Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Briefs From Dr. Zakir Naik's And Son Lagos Lecture - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Briefs From Dr. Zakir Naik's And Son Lagos Lecture (2362 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Briefs From Dr. Zakir Naik's And Son Lagos Lecture by pmc01(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
Aderibigbe Umar Da-Voiceofdoppressed wrote:

Today's program was splendid!
Alhamdulillah I am one of the guided people of the world. Alhamdulillahi I am a Muslim, not just by name but by understanding and practice.
Please Pardon me all, I was tired by the time I came back...

The following are some of the questions asked by the audience and answered by Dr.Zakir Naik in his lecture today in Lagos:

1. I am Evangelist Isang who has been winning Muslims for Christ. My question goes thus; two men are seeking the forgiveness of Allah. One performs the ablution properly and prays but not sincerely, he goes backs to sin. The other is so eager to repent and as a result forgets to perform Ablution, observe solah and prays to Allah. Won't Allah accept his prayer? #Evangelist Isang

Answer: Allah will not hold any man accountable for an act of forgetfulness. But if He deliberately left ablution before solah, then Allah will not accept it. Allah pardons the one that forgets just as he pardons the man who consumes food or water during Ramadan due to forgetfulness.

2. I don't agree with all that you have been saying, I would like us to have a dialogue/debate. Would you like to? #Evangelist Isang

Answer: This is the time for questions and not debate. And I believe I have answered your questions. You have nothing else to offer except that you are seeking fame and popularity.

3. In the Qur'an it is mentioned that the Muslim men SPECIFICALLY will get rewards in Aljanah such as Virgin women, wine etc but, nowhere is it mentioned that the Muslim women will receive anything. Can you tell us if there will be any reward at all for Muslim women? #Korede(uncertain about the name)

Answer: Yes, there is. In one of the Hadith reported by Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her), it was stated that the People of Paradise will receive what the eyes have never seen, what the hears have never heard... This hadith also applies to the rewards of women in Aljanah.

*But, the questionnaire later went forward to say that Zakir Naik did not answer his question because Zakir Naik failed to give him any verse in the Qur'an to back up his claim.

Response: We Muslims believe in Allah and his Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). In several Ayats of the Qur'an Allah had ordered us Obey Him and his Messenger. The Hadith is the authentic saying and practice of the last Messenger Muhammad. As Muslims one can't believe in the Qur'an without necessarily believing in the Hadith. A true believer must believe in both. And since the hadith is authentic then it is enough evidence. Besides where Allah had mentioned the rewards of Aljannah, it doesn't specifically mean that is only Men that will receive such rewards.
4. Muhammad (SAW) is mentioned only 5 times in the Qur'an but Jesus (ASW) is mentioned 25 times. Who is greater? It is definitely Jesus. #AnonymousChristian lady

Answer: The Qur'an was revealed to Muhammad (SAW). In some verses Allah narrated the stories of the predecessors of Muhammad such as the story of Isa (Jesus) and Musa Moses (may Allah's blessing be upon them all). If you are to narrate the story of a third party (absent) to someone present, it is most likely that the 3rd party's name will come up more frequently than that of the listener. Since Muhammad was the one been narrated the story to, it accounts for why Jesus name was more frequently stated. Besides Moses name was mentioned over 100 times in the Qur'an, then from your claim it means Moses is even greater than Jesus.

5. Can one respond to the greeting of happy Christmas just as you respond to the greeting of teslim. I.e Happy christmas, reply with happy christmas or same to you.

Answer: No, you can't. Christmas as believed by the Christians is the birth of Jesus (their acclaimed god). Since us Muslims believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) is a Messenger of Allah and not God nor His son. A reply to the greeting will mean that we believe in that which they believe and that is haram.

6. My finger hurts... E don do! you too come to the lecture tomorrow... Sq

Lecturer: Dr. Zakir Naik
Venue: National stadium, surulere, lagos.
Login: sunday 16/June/13login duration: 10am-3.00pm

#please take note that the Questions and answers are summarized, not totally quoted word for word. May Allah pardon me for any error resulting therein. And as soon as the DVD is out I will let you know in sha Allah. But it would be better if you are present."Seek for knowledge for it is the only known cure to ignorance" #tns
Asalam alaykum.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Changing Times? / Apostates Of Islam / 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.