Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,348 members, 7,881,287 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession (17707 Views)

Tribunal: Politicians Go Fetish To Win Petitions In Delta / (PICTURE) APC Legislator Caught Contesting In Two States / Madalla Bombing: CP Zakari Biu Suspended Over Escape Of Alleged Mastermind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by tpia5: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
ritux: AKURE — A female member of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Fola Olasehinde was, yesterday, suspended indefinitely for being in possession of fetish objects including miniature coffins.

The suspended member is representing Ose council area of the state constituency.

Her indefinite suspension was announced on the floor of the House by the Deputy Speaker, Dare Emiola after a parliamentary meeting.

Emiola said that the female legislator by her action has brought embarrassment to the Assembly.

Consequently, the leadership of the house, according to him, has set up a five member committee to further probe the allegation against the member by her landlord Chief kolawole Ogunbadejo.

The committee is headed by Fatal Olotu and they are to look into the allegation levied against the lawmaker and report back to the house within the next two weeks.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ondo-female-legislator-suspended-over-fetish-objects-possession/

hmm, things are happening.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by tpia5: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
anyway, turn to Jesus, folks.

what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Pukkah: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
4Willywilly:
Are you saying their ancestors passed down evil spirit to them, the only booming industry of the Yorubas is selling of Human spare parts, if you go to Yorubaland and come back alive thank your God.
Ijebu people=Juju people.

WoolyWooly is a Nigerian idi.ot. No, his case is even worse - he's a lunatic that 'has entered the market'.

And like every lunatic, his sayings and deeds are abnormal and contrary to those of normal people. Yet he thinks he's normal. Of course, he thinks the other people who are normal are the abnormal ones.

May God help wooly-haired WoolyWooly whose worrisome wooly-mindedness is getting worse.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Pukkah: 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:
anyway, turn to Jesus, folks.

what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.

Anyway, turn to Ifa Orunmila tpia@

What shall it profit a mortal if she gains the whole of this fleeting world and loses her immortal soul?
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
Brimmie: Ondo State; State That Breeds Bastards Of Yoruba Lineage!! Most Especially Their Governor!!

Dem Suppose Beat Am Join!!
Imagine the bastard they call their governor licking the ass of Jonathan in the name of federal appointment after his expiration in office as governor. I have lost every respect I have for him after the Governor's forum crises. However, it is not every Ondo person that is like him.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by tpia5: 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
Pukkah:

Anyway, turn to Ifa Orunmila tpia@

What shall it profit a mortal if she gains the whole of this fleeting world and loses her immortal soul?

you didnt see the one calling you a bastard, its my own post that worries you?

anyway, turn to Jesus for deliverance from the law of sin and death which is at work in your life.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Waleesa: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2013
AK 48: yoruba film teaches only that,she is just representing. grin lipsrsealed cry

Thank you. Those silly movies should be banned. All they tend to do is propagate the idea that fetish and occult practices are the only effective means of resolving one's differences in society.

Consequently, they are unwittingly desensitizing the populace to juju and ogume and are potraying them as a normal (and possibly prescribed) way of life. Even underprivileged people use the little money they have to enagage in this nonsense instead of using that same money to try to better their lot positively.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by igboboy1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
I support her...everybody should revert to tradition abeggii...As long as she no kill person gini bu the big deal?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Pukkah: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:

you didnt see the one calling you a bastard, its my own post that worries you?

anyway, turn to Jesus for deliverance from the law of sin and death which is at work in your life.

I won't descend to your level. Never. There's no point.

Thanks. I wish you well.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by oderemo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
Are you saying their ancestors passed down evil spirit to them, the only booming industry of the Yorubas is selling of Human spare parts, if you go to Yorubaland and come back alive thank your God.
Ijebu people=Juju people.

WoolyWooly is a Nigerian idi.ot. No, his case is even worse - he's a lunatic that 'has entered the market'.

And like every lunatic, his sayings and deeds are abnormal and contrary to those of normal people. Yet he thinks he's normal. Of course, he thinks the other people who are normal are the abnormal ones.

May God help wooly-haired WoolyWooly whose worrisome wooly-mindedness is getting worse.
(Quote)
need i say more to this lunatic wooly headed fool, ignorance is his surname surely followed by his close brother mr.stupid.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
Okija Juju has said it all.. what more can i say..
she didnt kill anyone. she is just practicing a religion so no big deal in this news

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Horlazuncanmi(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
This is no news,I know one of them that is a complete babalawo
Hon Ayo Arowele of Ondo Assembly has jujuj pass the woman
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by cold(m): 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure if Jesus had been executed this way

Christians would be looking like this

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Eve4: 8:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Almost everyone steals bt until You ar caught den You ar a big theif!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Tedpgrass: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
@ Okija.....

