Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,123 members, 7,907,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:08 PM

Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister (11286 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by bankyblue(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2013
At 53 pluS we re celebrating just 7! And come to think of it,
In the next 2 year all those things will be history. We lack
Both maintenance and continuity culture
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by abduldope(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2013
zING!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Occurstaem(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2013
Atleast we are improving.Kudos to GEJ administration on that.
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 15, 2013
Mr. Minister is lying, let him name the hospitals.
Dialysis is different from kidney transplant oh.
Mr. Minister please show us the kidney transplant centers and not dialysis centers.
Only University of Ilorin exists. Mr. Minister please prove me wrong

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2013
Our politicians, have they visited the hospital for any treatment?
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by gbanikiti(m): 10:45am On Jun 15, 2013
debrief08: Mr. Minister is lying, let him name the hospitals.
Mr. Minister please show us the kidney transplant centers and not dialysis centers.
I don't think the Minister knows the difference between a dialysis center and a transplant center.

But why should the government of Goodluck Jonathan resort to lies? Am yet to recover from the shock of Ministry of Mines and Steel creating a fictional 1.2 million jobs, another 2.4 million fictional job creation by Ministry of Agriculture, now this fat lie by Minister of Health? what is this country turning into?
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Truckpusher(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2013
Shollypopz: Threads like these remind me of where I really come from - a fvcking third world country! Sad sad
And where you are right now was built by people like you who stood by and built something their children would call their own grin
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by esperiense(m): 11:28am On Jun 15, 2013
debrief08: Mr. Minister is lying, let him name the hospitals.

This is too badt. U never heard of Emeritus Prof Akinkungbe renal transplant center? Pls u woudnt be spoon fed. Learn to find out tins.
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2013
gbanikiti: I don't think the Minister knows the difference between a dialysis center and a transplant center.

But why should the government of Goodluck Jonathan resort to lies? Am yet to recover from the shock of Ministry of Mines and Steel creating a fictional 1.2 million jobs, another 2.4 million fictional job creation by Ministry of Agriculture, now this fat lie by Minister of Health? what is this country turning into?

Berries, Do you know what job creation means? Don't you know that jobs are created along the value chain and some jobs are short term.
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 15, 2013
The name of the seven hospitals please? abi we be fools?
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 15, 2013
Dike Chimezie: A commendable development.
The transformation is on.
Slow and Steady trans-form-ation.
we need better, more efficient, more transparent, HONEST, QUICKER, MORE INTELLIGENT leaders. We want to think higher and become the best. We dont want fraudulent practices from leaders anymore. We are TIRED of this! Yes, there are obstacles, and yes the obstacles are very great, but the government can do more. Thatr why i'm happy, but not satisfied just yet. WE ARE RICH IN RESOURCES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! They can alleviate poverty and insecurity in a short while. They can make us closer to light. Naijas problem is its people. When/if u or i step into any position of authority, from class rep, to student union government. Will u make a difference, or will u go with the current flow? Let us collectively change naija by standing for and supporting what is right wherever we find ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
Good one! Transformation in all sector
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
Adex097: 7 hospitals for a population of close to 0.5 billion people *smh*
Well 7 is still better than non.

If past leaders equipped 7 hospital each this way, we should ....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
slickrick7: no be the clinics oh, do they have a kidney bank there?? abi na instruments dem go install for people belle

there is no need for a bank. These sucide bombers could be taught to donate both kidneys at d same time so that they will die and receive 72 virgins in heaven.

Its a more honourable death than bombing yourself just like dat.
Wait, Let me go and talk to these aboki patients of mine.........
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2013
adisa_segun: The name of the seven hospitals please? abi we be fools?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by aieromon(m): 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
You beat your chest in glory and fail to name the hospitals equipped as world class renal centres?

Minister is surely a learner.
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by kingjohnny(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
It is really worthy of applause shocked
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by SuyaEater(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
Its a start my fellow naijas....keep up the good work....dialysis machines should be everywhere...that is the first step in saving someone's life then kidney transplant
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
And neither the late Yaradua nor Patience Jonathan ,Liyel Imoke or Sullivan Chime saw any of these ultra modern hospitals

Mschtwwww

Where are these hospitals ?
How many transplants have they performed each?
At what cost and what is their 5 yr survival rate ?
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Stiv(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by ssii: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
Is this true or another abracadabra? The minister should have listed the hospitals that have been so equipped.
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by deletrue: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
Pedagogue:

D problem with Nigerians is that majority of us accept whatever we are told without asking questions!

GEJ and the minister cannot claim (and of course they've not claimed) that these 7 hospitals have not been undertaking kidney transplant surgeries before this administration!!

Thus, the headline is in bad taste! If the minister feels they equipped these 7 teaching hospitals with the 'state of the art equipments', don't we deserve to know what was spent and what was bought!!! So, the pictures represents all the billions d ministry got as allocations in 2 years? Politicians have a way of swindling Nigerians sha!!! If not, why wil anyone see these as the achievements of the federal ministry of health in 2 years?

