Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,122 members, 7,910,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:18 PM

Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 (817 Views)

Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry / Couple Who Met At NYSC Camp Are To Wed Next Month / Photos: Bride Marries Her Dead Groom At His Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 by Olarewajub: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ron and Eileen Everest at age4 (left), on their wedding day in 1943 (center) and in 2013 (right)Ron and Eileen Everest never knew a world without each other. They were born inthe same hospital – he in 1921, she in 1922 – and werefriends practically from birth. As 4-year-olds, they posed as bride and groom in a pretend wedding at a carnival.Later, barely out oftheir teens, they married forreal. And this year, 87 years after that old photo was taken, the one they fondly refer to as their first wedding rehearsal, the British couple are celebratingtheir platinum anniversary after 70 years ofmarriage. "We have been in love from the age of zero," Ron tells the Telegraph. "We were born in the same maternity hospital – we might have even been born in the same bed." It wasn't fate, necessarily. Infact, Eileen tooksome convincing before she eventually agreed to marry Ron in 1943. "I did not think much of Ron at all," she tells the Daily Mail. "But I did think he looked handsome in his Navy uniform. To be honest,I liked the look of the uniformmore than him." But 70 years after their wedding day,they can look back and see just how special their bond has been. "We have had our ups and downs, but we have always got on," Eileen says. Adds Ron: "We promised to love, honor and obey – and I did all the obeying." Anyway, there's no backing out now. AsEileen says: "I think we will stay together forever." Culledfrom People Magazine.. http://eagleclopedia..in/2013/06/couple-who-posed-as-bride-groom-at-age.html?showComment=1371656417422#c835083983778170649
Re: Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
so where is the picture then?!!
Re: Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 by Olarewajub: 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
gmyguy: so where is the picture then?!!
sorry, i couldn't copy the picture.
Re: Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 by clemz85(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
chei! aft all the story no picture.

i for say confuse thread
Re: Couple Who Posed As Bride & Groom At Age 4 Still Going Strong At 91 by jmoha: 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
great

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Relationship Problems / 13 Scientifically Proven Signs U Are In Love / TB Joshua – Where Does Spiritual Husbands & Wives Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.