Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

When Did Awolowo End His Free Education Program? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Awolowo End His Free Education Program? (577 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Did I Just Hear Dumbo Sambo End His Boring Speech With "Eko O'nibaje"? / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Did Awolowo End His Free Education Program? by Ikengawo: 5:29am On Jun 16, 2013
i'm wondering when the program ended because it's not the case anymore in the western region.
I'm wondering if the military governments after Awolowo dismantled the program
The only states i can think of right now with free education are Rivers and Imo. I heard Awka Ibom, but I have no way to confirm that unless any Ibomites can give me some insight.
Re: When Did Awolowo End His Free Education Program? by 234GT(m): 6:12am On Jun 16, 2013
I don't know because I wasn't born then.
But the so called free education being provided now is what I will call POLITICAL FREE EDUCATION.
It is free education in the pages of the newspapers. Pupils still pay some form of money or the other.
These fees are given ridiculous names like development levy, insurance fee, examination fees etc.
If I was contesting for the office of the governor of my state, I would say it loud and clear to the people during campaigns that there is no free education. What we can only provide is subsidized education.
This may not win me a lot of votes though because people like to be deceived.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Video Report On The Deportation Of A Nigerian. / FG Signs Ceasefire With Boko Haram / Can You Believe It: Senator Uzodinma Did Not Graduate From High School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.