Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:55 PM

China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students (21531 Views)

Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by alexis(m): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
tbaba1234: USSR did it for decades, suppressing religion. When they fell, the muslims reclaimed their heritage. Look at young kazaks and other ex soviets coming back to practising the deen, it is so beautiful.

The Mongols did it, they destroyed the seat of the Islamic Caliphate, baghdad. Within a century, the mongols were muslims and were living as muslims.

They planned but Allah also planned; Allah is the Best of Planners. Surah(3:54)

Oga - stop twisting history as if it is a divine call in favor of Islam. America invaded Iraq (the once so called most powerful military in the Middle East); captured Saddam; handed him over to his own people and his own people hanged him. America turned over Iraq to Iragis - did Allah plan this?

Israel made a show of most Arab nations by capturing most of Egypt, the golan heights in Syria and fought off an Arab (muslim) attack - Did Allah plan this as well? Muslims lay claim to present day Israel as their land, why hasn't Allah given it to them? Isn't He the best of planners? grin

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by DeeMarathon(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
papi365: BOKO HARAM.

Illiteracy is really a liability!!!!! I pray you see the light and true path.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by papi365: 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexis:

Oga - stop twisting history as if it is a divine call in favor of Islam. America invaded Iraq (the once so called most powerful military in the Middle East); captured Saddam; handed him over to his own people and his own people hanged him. America turned over Iraq to Iragis - did Allah plan this?

Israel made a show of most Arab nations by capturing most of Egypt, the golan heights in Syria and fought off an Arab (muslim) attack - Did Allah plan this as well? Muslims lay claim to present day Israel as their land, why hasn't Allah given it to them? Isn't He the best of planners? grin

brilliant answer
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Allenkee: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Mogenerous:

Side effect of skipping meal? I have been fasting since I was 7years old and I'm here heal and healthy... The sick ones can be exempted from fasting and not the healthy ones...

The sick ones can exempt fasting but not the healthy ones!
What if healthy one ignor fasting what will you do? You flog him or her to death just like it is done in Iran?
What a religion of pise.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Osumare1: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
It is so unfortunate that at this age of development some iotas of uncivilized religious discrimination could still rear its ugly head more so in a country believed to be loved by those who believed in economic, religious and technological liberation. We can see that those enemies of the Muslims are the real SILENT trouble makers while they tend to blackmail the Muslims who do not toy or play with their faith.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Cocodiva: 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
papi365: I REALIZE ENGLISH WAS NOT UR MAJOR IN SKOOL. MTCHEEW

Now I realize how low your level of comprehension is.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by hegelian: 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
tbaba1234: USSR did it for decades, suppressing religion. When they fell, the muslims reclaimed their heritage. Look at young kazaks and other ex soviets coming back to practising the deen, it is so beautiful.

The Mongols did it, they destroyed the seat of the Islamic Caliphate, baghdad. Within a century, the mongols were muslims and were living as muslims.

They planned but Allah also planned; Allah is the Best of Planners. Surah(3:54)

please dont equate God (Allah) with humans. how can u compare human to God in planning. if you dont know how to interpret a verse please desist from doing so. saying Allah is planning versus human is silly and out of point.

and the truth is every major religions today is trying to supress the freedom of other religions, something which is not Allah's will. as u are free to practice your religion, let others be free to pracrice theirs. if Islam is a greater religion (which am sure is) then we should lead by example and let others emulate us. are other religions not suppressed in Islmaic countries of the world. can a Buddist, Hindus or Xtians express their religion without fear in all islamic countries of the world without fear..

if we want change, then we should lead by example (before we remove clog in another person's eyes why not us remove it from ours first if we are nt hypocrite).

Prophet Muhammed lived freely and happily with jews, xtians, and atheist during its own time ryt there in the heart of mecca and medina (why cant we follow his footstep if we are truely one of his) all we know how to do is to fight for supremacy everytime and everywhere even when God says he is for all mankind (both Muslims and non muslims) jeezzzz

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Chinese Government is doing God's work indeed. Make dem carry go, joor!

4 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
hegelian:

please dont equate God (Allah) with humans. how can u compare human to God in planning. if you dont know how to interpret a verse please desist from doing so. saying Allah is planning versus human is silly and out of point.

and the truth is every major religions today is trying to supress the freedom of other religions, something which is not Allah's will. as u are free to practice your religion, let others be free to pracrice theirs. if Islam is a greater religion (which am sure is) then we should lead by example and let others emulate us. are other religions not suppressed in Islmaic countries of the world. can a Buddist, Hindus or Xtians express their religion without fear in all islamic countries of the world without fear..

if we want change, then we should lead by example (before we remove clog in another person's eyes why not us remove it from ours first if we are nt hypocrite).

