Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,388 members, 7,940,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? (1312 Views)

Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / Can Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country ? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by humnsikan: 11:40am On Jun 17, 2013
My heart bleeds whenever i have the priviledge of travelling from my tiny south south abode to other parts of Nigeria.I had since come to the conclusion that we have a common problem in this country, which is, widespread poverty, poor to no infrastructure,and to mention a but a few. I have always asked myself, ''when will our tiny villages be half as develop as our state capitals, which themselves are still a far cry?". It is on this note that i'm moved to ask,"will Nigeria ever become a developed country, say like US, UK, etc?"
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by Rednose: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
humnsikan: My heart bleeds whenever i have the priviledge of travelling from my tiny south south abode to other parts of Nigeria.I had since come to the conclusion that we have a common problem in this country, which is, widespread poverty, poor to no infrastructure,and to mention a but a few. I have always asked myself, ''when will our tiny villages be half as develop as our state capitals, which themselves are still a far cry?". It is on this note that i'm moved to ask,"will Nigeria ever become a developed country, say like US, UK, etc?"

Nigeria, I believe is a wealthy nation. Nigeria is ranked sixth amongst the world's oil producing nations (not to mention other export products). Unfortunately funds are being mismanaged and embezzled by our leaders. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/no-naming-no-shaming/

As for villages, in my opinion, rural settings are simply best left untouched. It would be good to have electricity, good roads, a few hospitals, schools, banks etc. However, if our villages became half as developed as our state capitals they would cease to be villages ;and a lot of city dwellers would probably have nowhere to spend those quiet, still moments away from the hustle and busy-ness of the cities and big towns. Even in the US and UK the villages are just that - villages. Some even still have dirt roads, rustic buildings and low population.

I also wonder a lot ' Will Nigeria ever become a developed country?'. Probably, but maybe not in our lifetime. However, we should be thankful for leaders who are doing their bit to upgrade some areas in their states. Victoria Island in Lagos is much more developed than it used to be. Even the commercial bus drivers there are well behaved compared to other parts of Lagos. The road network that connects Alausa to Ibadan Express way via M.K.O Gardens is another commendable achievement by the Lagos state govt. And since you are in the South South, you should visit the Obudu Resort if you haven't, I plan to visit the place someday. Tourist attractions like this resort bring us closer to being a developed nation.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by ebucha: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
Yes,it will one day.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by younglad007(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
YES

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by slimming: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
My brother, do avoid any bleeding from your heart o.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by Horus(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
humnsikan: My heart bleeds whenever i have the priviledge of travelling from my tiny south south abode to other parts of Nigeria.I had since come to the conclusion that we have a common problem in this country, which is, widespread poverty, poor to no infrastructure,and to mention a but a few. I have always asked myself, ''when will our tiny villages be half as develop as our state capitals, which themselves are still a far cry?". It is on this note that i'm moved to ask,"will Nigeria ever become a developed country, say like US, UK, etc?"

Yes, Nigeria will become a developed country. Sometimes, lack of progress is due to too much parliamentarianism. To make a road it has to go through the parliament and pass through many levels because nobody wants to take the authority and take the responsibility and act. Everything is postponed or there is a sort of tendency to procrastinate. Things never move. So, a strong leader is essential.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by Rossikk(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
All developing nations will one day become developed nations.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by bloggernaija: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Not as it is presently constituted.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by otokx(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
With our current chop and quench mentality, the answer is NO. Imagine 1 man in the name of Dan Etete going away with $1.1 billion. Only a revolution can bring about change - even the so called multinationals are happy to profit from our greed.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Become A Developed Country? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2013

Of course yes,we would one day be developed as US/UK of today Though UK/US would have also moved Higher ............

Maybe another yardstick woulda been set in determining a Developed Country----------I just wished we all get it Right !!!

Unless Africans/Nigerians break the Global Conspiracy Jinx on Africans/Nigerians as well as Greediness,inhumanity,lack of respect for constituted authority/Norms,Value,Constitution/Law(s) .......Retrogressive Development would be the consequence !!!!!!!

So Op chilled,The Villages u are seeing today were not like that 50-100 years ago undecided

(1) (Reply)

HOPE FOR AFRICA! 50 Million Africans To Enjoy Uninterrupted Electricity…us Govt / PDP's Branch In The United States! / Ouk's Multibillion Dollar SLOK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.