Just like in other sectors, GEJ has not in anyway done anything significant in the health sector...Why was his wife not treated in Nigeria? Is it not a slap on his face that his wife could not be treated in the country he presides over? To make matters worse,they even have the audacity to lay claim to achievements in hospitals they do not believe in!!!
If the Minister of health has kidney failure tomorrow (God forbid) i'm sure he will abandon the so called state of the art facilities and travel to Germany...So,what are they celebrating?
On a sarcastic note, it is instructive to note that GEJ's brother was treated in Nigeria (Aso Rock hospital) for what was described as 'minor sickness',but quite sadly, he died!!! Patience Jonathan was hospitalised in Germany and at a point, she said she was dead for many days...Today, she's hale and hearty!!! Is this not an ironical description of the way things are in this country?

*So. In what way has GEJ transformed or ingested 'fresh air' to our health care system? His family,ministers and associates fly out to treat headache and malaria while the masses are left to visit the slaughter slabs they call hospitals!!
Mandela has never been flown out of his country for treatment...Is SA not an African country like Nigeria? How can such happen in Nigeria when Nigerians unwittingly support politicians that create a separate world for themselves and a different one for the masses! What is good for d goose should be good for the gander!!!

what makes me fedup is the ever increasing number of societal deviants. Look at this man, having written very lengthy thread but deviated from the main issue. And to further show the rubbishness of this writer, he is advancing two examples, jonah's wife and his brother. The simple question to you is if Jona's wife sickness and his brother has to do with kidney issues?
na you sabi. Keep dashing op.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by dlox147(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
Pedagogue:

D problem with Nigerians is that majority of us accept whatever we are told without asking questions!

GEJ and the minister cannot claim (and of course they've not claimed) that these 7 hospitals have not been undertaking kidney transplant surgeries before this administration!!

Thus, the headline is in bad taste! If the minister feels they equipped these 7 teaching hospitals with the 'state of the art equipments', don't we deserve to know what was spent and what was bought!!! So, the pictures represents all the billions d ministry got as allocations in 2 years? Politicians have a way of swindling Nigerians sha!!! If not, why wil anyone see these as the achievements of the federal ministry of health in 2 years?

Just like in other sectors, GEJ has not in anyway done anything significant in the health sector...Why was his wife not treated in Nigeria? Is it not a slap on his face that his wife could not be treated in the country he presides over? To make matters worse,they even have the audacity to lay claim to achievements in hospitals they do not believe in!!!
If the Minister of health has kidney failure tomorrow (God forbid) i'm sure he will abandon the so called state of the art facilities and travel to Germany...So,what are they celebrating?
On a sarcastic note, it is instructive to note that GEJ's brother was treated in Nigeria (Aso Rock hospital) for what was described as 'minor sickness',but quite sadly, he died!!! Patience Jonathan was hospitalised in Germany and at a point, she said she was dead for many days...Today, she's hale and hearty!!! Is this not an ironical description of the way things are in this country?

*So. In what way has GEJ transformed or ingested 'fresh air' to our health care system? His family,ministers and associates fly out to treat headache and malaria while the masses are left to visit the slaughter slabs they call hospitals!!
Mandela has never been flown out of his country for treatment...Is SA not an African country like Nigeria? How can such happen in Nigeria when Nigerians unwittingly support politicians that create a separate world for themselves and a different one for the masses! What is good for d goose should be good for the gander!!!

bro a little research wld hav saved d stress of this whole write up..
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by omiobo: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
Trust naija,we go start to dey see kidneys inside cash and carry,mega plaza and shop rite with price tag grin

It is business time!
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by PEREP: 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Adex097: 7 hospitals for a population of close to 0.5 billion people *smh*
Well 7 is still better than non.
Do we all need a transplant? I know I don't need one.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by tosin2013: 8:37am On Jun 16, 2013
sad sorry to burst ur bubble guys! But guess what ITS BLOODY PROPAGANDA.
OAUTH Ife, AKTH Kano, UCH, Ibadan, UDUTH sokoto, national hosp abuja n I think UITH ilorin av been doing transplants long be4 gej. Infact akth's first was around 2004!

It means gej has so far added only one more.! I don't even know d one since they won't mention it.
Those are d facts guys! grin
Re: Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister by Buchianom(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2013
Chukwu is one f d few ministers dat shld be fired by GEJ, he lacks ideas on hw to improve the health sector. Its only an ignorant fellow dat wil belive al d thrash he was sprewing dat day.

I wonder hw a hospital wia workers embark on industrial actions every now $ then; hospitals wia professionals dnt go fr trainings; wia infrastructures ar rarely purchased; wia substandard drugs ar bn purchased $ dispensed $ a whole lot of misnomer thrives wil function effectively.

They can equip the hospitals with word class equipments but once the basic things aren't in place, they will all rust.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Whisky Terminate Pregnancy? / Blessing Charles Engages In Community Health Outreach / Bodyform Responds To Facebook Comment About Periods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.