Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,503 members, 7,944,454 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth (1578 Views)

Photo: Shocking See This Strange Human Being Joined Together From Birth / 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! / Can The Blind From Birth Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth by UyiIredia(m): 6:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Eşref Armağan (born 1953) is a blind painter of Turkish origin. Born without sight to an impoverished family, he taught himself to write and print. He has painted using oil paints for roughly thirty-five years. Using a braille stylus to etch the outline of his drawing,
Armağan requires total silence to create art. Oil paint is then applied with his fingers and left to dry fully before a new color is applied. This unique method is used so that colors do not smudge. The art pieces themselves are created without help from any individual. He is also able to create art that has visual perspective.

Below are some of his paintings:

Check out his website for more info. How he paints. Scientists' take on his unique ability and a PDF with more paintings.
Re: Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth by UyiIredia(m): 6:24am On Jun 19, 2013
I was in an argument with somebody when he mentioned a blind locksmith. I was skeptical because I felt locksmith needed sight to see the fine details which their work required. Teetor did it by touch. Even though I've come across, blind drivers, blind inventors (like Ralph Teetor - the inventor of cruise control) and blind musicians (e.g Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles & Cobhams) I was quite surprised to see a blind painter. As far as I'm concerned this seals it for the rationalists who claimed knowledge was by reason, intuition or imagination.

How u wan paint color u no see ? Mountain or fish u never see ? Then the color make sense on top. For instance trees are green and ocean is blue.
Re: Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth by UyiIredia(m): 10:57am On Jun 19, 2013
BUMP !
Re: Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth by ATMC(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
What! If he was blind from birth, how come he knows what a fish looks like?
Re: Meet Esref Armagan: The Painter Blind From Birth by PapaBrowne(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mysteries. Genius. Extraordinary abilities.
We as humans underestimate our capacities.
The things we can do if we aren't distract from the seeming realities of our environment can be outstanding.

(1) (Reply)

Read How Ambode And Wife Battled Childlessness For 17 Years / Funny Pictures For Your Weekend / New Arrival: Wotofo Conqueror 4ml RTA Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.