Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,191 members, 7,950,125 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba (16670 Views)

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / Power Generating Plants Perform Below 30% Capacity – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nightshift(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2013
With about €250 million grant from the EU, Nnaji's Geometric Company has no reason not to deliver the first privately owned electricity company in Nigeria. This man will do in the East of the Niger what MTN and co did to telecommunication in Nigeria. If the federal govt gives them free hand to operate, it will perhaps make the years of darkness a distant memory to Southeast dwellers in a decade.
Enyimba City's Geometric success will definitely spur more of such modell setups in Nnewi, Onitsha and Enugu by the company. This man (Nnaji) has just discovered a goldmine!

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2013
Next complaint::: High Electricity bills.. grin

Na now Nigerians go understand say better soup na money kill am.. grin

#TeamFreshAir2015..

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by olusola2bello: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Relocating to aba sharperly.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2013
So why wouldnt the FG allow Amaechi do the same thing in Rivers State?!

We already generate more than we need in the State. Why not allow us distribute and then pump the excess into the Federal grid?!

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by clint77ng: 10:22am On Jun 19, 2013
[quote
author=maasoap] Even an Aboki uses his brain well more than you did
here. Did I say anything about your "Aba made" power plant? Nnaji is a
fraud, the evil that man does, lives after them. May you should ask Oga
Jona why he was told to leave. You will undetstand better.[/quote] You people attacked/accused him of fronting his company in the privatization process. being an honorable man he resigned for you people to rest. The same way u people attack Jona, but he ain't resigning.

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by An0nimus: 10:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Brimmie:

Okponu, an individual?? With people's money?? Be like sey dem don laminate ur brain!!?? grin grin
bet why cry cry
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Goddex: 10:29am On Jun 19, 2013
Okija_juju: Next complaint::: High Electricity bills.. grin

#TeamFreshAir2015..

The advantages still far outweighs:

1) It will still be far cheaper than generator

2) No noise pollution

3) No air pollution

4) minimal maintenance cost

5) Can power all home appliances

8 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by clint77ng: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2013
[quote
author=maasoap] Even an Aboki uses his brain well more than you did
here. Did I say anything about your "Aba made" power plant? Nnaji is a
fraud, the evil that man does, lives after them. May you should ask Oga
Jona why he was told to leave. You will undetstand better.[/quote]You people attacked/accused him of fronting his company in the privatization process. being an honorable man he resigned for you people to rest. The same way u people attack Jona, but he ain't resigning.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by otokx(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2013
A part of the post said next month being July and another said in August, would check again in October to see if really the power plant is working and the consumers are paying their bills.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okeikpu(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2013
Good man!
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.
he is far better than this nonsense Nebo. Power was stable under him unlike now that we barely have 5hrs nepa light here. Fashola is also a thief but nobody cares because he is doing well lagos. I prefer barth over anyone anytime any day
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by IGBOSON1: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2013
Freewilly: Very good, just hope the generated electricity would only benefit the East.

^^^Don't be selfish Freewilly!

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by boneruns(m): 11:02am On Jun 19, 2013
otokx: A part of the post said next month being July and another said in August, would check again in October to see if really the power plant is working and the consumers are paying their bills.

Read it again. The article says, the company will resume its operations in July, while the it will be commissioned in August.

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by 2fine2fast(m): 11:15am On Jun 19, 2013
I use 20kw of power every month which costs me around #250 while I pay #550 fixed charge every month all thanks to your lying ex minister Bad Nnaji
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by 2fine2fast(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2013
I use 20kw of power every month which costs me around #250 while I pay #550 fixed charge every month all thanks to your lying ex minister Bad Nnaji
undecided undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Ngwakwe: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Okija Juju, Okija, Okija,
You have lost your principles and only make comments to generate Likes on Nairaland.

1. We all recharge our call/gprs bills. We still have alternatives in Power(KVA) as in Solar, Generators and Batteries.

2. FG is not stopping Amaechi from generating Power, Peter Odili was never stopped by OBJ and if Amaechi wants to continue in generating Power, he can sell it to Discos with specific instruction on distributing it in Rivers State.

Okija_juju: So why wouldnt the FG allow Amaechi do the same thing in Rivers State?!

We already generate more than we need in the State. Why not allow us distribute and then pump the excess into the Federal grid?!

Okija_juju: Next complaint::: High Electricity bills.. grin

#TeamFreshAir2015..

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Policewoman(f): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2013
I love this. Way to go!!!!!!
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2013
collynzo2: Dirtiest city in Nigeria, a disgrace to us igbo people. Abia state as a whole is a slum.

Aba remains a commercial city, and as such, accommodates all manner of people, giving them equal opportunities and conducive environment to do business. If all you care about is cleanliness in a city, then you'd rather wake up from your deep slumber!