Having read through your rejoinders......

A clear pattern runs through.

Making assumptions....

Assumptions have been made that the woman is a trado practitioner..... a fact she's not publicly known for, hence the uproar.. Neither as she alluded to such. The defence that these were worship instruments rather than ritualistic objects can't stand as a result.
Ritualistic! Whose farm animals or humans... be it babies or hapless individuals have been killed to facilitate its potency.

No consistency in application of underlying ethos.

1 minute, you go on about white man's religion negatively then the tide turns. The constitution you quote is based directly on white man's constitution ie Great Britain. Remain consistent. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You don't like the white man's religion,as you feel we are slaves to their mentality..... then don't use their language or inventions.

Reluctance to take on significance of general public opinion, whether it's palatable or not ...........

The Aluu massacre was senseless but was not of a general public opinion. Passions ran deep and wrong information was given intentionally to the villagers concerned. But the general public opinion was that of shock and disbelief...hence the outcry!!
In Haiti or countries where trado practices are done openly, there may be acceptance. Not in todays Nigeria

Correction... people claim the blood of Jesus.... don't kill to shed any physical blood as seen on different altars. 2ndly, the resurrection led to the risen Christ. The resurrection was the defining moment.

I understand by your admissions, you have strong links to trado practitioners. However, those active practitioners, wise enough to advise will be concerned about the significance (potentially of a negative consequence) of the objects found in her possession... not a self-acclaimed priestess or member

Let's call a spade a spade....

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by tpia5: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
Pukkah:

I won't descend to your level. Never. There's no point.

Thanks. I wish you well.

i think you are the maggot here, since i did not respond to you before you responded to me.

so, get help and it will never be well with you as long as you continue on this path you're on.

put that in your pipe and smoke it.

if you need more, i dey here, try me.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by tpia5: 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
Tedpgrass:
@ Okija.....

are you new to nl?

okija is a confused fellow.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Okijajuju1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
Tedpgrass:
@ Okija.....

Making assumptions....

Assumptions have been made that the woman is a trado practitioner..... a fact she's not publicly known for, hence the uproar.. Neither as she alluded to such. The defence that these were worship instruments rather than ritualistic objects can't stand as a result.
Ritualistic! Whose farm animals or humans... be it babies or hapless individuals have been killed to facilitate its potency.

No consistency in application of underlying ethos.

1 minute, you go on about white man's religion negatively then the tide turns. The constitution you quote is based directly on white man's constitution ie Great Britain. Remain consistent. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You don't like the white man's religion,as you feel we are slaves to their mentality..... then don't use their language or inventions.

Reluctance to take on significance of general public opinion, whether it's palatable or not ...........

The Aluu massacre was senseless but was not of a general public opinion. Passions ran deep and wrong information was given intentionally to the villagers concerned. But the general public opinion was that of shock and disbelief...hence the outcry!!
In Haiti or countries where trado practices are done openly, there may be acceptance. Not in todays Nigeria

Correction... people claim the blood of Jesus.... don't kill to shed any physical blood as seen on different altars. 2ndly, the resurrection led to the risen Christ. The resurrection was the defining moment.

I understand by your admissions, you have strong links to trado practitioners. However, those active practitioners, wise enough to advise will be concerned about the significance (potentially of a negative consequence) of the objects found in her possession... not a self-acclaimed priestess or member

Let's call a spade a spade....

[b]***scratchinghead seriously***

You are all over the place now.. First you say that the allusion of changing religion as one pleases is laughable and wouldn't hold up in court.. I show you that the constitution of Nigeria allows for it and that as a defence in court it will definitely suffice and you now change and call the constitution a white mans thing.. Erm! What exactly are you saying now? Constitutions have been around way before the whites. That it has been properly institutionalised today does not mean we didn't have laws that guided us before the advent of the whites. The constitution has nothing to do with Christianity. It's plain and simply the law. Stop running all over the place. I dissected your post and answered each line as you put them down. Stop jumbling everything together.

I simply played devils advocate with her saying she's a trado worshipper. The woman has the right to say that the night before, she changed religion and embraced vodun religion. Simply put; the woman has not committed any offence nor contravened any provision of the constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria which is the supreme law of the land. Ifa worshipping is not a crime in Nigeria. Trado worshipping is not a crime in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, she can eve say she just invented a new religion called worshippers of the miniature casket and it wouldnt be a crime and pass in court as a defence. A miniature casket is not a weapon. So on what law do you say "she violated/infringed on the fundamental rights of anyone" and what right did she infringe.. Remember that you said this in one of your previous posts.. Please answer as we are all interested in this law of yours.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.. How convenient. So if carrying an anointed oil is good for the Christians and carrying a prayer bead is good for the Muslim, shouldn't carrying a miniature casket be good for the Vodun worshipper? Shouldn't carrying an offor be good for the Igbo traditional worshipper? Like where were you going with that quote?