Prophet Muhammed lived freely and happily with jews, xtians, and atheist during its own time ryt there in the heart of mecca and medina (why cant we follow his footstep if we are truely one of his) all we know how to do is to fight for supremacy everytime and everywhere even when God says he is for all mankind (both Muslims and non muslims) jeezzzz

As far as I'm concern, this guy is the only True Muslim in Nairaland, Period.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by shegz1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
maclatunji:

And your specific complaint is?
Are you Blind? Don't you see what he write. Let other religion be permitted in Saudi Arabia too if Islam is truly a religion of peace
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by raeez(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Allen kee:

The sick ones can exempt fasting but not the healthy ones!
What if healthy one ignor fasting what will you do? You flog him or her to death just like it is done in Iran?
What a religion of pise.
just name one instance where someone was flogged to death cos he didn't fast
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Mintayo(m): 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
shegz1:
Are you Blind? Don't you see what he write. Let other religion be permitted in Saudi Arabia too if Islam is truly a religion of peace
i think d big question is," what will happen to islam if other religion is allowd in saudi??"
Fear will never allow them permit any other religion 'invade' saudi!
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by hegelian: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
raeez: just name one instance where someone was flogged to death cos he didn't fast
you dont need to go far. come down to kano and come ans see what hisbah is doing. they destroy people people market for selling cooked food during ramadan and even go as far as arresting them (keeping them behind bars) and u tell me thats not intolerance at its peak. this is not hearsay but what i witnessed

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Msgamble: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

How many families can the Chinese government punish?
chinese muslim are not real chinese lyk han,tibet buh uighur their language n culture is similar to turkish,kazak,turkmenistan..they only make less 2% of total population..@vedax, u better get ur fact right nt from NTA,During the last xmas,chinese president gave tv appearance n wishing xtain good tiding..xtainity is nt ban in china(over 5%) even Cctv newscaster lyk Jame chau,raquel olson,victor gao,MR. Einar,michelle(travelogue anchor) are chinese xtain..ignorance is a disease
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2013
hegelian:

*Yawns* Let me know when you are done pandering. #LOL

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2013
Msgamble: chinese muslim are not real chinese lyk han,tibet buh uighur their language n culture is similar to turkish,kazak,turkmenistan..they only make less 2% of total population..@vedax, u better get ur fact right nt from NTA,During the last xmas,chinese president gave tv appearance n wishing xtain good tiding..xtainity is nt ban in china(over 5%) even Cctv newscaster lyk Jame chau,raquel olson,victor gao,MR. Einar,michelle(travelogue anchor) are chinese xtain..ignorance is a disease

And they are citizens of which country? 2% of 1,354,040,000, equals what? Ethnicity does not equal citizenship. That you are Han does not guarantee that you are a Chinese citizen and that you are not Han does not mean you cannot be Chinese. You are not stating anything I have not posted about here before.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:13am On Jul 16, 2013
shegz1:

You still haven't posted substance, you guys are quite inept opposition on this thread.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

*Yawns* Let me know when you are done pandering. #LOL

Typical. Always shying away when the truth when thrown at your faces.

A fellow Muslim is trying to reason with you and you are childishly brushing him off.
Okay OO.

3 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Typical. Always shying away when the truth when thrown at your faces.

A fellow Muslim is trying to reason with you and you are childishly brushing him off.
Okay OO.

There is such a thing as a "naive" Muslim. Go figure.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

You still haven't posted substance, you guys are quite inept opposition on this thread.

Muslim of your mentality is what is wrong with Islam of today.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

There is such a thing as a "naive" Muslim. Go figure.

Just because he doesn't hide from the truth doesn't make him 'naive', rather it makes him a much greater Muslim than you will ever be.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Muslim of your mentality is what is wrong with Islam of today.

You don't know Islam, how can you know its problems? #Hahahaha
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:23am On Jul 16, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Just because he doesn't hide from the truth doesn't make him 'naive', rather it makes him a much greater Muslim than you will ever be.

A non-Muslim who doesn't believe wants to teach Islam and tell its "truth". #Grand
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

You don't know Islam, how can you know its problems? #Hahahaha

I'm not blind, you know? I still live on planet earth. And from what I read everyday on the news, Islam is very intolerant of other religions.

And it all stems from people that thinks like you. Condescending of other religions and refusal to accept criticism, even if it's constructive is the bane of your existence.

