put all our trust in all those security gadgets and peripherals even the president knows he is not 100% secured, those things are just normal protocols when regional,national or continental visitation is concerned, and quite necessary in order to curb any uncertainties, or potential threats.

One day President Kennedy went to play golf. There were a lot of secret service guys on the course with submachine guns in their golf bags. Kennedy told his friend that it didn't matter. "If someone wants to get me, they'll get me". He was right.

The host country also bears part of the burden/cost of security. Local police officers must set up road blocks, screen people etc, and they have to increase security around their president in case anything happens. I remember when Clinton came to Nigeria. Gorilla number 1 and 2 stuck to Obasanjo like glue.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by GooseBaba: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
blink182: remember America is a $12trn economy while Nigeria's is about $380bn. There are local councils in America that probably have budget as big as Nigeria's budget.

Local council for where...! Abeg name dem..!! I dey wait
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
Who gives a flying fvck that these incompetent scandal plagued puppet of a president is coming to Africa, probably coming to push his homosexual agenda anyway. He should stay back in the US and try to fix his country imploding economy before coming to lecture us in Africa about good governance.
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by kayoday(m): 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
naptu2:

I remember when Clinton came to Nigeria. Gorilla number 1 and 2 stuck to Obasanjo like glue.

Abeg which one be gorilla 1 and 2 ??
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Ishilove: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
shymexx:

I'm not paranoid, hun. Paranoia is for the weak-hearted, but a discerning mind overstands/understands everything that happens around him/her. The more they take my freedom away, the less human I become subconsciously. Lady liberty told me to always ask questions and I'll always do that.

Everything the leaders of new world order do, directly and indirectly affects most of us, who call the west our home. You know with the tax man taking a big chunk of my salary before BACS gets what I earned into my account. Recession caused by the blowback of interventionism in the land of the "ragheads," based on false premise.

Conscious and higher minds don't get paranoid, they just see what others can't see. undecided
I don't know what the heck you typed up here, but it sure does sound impressive grin grin tongue
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by Ishilove: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
kayoday:

Abeg which one be gorilla 1 and 2 ??
My broda ehn, the tin do me like latin too undecided
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by InvertedHammer: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
blink182: remember America is a $12trn economy while Nigeria's is about $380bn. There are local councils in America that probably have budget as big as Nigeria's budget.

To put it into perspective.

US has 50 states

California is 1/50 states in USA

Los Angeles is one of the major metropolitan areas in California.

Los Angeles economy is $700b while Nigeria as a country is $380bn

Comparing Nigeria to USA is like comparing Angwan Rimi to Lagos

USA > California > Los Angeles >........> Nigeria

STOP COMPARING NIGERIA TO USA!
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by GooseBaba: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
InvertedHammer:

To put it into perspective.

US has 50 states

California is 1/50 states in USA

Los Angeles is one of the major metropolitan areas in California.

Los Angeles economy is $700b while Nigeria as a country is $380bn

Comparing Nigeria to USA is like comparing Angwan Rimi to Lagos

USA > California > Los Angeles >........> Nigeria

STOP COMPARING NIGERIA TO USA!

Even if we compare sef....the guy said local council.. Apparently he does not know the duties of a local council...can someone post the budget of any local councils in America that is up to $300 billion dollars...I dey wait..
Re: Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). by InvertedHammer: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Symphony007: The u.s love to overhype themeselves...there is a car more sorphisticated than the cardillac one and that is the bentley state limo owned by queen elizabeth ii, the car can withstand the wave of a nuclear attack, it can run on flat tires, it operates with cooking oil, it is sir tight protecting the occupants from a gas attack, the doors are like vault doors, the doors can open 190 degrees,it is driven by an experienced MI6 agent, many more features of the car are secret and only two of this car were made and exist in the world and those two are owned by the queen.

It offers the protection they need. Period! If the Queen's limo likes let it evaporate in thin air.

US government can afford any car they want but they chose Cadillac--an American company for security and Intelligence reasons.

What is GEJ rolling on? Mercedes--a German car? And you think GEJ is not being monitored? LOL.

Once you trust outsiders with huge interests to provide your comfort, you are toast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hungary's PM Visits Putin In Moscow Sparking Outrage From NATO (Photos) / Ukrainian War: G7 Countries Should Mind Its Own Business - China / Haiti Prime Minister, Ariel Henry Survives Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.