Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

Drinking Too Much Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drinking Too Much Water (1495 Views)

3 Reasons Why Drinking Too Much Water Is Bad For You. / Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill !!! / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drinking Too Much Water by tngtech(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2008
Drinking of too much water, what does it do to the body.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Encomium(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2008
it helps to regulate the osmotic level of the body likewise aids in replenishing the lost fluids in the body during sweating, stooling and urinating. It facilitates the quick digestive mechanism.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by HRhotness(f): 6:54pm On May 07, 2008
Does wonders for your skin
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cadet(f): 9:29pm On May 07, 2008
Encomium:

it helps to regulate the osmotic level of the body likewise aids in replenishing the lost fluids in the body during sweating, stooling and urinating. It facilitates the quick digestive mechanism.
Yea, but how much is too much? Drinking too much water can lead to water intoxication and to the dilution of sodium in the body, this can imbalance the homeostasis of the body, leading to hyponatremia.

So what is the right amount of water for the body? People usually say 8 ounces, but different body different needs, so ask your doctor about it smiley
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by wendymanda: 9:33pm On May 07, 2008
Cadet:

Yea, but how much is too much? Drinking too much water can lead to water intoxication and to the dilution of sodium in the body, this can imbalance the homeostasis of the body, leading to hyponatremia.

So what is the right amount of water for the body? People usually say 8 ounces, but different body different needs, so ask your doctor about it smiley

I think on a regular basisit is hard to drink intoxicating amounts of water. That usually happens at raves.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Dreloaded(f): 9:33pm On May 07, 2008
oooo raves grin
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cadet(f): 9:45pm On May 07, 2008
wendymanda:

I think on a regular basisit is hard to drink intoxicating amounts of water. That usually happens at raves.
Sorry, but what's raves?
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by 4Him1(m): 9:47pm On May 07, 2008
Its impossible to drink too much water unless you're forced to.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cadet(f): 9:51pm On May 07, 2008
Who told you that?
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by 4Him1(m): 9:55pm On May 07, 2008
Cadet:

Who told you that?

Can you drink more water than ur stomach has a capacity for?
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by wendymanda: 9:57pm On May 07, 2008
Cadet:

Sorry, but what's raves?

Raves are massive parties where people usually take LSD and ecstasy.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cadet(f): 9:58pm On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

Can you drink more water than your stomach has a capacity for?
Are you expecting to dump a gallon of water in your mouth at once?
Crazy people crazy actions

wendymanda:

Oh ok, I would not know about that.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by LadyT(f): 9:59pm On May 07, 2008
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A woman who competed in a radio station’s contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner’s office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the “Hold Your Wee for a Wii” contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

“She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad,” said Laura Rios, one of Strange’s co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. “She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her.”
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cadet(f): 10:00pm On May 07, 2008
LadyT:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A woman who competed in a radio station’s contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner’s office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the “Hold Your Wee for a Wii” contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

“She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad,” said Laura Rios, one of Strange’s co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. “She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her.”

May God bless you for that fact. You reading this, David?
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by 4Him1(m): 10:04pm On May 07, 2008
well i hope she took her Wii with her to the grave.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cadet(f): 10:05pm On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

well i hope she took her Wii with her to the grave.
LMAO!! Just admit you learned sth today smiley
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by LadyT(f): 10:05pm On May 07, 2008
No David she won it for her 3 kids
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by 4Him1(m): 10:07pm On May 07, 2008
anytime the kids want to play with their mummy they shld just get out the Wii and play.
I suppose the radio station will supply them a lifetime worth of Wii games.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Dreloaded(f): 1:27am On May 08, 2008
wendymanda:

you say that like it's mandatory. for them to have such drugs. Some do, some dont. Raves are defined by the kind of music played which is electronica for the most part

But yea with Ecstasy, you are supposed to drink alot of water.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Spermdrops(m): 2:34am On May 08, 2008
Too much of everything is bad including water.
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by Cayon(f): 2:36am On May 08, 2008
my habit is "crunching" on ice. I was told maybe my blood is low why love ice lipsrsealed
Re: Drinking Too Much Water by dragnet: 2:48pm On May 08, 2008
too much of everything is bad

(1) (Reply)

Loose Weight Within Few Days / Sunburn, Food And The Nigerian / Why Can't I Be Active In My Role As A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.