5 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

A non-Muslim who doesn't believe wants to teach Islam and tell its "truth". #Grand

Your shot missed it's intended mark...sorry.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 12:34am On Jul 16, 2013
FrostyZonn:

I'm not blind, you know? I still live on planet earth. And from what I read everyday on the news, Islam is very intolerant of other religions.

And it all stems from people that thinks like you. Condescending of other religions and refusal to accept criticism, even if it's constructive is the bane of your existence.

I rest my case.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 16, 2013
maclatunji:

I rest my case.

The very first smart decision you made since this thread started.

4 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by tbaba1234: 12:42am On Jul 16, 2013
hegelian:

When a muslim ends with Jeez!! and quotes a bible verse to prove his point, It shows where he is coming from but i do not necessarily blame you, the problem is wide spread. Since you say, you are muslim, i take your word for it.

Now, do you know the ayah and its context? Do pick up a Quran and read what it was talking of and you would know why it fits here. You might be able to get a few quotes from it (the Quran)next time to help you with your point.

That is an actual ayah of the Quran if you didn't notice and Allah is the one saying that : He is the best of planners.

And yes, the muslims do have problems of their own but that is not the subject of the thread, the thread is about something else.

And yes, We should live by example, living by example means condemning injustice whereever it occurs. This is an injustice so i am allowed to comment on an injustice which you seem to miss out on. Speak out against injustice even if it against your own selves (from an actual Quranic ayah).

If you bring another thread of injustice against another group, id condemn it too.

Now the question is, how many muslim countries have you actually been in that you are such an authority on oppression?

Yes, The messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) lived in peace with his neighbours but he also waged war against his enemies. You should read a good book about his life, it was incredible.

Where, in this article is there a fight for supremacy?? We want people to be able to decide not to eat.

You, my friend should also worry about your muslim brothers finding it hard to fast and all the oppressed in the world.

While you are doing that, learn a little about your religion.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by addicted268(f): 1:01am On Jul 16, 2013
make money now: because dere is only one true religion ISLAM
Is that why we all cannot live in PEACE
Read her questions again and tell me:if we all cannot live in PEACE because according to you,Islam is the only one true religion,then how come I read all over this forum that Islam is a religion of PEACEdon't go about shooting your feet.
I'm a Christian,don't plan on changing my religion ever,and I'm also an advocate of freedom of religion.I will not deny the world peace because my religion is the only true one.
@OP I think it is wrong to deny the people their freedom to fast.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 16, 2013
tbaba1234:
When a muslim ends with Jeez!! and quotes a bible verse to prove his point, It shows where he is coming from but i do not necessarily blame you, the problem is wide spread. Since you say, you are muslim, i take your word for it.

Even though this is not addressed to me, I felt inclined to reply some of your comments.

Being a modern, westernized Muslim doesn't make one a bad Muslim. Putting 'Jeez' in your sentences doesn't prove or mean anything. It's just an expression or exclamation and it's not limited to one religion alone. I have seen in many instances where Jews(practicing) even shouted "Jesus H Christ". Now does that make them bad Jews? I don't think so.

tbaba1234:
And yes, the muslims do have problems of their own but that is not the subject of the thread, the thread is about something else.

Here we go again...the typical smoke screen game.

tbaba1234: And yes, We should live by example, living by example means condemning injustice whereever it occurs. This is an injustice so i am allowed to comment on an injustice which you seem to miss out on. Speak out against injustice even if it against your own selves.

If you bring another thread of injustice against another group, id condemn it too.

Now the question is, how many muslim countries have you actually been in that you are such an authority on oppression?

I don't really get your point. The only Muslim who has been actively speaking up against all the injustice perpetrated by Islam across the globe is hegelian. Meanwhile you and rest are cleverly using the topic excuse to skirt around the issue of oppression that is so common in Islamic world.

tbaba1234: You, my friend should also worry about your muslim brothers finding it hard to fast and all the oppressed in the world.

Did I hear you say oppressed? Muslims are not oppressed anywhere in the world except Maybe The United States. And they had reasons to. 9/11 Terrorist attack put the animosity in motion.

In other places however, Europe specifically, Muslims are allowed to worship with absolute freedom. And they are even protected by law. Come to think of it, some Govt even built Mosques for them to worship in.

So please enough with the 'oppressed' monologues. It doesn't work any more. If anything, Muslims are the one oppressing others.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by tbaba1234: 1:27am On Jul 16, 2013
^Ofcourse, you feel obliged to reply.. grin grin

Typical!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Beautiful Pearls Which Make A Wife Special / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) / Share Your Eid's Pictures Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.