Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,312 members, 7,881,143 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:16 PM

Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee (28052 Views)

How To Prevent Employee Fraud/ Theft: 22 Tips / Ex-employee Sues Bank For N100 Billion / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Closetoheart: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dear people, please I need your suggestions on the type of part time business I can start with capital of N200,000 or less. I need your opinions please. Ideas rule the world.

Ps: I am not a fan of networking business or multi level marketing, please do not suggest such. I need businesses that would involve sales of goods, I will prefer mobile shop business ideas please.

Thank you.

Mods: please assist in moving this topic to the front page for more ideas. I am in dire need of responses. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Prince4God(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
Part time business and you don't like network marketing. Well, go into importation of the favourite things you can market. In my own views, multi-level marketing is the best part-time business that can make you that million without much hassles.

If you later consider that, look around here for ideas: http://completelyhere..com/2013/06/make-n1-million-in-less-than-less.html
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by naijacutee(f): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
I think there's a market for offering affordable delivery services to ecommerce shops in Lagos, using existing Okada drivers. It's a relatively new idea, so you'll have to use your imagination, creativity to solve unique problems that might arise, as there's no one to copy from.

Basically, you round up okadas in certain areas, and get them to sign up to your service, which will provide them with additional jobs for twice the route price. You then transport parcels to locations close to the okada rank, and during quiet periods, the okada drivers can pick up your higher-paying jobs.

Something like taxipark.com.ng, but with courier packages, and a more direct approach to offline client acquisition.

7 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Goodcare(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
i think every input will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by theodoredavid: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
think ofgoing into rice business

2 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijacutee: I think there's a market for offering affordable delivery services to ecommerce shops in Lagos, using existing Okada drivers. It's a relatively new idea, so you'll have to use your imagination, creativity to solve unique problems that might arise, as there's no one to copy from.

Basically, you round up okadas in certain areas, and get them to sign up to your service, which will provide them with additional jobs for twice the route price. You then transport parcels to locations close to the okada rank, and during quiet periods, the okada drivers can pick up your higher-paying jobs.

Something like taxipark.com.ng, but with courier packages, and a more direct approach to offline client acquisition.
sounds interesting...kindly elaborate on the logistics
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by bigt2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
I have a co-workwe selling shoes (quality and durable!wink straight from the manufacturer! and theat doesn't even disturb his work and guess what, it is needs not more than 75k. However, that depends on how large your organisation is, for in this case, it is a tertiary institution. The people you are selling to also matter, but you may choose not to sell on credit. This is all i have for now, more soon! Thanks! cool

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by dcal001: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
You people won't comment now...where are all those first to talk people...

12 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
N200,000, Okay.
* Sales of cloths
* Printing Recharge Cards
* Photography.

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Basic(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
dcal001: You people won't comment now...where are all those first to talk people...
Of course, they won't comment on threads like this.
@topic, consider the following:
*kerosene reselling
*pharmacy/drug store
*a snacks joint
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by coalcoal1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
Subscribing
Grabs pop corn and zobo ....
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by akorlade(m): 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
distributing egbo on a small scale. Since its a part time job.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by mtprofessor5(m): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
wer r diz pple....wen it cumz 2 rackin of brain dey wont talk @op hw cn we sugest a buinez idea wen we dont knw wer u stay n hw z d economic system around der
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by dridowu: 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Subsribing to thread
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by bigt2(m): 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: N200,000, Okay.
* Sales of cloths
* Printing Recharge Cards
* Photography.

sales of clothes, that is a good one there, you should know what your co-workers like, and must be able to predict so you wont go out of vouge in large!

Printing of recharge cards, this is a business i wont advise you to venture into or else you want a lillte profit - which is not the forecast of any aspiring business mogul!
Even if you try as much as possible not to recharge from your stock, your co-workers migght recharge on credit, and for every 1k voucher, is a 50 Naira gain. Within months, if you were unable to discipline yourself, it is all gone!!
Photography, thiis is another good one, especially when you are close to a photo lab where you can print at affordable prices. You can also boost your star and cut the costs by editing by yourself!
All you need is your digital camera, a memory card+USB card readerand a small laptop or desktop + ur phone, internet enabled! Get all these and you can print digital pictures at the rate of 30 naira per pix (@ least hat is the price here). However, someab owhers needs the presence of a photographer or else they will charge you more. This you can overcome by tipping off a photographer (most expecially, an apprentice) trying to print his own to add it up!! wink more coming...... cool

3 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by 1wolex85: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
dcal001: You people won't comment now...where are all those first to talk people...
Dcal001......I see u...
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by igahdavid(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
With that amount, you can procure car tracking modems at a low price and market car tracking services to people. You can get the modems at N20k or lower depending on how much you intend to invest. Then install for people at price of N40 to N60k. If you are good in marketing, you can make between N100 to N200k monthly.
We will setup your tracked cars online, so it can be easily monitored and tracked.
For more details on the tracking modems please visit
www.digitalcartracker.com
(For resellers and Distributors only)

4 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by farm4u: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Go and buy a farm land and plant some yams.

