Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:40 PM

Prof. Charles Soludo For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Charles Soludo For President (2112 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Charles Soludo For President by jonpinjeff(m): 8:06pm On May 19, 2006
Prof. Charles Soludo is a remarkable technocrat. No doubt about It. He has made sweeping reforms in the Financial Sector of the Nigerian economy. His reforms would be a subject of discussion in Business Schools for years to come.

But do you think he would make a Good President for Nigeria?

Would You Vote Him?

What are Your Views?
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Seun(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2006
Here's what will happen if you vote for him:

Fake News: Sexy Charles Soludo Plans To Recapitalize Nigeria

CBN Governor Charles Soludo is a very sexy man, He was chosen as the world’s sexiest banker for his feat of making his picture appear in 4 out of every 5 newspapers editions published in Nigeria during 2006. He has cute dimples, lovely brown skin and an infectious smile that makes it easy for us to forget the unemployment he created in the banking sector to reduce his workload as regulator.

If elected as president in 2007, he plans to weed out the weak and poor Nigerians who have been tainted by corruption: by increasing the minimum capitalization requirement of each Nigerian from 0 naira to 400,000 naira. Individuals who cannot raise 400,000 naira cash are advised to put themselves up for acquisition by rich friends or relatives, or else they run the risk of being made available for cherry-picking by slave-masters at 1 naira each.
http://www.naijarita.com/2006/feb-16-news
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Mariory(m): 2:23am On May 27, 2006
@Seun, you know that everything printed on that site is fake right?
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Seun(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2006
So Nigerians still don't appreciate satire. sad
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Nkila: 6:25pm On May 27, 2006
He is from a business school, but we are talking about real world here,not theory tongue
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Mariory(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2006
Seun:

So Nigerians still don't appreciate satire. sad

Just checking. Seemed like a serious thread.
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Seun(m): 12:49am On May 28, 2006
I seriously believe that something like that would happen. Arbitrary regulations that favor big money.
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by rotbog(m): 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2006
Y Not?
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by kellorah: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2006
'SEXY' shocked NO MAKE ME LAFF
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by DaddyO(m): 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2006
Soludu will get my vote any day,

He is a cut above all the rest. When you put the likes of Atiku (aka ACD - Advanced Congress of Deceivers), IBB, Kalu, Lar, Tukur, Buhari, Awoniyi, Ogbeh etc etc, next to him, he will surely come accross as the Abraham Lincoln of our time,

The one I can't stand is Atiku, you get the impression he is just so desperate to take over the nation, like it was his birth right!!!! Don't let me start angry
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by DeepSoul(f): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2006
The difference btwn Soludo and the others just mentioned is that he's an intellectual and they are not.

That's our problem in 9ja - The requirement(s) for leadership is usually "experience" and not intellect.

The sooner we begin to realise we'll fare better as a nation with intellectuals as our leaders, the better for us all!
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2006
An intellectual that believes that only rich people should be involved in management?

Intellectuals like Pat Utomi, Donald Duke and Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala are better. I dislike this one.
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by DaddyO(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2006
Seun it's had to see how you've drawn that conclusion, but I guess you must have checked the facts,

I met Soludo once at an event in Nigeria, and what struck was the humility he, together with Okonji Iweala etc displayed. Whilst they are so approachable inspite of their many real accomplishment, the big politicians on the day were busy sorrounding themselves with sycophants - God knows what they can claim to have achieved for our nation.

Soludo is an over-achiever, in my estimation, and as best a visionary that a painfully clueless leadership class like ours can come up with at this time. To be honest, I'll not only support a man like Soludo, but actively promote his candidacy.

He, and a few like him, have much much much much more to offer than all the jokers and political jobbers jostling for office today.

People like these in powerful political positions just be the catalyst for Diasporians to return with thier many skills and contribute to our nation building.
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Seun(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2006
Seun it's had to see how you've drawn that conclusion
Bank consolidation. angry
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by DaddyO(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2006
The same process that has made him the toast of both local and the international community. In less than one year, it's amazing seeing the innovative products and services being offered by banks, a direct result of increased competition. What we had previously where just foreign exchange and contract exchange bureaus. Our banks now have aliances with the most reputable banks in the world and are fast raising the nations profile as a destination for portfolio investment. I think this is one of the most significant and positive developments in our time. Any emerging economy requires a robust and highly capitalized banking sector. Even his fiercest critics in the National assembly ("political jobbers"), with many having had major interests in the old banking order, have come to acknowledge that he has over-performed.

If we can get any where near these reforms in the Aviation, Agriculture and manufacturing sectors, the Nigerian economy will surely be amongst the most promising in Africa.
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by kellorah: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2006
long thing!
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2006
The same process that has made him the toast of both local and the international community.
It's so easy to dupe people and convince them that you did it for their own good. That's what politicians do.

It's just that the outside appearance sometimes give u a sneak peak of the inward appearance.
Increased competition by reducing the number of banks? Listen to yourself!
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by Mariory(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2006
Seun:

It's so easy to dupe people and convince them that you did it for their own good. That's what politicians do.
Increased competition by reducing the number of banks? Listen to yourself!

1. Ask any Nigerian (apart from you it seems) and they will appreciate the improved performance and new services that the new banks are able to offer. The inefficiency and wasted space in the banking sector has been removed. You are in support of Goverment firing public servants that are corrupt, inefficient, inadequate etc. Why should the banking sector be different.

2. Why not? Before the consolidation exercise, what competition was there between the hundreads of banks? What services were given to customers. The majority of banks were there to swindle people, or were used by corrupt individuals to launder money. Increased competition between the new banks is pushing them to be more competent in their functions as well as improved customer services.

I don't know why you were (and are still) agaisnt an exercise that has obvoiusly massively improved a sector of the Nigeria. Maybe you had interests in 1 of the liquidated banks, I don't know.

The facts are there for all to see. The banking sector is now far better off. I know you see it. You may choose to ignore it but, they are nontheless.
Re: Prof. Charles Soludo For President by oshkosh(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2006
Soludo is an over-achiever. Simple. I'm one sceptical Nigerian where most of our dubious leaders are concerned. But I'll like to give credit where it's due. Read on:

http://community.nigeria.com/nspace/global_central_banker_of_the_year_award_winner_professor_charles_soludo

Criticize for all you want, but this is one achievement of the OBJ administration that even his hardest critics acknowledge. If he were president tomorrow, I'll be the first to pack and return home, as he'll be sure to encourage the enabling environment me, and the likes to thrive.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public / Nigeria 4th Worst In Medical System - Who Report / Jonathan's Message To All Dora's Haters Is Simple : You Can All Got To Blazes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.