Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,155 members, 7,925,612 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 06:56 PM

NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles (3297 Views)

El-rufai Donates Motorcycles To Police & Security Agencies In Kaduna / Lagos To Phase Out Motorcycles, Danfo –investigation / Alaafin Of Oyo & Wife Test Motorcycles They Donated To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
Agency rolls out made in Nigeria motorcycles

The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) on Tuesday rolled out the first made-in-Nigeria motorcycle, named Naseni M1, in Nnewi, Anambra State.

The motorcycle was designed, fabricated and assembled by the National Engineering Design and Development Institute, Nnewi a subsidiary of NASENI.

The Executive Vice-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NASENI, Dr. Muhammad Sani Haruna, who test-ran the 80cc capacity motorcycle in Nnewi, disclosed that the tricycle designed and produced by the institute would be ready early next year.

Based on the successes made by NASENI in the production of motorcycles and tricycles, Haruna said it has become imperative for the Federal Government to ban the importation of tricycles and motorcycles.

He said: “NASENI is angry that all these things are continuously being imported when we have the capacity to produce them locally. We are urging government to ban the importation of these items and we assure government that with the needed financial support, NASENI can do even better than what is being imported.

“The motorcycles produced here have local components. The plastics and iron used were produced by other institutes of NASENI. The ductile iron that is used was produced by our institute in Akure. The plastic components of it are also partially produced by our institute in Okene and also by a private company here in Nnewi. The electrical aspect of it was produced by Cutix Nigeria PLC in Nnewi.”

He said the local content of the motorcycle is 85 per cent, while it was designed and fabricated by Nigerians. “The components not produced by NASENI are produced by companies in Nnewi,” he added.

Haruna said NASENI was already getting into collaborations with private companies that can mass-produce the motorcycles and tricycles.

Source
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Additional information would be found on the National Agency for Science & Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) website

NASENI LAUNCHES FIRST WHOLLY MADE-IN-NIGERIA MOTOCYCLE

EXECUTIVE VICE CHAIRMAN Calls on Federal Government To Ban Importation Of Motorcycles to Nigeria As He Calls on Private Sector to mass Produce ‘NASENI M1’ Motorcycles.

As a proof of potential capacities of the National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) to provide necessary engineering and technology infrastructure for industrial development of Nigeria, the Executive Vice Chairman of the Agency, Dr.Mohammed Sani Haruna yesterday launched first ever wholly made-in-Nigeria motor cycle called ‘NASENI M1”.

The motorcycle was test-run working perfectly. The 80C engine motorcycle was conceived, designed and manufactured, using local materials by Nigerian engineers at the National Engineering Design Development Institute (NEDDI)-one of the nine (9) research and development (R&grin) Institutes supervised by NASENI.

The Executive Vice Chairman of NASENI while riding on ‘NASENI M1’ himself within the factory complex of NEDDI in Nnewi, Anambra State disclosed that the product was basically one of the targets of the Agency in response to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s vision 20:20:20 economic transformation Agenda. The Federal Government which the Agency is part of has promised Nigerians a better socio-economic deal by year 2020 even as Mr. President had also committed the government to elevate the economic status of Nigeria to be among 20 fastest growing economies in the world by year 2020.

Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Sibrah: 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
When virtually all states have banned motorcycle and embraced tricycle, or are the targetting foreign markets?
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Not when I was expecting a v8 engine ride from innoson.. They really fall my hand
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by enm(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
this one where government dey ban okada from we road na im dem dey do okada. Make dem concentrate on the tricycle as dat one no they face government ban.

On more serious note, this is a good development. I just hope people with financial muscle will come and support this project, government put the right policy in place to boost abi encouragement.
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sibrah: When virtually all states have banned motorcycle and embraced tricycle, or are the targetting foreign markets?

The restrictive measures you mentioned only affects commercial operators, I think.
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by 2fine2fast(m): 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
frontpage tins............
gradually......we shall surely get there

Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The restrictive measures you mentioned only affects commercial operators, I think.
I think u ar wrong! Here in Jos whether private or commacial, u ar not to be seen with motorbike on the major roads. military and para-military officers do contravene the oda!
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
cogitoErgo:
I think u ar wrong! Here in Jos whether private or commacial, u ar not to be seen with motorbike on the major roads. military and para-military officers do contravene the oda!

Thanks for making this clear, I actually thought the ban only applied to commercial operators.

From Tuesday (today), any motorcycle rider found on the streets of Jos and Bukuru metropolis will pay a fine of N20,000.

The above edict was passed by the State House of Assembly in April, 2011.

Source
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Garrithe1st: 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Splendid...!!!

cool
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Abagworo(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sibrah: When virtually all states have banned motorcycle and embraced tricycle, or are the targetting foreign markets?

I think they'll be producing tricycles.
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Sealeddeal(m): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
If past administrations has assisted the local industries the way Goodluck Jonathan administration has done,by now,we should be talking of test-flying made-in-nigeria aircraft.
This is a good development but i wish that the agency will put much of their effort towards manufacturing of Tricycles and cars.

1 Like

Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by taharqa2: 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
NASENI is a Govt Agency, right? If so, who wud be doing the actual manufacturing and assembling of the bikes? I hope the Govt does not plan to go into production.... Good move, though
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by gbanikiti(m): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dat one na ladies bike na! people like me don't need it. cheesy Na Kawasaki Power Bike be egwe eji! cool Can't they produce Power Bikes?
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Ikengawo: 11:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
[size=15pt]NNE. WI.[/size]
these people are a marvel
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by bloggernaija: 12:33am On Jun 18, 2013
They are not building power plant or water pumps .they are building okada which any Tom dick and Harry with a garage full of screws drivers can build
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by WarriPikin1: 1:22am On Jun 18, 2013
If they had manufactured a made in Nigeria bicycle, i would have been applauding right now. But,Motorcycles belong to the past!
They should at the minimum make it a [size=15pt]Keke Napep tricycle[/size]. You can only ride that okada in Nnewi or Onitsha, you can't even ride that anymore in Enugu,Calabar,Benin,Uyo etc, not to talk of Abuja or Lagos!

Figure why I'm not applauding this [size=15pt]technological feat ?[/size]
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by MightySparrow: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Naija! Naija!! Naija!!!
Until I see I no go believe
Where are the products of FIIRO well aired by NTA and test - run, PRODA of Babangida?
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Brimmie(m): 7:16am On Jun 18, 2013
Allahu Akbar!!

Jonathan Is Walking!! Fresh Hair On Ma An.us Till 2019 cheesy cheesy
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: Naija! Naija!! Naija!!!
Until I see I no go believe
Where are the products of FIIRO well aired by NTA and test - run, PRODA of Babangida?

Both of these organisations are still going strong actually.
FIIRO is heavily involved in cassava research, while PRODA's foot-print would be found on products ranging from locally produced pencils (for schools) to food processing equipment.
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by abu12: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
Na wa oooo, when most of the state are now banning okada(motorcycle riders) withing their major cities. Nija won start production.
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Were the engineers thinking about their gfs when they made this bikes?
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by qualified(f): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
The idea of producing something is welcome, but a motorcycle? That is, d height of no-vision.
Infact it is stupidity at a time whn almost all d whole country has banned motorcycles
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by Horus(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
What people need is a Made-in-Nigeria electric car
Re: NASENI Rolls Out Made-In-Nigeria Motorcycles by OAM4J: 9:41am On Jun 19, 2013

(1)

BREAKING NEWS : Bomb Blast hits NNPC MEGA STATION In Kano (Photo) / Ten Reasons You MUST Invest In Anambra State. / Nigerians Have Been Charmed By Buhari...pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.