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Originalsly: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2013
Giant step forward. Stable electricity is a basic for development so whenever the system is up and running Aba is going to be a magnet for industries, corporations and offices.Is the governor making preparations by having proper roads, drainage, water supply and garbage disposal?

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by 2rutalk1: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.

I understand your frustration. It is a function of poverty. People like u do not need a change. Even if it will cost them only N5 to move to a higher level,they will still sit down and complain. If you really want to be successful in life, learn to appreciate the good works of people. If the only thing you saw during Prof. Nnaji days as Power minister was "removal of N150 and addition of N500" but you were not able to see the rapid improvement in power supply, then you are retrogressive minded.

16 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2013
you have been misinformed. it is nerc that increases the tariff. the chairman of nerc is eng amadi. get ur facts. examine ur head. frauds you have committed in life are even. worse.

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by collynzo2(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Aba remains a commercial city, and as such, accommodates all manner of people, giving them equal opportunities and conducive environment to do business. If all you care about is cleanliness in a city, then you'd rather wake up from your deep slumber!
What stupid commercial activities are going on in such a dirty place, can the population of Aba be compared to Lagos or Ph? What is conducive about such a stinking place. I get itches allover my body passing throug there alone.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Okijajuju1(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Ngwakwe: Okija Juju, Okija, Okija,
You have lost your principles and only make comments to generate Likes on Nairaland.

1. We all recharge our call/gprs bills. We still have alternatives in Power(KVA) as in Solar, Generators and Batteries.

2. FG is not stopping Amaechi from generating Power, Peter Odili was never stopped by OBJ and if Amaechi wants to continue in generating Power, he can sell it to Discos with specific instruction on distributing it in Rivers State.

[b]You rush to quote me only to end up showing you did not comprehend my post..

1. Yes you do recharge your calls and internet bills, but that hasnt stopped Nigerians from complaining about high call/sms/data tarriffs now has it?! Infact, look on Nairaland and on almost every thread, there is someone spamming it with Network cheat sim card. Why you would have an issue with that post befuddles me. Nigerians must complain.. And with electricity, they would scream. 24hrs power does not come cheap. No illegal connections again as these private companies would not be as lackadesical as PHCN and NEPA. We complain about phone tarriff, DSTV tariff, ATM charge, Bank charges, e.t.c.. So why should it be different for electricity. And those options of yours are not cheap either. The average cost of getting a good sized inverter is atleast 150,000 naira and above..

2. I never said that the FG is stopping Amaechi from generating electricity. Infact, the FG does not have the right to stop anybody from generating. Rivers States problem is not generating. Infact, Rivers State already generates over 4 times the amount of Power needed by the state. The problem is Distribution. And thats what I pointed towards.. Here is a quote from the original article;

He disclosed that 141 Mega Watts of electricity would be generated at the plant. According to him “the power needs of Aba will be supplied and excess supplied to the national grid.

Going by the highlighted, it means that Barths company would first satisfy the need of Aba (and maybe Abia State) before selling off the excess energy into the National grid. Meanwhile in neighboring Rivers State, the state is forced to feed all it generates into the National grid and wait for whatever meagre portion that returns to them.

If this article is correct, then why the double standard?! Rivers State already generates enough to satisfy the States needs and more, why not allow them distribute.

Nna na wah for you o!! I na eme ka onye bu'm na obi. Onwe ife'm me gi mbu?! Onwe nwayi mu na gi na zo? [/b]
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2013
Meringe: Its a lie, am in Aba and I live in the enyimba city. they can't start operation when they are still erecting their high tension poles even oposite my house. One of the top staff confided in me that it will be around december before the will start operation.
Don't always believe Naija papers!!!!
its ur type dat watch television from the back and after reading last years newspaper you cme here to yan rub,where do u reside in aba? ...Ezi ohia
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by MEGAWATCH: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
WAOOO! Aba coming to life again to be the Engine room of Nigerian businesses. Meet Aba made goods,manufacturers,Articerns,Producers,Fabricators etc.....
Visit,www.ababusinessproducts.com
Aba is heating a new level....

