Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:56 PM

Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} (2762 Views)

Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? / Converting A 4cylinder Toyota Camry To A V6. 1994 V6 Into 1996 4cyl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by coolme: 10:20pm On May 08, 2008
Hi people,
Could you share ur experiences on manual cars that are converted to automatic cars here in naija, if it was done well and where it was done if it works perfectly,
I actually need an expert advice cos am in a dilema on changing my manual ford{scopio} to an automatic, i love the car a lot, but only wished it was automatic, i ve been trying to find the same make ,which is automatic but can't find, I was given an option of converting it, and that it is possible for it to be done perfectly here in naija, Kindly share ur views {directly or indirectly} on the experience that u ve had on such cars converted, I strongly believe that ford scopio was/is mistake in terms of perfection lipsrsealed, my car looks newer each passing day, no major problem and rugged to the naija factor, my surprise is that people don't really know this secret, NEVER KNEW MYSELF, UNTIL I BOUGHT IT AND IT REFUSED TO AGE grin wink
Re: Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by coolme: 6:18pm On May 11, 2008
You mean ,none of the sales gurus can answer my question? shocked
And someone bothered to send a mail to say i wan divert pples attention go Ford, Whats the biggy, its still within the auto range now, u still fit sell am for business now, THATS WHY THERE IS COMPETITION, That sld give u an idea of the truth of what a good car is,

@NAIRALAND AUTO DEALERS,
Okay o since someone is taking it personal, make the AUTENTIC auto dealers provide my answer by telling me how to get an automatic ford scopio, , with a low mileage, with cost, history and picture.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL
Re: Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 11, 2008
Answer: Sell your manual, and buy an auto.

It's simple economics, and practicality.
I don't know the standard of "conversions" in Nigeria, not sure I want to find out either.
Re: Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by coolme: 9:40pm On May 12, 2008
@siena

Thanks my guy, that is actually my plan, but the problem as explained is , GETTING AN AUTOMATIC FORD SCOPIO undecided sad,
I will definitely wait till i get
Re: Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by 190: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2008
abeg no 1 in nigeria can, it wud seem 2 work for abt 6months after which e go throwaway u
as in refusing 2 select gears itself, test and trusted, get a beta car stop praising the scorpio sef
Re: Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by Areaboy2(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2008
coolme:

@siena

Thanks my guy, that is actually my plan, but the problem as explained is , GETTING AN AUTOMATIC FORD SCOPIO undecided sad,
I will definitely wait till i get

LOL, whats with you and the scorpio?, did u trick it out so bad that u cant let it go?, best advice. its only ford factory and a few garages in the US that can make a good gearbox swap and it'll won't act up later,

My advice, sell ur scorpio, and buy another car altogether, if u like fords to well then get a mondeo

just my 2cents
Re: Converting A Manual To An Automatic Car: {advice From Experience Needed} by weyreypey: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2018
gazzuzz
190:
abeg no 1 in nigeria can, it wud seem 2 work for abt 6months after which e go throwaway u
as in refusing 2 select gears itself, test and trusted, get a beta car stop praising the scorpio sef

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 Cars I Would Never Drive / Car Tracker / 2006 Audi A4 Vs 2006 Bmw 325i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.