You just accused me of making assumptions... And then you turn around and make allusions to the number of babies and humans killed for the potency of whatever charm it was she had. Now the onus of proof is on you to prove to us here that her charm involved human sacrifice of any kind... Or has somebody been watching too many Nollywood movies.. grin

Aluu 4. The Aluu community in itself as captured in that video constituted a public. That was an autonomous community and they unanimously agreed to the execution of those boys. I still have that video and you can still hear the overwhelming shouts of 'kill them' in the background. Like why we are arguing this sef is a shocker. Go online and search for the thread on that case and see for yourself.
Below is the dictionary definition of Public should you decide to also argue that one;

pub·lic
/ˈpəblik/
Adjective
Of or concerning the people as a whole.
Noun
Ordinary people in general; the community.
Synonyms
adjective. common - open - national - general - communal - overt
noun. audience - people - house - community

So by this definition, the Aluu people as shown in the video constituted a 'public'. You can argue a case for "the larger public", but that in itself does not make the Aluu people any less of a public.

Nobody cares if 95% of Nigerians don't agree to or accept other traditional religious practices and religion.. The fact remains that these religions are protected under the constitution of the country and thus are legal and anyone who chooses to practice them are constitutionally protected as shown in the section of the constitution I posted here earlier.. #Period.

This your argument of the blood of Jesus and Christianity is rather retarded (No offence)...

It's rather sad that you a Christian have little knowledge of your religion. The most significant part of your religion is the shedding of the blood. The resurrection only pointed to his power over death. Your sins are not forgiven because Jesus resurrected, but because of his blood that was shed for the remission of your sin:

Romans 3:25 states, “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through FAITH IN HIS BLOOD, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

Ephesians 1:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

Ephesians 2:13
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Should I continue..... A shitload of scriptures in the bible points to this. But you will never find one that says the resurrection saves sinners from sin.

Again.. The negativity is a function of perception.. I see the Christian practice of Holy Communion as negative. It comes across to me as pseudo cannibalism. Eating and drinking bread and wine as a representation of eating the flesh and blood of Jesus... You will call it communion, I call it pseudo-cannibalism. If this were done by other religions, it's negative. But if done by a mainstream religion, it's acceptable. That's sheer hypocrisy.

Not only have I called a spade a spade, I just drew you the picture of a spade and even gave you an actual spade.. Now use it and go dig up some real solid points to buttress your point. This debate is beginning to make me feel like a bully.. grin
[/b]
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:

are you new to nl?

okija is a confused fellow.

Its obvious you have no idea what confused is all about.. grin

Look at how teddy pendagrass is running all over the place. That's what confused means.. grin
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by stunning4real: 11:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nobody is innocent among d politicians, besides is she owing house rent? Y wud d landlord invade in her privacy?
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by 4Willywilly: 12:01am On Jun 21, 2013
ode remo:
need i say more to this lunatic wooly headed fool, ignorance is his surname surely followed by his close brother mr.stupid.
Look at this Ode from Remo, i know that u and Pukkah love visiting Babalawo.
Ijebu people=Juju People
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by 99cent: 3:57am On Jun 21, 2013
wth.. so what if she has "fetish?" is there a law that says only christians and muslims are allowed in legislature? Pagan worshipers are now banned or what? This is madness!! The woman need to defend herself and fight those stupid men.Half of them probably have life-size coffins under their beds!
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 21, 2013
When I saw Fetish, I was thinking sexual objects

4Willy,

Focus on children witch hunting in the East.......Osu people in the Southeast.......Okija cannibalism voodoo in the Southeast....

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija voodo in yhe Southeast.....

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 4:26am On Jun 21, 2013
Talking about juju and Ibos

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 4:30am On Jun 21, 2013
What Yorubas find punishable, our Ibo brothers keeps it hidden in society

Govenor Orji Kalu.........still serving in Abia state

Like I said.....it's not punishable in Iboland, even their governors practice it

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Anyway, I commend Ondo state for turning attention to whatever this lady was doing.

I saw Afam4eva on this thread earlier, but I guess it was okay to insult Yorubas.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by true2god: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Igbos hate us too much. grin
My best friends are yorubas.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by true2god: 8:07am On Jun 21, 2013
ezex:
Shut d Bleep.
When u don't know anything about those in power why won't u insult d southwest.
99.9% if not 100% of those in politics are in cult.
As an Igbo guy i can tell u dat 98% of my Igbo politicians are cultist\fetsh, the same thing applicable to the yoruba, hausa, ijaw, efik politicians etc. Virtually all of dem are fetish.

