Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,539 members, 7,972,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:44 PM

Episode 6 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Episode 6 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence (550 Views)

Episode 11 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence / Episode 8 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence / The Mystery Behind Human Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 6 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence by AdefarakanAO: 9:14am On Jun 19, 2013
[b]The Exposition on the STATE OF MIND continues…

Let me remind you that good feeling is the feeling of PASSION, JOY, LOVE, APPRECIATION/GRATITUDE, HAPPINESS, HOPE, BELIEF, OPTIMISM, AND CONTENTMENT. I had already written about some of these, I will therefore pick others one after the other.
LOVE
What a very renowned word! There is rarely anyone on Earth that is not conversant with this subject matter; ‘love’. But the question is; do you ‘feel’ loved. Because this is not just about you loving people, it’s also about “feeling” loved by people. Please don’t toy with your “feeling”. Although I have written on ‘feeling’ before but just to remind you; I said your feeling is the function of the state of your mind and every mind has spirit. So, there is spirit in feeling, therefore when you feel loved by people (even if the situation around you does not look it), and you keep at it on a consistent basis, you are directly telling God that you want to be loved by people, and it would definitely come to pass for you. How? God is Spirit, remember! (Jn 4:24). And He communicates with your Spirit, because there is spirit in “feeling” (i.e. the state of your mind).
HAPPINESS
Happiness is also a state of mind. And it simply means “pleasant experience”. So if how you are feeling now is pleasant, then you are ‘happy’. But you have the responsibility to “stay happy”. It is important for you to know that everybody has the sole responsibility to either be in a good feeling state or to be in a bad feeling state. How do I mean? Now, hear this; until you ‘think’, you cannot ‘feel’. Because every feeling proceeds from thought. For example, every time you ‘think’ about the way you spent your last Xmas, you ‘feel’ happy, because it was a pleasant experience. Therefore, your ‘feeling’ is determined by your ‘thought’ and nobody on earth can use your mind to think for you (of course, thinking can never be delegated). Your thought is your call! Thus, your happy feeling can determine what comes into your life (Prov.23:7). It can determine the future “pleasant happenings” i. e. what manifests in the future. So when you feel happy, your signal to God is that, you want Him to do for you more of the things that would make you feel happy. With all these, I believe it’s a wise choice to “feel good” (inspite of whatever that goes on around you).

BELIEF
Belief is the ‘feeling’ of ‘certainty’ that something Exists, its True, or its Good. Belief is the combination of both “to Believe and what is Believed”. See this equation, as an illustration
TO BELIEVE = FAITH
WHAT IS BELIEVED = GOD
So if, TO BELIEVE + WHAT IS BELIEVED = BELIEF
Then, FAITH + GOD = BELIEF (that is, Faith in God)
More examples, since FAITH + GOD = BELIEF
Then, FAITH + MINISTRY OF THE TRINITY = BELIEF (that is, Faith in the Ministry of the Trinity)
Then, FAITH + ETERNITY = BELIEF (that is, Faith in Eternity)
Then, FAITH + BIBLE = BELIEF (that is, Faith in the Bible) Etc.
All these examples are part of my own ‘Belief’. I don’t know yours. But one thing ‘Belief’ does is that, it puts you in a “good and stable state of mind”. Belief always goes with “good feeling”. If someone prays for you in the Name of Jesus, and you say Amen from your heart, what does that mean? It means both of you have common BELIEF. And the Belief is FAITH + NAME OF JESUS (i.e. Faith in the Name of Jesus). That is why when somebody prays for you in this pattern, you are excited to say Amen.
Pls note, your belief may not totally agree with mine, because people have their differences when it comes to the issue of Belief (even among Christians). For example, not all Christians believe in anointing oil and feet washing. But one thing is common to all; your commitment to your Belief puts you in a “good frame of mind”.
OPTIMISM
Optimism simply means positive hope for the future. For instance, when you are hopeful that a particular situation you find yourself shall end up in your favour, then you are optimistic. Hope could either be positive or negative, depending on individuals. But the one that has positive feeling about what is to come, is optimism! Don’t forget we are still looking at “Good State of Mind”. And there is no way you would be optimistic and not “feel good”.
It also mean, if your positive hope for the future (Optimism) outweighs your negative hope for the future (Pessimism), then your optimism would deliver to you, your heart desire. Because your feeling always has a way of communicating to God.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO KNOW EARLIER! WE LOVE YOU!