Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,650 members, 7,932,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:21 PM

Marriage Myths That Can Hurt Your Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Myths That Can Hurt Your Marriage (951 Views)

How Silent Treatment Can Hurt Your Relationship / I Want 2 No Hw I Can Hurt The Girl That Stole Ma Man / What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Myths That Can Hurt Your Marriage by jenivie(f): 8:44am On Jun 15, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-MbBs9UEEXn4/ThsjmN02yMI/AAAAAAAABg0/L1FTj6o9w9g/s400/marriage+myths.jpg[/img]

Many myths that surround marriage can give you unrealistic expectations. Disappointment is sure to come if you are looking for the Cinderella-like happily-ever-after storybook marriage year after year.

Myths From Media
If you watch late night TV, enjoy classic movies, listen to love songs, or read romantic novels, then you may have an image of marriage that never, ever was.

Do you remember or have you watched Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver, Ozzie and Harriet, Bewitched, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Donna Reed Show, Lassie, and Cinderella?

Think about the fact that nearly all of these households were the traditional family of mom, dad, and kids.

They didn't seem to have any real problems because there are no story lines about prior marriages, step-children,lack of sex, chores, physical abuse, infidelity, drinking problems, drugs, dropping out of school, political discussions, civil disobedience, unemployment, severe economic problems, and threats or even thoughts of divorce.

The father was the breadwinner and the mother made the bread. Until All in the Family came along, plots seemed to focus on little white lies, mischief, and misunderstandings.

These shows may make you believe that life is always wonderful, that all of your needs can and should be met by your spouse, children are the icing on the cake, marriage will solve all your problems, and you will live happily ever after.

9 Marriage Myths and Realities

MYTH: Loneliness Myth that marriage will end your loneliness.
REALITY: Many married people are still very lonely.

MYTH: Fulfillment Fallacy which makes you believe that being married makes you complete human beings.
REALITY: A couple complements one another, not completes one another.

Read complete article here: http://jenivie..com/2013/06/marriage-myths-that-can-hurt-your.html
Re: Marriage Myths That Can Hurt Your Marriage by Sanboy25: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2013
Hum thanks but I'd like to have the rest without going to your website... is it possible ?
Re: Marriage Myths That Can Hurt Your Marriage by jenivie(f): 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
Sanboy25: Hum thanks but I'd like to have the rest without going to your website... is it possible ?
Is there a particular reason you don't want to visit the site?
I have provided as much info here as possible and you can either decide to be satisfied with what you have read here or visit the site for the complete article.
Some of us have lives outside nairaland. I will try to provide information here as much as i can and also wish those who are appreciative to visit my blog as they will also find other interesting articles.
Re: Marriage Myths That Can Hurt Your Marriage by Sanboy25: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Call Your Love "Boo" Again! / Ladies Choose One / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.