Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,366 members, 7,910,861 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:30 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (60063 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Richy4(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dreal1247: .
1Jn 2:15-17. When the Spirit of the Lord is troubling you concerning anything, I beliv that that same Spirit has the answer to the issue. Why not separate yourself for three days and make inquiry from him? Looking @ most answers posted here, if you are not careful, you will end up being more confused than b4. I have seen many people whom God has directed to remove their earrings, trousers, weaveon and other wears. Reasons, because they cant serve him effectively with the materials. If you want to get the raw truth about dressing, contact a true Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries member, Deeper life, Chosen(Muoka own) CAC. Etc. Do you know that Papa Adeboye's wife neither uses earrings, necklace nor fix weaveon. It is because of their spiritual implications. God does not want you to use them. Period.

I just want to ask you Are Nigerians gonner appear on the same judgement seat with the white or do we have our separate judgment seat? if so then all white ladies will go to hell because they all put on trouser.

Just imagin yourself going to a deeper life member or mountain of fire for a dress code. what do you expect them to tell you. You mention Baba Adeboye's wife that she does not put on ear ring. have you ever taken time to ask her if it was her choice or not?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
MostHigh:

Frosbel which cult do you belong to?

Seeing that all churches can be termed as cult

Also thank you for sharing your knowledge of which churches are cults.

Can you also inform us on which churches arent cults?

biko hafu only cultist knows a cult when he sees one
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Successfigure: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
Wearing make-up is contrary to the will of God. Jeremiah 4:30

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
MostHigh:

Frosbel which cult do you belong to?

Seeing that all churches can be termed as cult

Also thank you for sharing your knowledge of which churches are cults.

Can you also inform us on which churches arent cults?

I don't belong to any of the Babylonian cults, I am now a freelancer ,fellowshipping with the children of GOD.

In other words I follow the teachings of Christ and not your MOG idols.

" Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." - Matthew 23:1-4

smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
Successfigure: Wearing make-up is contrary to the will of God. Jeremiah 4:30

Wrong again , this was GOD pronouncing judgement on the Israelites because of their wickedness not because of make-up.

smh

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Successfigure: Wearing make-up is contrary to the will of God. Jeremiah 4:30
With your above interpretation of that Bible verse i bet you it will take you ages to pass a comprehension test.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dont make a decision whereby at end you will say had i known,that one na depart ye worker of iniquity ha that one na gobe

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by shdemidemi(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
The closest thing to what the bible wrote to advice women in church on how to dress as a virtuous woman is in 1 timothy-

9 And I want the women to make themselves attractive in the right way. Their clothes should be sensible and appropriate. They should not draw attention to themselves with fancy hairstyles or gold jewelry or pearls or expensive clothes. 10 But they should make themselves attractive by the good things they do. That is more appropriate for women who say they are devoted to God
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
Now everybody is saying "follow Jesus, dont be in bondage"
If this discussion was about tithe now, everybody will forget that tithe is also an old testament teaching. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
Kamsy10: Now everybody is saying "follow Jesus, dont be in bondage"
If this discussion was about tithe now, everybody will forget that tithe is also an old testament teaching. mtcheew

do you belive in tithes
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi: The closest thing to what the bible wrote to advice women in church on how to dress as a virtuous woman is in 1 timothy-

9 And I want the women to make themselves attractive in the right way. Their clothes should be sensible and appropriate. They should not draw attention to themselves with fancy hairstyles or gold jewelry or pearls or expensive clothes. 10 But they should make themselves attractive by the good things they do. That is more appropriate for women who say they are devoted to God

but it is not a command. The Emphasis is that women should pay particular attention to the inside and not the outside.

The bible injunction all through scripture is modesty.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal: Dont make a decision whereby at end you will say had i known,that one na depart ye worker of iniquity ha that one na gobe
Your comments make you sound as if after your so called revelation you haven't sin thereafter.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Frosbel you did not write the bible so stop behaving like you know all.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by levos2007(m): 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was mother of all living.21 unto adam also to his wife did the lord god make coats of skins and clothed them.. thats genesis 3 vs 20-21. God should have made them skirt and trouser...
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

but it is not a command. The Emphasis is that women should pay particular attention to the inside and not the outside.

The bible injunction all through scripture is modesty.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

Frosbel, shedemei and goshen are always against any form of spiritual authority hence thier constant denial of the need for good works.

As above so below.

If you pay attention to the inside it must reflect on the outside, you cannot have one without the other.

If you are modest within your spirit then it must manifest in your outlook in life.

Stop encouraging lawlessness.

There is no middle ground with the most high God.

Can a good tree bear bad fruit?

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cele-pope:

Your comments make you sound as if after your so called revelation you haven't sin thereafter.

dear i cant deny"all have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory"
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Modesty is key!

Even Esther one of the most -celebrated women in the Bible had make-up on and she had people massaging her with fine oils to make her skin glow for one whole year my brothers and sisters.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
I try to follow God so by his grace i overcome sin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Richy4(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal: Jezebel was the first woman to wear make up,bad example isnt it
[i]yes she is and have you also considered what Queen Esther in the Bible was wearing to be attracted to the king. she even made up for one year. did she even save the people of God? if she was looking like a deeper life member would she be attracted to the King? would she have saved the people of God?.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal:

dear i cant deny"all have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory"
Hun but you do fix your hair?You look much like a Deeper Lifer from the way you sound.The problems facing some church sects in Nigeria is brainwashing by their founder.They see their founder's interpretation of the word of God as final without reading it properly and begging the holy spirit for wisdom to understand it.They tend to follow all their Founder tells them.Without religion the world will be a better place
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Richy.:

[color=#006600][i]yes she is and have you also considered what Queen Esther in the Bible was wearing to be attracted to the king. she even made up for one year. did she even save the people of God? if she was looking like a deeper life member would she be attracted to the King? would she have saved the people of God?.[/i]color]

Lol @ ur comment.