Na only God go deliver us frm dem.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by true2god: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2013
babe_online: [size=24pt]I dont think there is anything wrong in practising your local religion.[/size] We have simply been brainwashed by the west and that is why we condemn our local religion cry cry cry cry cry

[size=18pt]BUT[/size]

SELLING YOUR BABY IS WRONG! Link:http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/06/19/dss-rescues-17-pregnant-girls-in-aba-photo/ angry angry sad sad
Not evry anti-yoruba post on nairaland is an igbo-man post.

I wonder y u hav come to dis conclusion.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Okijajuju1(m): 8:33am On Jun 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
What Yorubas find punishable, our Ibo brothers keeps it hidden in society

Govenor Orji Kalu.........still serving in Abia state

Like I said.....it's not punishable in Iboland, even their governors practice it

And I ask you again Ileke Idi, Whats the crime in what he is doing there?!

Is it a crime to consult a native doctor?!

If you call the police to arrest him now, what crime would he be charged with?!

We are too focused on the 'spiritual' part (whatever that is) that we lose focus of the fact that it is not an offence in any way, shape or form.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by nokingasgod: 10:20am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Living in Harmony: Who says she wasnts living in harmony?! She did not impose her religous beliefs on anybody. Or does carrying a miniature coffin to the office now translate into imposing ones religous beliefs on anyone?! If anybody imposes their beliefs on people its those of the Christian faith. They are the ones with churches whose loud speakers disturb peoples peace everyday, they are the ones who start office meetings and social gatherings with christian prayers with little regard for the fact that not everyone in that gatheing is a Christian. So can you again tell me what your point here is again just incase I didnt get you properly.

Again sir, diabolical is subject to interpretation. A voodoo doll you see as evil is widely accepted in many cultures across West Africa. Infact Voodooism is a religous practice native to Western Africa. The public you speak of are those who believe that theirs is better than others. I have attended churches where people have been asked to call the names of their enemies and pray fire and brimstone on them. I guess its okay because its Christian. But if a Voodoo practitioner holds a dool, sticks pins into it and makes some incantation (which really is no different from prayers), it becomes 'diabolical'.

Its like a case of White man kills black man, its 'man slaughter', Black man kills white man, its 'First degree murder'. DOUBLE STANDARDS!

[b]Ermmmm!! WRONG AGAIN!!

Their is no salvation without the blood of Jesus. #FACT!

This same blood of Jesus has been also used as a weapon against percieved enemies as well.. Or will you say you have never heard prayers like 'I plead the blood of Jesus against my enemies'?!

People who carry miniature crosses with Jesus on it do so in acknowledgement of his sacrifice.. But people who carry miniature caskets dont carry it in acknowledgement of the sacrifices of their fore-fathers, or as a reminder of the final resting place of man or something like that abi?! If its Jesus, its cool.. If its not Jesus its diabolical.. REEEEAALLLYYYYY!!!!

Thank God you are not the law.. Below is a section of the Nigerian constitution on freedom of association and religion. Pay particular attention to the highlighted portion.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Powers_of_Federal_Republic_of_Nigeria

And you were saying....... Please repeat that line again about it not holding up in a court of law and tell me if you still believe what you wrote..

Well.. Thankfully Public concensus is not the Law..

Just incase you have forgotten so soon, 4 boys were murdered in cold blood in Aluu commuinity of Rivers State by 'Public Concensus' a.k.a 'Jungle Justice'. Did that make it alright?! Or is it because this one is supposely juju that is involved?! Like seriously dude..

It does not matter what the majority of Nigerians believe. If this is your chosen line of arguement, then its okay for Muslims to kill Christians in the North, afterall, majority in the North are Muslims hence have the advantage of numbers. Again dude, where are you going with this?!

Well..

I have a section in my extended family where 1 member must grow up to become the Eze Mmuo (Chief priest) so truct me, I am well conversant with Traditional African worship and practices. There is still an Obi in many compounds in Anambra State even tomorrow. Caskets?! Lol

If all you saw were cowries, beads, feathers, idols and prolly schinapps, then you prolly went to a small shrine..

Below is a typical Voodoo shrine..

Note the 'MINIATURE COFFIN', human skull amongst other items in it.. Thats Voodooism, widely practiced across West Africa Including Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Vodun

You can give up now my guy... If these are the points you want to argue with, then you can give up now.

Seriously!!

BRILLIANT. CASE CLOSED!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LP Suspends Ex-chair Salako, Salvador, 4 Others In Lagos Over Anti-party / FG To Sell Five Power Plants For $1 Billiom / Cia And Mossad To Divide Nigeria Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.