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by TruthFM(m): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
Am actually impressed. I was hoping its not one of the power stations for the influential and government building like some un-named governors and it turns out not to be. Kudos to the government. If it works and electricity becomes constant there they will at least remove there load and maybe i will get a good 5 hrs of nepa. grin
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nduson20: 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Good development from prof Nnaji
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by giles14(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
Meringe: Its a lie, am in Aba and I live in the enyimba city. they can't start operation when they are still erecting their high tension poles even oposite my house. One of the top staff confided in me that it will be around december before the will start operation.
Don't always believe Naija papers!!!!
mumu simple appreciation u no fit do,nnaji's work is diff frm d nipp project
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
Aba will soon become the pride of Africa. I just hope Theo Orji is not there when good things start happening in Aba.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by 2fine2fast(m): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=Laalamed]
you have been misinformed. it is nerc that increases the tariff. the chairman of nerc is eng amadi. get ur facts. examine ur head. frauds you have committed in life are even. worse.[

NERC Chairman ko, LERG Chairman ni
I listened carefully on the radio when Prof Bad said the increment in the price of power was necessary so as to annul all kangaroo and arbitrary charges by Nepa.
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/editorial/35-headlines/3974-why-electricity-tariff-must-go-up-by-nnaji

Why electricity tariff must go up, by Nnaji
[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]FRIDAY, 01 JUNE 2012 00:00 WRITTEN BY WOLE OLADIMEJI, ABUJA 0 COMMENTS
Power Minister, Prof. Barth Nnaji, yesterday justified the plan to increase electricity tariff by the Federal Government.

Addressing members of the House of Representatives, he said that the increment was “important and very necessary in improving the sector for investors to come in”.

The minister was summoned by the House Committee on Power to explain the rationale behind the tariff increment.

In his welcome address, the chairman of the Committee, Patrick Ikhariale, explained that the minister must explain the need for the increment “which is capable of creating additional hardship for the poor people in the country”.

The minister, in his response, said: "To solve the problem of power, we cannot be talking of marginal increase. Certain measures have to be taken. Electricity is not a product of parties or issue to be played with politics or party ideology but it is what concerns everybody. We buy the product and it has to be priced very well".

He stated further that the increment was to create a good platform which would be attractive to investors that would come into the country “with the aim of improving on the present situation so that Nigerians could enjoy uninterrupted supply of electricity”.

The minister told the lawmakers that tariffs can only work with sector reform, adding that absence of a cost-reflective is a key reason for the failure of the power sector to serve Nigerians for the past three decades.

He said: "The tariff framework provides incentives for improving performances cost reduction and quality of service. However, tariff rebalancing is only a part of the equation and can only work in tandem with the current reform\privatisation programme".

While explaining the benefits, Nnaji told the lawmakers that existing customers who have not paid for metres do not need to pay further as the cost of the metres have been included in their tariffs.

He said new customers will only pay standard connection fee with no additional charges for the metre and that the metre maintenance fees have been abolished since November, 2011.

He stated further that lifeline customers will enjoy special benefit of paying no fixed charge on their electricity, thus reducing actual bills significantly, adding that tariff design focuses more on recovery of the energy charge and less on recovery of fixed charge.

The minister said that although the people kicked against the tariff, “it is a burden we have to carry. I want to urge the House of Representatives to support the campaign”
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by moodswing(m): 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]You rush to quote me only to end up showing you did not comprehend my post..

1. Yes you do recharge your calls and internet bills, but that hasnt stopped Nigerians from complaining about high call/sms/data tarriffs now has it?! Infact, look on Nairaland and on almost every thread, there is someone spamming it with Network cheat sim card. Why you would have an issue with that post befuddles me. Nigerians must complain.. And with electricity, they would scream. 24hrs power does not come cheap. No illegal connections again as these private companies would not be as lackadesical as PHCN and NEPA. We complain about phone tarriff, DSTV tariff, ATM charge, Bank charges, e.t.c.. So why should it be different for electricity. And those options of yours are not cheap either. The average cost of getting a good sized inverter is atleast 150,000 naira and above..

2. I never said that the FG is stopping Amaechi from generating electricity. Infact, the FG does not have the right to stop anybody from generating. Rivers States problem is not generating. Infact, Rivers State already generates over 4 times the amount of Power needed by the state. The problem is Distribution. And thats what I pointed towards.. Here is a quote from the original article;

Going by the highlighted, it means that Barths company would first satisfy the need of Aba (and maybe Abia State) before selling off the excess energy into the National grid. Meanwhile in neighboring Rivers State, the state is forced to feed all it generates into the National grid and wait for whatever meagre portion that returns to them.

If this article is correct, then why the double standard?! Rivers State already generates enough to satisfy the States needs and more, why not allow them distribute.

Nna na wah for you o!! I na eme ka onye bu'm na obi. Onwe ife'm me gi mbu?! Onwe nwayi mu na gi na zo? [/b]

The case with Rivers state was so because River's state power project in Trans Amadi is not a private company. The federal government also invested in it, therefore it is a joint venture between the state and the federal government.

Berth's company is privately owned.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki: Edo Diaspora In New York Mocks Governor (Video) / Prices Of Bread, Gas, Fuel Others Jerked Up Inflation In March – NBS / Approach Zimbabwe For Solution To Inflation, Obasanjo Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.