I would just say ask God personally what he wants from you and match with the bible with understanding from the Holy-Spirit.

Some people no go wear ear-ring n trouser n go still land for babanla hell.Work out your salvation with fear n trembling!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
Richy.:

[i]yes she is and have you also considered what Queen Esther in the Bible was wearing to be attracted to the king. she even made up for one year. did she even save the people of God? if she was looking like a deeper life member would she be attracted to the King? would she have saved the people of God?.[/[/i]color]

Seriously?

She might have also indulged in heavy detoxification regiments to counter the effects of prolonged exposure to cosmetics but unfortunately for some we will never know if this is the case.

Lead poisining from constant use of cosmetics is real and is a form of population controll when bad eating habits.

and environmental pollution are added to the equation. (leading to all forms of known and undocumented cancers)

Be natural and live right preadventure you can avoid disaster.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.
Is the Bible against too much of wearing of Make-ups?
What about when the Make-up is just little and mild? Is it still a sin?
Or is it better not to wear one at all?
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.
Make up and go to hell! Damn, the tools on this site!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cele-pope:

Hun but you do fix your hair?You look much like a Deeper Lifer from the way you sound.The problems facing some church sects in Nigeria is brainwashing by their founder.They see their founder's interpretation of the word of God as final without reading it properly and begging the holy spirit for wisdom to understand it.They tend to follow all their Founder tells them.Without religion the world will be a better place

Whats wrong with natural hair?

Stop being trendy and tins like that, it is not of the Lord.

Being trendy will lead you astray

Those that are unaturally inclined and treat thier temples like a h*ar house will eventually pay the price

teach your children the difference between consequences and judgment.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by zeongeon: 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
According to the book of enoch..and the watchers (angels) saw that men had starting having daughters and their daughters where fair the leader of d watchers said to the others let us go down to earth and have the daughters of men for wives and d watchers left there estates and came down to earth and they where 200 in number and they took for themselves wives from d daughters of men..Azazel one of the angels taught men the art of war; making of swords and knives and shields and coats of mail and taught them to see what's behind them and to the women taught them the art of make up;the use of rouge and the beautifying of the eye brows,jewelries,bracelets and ornaments..amezarak an angel taught conjuring and root cutting,Asradel taught the course of the moon,Temel taught astrology,Amoros taught how to loosening conjurations while kokabel taught signs..from d book of enoch one can see that d advent of cosmetics and makeup started with the falling angels

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
zeongeon: According to the book of enoch..and the watchers (angels) saw that men had starting having daughters and their daughters where fair the leader of d watchers said to the others let us go down to earth and have the daughters of men for wives and d watchers left there estates and came down to earth and they where 200 in number and they took for themselves wives from d daughters of men..Azazel one of the angels taught men the art of war; making of swords and knives and shields and coats of mail and taught them to see what's behind them and to the women taught them the art of make up;the use of rouge and the beautifying of the eye brows,jewelries,bracelets and ornaments..amezarak an angel taught conjuring and root cutting,Asradel taught the course of the moon,Temel taught astrology,Amoros taught how to loosening conjurations while kokabel taught signs..from d book of enoch one can see that d advent of cosmetics and makeup started with the falling angels

Someone has been studying.

Give thanks for the light shone.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cele pope have never gone to this church you are calling,but i read and follow the spirits leading cos my daily is controlled by my close friend holy spirit abeg pray God to open your spiritual eyes
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
@Zeo....book of Enoch ke
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
Julieccentric: @Zeo....book of Enoch ke

he made a mistake
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by femi4: 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Some skirts are even worse than trousers. If you see some ladies in skirts, you ll even prefer them in trousers.
The bottom line is for you to dress decently
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by takeprofit: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Richy.:
[i]OP who told you that trouser is an abomination to God. jezzzz. what sort of Churches do you attend over there.
hmmmm ok let me answer some of your question.

1. TROUSER: Trouser is not an abomination to God. if your Pastor says it is, tell him that it is winter in Australia.or if it is too far then South Africa is chilling now.let him and his wife take a little holiday over there and her wife should only go with skirts and wrappers so that we put the whole thing to test.

2. MAKEUP: Make up is not a sin. because perfume, body lotion, powder etc are part of make up. if you do not want to go to hell, then take your bath only. do not apply any thing on your body not even vaseline to moisturize your body. or you will not make heaven. please i will advise you to change church. you are living in bondage. cheesy[/
i]

Make up may not be a sin, but it makes ladies look artificial and kind of show lack of self confidence in ur natural beauty
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by zeongeon: 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Julie and mysticgal..I didn't make a mistake there are some books that are not in ur normal conventional bibles some of those books are good to study for d sake of research and one of such books is the book of enoch that shades more light on what happened during the time of noah..even in ur normal bible in d book of genesis talks about how angels came down to earth and married women and there children where rebellious and also known as d nephilims..these angels corrupted the earth so much that God had to destroy d earth with d flood and off everyone on earth as off then it was only noah's family that wasn't corrupted by these evil angels and there offsprings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC / Rev. Sister Henrietta Alokha Buried (Photos) / Non-Tithers Board: Church Publishes The Names Of Members Who Don't Pay Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.