6 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by frankobaba(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
How about setting up a laundry business...and employ some teens around to do the job on a part time basis for a reasonable Wage. And u can also sell some laundry items der too. Just a suggestion... Think BIG Bro

5 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Make inquiries about Snail rearing or Grass cutter. It actually does pay. Just ask people and see how it works.

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by sigba(f): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Recharge cards.
Foot wears
Under wears
Packaged stockfish
Jwelries

Will get back to you wen i remember more.
Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by bigt2(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
Basic:
Of course, they won't comment on threads like this.
@topic, consider the following:
*kerosene reselling
*pharmacy/drug store
*a snacks joint
u kiddin right?
*kerosene reselling requires 7 hours of your day, or else you employ somebody - which is not advisable cos egungun can still money!
*pharmacy/drug store- you need a certificate for that, and believe me, unless you have a brother that studied pharmacy or other drug authorised courses, it will take a long time to see a person to lend you his (which comes with a huge price tag). You dont want NAFDAC on your tail, do you
*a snacks joint - ewwww!!! @ work Get out!!!

5 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by bigt2(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
it marvels me to see some people trying to give advices in the wrong contexts!! The op asks for business ideas that wont affect his/her time @ work, or am i wrong, op

4 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijacutee: I think there's a market for offering affordable delivery services to ecommerce shops in Lagos, using existing Okada drivers. It's a relatively new idea, so you'll have to use your imagination, creativity to solve unique problems that might arise, as there's no one to copy from.

if you thought this up on your own then please let's get married. I don't want to know your appearance or anything, just marry me.

18 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Raypawer(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
Look arround you, get things you could easily market, things you have passion for, like shoes, shirts, computer accesories, stock fish from, cat fish, fish, car tracking device, import them, sell for your co-workers or you can look arround your environment, think of something you can do to solve a problem there, don't be afraid to employ a teen, the teen could be your relative or younger one, set up a business, monitor it and watch it grow, try to be on the importing side, get more of the Quality chinese product, and there you go. It could be a fabric retailing shop, a building material shop, a provision shop, computer accessory shop, i mean something you could easily take stock of if you want to employ somebody, import it and there you Go. Think and Think Big. I hope this helps...

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by mueller(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
No matter the amount you want to start a business with, your business idea should be something you are passionate about or quite skilled at. The challenges entrepreneurs face are quite daunting and nothing short of a strong passion backed by serious guts will keep you going. Identifying your passion and the entrepreneurial expression for it is easy. Read up the easy steps I found on the site: http://bizlabel..com/2013/05/what-business-can-i-do.html

2 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Mbeki: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
NETWORK MARKETING IS THE SIMPLEST PART TO PROSPERITY IN HISTORY OF CAPITALISM. It's a pity those that started Network Marketing in this country started on a wrong footing and using a wrong model. Network Marketing has been misconstrued to be buying and selling of supplements and drugs- which was what the pioneers did in Nigeria and failed woefully.. The truth is network marketing is a referral system, which is ideal for someone looking for a part time job that will give a passive income. I currently built a network marketing business,that presently gives me a monthly income more than my present job is paying me, without me selling a single item. The model is meant for busy work place professionals who are too busy to be doing buying and selling model. Just as someone has said earlier, if you are interested in considering that angle, call me : 08065733884.(BBPIN: 23BE19CA ) A good plan B income should not interfere with your plan A. Remember, all the business that has been suggested so far needs you to be present to do it (they are not a system) , Network marketing on the other hand requires littler percent of plenty people's effort that counts to you in form of bonuses and incentives

3 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by rebecca167(m): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
Guy, if u hv where u can distribute or sell boxers, then u hv made it, with only 100k, u will be able 2 produce up to 950 boxers at d rate of 150 per boxer(including packaging it with designers label and even ur own label if u want). Bt all these things are done in aba(abia state). I introduce d biz to my friend that just finished (nysc)serving last year and he is doing fine.. I mean fine. He sells Per boxers at d rate of 300 to 400 naira to boutiques . My pinxxxxxxx......guys call me wit 08038708824, 2 much requests on my bb, I will answer u people . Thanks

13 Likes

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Invite: 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
Your present location matters. You can think of domestic gas shop. It requires less of ur time. You can open up a classic barbing saloon. Unisex if u like. You can think of selling just shoes and belt.... Give us ur location and the kind of job u do. I'll dig out more. Barbing saloon is a money spinner. I shave at 200naira every 3days here.

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Policewoman(f): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
BARBING SALOON isn't a bad idea. Also you could try buying and selling foodstuff, or buying to supply supermarket and departmental stores.

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas For A Full Time Employee by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
Depends on location. If you are in Lagos, then you can always make quick bucks with less than that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / Naira: Concerns Over Fresh Threat From Crypto Traders / Please How And Were Can I Buy Goods In Bulk From Wholesalers In Lagos And Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.